2022 Texas Baseball

Balcones

12 hours ago, torre said:

Doesn't Hodo's dad have a baseball clinic in the Boerne area or did at one time  ?

He was one of the original guys to set up The Dugout of Boerne ( I believe Berkman may have been or was involved in one time too as he has a home/property in the Boerne area also). Russell is still listed as an instructor there. Batting cages and other instruction for teams and individuals. Russell is also involved with Lone Star Baseball Club.

• Hook 'Em 2

Boerne has always been a little baseball haven.  I used to play summer leagues in Olmos Park with a lot of Boerne dudes back in high school.

Every last one was named Ty, Kyle, or Travis.  Every one of ‘em.

‘You can guess where they all ended up in college.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Ha! 😁 We've shared the same dirt.

Olmos Park served as our home field when I played JUCO ball in SA. 

I grew up on those fields - Pony, Colt, & Little leagues.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cajun said:

I grew up on those fields - Pony, Colt, & Little leagues.

Coolio. What schools you go to? 

Dad worked civil service at Kelly.

I grew up in the area of Ingram and Callahan Rds. Went to Sul Ross Jr High (with my older brother at Holmes) for a year and then we moved to Boerne when I was in 7th grade. Great small town, (boring) place to grow up as a kid in the 70s. Have plenty of school friends that still live there but it is too damned crowded and Californicated for me now. My mom still has their house (same one) there, but my sis and I will sell it when she is gone.

1 hour ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Coolio. What schools you go to? 

Dad worked civil service at Kelly.

I grew up in the area of Ingram and Callahan Rds. Went to Sul Ross Jr High (with my older brother at Holmes) for a year and then we moved to Boerne when I was in 7th grade. Great small town, (boring) place to grow up as a kid in the 70s. Have plenty of school friends that still live there but it is too damned crowded and Californicated for me now. My mom still has their house (same one) there, but my sis and I will sell it when she is gone.

Elementary - Cambridge

Junior High - Alamo Heights

High School - Alamo Heights

I grew up on Estes Ave, which is the street coming right off Olmos Dam on the Alamo Heights side.  Roughly 3 blocks away from those fields.

@40acredropoutI don’t remember the baseballs being dead, just that they had enormously large, protruding seams that would cut you wide open if you got hit by a spinner.

Of course, the pitchers loved those balls.  “Diamonds”, I think they were called.

Or were you just making an Armybrat-esque jab?

Edited by Cajun

40 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

I was.  And I now feel poorly for it due to your genuine, good natured response.

In baseball, the dead-ball era was the period from around 1900 to the emergence of Babe Ruth as a power hitter in 1919

If you’d seen what I’ve posted about Brat, or even worse, South Austin’s mom you wouldn’t feel bad anymore.

19 hours ago, Cajun said:

@BillyGoatHillPic from my senior year.  We were barely .500 that year, but the previous 2 we made state quarter finals (4A).  I was #6.

<Braces for smartass commentary to come>

Go MULES!

IMG_0401.JPG

I see that AH got y'alls uniforms from the same company. Switch out Mules for Hounds and those are Boerne's unis....😆

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

I see that AH got y'alls uniforms from the same company. Switch out Mules for Hounds and those are Boerne's unis....😆

Not sure why that pic was black & white.  The colors were something to behold.  I’ll see if I can find a colored on (no wasist).

[mention=1173]BillyGoatHill[/mention]Pic from my senior year.  We were barely .500 that year, but the previous 2 we made state quarter finals (4A).  I was #6.

Go MULES!
IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.8495b1edbe018e177e6118e4a8a8eab5.JPG

Speaking of Alamo Heights, I noticed when we played them earlier this year that Brooks Kieschnick Jr was on their roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Dewey said:

No lead is safe, pitching is garbage. 

I think there is really only one guy on the staff who's truly garbage (it's alarming that somebody thought he was good enough to pitch here).  There are a couple of other young ones who look like they probably aren't good enough but should probably be offered another year to see if they develop.  And then there are a few young ones who are clearly good enough but whose confidence is shot.

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

By the way, I put Duplantier in that last category.  He actually still has good stuff (0.234 BAA this year).  Not ready to give up there.

First year post TJ surgery is a crapshoot for a lot of pitchers. Sometimes it takes guys a while to get their command back to where it was before surgery.

Im not saying to give up on him, but people are rose tinting his pre-TJ form just a touch. He pitched 9 innings against a bad non-conference slate. We don’t know what the rest of the season would have been like, but this BP looked pretty good this season against Rice, A&M CC, and Sam Houston too…

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

Lol, David Hamilton #53. 

Had to watch it a few times to figure out what happened.  David is baserunner on 3B.  Batter gets dinged, looks like pitcher yells, batter appears to at least partially connect with a punch.  David comes rushing in to ruckus.  

I can't tell if at first David was just checking to see if #6 (pitcher) was okay or if he was about to brawl before wising up when he saw entire opposing dugout rushing his way.

Either way, after pitcher collects himself from getting decked, he charges David low and puts him on the ground.  Appears to be a poor choice.  David had zero reinforcement from his teammates (they were all down first base line) and the pitcher had literally 7 of his guys trying to pull D-Ham off.  20 seconds later,  pitcher is on ground writhing in pain like a little bitch.   It appears the pitcher did indeed fuck around and find out.

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Like 2

A second thought: 

Pitcher was a big enough bad boy to drill batter and then yell.

Once the batter, Tyreque Reed (6'1", 250 lbs), decks him, he then chooses to go after David (5'10", 175 lbs). 

Perhaps it was fog of war and he went for first green jersey he saw.  Or it was a conscious choice, of which I guess I can't fault the logic.  But this is an internet message board so I am going to exercise my right to call him a little bitch.

28 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Had to watch it a few times to figure out what happened.  David is baserunner on 3B.  Batter gets dinged, looks like pitcher yells, batter appears to at least partially connect with a punch.  David comes rushing in to ruckus.  

I can't tell if at first David was just checking to see if #6 (pitcher) was okay or if he was about to brawl before wising up when he saw entire opposing dugout rushing his way.

Either way, after pitcher collects himself from getting decked, he charges David low and puts him on the ground.  Appears to be a poor choice.  David had zero reinforcement from his teammates (they were all down first base line) and the pitcher had literally 7 of his guys trying to pull D-Ham off.  20 seconds later,  pitcher is on ground writhing in pain like a little bitch.   It appears the pitcher did indeed fuck around and find out.

Even tho he wasn’t really ready for it I thought DH took the attempt of a form tackle well.