2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

Bobby:

Publicly, Ochaun Mathis said his visit to Texas went great. While certainly encouraging, we all know that a lot of coveted recruits often say those sorts of things following visits to potential schools. It's no knock on Mathis or others, it's just that we see it often.

But there's more to add to the visit this weekend.

From behind the scenes, I am told there is the feeling that the visit of the TCU transfer and Manor, Texas, native could not have gone much better. Texas and Mathis seem to strike a chord, and chief among the reasons is the presence of Texas' special assistant to the head coach, Gary Patterson.

The mutual respect and admiration between Mathis and Patterson is deep.

Patterson has a rep in the business of being a coach who is tough on his players while building strong bonds with many of them. And the relationship between Mathis and Patterson is clearly more than just surface level pleasantries. There's not only respect and belief between the two, but Mathis also saw success on the field which only reinforces the bond, something that can't be duplicated by any other suitor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Also, Patterson looks like he lives in a van down by the river. 

giphy.gif
A very nice van since he's still getting paid by froggy...and because he wasnt fired for cause I'm sure he kept all the real estate/oil lease perks they heaped on him over the years. That van is filled with the softest, fluffiest sweat towels the world has to offer.

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

So our defense won't be filled with pussies once he commits? Please Jesus make it so. Mathis, Finkley, Watts, Ford, Collins, Brooks/Jamison/Barron, all sounds like it should be competent. Offense will be 🔥

I think you can add Byron Murphy to that list. 

• Hook 'Em 2

No sunshine...me like

DJ Coleman

tackles 55, including 27 solo takedowns and 28 with assistance... led the defense in tackles for loss with 12 for -61 yards as well as sacks with 9 for 51 yards lost...led the OVC and was second in the nation in sacks... had a new career-high day against North Alabama on October 17 with nine tackles for the second time in his career, 2.5 tackles for loss, a sack for a loss of three yards and a quarterback hurry... also finished the year with three pass breakups, 14 quarterback hurries, and a forced fumble recovery

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/football/roster/dj-coleman/4876

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RollLeft said:

No sunshine...me like

DJ Coleman

tackles 55, including 27 solo takedowns and 28 with assistance... led the defense in tackles for loss with 12 for -61 yards as well as sacks with 9 for 51 yards lost...led the OVC and was second in the nation in sacks... had a new career-high day against North Alabama on October 17 with nine tackles for the second time in his career, 2.5 tackles for loss, a sack for a loss of three yards and a quarterback hurry... also finished the year with three pass breakups, 14 quarterback hurries, and a forced fumble recovery

https://jsugamecocksports.com/sports/football/roster/dj-coleman/4876

This is the kinda guy who woulda gotten like 55 sacks a season on my NCAA '14 Jack State dynasty

Edited by TotallyLegit
oh wait i'm thinking of south bama
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I sold my NCAA 14 for $90 last year and I regret it every day. That game was so fun.

I have 2 copies because for some unknown reason my 10 year old xbox just decides from time to time its tired of one of them and wont play it. Cant wait for the new game.

29 minutes ago, Ragde said:

I have 2 copies because for some unknown reason my 10 year old xbox just decides from time to time its tired of one of them and wont play it. Cant wait for the new game.

Only question I have is when it releases, will Arch or Ewers be the starting QB for my dynasty

Roach

— Texas already landed one impact wide receiver in the Transfer Portal with Isaiah Neyor, and they are kicking the tires on another. Arkansas State freshman wide receiver told 247Sports that Texas was one of the teams to reach out to him after entering the portal recently. Originally from Yazoo City (MS.), Rucker signed with the Red Wolves in the 2020 class and torched the competition last season with 59 catches for 816 yards and 9 touchdowns. I've been working on getting in contact with Rucker but haven't been able to reach him yet. Rucker has several offers including South Carolina, Auburn, Ole Miss, Texas State, Vanderbilt and Southern Miss. It's unclear how aggressive the Longhorns will be here, but there is an indication of interest.

Roach isn't a very good writer and doesn't actually put his full name in so: https://247sports.com/Player/Corey-Rucker-46085421/high-school-237109/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This guy and his dad can go eat a bag of dicks. He just cannot stop shitting on Texas. 

Yeah whether it’s true or not it’s a bad look for him to not take any responsibility for the team culture when he was in the program for four years and as the starting QB should’ve been the leader of the team. Point the finger at yourself, Casey. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Newy25 said:

This guy and his dad can go eat a bag of dicks. He just cannot stop shitting on Texas. 

Im pretty sure you generally have to be likable in order to land sponsorships. Maybe corn fertilizer companies can be a little less restrictive.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)