2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

when was the last time Cupp had a full, healthy season? ...didn't he get hurt again last year? if so, does this mean his last healthy year was as a Jr in HS in like 2017?

dude had 30 CAREER catches in high school, which has to be some kind of record for a guy who finished as the #53 composite player in the country. 247 had him as a 5*, #16 overall in the country

dude is just super snakebit. 3 years at A&M and ZERO catches? those idiots found a way to get Max Wright 3 catches last year, but not one for Cupp? lol

20 minutes ago, NoName said:

when was the last time Cupp had a full, healthy season? ...didn't he get hurt again last year? if so, does this mean his last healthy year was as a Jr in HS in like 2017?

dude had 30 CAREER catches in high school, which has to be some kind of record for a guy who finished as the #53 composite player in the country. 247 had him as a 5*, #16 overall in the country

dude is just super snakebit. 3 years at A&M and ZERO catches? those idiots found a way to get Max Wright 3 catches last year, but not one for Cupp? lol

Cupp's sports-reference page. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/baylor-cupp-1.html

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

so give him a participation ribbon?

my entire point from day 1 was he has had shit luck. he is literally the highest rated TE in Top247 history.

i thought he blew out his knee but turns out that must have been someone else? got rolled up on freshman year and broke his leg/ankle in that freak accident. 2020 separated his shoulder/broke his shoulder blade? and was out for the full season.

just snakebit. shit injuries.

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

sure, this isn't a guy with soft tissue injuries though - literally a freak broken leg and a separated shoulder are different than the stuff Whittington or Jake Smith has gone though

So his bones hate him instead of his muscles and ligaments, no thank you

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nope said:

So his bones hate him instead of his muscles and ligaments, no thank you

When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
Let it break 'cause you and I remain the same
When there ain't a crack in the foundation
Baby, I know any storm we're facing
Will blow right over while we stay put
The house don't fall when the bones are good

Call it dumb luck, but baby, you and I
Can't even mess it up although we both try
  • Like 1

SIAP - Suchomel is saying that Josh White will visit Baylor this weekend then TCU and Texas later. Possibly USC at some point. He also pointed out that all the schools have new coaching staff than his initial recruitment.

Some quick googling shows he signed to play for Aranda but did not enroll until after Aranda left for Baylor

1 hour ago, Bevo said:
When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
Let it break 'cause you and I remain the same
When there ain't a crack in the foundation
Baby, I know any storm we're facing
Will blow right over while we stay put
The house don't fall when the bones are good

Call it dumb luck, but baby, you and I
Can't even mess it up although we both try

God I hate that fucking song

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

If I may clarify, I believe what he meant is that Texas through it’s hat threw the ring meaning for, all intensive purposes we are, in poll position after Sark knocked it out of the stadium on his call with the respective prospect. 

I see what your saying.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Casey Washerman’s company should be able to overcome this on its own…

…that’s what they fucking do!

I started a thread on our board on this very thing.  How he can’t just set up a Bruin NIL division in 2 seconds is beyond me.  Put some young aspiring guy on it and see what he can do.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Which recent class has been the most non-diaster?

Fair. The 2020 class has Bijan and some other good pieces who were be in the two deep and see extended time this year. Honestly, the 2021 class has some promise with Coffey, Sanders, Connor, Murphy, Sorrell, Blackwell, Helm and Brooks. The 2019 class was a freaking disaster and set this program back multiple years. I can’t believe the attrition rate in that class, especially at key positions.

The theme in 2019, 2020 and 2021 was Herman was absolutely dreadful at getting impactful O-lineman, edge rushers and linebackers in here and most of the ones he did get flamed out quickly.

Edited by Hookem2147

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you care enough about the situation, it might be time to start shitting yourself about the Mathis recruitment. Probably not time, but in the words of the poet and scholar Marky Mark, “yo, it’s about that time!”

Goddamnit. We took him for granted, didn’t we?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If you care enough about the situation, it might be time to start shitting yourself about the Mathis recruitment. Probably not time, but in the words of the poet and scholar Marky Mark, “yo, it’s about that time!”

alright how much NIL are they throwing at him?  Nebraska trying to prove a point here?

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Gerry said today the hook is - if you can believe it - the former running backs coach at TCU who is now at Nebraska and whose name is Applewhite.  

Yeah im not buying that.  We've got the king frog himself here in Texas.  They must be trying to make a statement especially after what Casey said recently.

11 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Yeah im not buying that.  We've got the king frog himself here in Texas.  They must be trying to make a statement especially after what Casey said recently.

Well now is when we find out where Gary’s loyalties really lie?  Will he shit on his former coach like he used to do to us?

Edited by ClubWhatever

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Are we getting out bagged by Nebraska now, or does he actually have some god forsaken reason to be attracted to Nebraska of all places?

5 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I find it hard to believe we'd fumble a recruitment at the 1 yard line. So unlike this staff.

What other recruitments have been fumbled at the 1?

And I guess what makes the Mathis recruitment at the 1 yard line? All he’s done is announce a top 5 and taken an unofficial visit.

Edited by Hookem2147

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)