2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

closetojumping

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Waco getting added to the standard CenTex bachelorette party experience so they can go to that home renovation Disneyland thing has never not been incredibly weird to me. Waco fucking suuuuuuucks.

As long as I live, I'll never understand this. I've had colleagues at work visiting from out of state tell me they're going to go check out Waco for the weekend. What the fuck?

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

As long as I live, I'll never understand this. I've had colleagues at work visiting from out of state tell me they're going to go check out Waco for the weekend. What the fuck?

Cali female friends of the wife, same thing. Weekend in Waco to me seems like Weekend at Bernie's, but whatever.

On 2/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, Jabberwocky said:

Looking like not Texas: https://portal.rivals.com/news/transfer-tracker-ucla-lb-drawing-serious-interest

Potential landing spots: Agude saw immediate interest from a number of programs, including USC, Auburn, Texas Tech, Baylor, Penn State, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, Florida State, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington and Utah.

Earlier this morning, Inside Texas learned that Isaac Pearson's name had appeared in the portal as a grad transfer. That didn't make much sense unless he arrived in the states with a ton of hours so that he could graduate in one year.

Between creating the Tweet/story and getting more information from the portal, IT learned Pearson's application was already withdrawn. Minutes later, Ryan Bujcevski's name appeared in the portal as a grad transfer.

3 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

Why would Pearson's application be withdrawn and replaced by Bujcevski's?   Am I committing conjunction fallacy or red herring or false equivalence in thinking this is just mistake made by 9.95ers in naming who actually submitted an app?

Some functionary at the athletic department office probably mixed up his punters when he put in the paperwork.

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

Wait we get arguably the best long snapper out of high school and our Punter is transferring away?

government americans GIF

Not sure if you heard but we got some QB from SLC/OSU & we're never punting again. Instead of punter we're just auditioning for XP holder for the next 5-6 years

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Some functionary at the athletic department office probably mixed up his punters when he put in the paperwork.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/texas-football-transfer-portal-bujcevski-mistake/

As it would turn out, the Longhorns’ compliance office entered the wrong punter.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

Don’t know why you would use the male possessive pronoun and the male subject(ive) pronoun.

Seems kind of a stretch to even jokingly imply that a male made this mistake. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

His softness has nothing to do with a "hard conference." That's fucking stupid. Vanderbilt sucks ass. South Carolina sucks ass. Texas A&M sucks ass and forfeits games. Tennessee sucks ass. Auburn sucks ass. LSU sucks ass. Florida sucks ass.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, Big Woodrows said:

Jadon Haselwood @jadon_haselwood

Never understood how the OU fans call me soft when I literally joined the hardest conference in football 🤣🤣 and the toughest side tbh #SEC sorry not sorry

He blocked hard in 2021 but didn't really produce as a pass catcher. His catch rate was low (64%) on a good number of targets. In 2021, his TDs came vs Tech, Kansas, and Western Carolina (not a state!). 

He wasn't a burner coming out of high school (4.58 forty), and injuries have robbed him of athleticism. As a result, he struggled to get separation and win contested catches (including some memorable end zone drops). I saw a lot of people calling him a disappointment but not soft.

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

As much as we all like DMO, Jaylen Ford is probably the best LB on campus right now. Overshown Could find himself in an awkward spot without a stellar spring.

I think you might have missed the joke.  It would have been better if he'd included "flashing"  somehow in his Overshown-Cox   statement.

• Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2022 Transfer Thread - It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)