Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

32 minutes ago, royiv said:

There are a lot of reasons BYU was never previously invited to a major conference. The Big XII is about to FAAFO about what a pain in the ass they are to have as a conference mate.

What reasons other than no play on Sundays?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

What reasons other than no play on Sundays?

That's a big one, but in addition to that they had worn out their welcome in the MWC by being pricks in general. There's a reason the Pac 12 took Utah and the Big XII took TCU while BYU sat in the green room on conference draft night.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Which is....?

Because BYU is a pain in the ass to schedule around, they have an inflated sense of their value, they demand special treatment not afforded to other conference members and there's the little problem of them not being an legitimate academic university. It's like bringing Liberty University into your conference.

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, I'm still waiting on "reasons" - plural - other than BYU won't play on Sundays and "they're pricks" with no context.

I mean if you're cool with a school that is 99% one religion, 81% white and 1% black, cool. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

I'm calling BS here.
The CCG after playing a full round robin is moronic. It never should have been normalized and the little tornado guy is 100% correct that it's the same as a conference tourney after a full season.  Worse, in fact.  It's nothing but a money grab and disrespectful to the team that won it over the long haul.
Absolutely. The game shouldn't even exist, let alone determine the champion.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Without dragging this into a cloak room debate, a schools demographics don’t prove that they are a bad school. GTFO with that shit. They may be weird, they may have a ton of stuff we can poke at, but demographics is a strawman and you are a fucking twit for bringing that to a football board.

I was answering a question, fuckstick. 

• Fuck You 3

57 minutes ago, royiv said:

Uh, why the neg? You have a problem with diversity?

Get out of here with that bullshit. Take it to the Cloak Room. 

Just now, royiv said:

I should know better than to post on the football board. The biggest group of pussies and snowflakes on this site.

Why? Because we only want to talk football and not get dragged down into your political bullshit?  

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Refresh my memory.

How many UT fans were relocated from the temporary bleachers the last time we played on their campus @ Robertson Stadium?

4,150 fans. UT paid around $300k to reimburse the fans. Houston fucked their relationship with Texas over $300k.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, royiv said:

I should know better than to post on the football board. The biggest group of pussies and snowflakes on this site.

Says the guy throwing out negs left and right.

The appropriate quote here: If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Alright, I'll give this a try...

1. byu
  2. tech
  3. tcu
  4. okie lite
  5. kansas (basketball helps)
  6. cyclones
  7. k-state
  8. baylor  (yuck)
  9. cougar high (basketball helps)
  10. wvu
  11. cincy
  12. ucf
  1. tcu
  2. byu
  3. tech
  4. kansas
  5. okie lite
  6. cyclones
  7. rape
  8. kstate
  9. cincy
  10. wvu
  11. ucf
  12. cougar high

tcu made the playoffs - if they don't make it again they drop back to 3

• Like 1

6 hours ago, royiv said:

There are a lot of reasons BYU was never previously invited to a major conference. The Big XII is about to FAAFO about what a pain in the ass they are to have as a conference mate.

they are claiming the sunday problem is no longer..... we shall see

but it doesn't effect football, unless on the off chance they would protest a playoff berth on a sunday

i think they would all burn their triple-combos before they balked at a playoff game

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gernblansten said:

I'm generally on board with the majority of your takes, but that take is something you'd normally see out of aggy.

devil advocating for al4...  both the b1g and the sec are about to have the same problem: no divisions, top 2 teams go to atlanta

there will be rematches and bitching galore especially

what happens when 3 teams have 2 losses each in the league and:

A defeats B

B defeats C

C defeats A

they all have a loss against another league team that the other 2 did not play

A won at a neutral site

B won at home

C won at home

which 2 go to atlanta?

hmmmmm......  something about that scenario...... i just can't place it but it seems vaguely familiar

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Without dragging this into a cloak room debate, a schools demographics don’t prove that they are a bad school. GTFO with that shit. They may be weird, they may have a ton of stuff we can poke at, but demographics is a strawman and you are a fucking twit for bringing that to a football board.

What’s the deal with the magic underwear?

I’m sure there are some fascinating sociological, historical, philosophical, and theological lines of inquiry wrt Mormons. Neither their religion, nor Islam, nor Judaism is really what I come to this board to read, however. Sticking just to football and random blather, we should still have ample material.

thanks and hookem!

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

What’s the deal with the magic underwear?

garments, as well as the endowment ceremony, were copied from the scottish rite in the nauvoo era

there are/were symbols on garments meant to remind the wearer of certain things, like getting your throat slit if you transgress regarding your oaths, vows, and knowledge of the keys

Edited by Hagbard Celine
derp

46 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:
  1. tcu
  2. byu
  3. tech
  4. kansas
  5. okie lite
  6. cyclones
  7. rape
  8. kstate
  9. cincy
  10. wvu
  11. ucf
  12. cougar high

tcu made the playoffs - if they don't make it again they drop back to 3

Damn, that's some seriously mediocre schools. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

devil advocating for al4...  both the b1g and the sec are about to have the same problem: no divisions, top 2 teams go to atlanta

A defeats B

B defeats C

C defeats A

A won at a neutral site

B won at home

C won at home

which 2 go to atlanta?

hmmmmm......  something about that scenario...... i just can't place it but it seems vaguely familiar

There's definitely going to be butt hurt, rage, and arguing in the future.

Difference was in the 10 team Big 12, everyone played everyone and even if there was a record tie, like in 2014, one team (Baylor in that case) had head to head and was therefore the rightful champ.  It was a shame the league called TCU a co-champ that year, and not recognizing the winner of the regular season after 2016 was absurd too.  TCU is the one school that's been both unfairly rewarded and unfairly denied by this system, FWIW.

30 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Difference was in the 10 team Big 12, everyone played everyone and even if there was a record tie, like in 2014, one team (Baylor in that case) had head to head and was therefore the rightful champ.  It was a shame the league called TCU a co-champ that year, and not recognizing the winner of the regular season after 2016 was absurd too.  TCU is the one school that's been both unfairly rewarded and unfairly denied by this system, FWIW.

Absolutely.  In a ten team round robin, the regular season is what should count.  Head to head is tie breaker.

I wish all conferences were ten teams and played a round robin with no stupid championship game.  Best way to crown a champion.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Absolutely.  In a ten team round robin, the regular season is what should count.  Head to head is tie breaker.

I wish all conferences were ten teams and played a round robin with no stupid championship game.  Best way to crown a champion.

Money talks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

You're barking up my tree.  I'm a big fan of 8 conference with 9 teams.  Round robin winner goes to the playoffs.  Tons of latitude to schedule marquee non-con games, as those games become far less of a risk to a team's ability to win it all.

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Money talks. 

Yup.  We all know why the Big 12 has had a CCG and it has fuck all with determining who won the league.

10 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

A defeats B

B defeats C

C defeats A

A won at a neutral site

B won at home

C won at home

which 2 go to atlanta?

I’d like to solve the puzzle:

Asshat votes Texas fifth.   

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, royiv said:

Because BYU is a pain in the ass to schedule around

Other than no Sunday play, what are you talking about? You're "answers" remain vague.

they have an inflated sense of their value, they demand special treatment not afforded to other conference members and there's the little problem of them not being an legitimate academic university. It's like bringing Liberty University into your conference.

We demonstrably have all the markers of a P5 program (we enter the B12 (minus UT & OU) with the biggest stadium; we have a national following, our record against P5 programs is even or a little better than even; we have a national championship, heisman winner, doak walker winner, NPOY in hoops all in living memory; we have a consistently high ranking in the Director's Cup rankings (for 2022 we were #3, ahead of Ohio State, Texas, and Alabama); and I could go on. So, yeah we feel like we deserve to be in the P5 realm and do operate at a higher level than the teams in the MWC, WCC, and WAC. 

they demand special treatment not afforded to other conference members

Like what? You double counting no Sunday play?

there's the little problem of them not being an legitimate academic university

We're accredited and our grads are well recruited by top companies, so almost everyone else disagrees with this take. My BYU transcript was accepted when I went to grad school elsewhere. 

You seem bitter about something lol.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Crockett said:

Other than no Sunday play, what are you talking about? You're "answers" remain vague.

We demonstrably have all the markers of a P5 program (we enter the B12 (minus UT & OU) with the biggest stadium; we have a national following, our record against P5 programs is even or a little better than even; we have a national championship, heisman winner, doak walker winner, NPOY in hoops all in living memory; we have a consistently high ranking in the Director's Cup rankings (for 2022 we were #3, ahead of Ohio State, Texas, and Alabama); and I could go on. So, yeah we feel like we deserve to be in the P5 realm and do operate at a higher level than the teams in the MWC, WCC, and WAC. 

We're accredited and our grads are well recruited by top companies, so almost everyone else disagrees with this take. My BYU transcript was accepted when I went to grad school elsewhere. 

He's got to be a Yute.  They are the only ones I see this vitriolic towards BYU.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Crockett said:

I must be misremembering Texas winning the 2022 Director’s Cup.

Texas wins second Director’s Cup in a row in 2022

• Hook 'Em 5

19 minutes ago, Crockett said:

What?  BYU finished 29th in the 2021-2022 Director's Cup Rankings and 37th in the 2022-2023 Rankings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

You are telling us the b12 has had problems with determining a champion and engaging with fuckery about it?

• Rage+1 1

57 minutes ago, Crockett said:

everything you write i agree with the following comments

your graduates are employed by the brethren network which has an extremely high concentration in tech and the military intelligence and enforcement complex because of their programmatic 'training' in childhood; aggy has a network and employs aggy; that doesn't validate aggy academics

you DO NOT have a national following in football - quit saying that - it has been disproven repeatedly

• Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

everything you write i agree with the following comments

your graduates are employed by the brethren network which has an extremely high concentration in tech and the military intelligence and enforcement complex because of their programmatic 'training' in childhood; aggy has a network and employs aggy; that doesn't validate aggy academics

you DO NOT have a national following in football - quit saying that - it has been disproven repeatedly

I don't like most religious schools with BYU being a good example, but they do fit the profile of a Big XII school at this point athletics wise and the Sunday thing never seemed like a big deal since it doesn't affect the major sports (even with baseball Thurs.- Sat. isn't that big a deal). The "national following" line is just stupid and makes me surly, just isn't remotely true, especially since they are trying to compare it with Notre Dame. Their 1984 national championship claim is also so fucking weak when you see their schedule. OSU's bullshit 1945 claim has more merit than 1984. Regardless, I'm looking forward to making a road trip with some OSU friends for a baseball series to enjoy the views and outdoor activities.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Sure it's been posted a million times, but the solution is and always has been for BIG, SEC, ACC, and XII/PAC to each to to 20 teams in two divisions (the divisions can rotate if variety in opponents is desired, I proposed rotating five team "pods" for this purpose), division round robin winners play each other in defacto first round of playoff (gives legit meaning to the CCG since it's also a win and advance game), then the 4 champs are seeded in a playoff for the national title. Makes way too much sense to ever happen.