Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

8 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The underlying explanation for lopsided officiating against conference defectors proffered in that opinion column is the exact same factor that leads to brands and/or star players getting calls IN their favor. 

You’ll argue just to argue.   Next week the refs called 1 penalty for two yards against the rapists.  But yes everyone just plays clean games against Texas. 

also missed two huge and blatant holding calls vs tcu

Edited by closetohumping
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

You’ll argue just to argue.   Next week the refs called 1 penalty for two yards against the rapists.  But yes everyone just plays clean games against Texas

While Texas just happens to play the least clean games out of every school in the Big 12. Hmmm...

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Okie State said:
5 minutes ago, Deej said:
Your team will never know. 

Hard to believe with all the ref favoritism we get. Darn.

Maybe if you didn't shit the bed almost every single year against OU. But then again, your coach is a gaping vagina. 

17 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea Oklahoma is tenth on the athletic department revenue list I wouldn’t really call them broke….   They did just pay 50 million to leave a year early just like Texas.  Definitely more athletic depart revenue than the majority SEC schools. 

People who say things like this are just repeating media talking points and do not have a clear understanding of UT/OU’s agreement with the Big 12.

Oklahoma didn’t pay shit. The EXIT FEES was supposed to be more than $80 million  (2 year’s payout) and it was settled for $50 million.

Texas and Oklahoma didn’t pay anything extra to get out of the GOR and leave early. We SETTLED on paying $30 million less than the contractually upon amount.

The only thing that allowed us to leave early was changing the order of the home and home between Michigan and Texas (they now host first) other than that nothing was paid by the schools. (ESPN may have given the Big12 a more favorable TV deal and had to pay FOX some money but that’s still not UT/OU).

You’ll argue just to argue.   Next week the refs called 1 penalty for two yards against the rapists.  But yes everyone just plays clean games against Texas. 

The good news is you’re 12 short games away from being free of the monumental injustices inflicted upon you by the cackling cabal of evil at Big 12 HQ. I know it’s tough to be a Texas fan, but salvation is nigh. Your suffering will be over soon.
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

The good news is you’re 12 short games away from being free of the monumental injustices inflicted upon you by the cackling cabal of evil at Big 12 HQ. I know it’s tough to be a Texas fan, but salvation is nigh. Your suffering will be over soon.

Not soon enough.  You gonna leave the board since we’re no longer conference mates?  I’ll miss your 6 am tirades about how greedy we are

Not soon enough.  You gonna leave the board since we’re no longer conference mates?  I’ll miss your 6 am tirades about how greedy we are

Narrator: "He won't."

How many UT fans will be posting on Big 12 boards when we leave?

Just for fun I’d like point out in 2021 Baylor and OU combined for 3 penalties for 25 yards. And from what I recall any reviews went in their favor. That is odd for teams that trailed from minutes in until the 4th quarter.

Not reflected on the stat sheet was the play in which our defender pushed the poor OU WR out of bounds prior to him converting the 3rd down pass. Or the failure to review an incomplete pass that resulted in an immediate recovery by us.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Closetohumping and Deej are easily the two most gaping vaginas on this entire board. Constant bitching about...everything. Must be a blast to hangout with in real life.

Says the gaping vagina who comes to a Texas board to bitch about Texas. 

Y'all's act is old.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Closetohumping and Deej are easily the two most gaping vaginas on this entire board. Constant bitching about...everything. Must be a blast to hangout with in real life.i

I’m so hurt Cletus.  Now that Texas is gone it’s up to you and West Virginia to hold the fort down. Y’all got this!!!

I’m so hurt Cletus.  Now that Texas is gone it’s up to you and West Virginia to hold the fort down. Y’all got this!!!

Them holding the fort down will get them about $15 million the next renegotiation..

• Hook 'Em 1

Says the gaping vagina who comes to a Texas board to bitch about Texas. 
Y'all's act is old.
Such predictable responses by both of you. Carry on doing whatever it is you do.

2 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Such predictable responses by both of you. Carry on doing whatever it is you do.

Lulz. Fucking shit stirrer.

Your boards must suck as much as your football program for you to be posting here as much as you do. 

Edited by Deej

I can't imagine ever EVER going to another teams board and posting......maybe during game week. I couldnt tell you the name of another board outside of.....tiger droppings? Being an OSU or ISU poster and coming here and complaining is extremely pathetic. Dont dumb yourself down to them, dont argue with them, dont antagonize them. Let them know their worth by not engaging them. Acknowledging them opens the door to conversation and why on earth would you want to do that?

• Hook 'Em 2

Lulz. Fucking shit stirrer.
Your boards must suck as much as your football program for you to be posting here as much as you do. 
Post on our own board?  
I rarely ever post on your football board because it's the second worst board on Surly behind CR. The only reason I do on this thread is because it is literally about us as a Big 12 left behind. Makes you wonder why you're posting on a thread that has nothing to do with Texas? But keep up with that narrative as though you somehow own every thread on Surly.

There are actually a huge number of great posters on here with a huge number of interesting topics. Sorry you two are not either in that group.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okie State said:

I rarely ever post on your football board because it's the second worst board on Surly behind CR. The only reason I do on this thread is because it is literally about us as a Big 12 left behind. But keep up with that narrative as though you somehow own every thread on Surly.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Horn Dogg said:

What exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Apparently, he's here enough to know which boards he wants to avoid, but he still posts on one of them. He doesn't post in CR because he knows what would happen to him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I rarely ever post on your football board because it's the second worst board on Surly behind CR. The only reason I do on this thread is because it is literally about us as a Big 12 left behind. Makes you wonder why you're posting on a thread that has nothing to do with Texas? But keep up with that narrative as though you somehow own every thread on Surly.

There are actually a huge number of great posters on here with a huge number of interesting topics. Sorry you two are not either in that group.

You’re on a Texas board asking why we’re here?   

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Okie State said:
1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:
We don't want favoritism. We just want impartial officiating.
We haven't been getting that and if you can't see that you are either blind or stupid.

Where did I say you wanted ref favoritism?

Where did I say you said we wanted favoritism?

6 hours ago, Okie State said:

Exactly.  I don’t post in Texas threads.  I’m not here to antagonize Texas fans, and have no issue with the fanbase at large.  There are threads here about EVERYTHING with hundreds of posters that have fuck all to do with UT sports.  I’ll keep posting here as long as there are topics that pertain to my interests, that increase my knowledge on certain subjects, and provide entertaining debate.

There are a small handful of UT posters who are hypocritical cunts, and feel the need to act like gate keepers for the whole message board.  Dealing them with them is part of the spice of this board.

• Hook 'Em 5

Who will be the big dog in the new B12? The secret is that most of them, for varying reasons, believe they will be the”one”. 

The major conference goal will be to get two teams into the playoffs. There will be a lot of arguing about why a two or theee loss B12 team, with no marquee win (unless you count beating KSU as a marquess win) deserves to get into the playoff vs a two or three loss ACC team (spoiler- the CFP tankers won’t factor in that the B12 team has a much superior media contract). 

All the bitching about the LHN, and how it kept the B12 from monetizing tier 3 will be over. The B12 still won’t be able to monetize tier 3, because it isn’t really worth anything. 

Reality will hit when the ratings come in for the Thursday night game when 4-5 TCU hosts 6-3 Cincinnati, and goes up against a streaming NFL game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Big12 made the best chicken salad they could. I wouldn’t have hated it if we stayed (and UH/UC/UCF weren’t added), with the new name brand schools and travel destinations that don’t pose a serious threat in football. With the prospects of g5 relegation on the horizon, if I was an OSU or Tech fan I’d be very happy. If I was a UH fan, I’d be full boner going from CUSA or whatever to this new blended Big12/PAC12, but I’d also be too dumb to ponder alternate futures. 

• Haha 2

LOLz as if Texas acted with any sense of enlightenment by joining the Confederate  Conference.  They have a shit ton of money.  Thinking it's for any other reason that the networks told them what to do is just mental gymnastics.

The Big XII will be fine.  The SEC will be fine too.  All of this shit is about money and the business of football, not some fucking academic synergy with Texas fucking A&M.

Edited by slorch

Who will be the big dog in the new B12? The secret is that most of them, for varying reasons, believe they will be the”one”. 

The major conference goal will be to get two teams into the playoffs. There will be a lot of arguing about why a two or theee loss B12 team, with no marquee win (unless you count beating KSU as a marquess win) deserves to get into the playoff vs a two or three loss ACC team (spoiler- the CFP tankers won’t factor in that the B12 team has a much superior media contract). 

All the bitching about the LHN, and how it kept the B12 from monetizing tier 3 will be over. The B12 still won’t be able to monetize tier 3, because it isn’t really worth anything. 

Reality will hit when the ratings come in for the Thursday night game when 4-5 TCU hosts 6-3 Cincinnati, and goes up against a streaming NFL game. 

There won’t be a perennial big dog in the Big 12. Teams will rise up and have a big year or two, and then come down to the mean for awhile.

That’s what will make it watchable. The SEC and Big 10 make their dough on being able to have a big name matchup or two each week. The Big 12’a draw is “who is the story this year?”.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Exactly.  I don’t post in Texas threads.  I’m not here to antagonize Texas fans, and have no issue with the fanbase at large.  There are threads here about EVERYTHING with hundreds of posters that have fuck all to do with UT sports.  I’ll keep posting here as long as there are topics that pertain to my interests, that increase my knowledge on certain subjects, and provide entertaining debate.

There are a small handful of UT posters who are hypocritical cunts, and feel the need to act like gate keepers for the whole message board.  Dealing them with them is part of the spice of this board.

Cunts and gaping vaginas?  I’m not sure how I’m gonna move forward with my day.  Feel so emasculated.  

59 minutes ago, statsman said:

1.) That's probably something of a Tier 2 content IMO. Tier III is when Cincinatti hosts Buffalo or some other MAC jackoff. Or, Mackoff if you will. 

But if its a Thursday game, it'll be on TV and not ESPN+, the ocho - Big12 edition. They'll get higher ratings than what would likely be a streaming game burried on a Saturday.

That's content, brotha.

I'll watch it b/c

1.) NFL Thursday football sucks ass

2.) The alternative is an ACC matchup on Thursday.... which generally sucks ass

3.) The Big12 seems like a balanced, fun league that's going to have to really lean into offense to win games. Idk how exactly, but I have to figure that over time the league is going to go more and more wide open on offense as a way to try to compete against the likes of the SEC and B1G. 

Edited by Dnaguy

4 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

3.) The Big12 seems like a balanced, fun league that's going to have to really lean into offense to win games. Idk how exactly, but I have to figure that overtime the league is going to go more and more wide open on offense as a way to try to compete against the likes of the SEC and B1G.

The how is the same thing the league has done for the last 15 seasons - allow blatant holding. To be fair the rest of the country has tried to catch up and it's hurt the quality of play, imo. But the Big 12 will just have to take it even farther. 

Of course it's part of what hurt the league's national perception over that time for multiple reasons but that's a much longer discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 1