Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

32 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Wow, great put back followed by great defense from Bell. Who could have predicted on draft night that Bell would be here in late May, helping the Warriors as they try to win the Western Conference Finals? Oh that’s right, literally everyone! Way to go Bulls.

Kerr is playing Looney way too many minutes. Even without AI. 

No reason to go big unless Capela starts dominating inside. Bell gives them more versatility defensively and isn't a complete black hole on the offensive end. Swaggy P should be stealing more of Looney's minutes too with Green at the 5. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

What caused a 25-point swing between when I left at halftime and turned the game on a minute ago?

The Splash brothers went Smash...... Got on a shooting roll and that was all she wrote.  Really too bad because the effort and play by the Rockets in the first half was extremely impressive....

Edited by Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, 1leggedduck said:

I hate it when losers blame the officiating, but gotdamn, it looks like the NBA really wants this to go to 7 games.

No they don't. They want GS to win the series. You ain't seen nothing yet.  If the rockets want to win game 7 by 1 point with NBA refs, they'll need to play like a 20 point win with clean refs. 

Quit looking at the final score and saying "it can't be all refs."  In reality, the game went that way when 3 Rockets possessions in a row fast broke the other way after uncalled football tackles. After that it was a combo of a disheartened Rockets squad not giving enough effort and a GS squad tackling people because they knew they could get away with it. 

You can book a Lebron Curry final already, even though both are playing game 7 on the road. 

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Lulz at the refs deciding a 30 game.

Bullshit.  The refs intentionally fucked up the Rockets game until they gave up.  I could beat Jordan to 21 in 1 on 1 if they let me tackle him whenever he had the ball. Eventually, he would say fuck this and just let it end quickly. He would quit trying to score through the tackle after 5 or 6 times too. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 2

Paul is done for the series.   Biggest takeaway from tonight is Thompson regaining his stroke as Durant continues to look for his.

Golden State laying 6 now, on the road, in a game 7 at Houston?   Pass.    They probably win but both teams are worn out and drained so I wouldn't rule anything out.

I was playing cards and got involved in a hand right when the second half was starting. After finishing the hand, I look up to see GS had already cut the 10 point halftime lead to 2 pts in less than 2 minutes. That's all I needed to see to know GS was gonna boat race Houston

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Paul is done for the series.   Biggest takeaway from tonight is Thompson regaining his stroke as Durant continues to look for his.

Golden State laying 6 now, on the road, in a game 7 at Houston?   Pass.    They probably win but both teams are worn out and drained so I wouldn't rule anything out.

if the refs call game 7 down the middle, the rockets have a shot.  if harden and gordon drive and get hacked and then they call touch fouls on the other end of the court, the rockets are fucked.  

2 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Rockets are out of depth and need his 20 points.  Since Kyrie is out of course, this GS title comes with two ** 

50 minutes ago, Orca of Peace said:

Rockets are out of depth and need his 20 points.  Since Kyrie is out of course, this GS title comes with two ** 

The playoffs are a war of attrition. Always have been. The more 34 year olds like CP3 and Iggy and breakable guards like Kyrie and Steph you have on your roster, the harder it is to survive into June. There's hardly been a postseason in NBA history where injuries didn't factor in. In CP's case, sadly, the more surprising part was probably that he lasted this long, not that he got hurt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

No they don't. They want GS to win the series. You ain't seen nothing yet.  If the rockets want to win game 7 by 1 point with NBA refs, they'll need to play like a 20 point win with clean refs. 

Quit looking at the final score and saying "it can't be all refs."  In reality, the game went that way when 3 Rockets possessions in a row fast broke the other way after uncalled football tackles. After that it was a combo of a disheartened Rockets squad not giving enough effort and a GS squad tackling people because they knew they could get away with it. 

You can book a Lebron Curry final already, even though both are playing game 7 on the road. 

Lol. God what a pathetic take.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

The playoffs are a war of attrition. Always have been. The more 34 year olds like CP3 and Iggy and breakable guards like Kyrie and Steph you have on your roster, the harder it is to survive into June. There's hardly been a postseason in NBA history where injuries didn't factor in. In CP's case, sadly, the more surprising part was probably that he lasted this long, not that he got hurt.

I don't remember the Finals teams since 1980 having too many key injuries.  Bird Mchale Parish DJ Ainge vs. Magic Kareem Worthy Scott Rambis/AC Green Michael Cooper.. 1988 and 1989 were *.  Jordan years, each side had their stars, same with the 2 Rocket titles.  One could argue the lesser teams had injuries in those years but they would not have won the Conference even at full strength.  Of course this is the WCF and not the Finals, but is a special year where the 2 best are in the same. 

Durant goes 6-17 in an elimination game and they win by 29 points lol. That’s why you piggy back on the greatest team of all time right there. So performances like his last two get swept under the rug. I’m far from a rockets fan, and I’ve hated CP3 for most of his career, but please basketball gods, get this man to 80% health so we can see a team TKO the warriors. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Pretty much this.  I can't think of a champion in recent memory that didn't get help from other teams injuries

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

The Rockets scored 25 points in the second half. Sixteen in the third, and NINE, count em, nine total points in the fourth. Do not try and blame that on the officials.  

What he is saying is when a team ramps up their aggressiveness and the Refs swallow their whistles that is what starts the avalanche that happened last night. Just he didn't articulate it well. He is correct to a extent. A team shouldn't be able to get ultra aggressive defensively and not have the number of personal fouls go up as well, yet it happens time and time again in the NBA. Watching the game last night it was clear that GSW ramped up their defensive intensity in that 2nd qtr. However, GSW had 3 personal fouls in the 2nd qtr, the same amount they had in the first. Meanwhile Houston had 9 called in the first half. You can say it happens because a team plays at home, is the more desperate team so they play better, or whatever else. It does happen, and it seems to consistently happen in situations where a team like GSW is down in a series. Regardless, calls change how people play.

11 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

In reality, the game went that way when 3 Rockets possessions in a row fast broke the other way after uncalled football tackles.

I saw the same thing the other way at the end of game 4. Fans jump to refs to cry too fast (other than 2015 Texas vs. OSU).

• Like 1

When the official visibly counts to 4 but calls Cory Joseph for a 5-second violation, that’s getting screwed by the refs. When all you do is drive to the rim and yet KU shoots 39 FTs to your 7, that’s on the refs. When the refs sway the game by giving three bad calls in a row to the team that’s winning on the road (and in the 3Q, maybe early 4th?) that is not a case where the refs decided the game, and professional players will be the first ones to tell you that. Still plenty of time to regroup and take the game back at that point. It might have changed the momentum, but please don’t cling to that “the refs screwed us!!” idea for dear life. 

Game 7 is going to be interesting as shit, specifically because of KD’s play to this point. Despite the overbearing sentiment that GS is a lock to win, I see the game as a complete toss-up, and short of Houston coming out cold, putting their tail between their legs and quitting in the 1Q, this should be a very close game up until the final whistle. 

Back to KD though- he is going to try to win this game. He’s well-aware that his play has left much to be desired, and we all know that he wants to go out and show everybody that he’s still the man, and that GS wouldn’t be winning titles without him, and not vice versa. But he has to play well for that happen, and when he’s at his best he’s letting the game flow and come to him. He’s taking good shots, watching them fall, and gaining confidence. His ball movement is swift and effortless, and he makes the right decisions over and over. That’s what he looks like when he’s on. But he hasn’t been on, he’s been pressing. And you want to assume that James Harden is ready to have the game of his life for his own bevy of reasons, and that KD will want to “clap back” as these retarded kids say nowadays. It is going to be muy interesante to see how/if he’s able to keep himself in check. It could be the determining factor in the game, and ultimately in these playoffs.

SHouldn't those complaining about the refs screwing HOU also be complaining that the refs pretty much sealed the game with that "inadvertent whistle"" when it was pretty clearly a travel on Harden late in gm 5?   Or is it only an issue when it goes against HOU?

17 minutes ago, d2o said:

SHouldn't those complaining about the refs screwing HOU also be complaining that the refs pretty much sealed the game with that "inadvertent whistle"" when it was pretty clearly a travel on Harden late in gm 5?   Or is it only an issue when it goes against HOU?

I think you know the answer

30 minutes ago, d2o said:

SHouldn't those complaining about the refs screwing HOU also be complaining that the refs pretty much sealed the game with that "inadvertent whistle"" when it was pretty clearly a travel on Harden late in gm 5?   Or is it only an issue when it goes against HOU

The refs weren’t calling anything in the lane for Houston, not saying Golden State doesn’t win anyway. 

46 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah this hasn't been a great series for the refs either way. A lot of instances where a guy will get mugged driving to the basket and not get a call, then on the other end an offensive player will pretty much bulldoze his way into a defender and the defender will get called for a foul. Also a lot of BS foul calls on 3 point shots. 

The Rockets scored 25 points in the second half. Sixteen in the third, and NINE, count em, nine total points in the fourth. Do not try and blame that on the officials.  

That’s utterly profound. Like saying the Warriors won because they scored more points. At least you didn’t come back with they lost because KD was such a great human being

Sent from my cock to your mouth.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2