Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

image.png.340e0408a6d39e7cc9522942b64f932e.png

Um...you've had numerous highly ranked classes. You constantly talk about having the talent to win it all. You're obsessed with your #4 in the country talent rating. 

Maybe there's something to paying attention to character. Same guy:

image.png.966809406c48dff463633582d923da56.png

First sentence contradicts his earlier point. Hi-lighted portion is the kind of specious argument one expects on Texags. The only alternative to obsessively going after the top class without regard for character or roster balance is to abandon high-ranked players altogether. 

And maybe get past the Mississippi schools, Tennessee, App State, and a shitty Miami team before setting your sites on Georgia or Alabama. Or us.

50 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

"Hard to believe.  So I won't believe it."  should make its way into a thread title at some point.  Holy shit, it might actually be too on the nose.

Yeah for sure.

Also having the all hat #1 class paints a target on your back that everyone from Feshwater to Saban salivates over.

If you are creating an unbalanced roster with 20 DL. The rest of the 5 stars transfer. And some players are locker room cancers. Then yeah give me any Sark class any day.

15 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

image.thumb.png.6340ddac753f095b0b58a0e91dd54985.pngimage.thumb.png.77bb0694318dc70c5c73c70113d0cc69.pngimage.thumb.png.02cf9a1c2cd18b15a27ece02bf85e2f8.pngimage.thumb.png.dc5d05f97eaaba0ca0b39b5dba3092f2.png

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

"...to character assassinate any success that A&M would have in athletics."

1) Literally what success would that be?

2) Why would we need to use papers to diminish any kind of Aggie success when they already do a masterful job of that themselves?

3) Why the fuck would we use papers? What year do they think it?

4) Great and totally appropriate use of the phrase "character assassinate" and not all weird. You englished real good in that post. 

Edited by Park Gothic
5) Our shenanigans are cheeky and fun. Their shenanigans are cruel and tragic.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

"...to character assassinate any success that A&M would have in athletics."

1) Literally what success would that be?

2) Why would we need to use papers to diminish any kind of Aggie success when they already do a masterful job of that themselves?

3) Why the fuck would we use papers? What year do they think it?

4) Great and totally appropriate use of the phrase "character assassinate" and not all weird. You englished real good in that post. 

image.jpeg.3ae1eb084913cba766f1132ae2fd5795.jpeg

I don’t know man, recently the Ags found entire national and conference championships that the media didn’t even report at the time. Pretty suspicious. Think of what else they must be covering up!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, PTINS said:

"Hopefully any lessons learned since our move to the SEC in media relations will help mitigate it a bit ..."

Given the clusterf*ck w/ Stoops, the sneaking out at Duke in the middle of the night, the "welcoming" at the airport (prisoner exchanges have more excitement), and the news conference/pep rally, it doesn't appear they've learned that much. 

Right. Hell, two years ago they embarrassed themselves nationally with both the UT/OU news/"gentleman's agreement" and then Fisher's bragging about NIL then claiming they had none and going after Nick Saban on live tv. They never learn and they'll continue to pull the bookshelf on themselves accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Right. Hell, two years ago they embarrassed themselves nationally with both the UT/OU news/"gentleman's agreement" and then Fisher's bragging about NIL then claiming they had none and going after Nick Saban on live tv. They never learn and they'll continue to pull the bookshelf on themselves accordingly.

Learning those lessons would require them to fundamentally change their nature.  That stuff is literally who they are.

Aggy reminds me of clark griswold walking in the attic and hitting himself in the face with those boards. He doesn't learn his lesson and sits down on the damn attic door to watch that old tape. We are currently witnessing aggy sitting on that attic door, and mean ole Texas is fiddin to pull the rope on that attic door. 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Aggy reminds me of clark griswold walking in the attic and hitting himself in the face with those boards. He doesn't learn his lesson and sits down on the damn attic door to watch that old tape. We are currently witnessing aggy sitting on that attic door, and mean ole Texas is fiddin to pull the rope on that attic door. 

*finna

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Of course those complete ignoramuses don’t read.

My favorite part is that they say print media is dead, then go on to talk about internet and news, while generally ignoring the fact that pretty much every "print" media also posts all the articles and opinions online, interact through social media, article comments, etc. But yeah, The Houston Chronicle is print media, so it's dead. Fucking morons. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

My favorite part is that they say print media is dead, then go on to talk about internet and news, while generally ignoring the fact that pretty much every "print" media also posts all the articles and opinions online, interact through social media, article comments, etc. But yeah, The Houston Chronicle is print media, so it's dead. Fucking morons. 

Just the concept of them bemoaning the state of modern journalism teems with irony.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

Just the concept of them bemoaning the state of modern journalism teems with irony.

It's way too subtle for them to get it, but the funniest part to me is that they want a journalism school so they can train Aggie propagandists. 

Journalism is dead! Let's revive it by sending out homers!

Over on Texags

Ross Bjork recaps search that resulted in Texas A&M landing Mike Elko

Look at baseball and women's basketball. From a profile standpoint, hiring a football coach was similar. We wanted a high-profile sitting head coach.

Joni Taylor¹ and Jim Schlossnagle² did not have to leave their positions. Mike Elko³ did not have to leave Duke. All the coaches we talked to didn't have to leave, but they wanted to talk to Texas A&M. With the exception of Jamie Morrison and Brian Kortan, the head coaches we have hired have all been sitting head coaches.

It's a testament to A&M. You can have the best AD in the world, but you have to have the infrastructure that is Texas A&M. It's my job to package it and recruit coaches to come to A&M.

Let's take a look at Bjork and A&M's uncanny ability to hire three high level coaches.

¹  (Joni Taylor) She joined the University of Georgia staff in 2011, spending one season as an assistant coach, before being promoted to associate head coach. In April 2015, Coach Landers announced his retirement and gave full support for Taylor to replace him. She became only the second full-time head coach in program history.[1][2]

Taylor coached her team to a 21–10 record in her inaugural year, including five wins against ranked opponents and an invitation to the NCAA tournament, which earned her the Spalding Maggie Dixon Rookie Coach of the Year award.[3]

² (Jim Schlossnagle) He then served as the head coach of the UNLV Rebels (2002–2003) and the TCU Horned Frogs (2004–2021).

Schlossnagle has been named a National Coach of the Year by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association in 2010 and by Baseball America in 2016, and he has won 8 conference Coach of the Year awards in his 16-year head coaching career.[1]

³ (MIke Elko) On December 13, 2021, Elko was announced as head coach at Duke.[8] In his first season, the Blue Devils went 9–4 with a win in the Military Bowl. In 2023, Duke began the season with an upset 28–7 win over Clemson, and finished the regular season 7–5.

Pretty much all equal in terms of being sitting head coaches. As Bjork says, "It's a testament to A&M." I bet he thought this was really sharp, top drawer, and brilliant.

Oh, there's more. We all saw this coming:

Elko was at the top of our list from the beginning. We wanted to have several conversations with him. We talked about staff names. We talked timeline. That second convo, we knew he was ready, and his vision matched up.

Bjork is really full of himself:

I said from the beginning that this is not an 8-4 job. Does someone have the chops to do this job? We made a big decision to make a change, so with that comes a lot of pressure. Are they ready for that? All of those things go into it. Did we get it right? The reactions of players, recruiting, donors, fans and coaches matter.

Contrary to all appearances and accounts, he's absolutely correct.

Also, I don't think he gets the concept of having chops. I think he thinks it's the same thing as cojones. That is if he knows what cojones refers to.

Edited by RomaVicta

image.png.82efe5492188b740d176592e96543946.png

Yea, it's been a pretty rough year for tu and those sippies. 

If we don't make the playoff, I guess the whole season will have been a failure. And we hoped not to be an 8-4 program. Really sad.

spacer.png

Ha ha ha! Sippies all pissed off and crying while we're in our expensive facilities with Cap'n Elko!

I so hate it when they call us sippies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, nnm said:

I am not a UT alum or fan, but the “tsip” thing pisses me off. It comes from their false military institution image, that they were off fighting wars while UT students were sipping tea. 

600+ former Longhorns, including two dozen active Longhorn athletes, were killed during WWII. Every other school in the nation had students, faculty, and staff that died for their country in WWII. To derisively refer to UT, or anyone else, as tsips, spits on the grave of those that died.  The blood of aggy spilled in WWII is not more or less heroic than any other American. 

It’s stolen valor. And it’s disgusting. 

We have a stadium that is dedicated to all Texans who served in WWI.  It was later expanded to be a memorial for all wars, and narrowed to Alumni.   Their stadium is to accommodate dead dogs.  Everything about them is fraudulent, from their identity, their place in the world, and even their performance.  They once recorded a spring game as a victory on the season.   They put up banners for championships they never won, for games they were never in.    

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

image.png.82efe5492188b740d176592e96543946.png
Yea, it's been a pretty rough year for tu and those sippies. 
If we don't make the playoff, I guess the whole season will have been a failure. And we hoped not to be an 8-4 program. Really sad.
OceanGate-action.jpg

Ha ha ha! Sippies all pissed off and crying while we're in our expensive facilities with Cap'n Elko!

I so hate it when they call us sippies.

Hate it? It just makes them look weird to the world...as if they need any more help with that.

1 hour ago, nnm said:

I am not a UT alum or fan, but the “tsip” thing pisses me off. It comes from their false military institution image, that they were off fighting wars while UT students were sipping tea. 

600+ former Longhorns, including two dozen active Longhorn athletes, were killed during WWII. Every other school in the nation had students, faculty, and staff that died for their country in WWII. To derisively refer to UT, or anyone else, as tsips, spits on the grave of those that died.  The blood of aggy spilled in WWII is not more or less heroic than any other American. 

It’s stolen valor. And it’s disgusting. 

I'm not so sure enough aggy blood was spilled. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 11/26/2023 at 4:24 PM, sunset87 said:

Nah, that’s just classic Aggie. They are all about the nicknames. They probably have them for their turds.

We had "The Chief" and "The Marine" on the coaching side.  

Too many on the players side to count.   Mark "The Rifle" Farris is my personal favorite.