Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Here’s the deal said:

I felt like Sark inferred it when he spoke about the side of Saban that no one talks about.

You inferred it.

I inferred that Saban saw the human side of the guy he thought could help him win, not that Saban was doing it for charity or any other reason that he was getting a great offensive mind at a bargain price while others weren’t willing to take that chance. 

• Hook 'Em 3

That's a good story and all, but Saban doesn't speak much about succession. He's Hyman Roth and secretly believes that he's going to live forever. Unless you have a link where he's discussing it in an interview, that part of what you heard is likely bullshit. I have friends that have been at Bama longer than anyone else and they don't think he's got a clock ticking.
I also doubt Saban was thinking about retirement more than 3 years ago now, but I have seen some Gump fans put Sark on their wish shortlist for when the inevitable happens. The bad news for them is we don't have head corches poached...and if that does happen it will be with the blessing of the fanbase and AD.

image.thumb.jpeg.3de9776f2ff2e8be1213d813271cef79.jpeg
I'm seeing far less giant SEC stickers alongside aggy regalia on cars and trucks these days. Pretty sure in the Rumlin days every piece of aggy gear he wore for pressers and coaches on the recruiting trail had the SEC logo displayed. Contrast that with Sark's plain hoody that has a giant "TEXAS", small Nike swoosh and the BigXII logo on the sleeve where it isn't visible on tv.

I also feel like Sark is giving Saban way too much credit for saving his career.  While he probably did jump start Sark’s career when nobody else would, I’m guessing Saban didn’t do it because he’s got a big heart - he did it because he wants to win and knew Sark was a great offensive mind who could help his team win championships.  Now if he goes out and rescues Jimbo, I might change my mind.
Sark has been very open about the fact good offers weren't exactly rolling in at that time, not even from lower level programs. To be fair even Saban didn't hire him as OC right away, he had to do the analyst thing first, but the very fact the goat believed in him at a time when literally nobody else did is what brought Sark to where he is today. It's not like Saban spent a great deal of time rehabbing and mentoring him, but sometimes all people need is a foot in the door and they take care of the rest.

The fact Sark doesn't give himself more credit is due to the humbling effect of being publicly embarrassed at a high profile job. I remember the Shag roasting the shit out of him when the drunken athletic banquet video went viral, yet here we are years later. Life is strange sometimes, but that's what makes it interesting.
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Wonder if aggy will ever realize that their "practice squad" from this game will be the bulk of their roster next year. 

They seem to think there’s another roster returning next year.  You know, like all the Missouri valley and Midwest/rustbelt players they have been stacking.

There’s little doubt they will find some improvement over what they showed tonight among the incoming transfers, it would be hard not to.  They really just need help at QB, OL, DB, LB, TE, and receiver.   Add a little more depth at DL and they should be set.   

Coaching might improve but that’s still a big ? As the staff has yet to be assembled.   At this point the best they can hope for 2024 is to be competitive in most of their games as next years schedule is the easiest they will have for the foreseeable future.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ousux said:

I'm seeing far less giant SEC stickers alongside aggy regalia on cars and trucks these days. Pretty sure in the Rumlin days every piece of aggy gear he wore for pressers and coaches on the recruiting trail had the SEC logo displayed. Contrast that with Sark's plain hoody that has a giant "TEXAS", small Nike swoosh and the BigXII logo on the sleeve where it isn't visible on tv.emoji23.png

S E C

Where Gentlemen’s Agreements don’t mean shit!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, utee94 said:

Yeah it's amazing the shit those rubes will eat, when it's being shoveled into their mouths by their texags heroes.

If he knew about it 2 weeks ago, why didn't he remove him from the commitment list 2 weeks ago?

But those idoits will just eat it up and happily pay another $9.95 for more shit tossed down their gullets.

Stupid sip, it's $17 for premium bullshit on TexAgs. That's where the real no-bullshit is. 

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Best thing I saw here from today was those goobers decrying the cult of personality shit because the staff wore Elijah Robinson shirts.

You know, as they're busy ramping up the Elko cult of personality. Cults are what those idiots do and it's one of the things they can't stop themselves from doing that always bites them in the ass. The administration had no concerns whatsoever signing those ridiculous Jimbo Fisher contracts because they knew as soon as it was done those morons would start with the "Don't Care. Got Jimbo." shit.

The “Don’t Care. Got E-Rob.” Era was uncharacteristically short-lived, but it did happen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Meh. Aggy did ok in this game considering their available roster and staff.

At least they showed up, took their medicine, and reaped what they sowed with Jimbo.

I only wish we had been this "bad" when we played arky in this bowl under Charlie.

At least aggy has a new coach while we were stuck with Charlie for another 2 years.

Still fun though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2