Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

A little more:

image.png.0b87e721c47c0d9a4576a02e30ae8c50.png

image.png.121e46cd55d5cfb7a4a241320a089473.png

"These 3 stars will be much better than those 5 stars. Quantity will beat quality. That Jimbo sure was a lazy motherfucker. I can't believe he didn't work hard when we were smart enough to guarantee his full contract twice. I always knew he was going to be a bust. I think Billy Liucci knew it, too. WHOOP!"

They only lost three starters? I guess the guys they lost who were going to start in '24 don't count. Kind of like "all those years before I was born, except 1939 and 1984-1989).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

"These 3 stars will be much better than those 5 stars. Quantity will beat quality. That Jimbo sure was a lazy motherfucker. I can't believe he didn't work hard when we were smart enough to guarantee his full contract twice. I always knew he was going to be a bust. I think Billy Liucci knew it, too. WHOOP!"

They only lost three starters? I guess the guys they lost who were going to start in '24 don't count. Kind of like "all those years before I was born, except 1939 and 1984-1989).

"We only lost depth. Grow a pear. Relax."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/4/2024 at 1:47 PM, Focht Up said:

I love the "don't care who knows it" part.  Talk about false bravado. They went 8-4 that year.  But they were oozing confidence!

" " "Everyone oozes confidence until they get punched in the mouth.

- Joe Lewis"

- Mike Tyson"

- Tim Hartford"

- JBJ

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

texags before 2023 season: sip roster overrated, teams will be frothing at the mouth to beat tu on the way out, at least 5 or 6 possible losses on the schedule

texags after 2023 season: sips obviously had the best roster in conference, they had a joke of a schedule, anything less than undefeated is a sign that their coach sucked

Same as it ever was.  Simple rubes gonna simple rube.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

It’s so amazingly on brand that the most memorable season of their lifetimes is the shitshow COVID year. If only they could have essentially four bye weeks, 25% capacity crowds, and avoid playing Kiffin every year.

IMG_4143.thumb.jpeg.fa1217fc0f1cebb5df48db54cd4002e3.jpeg
Their own program with Sumlin and Kliff pretty much proved this theory is garbage back in 2012.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

I love the sudden new belief that you can't call plays as a HC and win in the SEC. Especially when Andy Reid just won the Super Bowl back to back doing it. They are desperately clinging to any measurement they can to prove that Sark is going to flame out here, when all signs are pointing the other direction. The same as when they were desperately clinging to any measurement, or just ignoring them completely, to prove that Jimbo was an elite coach until he wasn't. Now they are just praying that Sark is our Jimbo. Never change aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

It’s so amazingly on brand that the most memorable season of their lifetimes is the shitshow COVID year. If only they could have essentially four bye weeks, 25% capacity crowds, and avoid playing Kiffin every year.

IMG_4143.thumb.jpeg.fa1217fc0f1cebb5df48db54cd4002e3.jpeg
Their own program with Sumlin and Kliff pretty much proved this theory is garbage back in 2012.

Also, their SOS has been consistently below ours even with us being in the Big 12.  They just conveniently ignore that stat.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Can’t wait for the sips got lucky and arrived post real sec argument.

I think it's going to be sips got lucky they played Michigan post-Harbaugh + ESiPN didn't give them a real SEC schedule because they didn't play Tennesssee, Ole Miss or Bama. And then the usual "sips are actually 8-4 because they got lucky/bailed out by the refs and should have lost against x, y and z." If we go into the Georgia game undefeated one of them might actually Lee Harvey Oswald Sark 

• Hook 'Em 1

1. Jimbo didn't have a single 10-win season at A&M.

2. The last 10-win season for the Aggies was in 2012 under Sumlin. 

3. Facts 1 and 2 are especially pathetic in light of the fact that A&M plays 4 non-cons every season, with at least 1 FCS opponent as well as juggernauts like UMass and App State.

4. A&M lost to App State. 

5. The only teams on its regular schedule more talented than A&M are Bama and LSU. Aggie still consistently loses to less talented programs like the Mississippi schools and Auburn. And, of course, App State. 

6. Due to playing at least 10 P5 FBS schools ever season, Texas consistently has a higher SOS than A&M. Texas hasn't played an FCS school since 2006. 

Aggies are apparently unfamiliar with the concepts of "trend," "trajectory," and "lagging vs. leading indicators," which is odd for a school that prides itself on the sciences and math. For some reason it seems like our stupid liberal arts dildo university has a better grasp of statistics. Although I suspect that's largely because most TexAgs posters didn't actually attend any kind of college. Unless the schools of "life" and "hard knocks" recently became accredited institutions. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

texags before 2023 season: sip roster overrated, teams will be frothing at the mouth to beat tu on the way out, at least 5 or 6 possible losses on the schedule

texags after 2023 season: sips obviously had the best roster in conference, they had a joke of a schedule, anything less than undefeated is a sign that their coach sucked

God damn if this isn't accurate. Moving goal posts since 1939 about their boogeyman

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I love the sudden new belief that you can't call plays as a HC and win in the SEC. Especially when Andy Reid just won the Super Bowl back to back doing it. They are desperately clinging to any measurement they can to prove that Sark is going to flame out here, when all signs are pointing the other direction. The same as when they were desperately clinging to any measurement, or just ignoring them completely, to prove that Jimbo was an elite coach until he wasn't. Now they are just praying that Sark is our Jimbo. Never change aggy. 

Yeah, Andy Reid called plays and won back to back Super Bowls. Let us know when ol Andy calls plays and wins even one SEC Championship.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Also, their SOS has been consistently below ours even with us being in the Big 12.  They just conveniently ignore that stat.

Nah the Big XII was the easiest P5 schedule. Oh wait, aggy loses to the likes of KSU and OSU whenever they’re not too cowardly to play Big XII teams.

• Hook 'Em 2

Those dipshits downplaying a season where we:

• Finished in the Top 4 - they've done it only twice* in their history (includes bullshit Covid year)
  • Won 12 games - they've done it only once in their history
  • Won 10 games against P5 teams - they've done it only once in their history
  • Won the conference - they've done it only 16 times in their history
  • Beat a Top 5 team on the road - didn't look up how many times they've done that, but apparently the Bama team we beat is one of their worst teams in DECADES including the team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Saban's first year there.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

• Finished in the Top 4 - they've done it only twice* in their history (includes bullshit Covid year)
  • Beat a Top 5 team on the road - didn't look up how many times they've done that, but apparently the Bama team we beat is one of their worst teams in DECADES including the team that lost to Louisiana-Monroe in Saban's first year there.

They did not really finish top 4 in 2020.  The top 4 teams made the playoffs.  Their Orange Bowl win against UNC sitting their entire offense was nothing special.

We finished top 3 in 2023.  A&M has not finished in the top 3 since 1939.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

They did not really finish top 4 in 2020.  The top 4 teams made the playoffs.  Their Orange Bowl win against UNC sitting their entire offense was nothing special.

We finished top 3 in 2023.  A&M has not finished in the top 3 since 1939.

Haven't achieved an AP #1 ranking since 1957.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

That last part is my favorite cognitive dissonance. That "worst Bama team in decades" was able to dispatch all their SEC opponents including Georgia (and hapless aggy) with their only losses being to us and the eventual national champions. They also can't seem to agree on if we got an "easy" SEC schedule or the grind of the SEC will just chew us up next year. Some of them choose to believe both of those things are true at the same time, a special aggy skill.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3