Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The ability for their fanbase to get riled up over something like this always amazes me. They actually make more money out of this, yet they are constantly shadow boxing and playing the victim. Are they surprised that ESPN is giving us a settlement for LHN? That was reported from the very beginning. Unrealized money being moved around to avoid out of pocket payments is just how the sausage gets made in large financial deals. But don't let that cloud the fact that Bob Iger has been compromised and now wants to see Sip on every station in his arsenal at all times. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

More from Texags

image.png.15a001fc9dd310e16af2550db82baa5a.png

Yes, that's why we're the ones looking under our beds and telling everyone that A&M is the Great Satan, Destroyer of Conference, King of Media, and Very Homosexual!

Dildos, man! Dildos!

image.png.7cdc01370f083a8ae467ff7cdc6e809c.png

image.png.850e9c80ea8d32a4d7df55b7beef98ca.png

And it shows on the field and in the amount of national respect you generate. Truly remarkable all that A&M has achieved in this century that's nearly a quarter over.

image.png.253a871e77dbdc186047f799af4c3f45.png

image.png.9b7540a52eeec5761ec4669759353c26.png

tu launched their own network at huge cost to themselves and to the detriment of everybody; Disney is bailing the sips out and keeping them afloat. Why is this so hard to understand? 

Exactly how it happened. We should never have unilaterally launched our own network hoping it would make any money. How much did we lose on that deal again?

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

More from Texags

image.png.15a001fc9dd310e16af2550db82baa5a.png

Yes, that's why we're the ones looking under our beds and telling everyone that A&M is the Great Satan, Destroyer of Conference, King of Media, and Very Homosexual!

Dildos, man! Dildos!

image.png.7cdc01370f083a8ae467ff7cdc6e809c.png

image.png.850e9c80ea8d32a4d7df55b7beef98ca.png

And it shows on the field and in the amount of national respect you generate. Truly remarkable all that A&M has achieved in this century that's nearly a quarter over.

image.png.253a871e77dbdc186047f799af4c3f45.png

image.png.9b7540a52eeec5761ec4669759353c26.png

tu launched their own network at huge cost to themselves and to the detriment of everybody; Disney is bailing the sips out and keeping them afloat. Why is this so hard to understand? 

Exactly how it happened. We should never have unilaterally launched our own network hoping it would make any money. How much did we lose on that deal again?

It was such a loser that Disney paid us even more money than they contractually owed us. Oh, woe is us!

Bill Stupidman is an embarrassment to humanity. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/21/2024 at 1:42 PM, Vertigo said:

The ability for their fanbase to get riled up over something like this always amazes me

The have degrees from aggy, well...some of them. What do you expect?

On 3/22/2024 at 6:58 PM, Redneck Mutha said:

Reading all that, it's like they don't read contracts or understand how they work.

Happy Aggie Football GIF by Texas A&M University

holy hell that fucking gif will live in infamy forever.  it's great every single time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I they concocted that embarrassment (it's a series with those guys), after the Covid season when they were sure that they had arrived as a permanent fixture in the top 4. Their intense delusion that they are important and their insecurity-based desire to believe everybody is scared of them leads to the woefully misplaced arrogance displayed above.

It occurs to me that that commercial is what they want to believe the LHN was. It's a national TV embarrassment that hurt their image and likely cost them money.

LHN was a good product, Texas made money, and it wasn't generally profitable because as soon as the ink dried all three of our big 3 sports ceased being national contenders. There's no reason for anybody to be embarrassed by the LHN.

The above with their strange insistence on their greatness being followed by the pathetic "we're not weird" national campaign so perfectly sum them up.

• Hook 'Em 4

I don’t want to wade into the cesspool, but is Texags blaming their NCAA loss to Houston on the refs, despite Houston fouling out 4 of their starting 5?  Would be perfectly on brand. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nnm said:

I don’t want to wade into the cesspool, but is Texags blaming their NCAA loss to Houston on the refs, despite Houston fouling out 4 of their starting 5?  Would be perfectly on brand. 

No clue, but it wouldn't surprise me to see at least one "At least we lasted longer in the tournament than the sips" due to their having a later tip off. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

No clue, but it wouldn't surprise me to see at least one "At least we lasted longer in the tournament than the sips" due to their having a later tip off. 

well they got to overtime.  so technically they played more basketball in the tournament than we did.  banner to come. 

• Hook 'Em 1

(The full article (including the media "rules" stuff, plus some Q&A from the thread.)

Notes, observations from Texas A&M's third spring football practice of 2024 (defense)
Texas A&M held its third of 15 allotted spring football practices Tuesday on the two outdoor Coolidge Practice Fields.
Carter Karels (Aggie 247)

Spoiler

Notes, observations from Texas A&M's third spring football practice of 2024 (defense)
Texas A&M held its third of 15 allotted spring football practices Tuesday on the two outdoor Coolidge Practice Fields.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M held its third of 15 allotted spring football practices Tuesday on the two outdoor Coolidge Practice Fields. It marked the second practice that GigEm247 and other media members could partially watch this spring. The media members in attendance were permitted to observe, film video and take pictures for the first four periods (approximately 20-30 minutes) of practice before leaving.

Given the limited and controlled viewing window, along with the limitations on what the media is allowed to report, there were not a lot of major takeaways from the practice. Additionally, while the media watched, the Aggies were not put in any competitive settings like one-on-one drills, seven-on-seven work or 11-on-11 action. 

GigEm247 primarily observed the defense. Here are some notes and takeaways from the four media-observed periods.

Reminder: A&M head coach Mike Elko said in his pre-spring press conference last Thursday that six players will be out or "extremely limited" this spring: offensive linemen Kam Dewberry (undisclosed shoulder injury), Aki Ogunbiyi (undisclosed injury) and Bryce Foster (with the track and field team), defensive ends Shemar Turner (undisclosed injury) and Enai White (undisclosed lower-body injury), and tight end Donovan Green (torn ACL).

FIRST LOOK AT THE AGGIE DEFENSE
In his press conference last Thursday, Elko said he would mix up his lineups throughout the spring. He also said the media will not be able to figure out his depth chart. So instead of speculating on which unit is which, I am simply going to present how the defense lined up across multiple groups against air:

• Defensive ends Nic Scourton and Malick Sylla, defensive tackles Samu Taumanupepe and Jadon Scarlett, linebackers Alex Howard and Scooby Williams, nickel Jaydon Hill, cornerbacks Donovan Saunders and BJ Mayes, and safeties Bryce Anderson and Jarred Kerr.

• Defensive ends Shemar Stewart and Rylan Kennedy, defensive tackles Albert Regis and DJ Hicks, linebackers Taurean York and Daymion Sanford, cornerbacks Tyreek Chappell and Jayvon Thomas, and safeties Will Lee III and Marcus Ratcliffe (I did not see anyone lined up at nickel but might have missed it).

• Defensive ends Cashius Howell and Solomon Williams, defensive tackle Drew Beltran, linebackers Chantz Johnson, Martrell Harris Jr. and Jordan Lockhart, nickel Caleb Surber, cornerbacks Bravion Rogers and Dezz Ricks, safeties Will Lee III and Myles Davis.

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS THAT STOOD OUT
When players are not doing any competitive drills during media-observed practice windows, it is difficult for anyone to stand out that much. Plus, I spent most of the four periods focused on shooting video, so I did not get a good look of every defensive player (particularly the linebackers, who were on the far side of the field the whole time). 

However, Kansas State transfer Will Lee III working at safety struck me as an interesting development. He played cornerback for the Wildcats in 2023 and finished the season as their highest-graded defensive player on Pro Football Focus.

In December, I wrote a film study on the 6-foot-3, 185-pound Lee and came to the conclusion that he might be a better fit at safety. The length and overall physicality Lee brings would help him at that position. 

Whether Lee will stick at safety remains unclear. He could conceivably be back at cornerback in the next practice. But the Aggies could use another body there. They lost Jardin Gilbert to the NCAA Transfer Portal and are set to lose Jacoby Mathews for the same reason during the 15-day spring window.

Here is a nice rep from Lee in a wrap-up drill, which led to him receiving praise from defensive backs coach Ishmael Aristide. 

Scourton, Stewart and Ratcliffe were among other players who stood out from an eye test standpoint. Scourton (6-4, 280) and Stewart (6-6, 285) are monstrous-looking defensive ends who move exceptionally for their size. At 6-3, 210 pounds, Ratcliffe brings impressive length. He has a unique body type that reminds me of another player I once covered: former Notre Dame safety/current Baltimore Raven Kyle Hamilton. Crazy comparison, I know.

ONE COACH WHO STOOD OUT
In my first spring practice report last Friday, I wrote about how Elko and his coaching staff seemed to emphasize efficiency and discipline. If an A&M player did not line up correctly or quickly enough, he would usually hear about it in colorful terms from his coach.

Aristide epitomized that idea Tuesday. He seemed to bring the most energy among the defensive coaches and had his group working with a lot of pace. His drills moved fast, and he would not tolerate anyone who operated slowly. At one point, he made his group do up-downs for "walking" to a drill.

This clip below will give you a good idea of what Aristide's drills looked like. There is not much dead time like you might see in drills with some other position groups. 

While the group completed that drill, Davis and Kerr were among players who were criticized for ducking their heads too much. In another drill that tasked them with wrapping up a ball carrier in tight quarters, Anderson, Ratcliffe, Lee and Pride were among players who were told that they slowed down too early.

EFFORT! EFFORT! EFFORT!
This is a minor detail, but I found it interesting and do not remember it happening in the first practice. During one drill, the Aggies had someone (not sure who) use a PA system of sorts to give defensive players instant praise if they had great effort.

The drill began with the defensive players lining up for a play against air. When the ball was hiked, they would move toward the play for a tick before running full speed to the sideline. I cut one of my clips of it short, because I thought Stewart was about to sack me for a second:

When each defensive group ran off the field, another one would replace them. During that transition, you would hear the man on the PA system give his "Effort!" praise. It would sound like this: "Shemar Stewart, effort! Taurean York, effort! Marcus Ratcliffe, effort!" (At least, I seem to recall the PA person saying their names, but they might have said their numbers instead. Can't remember).

Unfortunately, I did not take note of all the "Effort!" players mentioned. Tracking which players ran with each group – and filming them – was enough to keep me busy. But I might have to start keeping an "Effort!" tracker.

image.thumb.png.dad94926e99ca4cc13a200a4c41d2063.png

image.thumb.png.7c171fcb52f62d56403ab27f725c6ae9.png

image.thumb.png.f2fa5ba2147d195705864385a9b54eac.png

image.thumb.png.a269baf437f85ae7401fdc15320c674a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Getafix said:

north korea korean GIF

Lulz.

image.thumb.png.c67bfec94cbb9a966e68db5d053c2a05.png

image.thumb.png.60d4800fbcf73dbc74cf7c9953fed220.png

Texas A&M Football is Fight Club. And Carter Karels is going to be disappeared.

Next: The Elk is going to serve runny eggs and burnt toast to William P. Loochie and Tater Hamm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The Elk is re-inventing football with his crack staff of ex-Florida guys. No hands will be tipped. 

spacer.png

High five. I got this. Lookin' sharp. Don't leave a brother hangin'.

He's already hanging...over the waistband of his pants.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Getafix said:

(The full article (including the media "rules" stuff, plus some Q&A from the thread.)

Hide contents

COLLEGE STATION, Texas – Texas A&M held its third of 15 allotted spring football practices Tuesday on the two outdoor Coolidge Practice Fields. It marked the second practice that GigEm247 and other media members could partially watch this spring. The media members in attendance were permitted to observe, film video and take pictures for the first four periods (approximately 20-30 minutes) of practice before leaving.

Given the limited and controlled viewing window, along with the limitations on what the media is allowed to report, there were not a lot of major takeaways from the practice. Additionally, while the media watched, the Aggies were not put in any competitive settings like one-on-one drills, seven-on-seven work or 11-on-11 action. 

GigEm247 primarily observed the defense. Here are some notes and takeaways from the four media-observed periods.

Reminder: A&M head coach Mike Elko said in his pre-spring press conference last Thursday that six players will be out or "extremely limited" this spring: offensive linemen Kam Dewberry (undisclosed shoulder injury), Aki Ogunbiyi (undisclosed injury) and Bryce Foster (with the track and field team), defensive ends Shemar Turner (undisclosed injury) and Enai White (undisclosed lower-body injury), and tight end Donovan Green (torn ACL).

FIRST LOOK AT THE AGGIE DEFENSE
In his press conference last Thursday, Elko said he would mix up his lineups throughout the spring. He also said the media will not be able to figure out his depth chart. So instead of speculating on which unit is which, I am simply going to present how the defense lined up across multiple groups against air:

• Defensive ends Nic Scourton and Malick Sylla, defensive tackles Samu Taumanupepe and Jadon Scarlett, linebackers Alex Howard and Scooby Williams, nickel Jaydon Hill, cornerbacks Donovan Saunders and BJ Mayes, and safeties Bryce Anderson and Jarred Kerr.

• Defensive ends Shemar Stewart and Rylan Kennedy, defensive tackles Albert Regis and DJ Hicks, linebackers Taurean York and Daymion Sanford, cornerbacks Tyreek Chappell and Jayvon Thomas, and safeties Will Lee III and Marcus Ratcliffe (I did not see anyone lined up at nickel but might have missed it).

• Defensive ends Cashius Howell and Solomon Williams, defensive tackle Drew Beltran, linebackers Chantz Johnson, Martrell Harris Jr. and Jordan Lockhart, nickel Caleb Surber, cornerbacks Bravion Rogers and Dezz Ricks, safeties Will Lee III and Myles Davis.

DEFENSIVE PLAYERS THAT STOOD OUT
When players are not doing any competitive drills during media-observed practice windows, it is difficult for anyone to stand out that much. Plus, I spent most of the four periods focused on shooting video, so I did not get a good look of every defensive player (particularly the linebackers, who were on the far side of the field the whole time). 

However, Kansas State transfer Will Lee III working at safety struck me as an interesting development. He played cornerback for the Wildcats in 2023 and finished the season as their highest-graded defensive player on Pro Football Focus.

In December, I wrote a film study on the 6-foot-3, 185-pound Lee and came to the conclusion that he might be a better fit at safety. The length and overall physicality Lee brings would help him at that position. 

Whether Lee will stick at safety remains unclear. He could conceivably be back at cornerback in the next practice. But the Aggies could use another body there. They lost Jardin Gilbert to the NCAA Transfer Portal and are set to lose Jacoby Mathews for the same reason during the 15-day spring window.

Here is a nice rep from Lee in a wrap-up drill, which led to him receiving praise from defensive backs coach Ishmael Aristide. 

Scourton, Stewart and Ratcliffe were among other players who stood out from an eye test standpoint. Scourton (6-4, 280) and Stewart (6-6, 285) are monstrous-looking defensive ends who move exceptionally for their size. At 6-3, 210 pounds, Ratcliffe brings impressive length. He has a unique body type that reminds me of another player I once covered: former Notre Dame safety/current Baltimore Raven Kyle Hamilton. Crazy comparison, I know.

ONE COACH WHO STOOD OUT
In my first spring practice report last Friday, I wrote about how Elko and his coaching staff seemed to emphasize efficiency and discipline. If an A&M player did not line up correctly or quickly enough, he would usually hear about it in colorful terms from his coach.

Aristide epitomized that idea Tuesday. He seemed to bring the most energy among the defensive coaches and had his group working with a lot of pace. His drills moved fast, and he would not tolerate anyone who operated slowly. At one point, he made his group do up-downs for "walking" to a drill.

This clip below will give you a good idea of what Aristide's drills looked like. There is not much dead time like you might see in drills with some other position groups. 

While the group completed that drill, Davis and Kerr were among players who were criticized for ducking their heads too much. In another drill that tasked them with wrapping up a ball carrier in tight quarters, Anderson, Ratcliffe, Lee and Pride were among players who were told that they slowed down too early.

EFFORT! EFFORT! EFFORT!
This is a minor detail, but I found it interesting and do not remember it happening in the first practice. During one drill, the Aggies had someone (not sure who) use a PA system of sorts to give defensive players instant praise if they had great effort.

The drill began with the defensive players lining up for a play against air. When the ball was hiked, they would move toward the play for a tick before running full speed to the sideline. I cut one of my clips of it short, because I thought Stewart was about to sack me for a second:

When each defensive group ran off the field, another one would replace them. During that transition, you would hear the man on the PA system give his "Effort!" praise. It would sound like this: "Shemar Stewart, effort! Taurean York, effort! Marcus Ratcliffe, effort!" (At least, I seem to recall the PA person saying their names, but they might have said their numbers instead. Can't remember).

Unfortunately, I did not take note of all the "Effort!" players mentioned. Tracking which players ran with each group – and filming them – was enough to keep me busy. But I might have to start keeping an "Effort!" tracker.

image.thumb.png.dad94926e99ca4cc13a200a4c41d2063.png

image.thumb.png.7c171fcb52f62d56403ab27f725c6ae9.png

image.thumb.png.f2fa5ba2147d195705864385a9b54eac.png

image.thumb.png.a269baf437f85ae7401fdc15320c674a.png

Constantly mixing up the OL should help them gel nicely,  lol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

That was truly the most worthless practice report I have ever read. 

Regardless, the word is that Gabriel Brownlow Dindy has packed up his bible and offering tray and headed towards the city limits. If so, that's another 5 star - out. 13 of 30 players from 2022 and counting. 

One thing Karels did provide was just a recitation of who was actually on campus and on the roster. I counted 9 guys that I would trade for someone on UT's roster as of right now. By that I mean, if I could have Shemar Stewart instead of Max Merrill, I would make that trade today.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Regardless, the word is that Gabriel Brownlow Dindy has packed up his bible and offering tray and headed towards the city limits. If so, that's another 5 star - out. 13 of 30 players from 2022 and counting. 

One thing Karels did provide was just a recitation of who was actually on campus and on the roster. I counted 9 guys that I would trade for someone on UT's roster as of right now. By that I mean, if I could have Shemar Stewart instead of Max Merrill, I would make that trade today.

Yep, sounds like he's checked out.

Screenshot_20240327_160058_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240327_160141_Chrome.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tejas60 said:

image.thumb.png.e5a4c53935f370999ed5a07e2f9423e0.png

followed by:

image.thumb.png.7f12e8c705e74cd77901933dab4b223f.png

so, he can't report who didn't practice, but he can ask Elko later about somebody missing practice and report it?

Elko is breaking it to the mouth breathers easy. 

Paying a ridiculous sum of money to a former coach is expensive. Those “rich” bitches are broke and can’t pay Dindy what he wants, I’d expect. 

16 hours ago, tejas60 said:

image.thumb.png.e5a4c53935f370999ed5a07e2f9423e0.png

followed by:

image.thumb.png.7f12e8c705e74cd77901933dab4b223f.png

so, he can't report who didn't practice, but he can ask Elko later about somebody missing practice and report it?

You can probably ask Vlad Putin if he's ever had anyone killed.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

22 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Shhhhh, it's all secret dude!

Off-season (as in non-football, yet no reports of a bike/motorcycle/car accident) injury 3 months ago still keeping him off the football field? Must be helping Dad pack up the Bibles and other religious literature.

Wonder if aggy simply burns down the church when they're gone?

15 minutes ago, ousux said:

Off-season (as in non-football, yet no reports of a bike/motorcycle/car accident) injury 3 months ago still keeping him off the football field? Must be helping Dad pack up the Bibles and other religious literature.

Wonder if aggy simply burns down the church when they're gone?

Well, they've had plenty of practice burning crosses over the years...

• Like 2