Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

48 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

This is my favorite: 

image.png.14e4d9d650c8589cfdc45e5d10e32ebc.png

Since aggy joined SEC in 2012,

• FLA as had Dan Mullen, Jim McElwain, and Boom as their HC.  And as many losing seasons as double digit win seasons.  Not exactly "at or near their peak"
  • Auburn. was 2 years removed from their title and went 3-9 in 2012.  They have 2 double digit win seasons and 3 losing seasons.  Peak?
  • Georgia.  They have played Georgia exactly 1 time.  In 11 years.  In the same conference.    Aggy played Vanderbilt 3x in the same time period. WTF?

Classic aggy - lower the bar and change the narrative.  "When we joined the SEC it was a LOS league and big boy football.  We weathered the storm of the greatest college football dynasties ever.   TU and Okie are joining a watered down league.  If they do good it will only because the SEC is weaker now. (unless they do bad, then it will be because TU and Okie are not used to the top to bottom meat grinder. )."  

If the NEW SEC of so easy, why did they have the worst record in decades with the highest rated classes in their history?

• Haha 8

On 12/25/2022 at 4:29 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Well everything turned out great and fun, even if it was regarded at times. Loaded up at Walmart Super Center and figured out why not start here. Things went well although some parents were s little apprehensive.  30 minutes later we were asked to leave as what we were doing was against store policy,  lol. So next, we figured we'd continue our attack at the Walmart Neighborhood Market. Being a smaller store with less customers we made it through with no problem.  Then we hit University Mall, which was nearly deserted and it went unencumbered. Then quick runs through Brookshire Bros. and Kroger. The candy canes went further than I expected because I guess a lot of parents left their children  at home so they could finish up last minute Chritmas shopping. 

It was a fun and satisfying experience,  but in a way kind of sad. I guess our world has gone so far downhill alot of people panic when approached with a gesture of good will, oh well.

Merry Christmas, we don't regret a thing.

Man, I'm sorry about your daughter. I didn't get to read if you mentioned it it's curable or not, but you have mine and my wife's love and support, brother. And thank you for handing out the candy canes. It's the little things that count the most, even if people don't realize it at the moment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/25/2022 at 6:40 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Definitely wouldn't hurt.  In every store we wound up with employees "shadowing" us to make sure we weren't up to no good.  Lol, with this innocent face? Cmon man!

If you would stop patting down every kid you see maybe they wouldn't shadow you. Did you ever think about that? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Ýes it is curable. Thank God.

The candy canes thing I think was as big a blessing for us as it was the kids, since it got our minds off things and brought joy and happiness to others. 

Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes. 

Man, I'm so happy to hear that it's curable. I hope you had a great Christmas, and glad you brought joy to others, my dude. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 4:14 PM, BornAndRaised said:

Quite the ballywho on TexAgs about Texas and OU to SEC in 2024. Incoming tears.

Hide contents

FlLYU_GXkAELtfQ?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYVfvWAAMOLiM?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYV8tXoAEHEeX?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYWYCX0AA9v5i?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYX9oXEAEE_T1?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYYhYX0AIxPTQ?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYZBPX0AE-4yX?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYZdDXwAARuRW?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYbVuXkAAs6QT?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYb0RWYAIQO-N?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYcPjXwAAjGMq?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYcu2XoAUO7aa?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYlx4XoAA3_eo?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYmUMWQAAWgbH?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYmy_X0AEszDB?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYnUOXEAEofZT?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYqHfWIAIyvWp?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYqmmXwAQ7AjT?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYrGxWYAIOSQp?format=jpg&name=largeFlLYrgkWQAYEC2Q?format=jpg&name=large

They keep bringing up Arkansas like it matters. Sark, even as stupid as he is, was a first year HC and no one knew the fucking playbook. What the fuck did those rubes expect to happen? I'm not saying our dumbass HC is the answer (he's not), but unlike those idiots we actually improved from year 1 to year 2. God damn their stupidity is just mind blowing. It's not like we have Jimbo "I'll crater two programs into the dirt" Fisher. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

They keep bringing up Arkansas like it matters. Sark, even as stupid as he is, was a first year HC and no one knew the fucking playbook. What the fuck did those rubes expect to happen? I'm not saying our dumbass HC is the answer (he's not), but unlike those idiots we actually improved from year 1 to year 2. God damn their stupidity is just mind blowing. It's not like we have Jimbo "I'll crater two programs into the dirt" Fisher. 

Lol, +rep for the "crater two programs" part...awesome 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Ýes it is curable. Thank God.

The candy canes thing I think was as big a blessing for us as it was the kids, since it got our minds off things and brought joy and happiness to others. 

Thanks for the kind thoughts and wishes. 

It's nice to be reminded of the pleasures of giving free of obligation. In my foulest moods, I've recovered best by just buying a random gift for someone near me. I just browse until I see something someone could use or like. It's usually something cheap; once it was a $7 watch for a teenage girl who kept losing watches. Two people brightened up.

I wish I thought of it more often.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Watching the Aggies # 1 recruiting class melt away like cotton candy in the rain has filled me with a great deal of schadenfreude.  And let's be honest: shadenfreude is the best kind of freude! 

I'm still holding out an impossible hope that someone like UGA, UTenn, or tOSU (Stroud has declared, right?) makes an offer Weigman can't refuse. I'm also disappointed in Bo Nix for coming back for what seems like his 8th year of eligibility because I think Oregon would have had one of the best shots to pull it off.

Not going to happen but we can dream

2 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

I'm still holding out an impossible hope that someone like UGA, UTenn, or tOSU (Stroud has declared, right?) makes an offer Weigman can't refuse. I'm also disappointed in Bo Nix for coming back for what seems like his 8th year of eligibility because I think Oregon would have had one of the best shots to pull it off.

Not going to happen but we can dream

Nah, it'll be more enjoyable to watch them run his dead carcass over with a bus over and over like they do every other QB who doesn't meet their ridiculous expectations.

*see Calzone and King for recent examples

Edited by Scholz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread