Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

and he does this all the time, not just once in a while, but all the fucking time.  

I like to think of it as his sock he’s executing. I mean, it’s his own way of marketing, manufacturing drama, click bait right. Right? And it’s a good control, to keep most posters in line and drinking the kool-aid! All the while not killing the monthly subscription.

But, on the other hand, it is an aggy, so!
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, General Specific said:

I like to think of it as his sock he’s executing. I mean, it’s his own way of marketing, manufacturing drama, click bait right. Right? And it’s a good control, to keep most posters in line and drinking the kool-aid! All the while not killing the monthly subscription.

But, on the other hand, it is an aggy, so!

I don't think Liucci would be able to own himself that hard even as a ruse.

His socks tell him how cool he looks in the hoodies.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Has anyone spotted a "Petrino has forgotten more about offense than you'll ever know" texags post?  That line has to be on the bingo card for this.

The true red asses are implying that the Petrino-doubters are callow and jejune.  Of course, they're using words they understand, but you catch my drift.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

df8.gif?resize=500%2C225reminded me of this: I'm going to be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender

The title of that song perfectly describes aggy. 

Spoiler
The Pretender

Jackson Browne

I'm going to rent myself a house
In the shade of the freeway
Gonna pack my lunch in the morning
And go to work each day
And when the evening rolls around
I'll go on home and lay my body down
And when the morning light comes streaming in
I'll get up and do it again, Amen
Say it again, Amen
I want to know what became of the changes
We waited for love to bring
Were they only the fitful dreams
Of some greater awakening?
I've been aware of the time going by
They say, in the end, it's the wink of an eye
When the morning light comes streaming in
You'll get up and do it again, Amen
Caught between the longing for love
And the struggle for the legal tender
Where the sirens sing and the church bells ring
And the junk man pounds his fender
Where the veterans dream of the fight
Fast asleep at the traffic light
And the children solemnly wait
For the ice cream vendor
Out into the cool of the evening
Strolls the pretender
He knows that all his hopes and dreams
Begin and end there
ah, the lovers as they run through the night
(Leaving nothing) leaving nothing but to choose off and fight
And tear at the world with all their might
While the ships bearing their dreams
Sail out of sight
I'm gonna find myself a girl
Who can show me what laughter means
And we'll fill in the missing colors
In each other's paint-by-number dreams
And then we'll put our dark glasses on
And we'll make love until our strength is gone
We'll get up and do it again
Get it up again
I'm gonna be a happy idiot
And struggle for the legal tender
Where the ads take aim and lay their claim
To the heart and the soul of the spender
And believe in whatever may lie
In those things that money can buy
Where true love could have been a contender
Are you there? Say a prayer for the pretender
Who started out so young and strong only to surrender
Say a prayer for the pretender
Are you there for the pretender?
Are you prepared for the pretender?

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 4

Olin. Oh, Olin.

Why I like the hire of Bobby Petrino as A&M's offensive coordinator

Seven more points. One more touchdown.

That would’ve been the difference in Texas A&M going 10-2 instead of 5-7 last season.

That’s why the hiring of a new offensive coordinator should be celebrated in College Station… regardless of identity.

That the identity is Bobby Petrino has opened up Texas A&M and head coach Jimbo Fisher for ridicule and scorn.

Frankly, that’s why I like the addition of Petrino.

Fisher knew Petrino’s hiring would be controversial. He knew hiring Petrino could elicit criticism from Paul Finebaum and other national media. Yet, he felt strongly enough about Petrino to make the move anyway.

Aggies should respect that. Too often, it seems, Aggies look to the media for approval and confirmation only to be met with double standards and dismissal.

Of course, national media will ridicule the Petrino hire. That’s what the media does when A&M is the subject.

That’s what the media did when A&M pursued Jimbo Fisher. That’s what the media did when Fisher angrily responded to Alabama coach Nick Saban’s unsubstantiated allegations about A&M buying recruits.

Petrino has given the media plenty of ammunition.

Yes, as offensive coordinator at Auburn, he conspired with boosters to take the head coach position away from Tommy Tuberville.

Yes, as head coach of the Atlanta Falcons, he quit before the season ended to take the head coach position at Arkansas.

Yes, at Arkansas, he was involved in an illicit affair with a staffer he had personally hired.

That was 11 years ago.

Petrino paid his penance just as Auburn coach Hugh Freeze, LSU coach Brian Kelly and Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin paid theirs.

Petrino can coach offense. He’s a brilliant play-caller. He’ll have more overall talent with which to work than he ever did at Arkansas or Louisville. In four years at Arkansas, Petrino never had a recruiting class ranked higher than 20th. In nine years (two stints) at Louisville, his highest-rated recruiting class was 23rd.

A long-time friend close to the Arkansas program called Petrino an “evil genius.”

The genius is his mind for game-planning offense and maximizing the talent on hand. The 

evil part is his personality.

Kirby Clarke, TexAgs

Petrino most recently crossed paths with Texas A&M at the 2015 Music City Bowl, and led by Lamar Jackson, his Louisville offense racked up 534 yards vs. the Aggies.

Petrino is as cuddly as a cactus and has the disposition of a copperhead. He doesn’t like recruiting. Spending time with prospects and their parents was a laborious part of the head coaching profession to him.

But the guy can coach. He can take decent players and create an explosive offense.

In 13 seasons at Arkansas and Louisville, nine of Petrino’s teams ranked among the nation’s top 17 in scoring. Ten of his teams averaged at least 31.2 points per game.

Imagine what Petrino could potentially do with emerging quarterback Conner Weigman, a receiving corps that may include Ainias Smith, Evan Stewart and Moose Muhammad, big-play running back prospect Rueben Owens‍ and a more experienced, healthier offensive line.

Last year, A&M averaged 22.8 points per game. With Petrino’s influence, the Aggies will score more. Maybe much more.

If that happens, the Aggies could/should be legitimate SEC championship contenders in 2023.

Petrino isn’t the politically correct hire. A&M’s rivals just hope he’s not the right hire.

image.png.4874cd713da688d04f0e3d4dc87e906b.png

Yes. Yes. Jimbo knew he always wanted Petrino as his first choice, so he doggedly made his decision up front, day one, from the git-go and stuck by it despite all the other options available and begging to come to College Station like all sane people do.

image.png.45d193d0b15980a040ae3e28f8c06a2d.png

Yes! Media mean to Mongo in game of life!

image.png.19bd969429c8ea58760dc2e8e5acdc01.png

1. spacer.png

2. Yes, what must follow is his stellar career at his most immediate prior job which is why he must obviously be sought by many prominent football programs!

image.png.48d1619ffc4406ecedfd70be6fa6a064.png

Or maybe not. But there's this:

image.png.5c0f01b28201b9ef1f04a92613d452f6.png

Big expectations! Championship season! E'erbody scared! All aboard the rollercoaster!

I might think that Owen lays it on a bit thick, but nobody has ever gone broke doing that with the Aggies. I'd say he's the heir apparent to Luicci when sad, lovesick Billy makes a pilgrimage to ascend mighty West Mount Houston and endeavor to contemplate away his grief that Johnny won't hang with him anymore.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, nnm said:

The title of that song perfectly describes aggy. 

Hide contents
The Pretender

Jackson Browne

I'm going to rent myself a house
In the shade of the freeway
Gonna pack my lunch in the morning
And go to work each day
And when the evening rolls around
I'll go on home and lay my body down
I'll get up and do it again, Amen
Say it again, Amen
I want to know what became of the changes
We waited for love to bring
Were they only the fitful dreams
Of some greater awakening?
I've been aware of the time going by
They say, in the end, it's the wink of an eye
When the morning light comes streaming in
You'll get up and do it again, Amen
Caught between the longing for love
And the struggle for the legal tender
Where the sirens sing and the church bells ring
And the junk man pounds his fender
Where the veterans dream of the fight
Fast asleep at the traffic light
And the children solemnly wait
For the ice cream vendor
Out into the cool of the evening
Strolls the pretender
He knows that all his hopes and dreams
Begin and end there
ah, the lovers as they run through the night
(Leaving nothing) leaving nothing but to choose off and fight
And tear at the world with all their might
While the ships bearing their dreams
Sail out of sight
I'm gonna find myself a girl
Who can show me what laughter means
And we'll fill in the missing colors
In each other's paint-by-number dreams
And then we'll put our dark glasses on
And we'll make love until our strength is gone
We'll get up and do it again
Get it up again
I'm gonna be a happy idiot
And struggle for the legal tender
Where the ads take aim and lay their claim
To the heart and the soul of the spender
And believe in whatever may lie
In those things that money can buy
Where true love could have been a contender
Are you there? Say a prayer for the pretender
Who started out so young and strong only to surrender
Are you prepared for the pretender?

Great song, too great to be wasted in reference to aggy.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Olin. Oh, Olin.

Yes. Yes. Jimbo knew he always wanted Petrino as his first choice, so he doggedly made his decision up front, day one, from the git-go and stuck by it despite all the other options available and begging to come to College Station like all sane people do.

1. spacer.png

2. Yes, what must follow is his stellar career at his most immediate prior job which is why he must obviously be sought by many prominent football programs!

Big expectations! Championship season! E'erbody scared! All aboard the rollercoaster!

I might think that Owen lays it on a bit thick, but nobody has ever gone broke doing that with the Aggies. I'd say he's the heir apparent to Luicci when sad, lovesick Billy makes a pilgrimage to ascend mighty West Mount Houston and endeavor to contemplate away his grief that Johnny won't hang with him anymore.

Roller Coaster Going Up GIF - Roller Coaster Going Up Kentucky Rumbler -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Olin. Oh, Olin.

1. spacer.png

When John Sharpe tells Olin to get on his knees, Olin just drops right down and starts suckin'.

Edited by Orange&White
  • Haha 3

I’m kind of wondering how losing their all everything RB makes them better.

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

That is supposedly push-ups. 

Putting one’s hands under one’s chest before commencing a mating ritual with the floor…

…is not how I was taught to do pushups.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Olin. Oh, Olin.

1. spacer.png

image.gif.fe1bfb4e37303c032ec24380e6e1504b.gif

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I’m kind of wondering how losing their all everything RB makes them better.

Putting one’s hands under one’s chest before commencing a mating ritual with the floor…

…is not how I was taught to do pushups.

We're gonna expect Texas to be better after losing Bijan and Rojo

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

We're gonna expect Texas to be better after losing Bijan and Rojo

Our RB room will not be as good next year, but if we can improve in run blocking our running game can be just as good.  How many times did Bijan turn a terribly blocked play from a -2 to a +4 yd gain. If we can reduce those plays we'll be fine

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 1:20 PM, BabaYaga said:

It's uncanny

giphy.gif

From what I understand, Fisher's son has some illness that shortened his stature and will lead to premature death.  In that case, Fisher is going a great job fleecing the aggy and providing for his son, and doing whatever makes the young man happy.   From being involved in his professional life to letting him make whatever fashion choices he wants.    I would back off on making fun of the kid.   Heck, I celebrate Jimbo Fisher and his coaching.   I hope he does well enough this year so they give him another extension and then mails it in for the remainder of his contract. 

• Hook 'Em 8

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread