Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

On 5/11/2018 at 10:09 AM, Scholz said:

It's usually best to under-promise and over-deliver but this is another way to go I guess.  I'm sure his objective fanbase will understand.

baggins has learned quickly.  the non-#1-or-#2 class he promised will be the fault of the recruits who lost their aggy offers because they looked around.

it's fucking brilliant.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 12:19 PM, TBGFL said:

And they still have him listed as 100% to FSU. I'm sure they don't update those often but that kid won't even get a look from FSU. Too small.

I feel for the kid though. Gets yanked out of a school and a city he's lived in for 11 years right before his senior year.

he's never going to work a day in his life, courtesy our tax dollars and the AUF.  fucks given, zed.

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

If dumbo is running a pro style offense, why is he offering so many dual threats quarterbacks? If I was being recruited by this midget, I would be concerned.

I enjoy running over Fisher and the aggies as much as they next guy, but let's be real about the pitch to dual-threat QBs. They can reference Jameis Winston and have all the credibility they need from their end, and it will resonate with some of these kinds of targets. 

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Say what you will about Aggy recruiting this year, if they dont get a "good" QB this cycle, that's gonna look bad for ol Jimbo. 

I'm good with that. 

He'll probably pull another James Foster out of his hat, let's be honest. Just needs to figure out his pricing strategy for the year.

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

They'll probably end up with someone like Zeno

Gunnell is perfect for Jimbo's offense, so that would be a big miss

Nah, Gunnell needs to play in a pure spread offense. He's about a fit for Jimbo's offense as Gilbert was for the redesigned Davis offense at Texas.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I enjoy running over Fisher and the aggies as much as they next guy, but let's be real about the pitch to dual-threat QBs. They can reference Jameis Winston and have all the credibility they need from their end, and it will resonate with some of these kinds of targets. 

Winston, in 27 college games, had 145 rushing attempts for 284 yards. So 2 yards per rush and 10 rushing yards per game.

I assume sacks are included in the totals, but it’s not like he took many sacks and any he did take would lower his actual rushes per game even further, but help his average. 

Tough to sell him as a dual threat when you see those numbers. 

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Winston, in 27 college games, had 145 rushing attempts for 284 yards. So 2 yards per rush and 10 rushing yards per game.

I assume sacks are included in the totals, but it’s not like he took many sacks and any he did take would lower his actual rushes per game even further, but help his average. 

Tough to sell him as a dual threat when you see those numbers. 

You seem to be confused. It appears that you think recruiting for 16/17/18 year old kids involves rational decision-making. I'm guessing in your mind there's some concept whereby coaches involved with the recruitment of a player are bound by honor, integrity, and truth and simply present facts unemotionally and without bias. The players and their parents, and I'm guessing you think it will undoubtedly be a two parent household in surburbia, will then calmly do their research, gather for multiple discussion sessions, and then robotically make their decision. 

Decisions are made on emotion and then rationalized with whatever facts the decisionmaker can find in the aftermath. That's true when buying toothpaste. Emotions go higher and logic goes lower when the stakes on the decision are ratcheted up. 

What you just postulated is pure fantasy. They're pushing their work with Jameis Winston and the college home of Johnny Manziel to any dual-threat QB who answers the phone, and it will ultimately work with one of them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't get why Jimbo wants dual threats who are questionable passers rather than polished passers who can get through the progressions and post snap reads in Jimbo's snail paced west coast offense

If there were ever a situation in which a coach could come in and experiment without any consequences, it's ol Jimbo and aggy.  

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You seem to be confused. It appears that you think recruiting for 16/17/18 year old kids involves rational decision-making. I'm guessing in your mind there's some concept whereby coaches involved with the recruitment of a player are bound by honor, integrity, and truth and simply present facts unemotionally and without bias. The players and their parents, and I'm guessing you think it will undoubtedly be a two parent household in surburbia, will then calmly do their research, gather for multiple discussion sessions, and then robotically make their decision. 

Decisions are made on emotion and then rationalized with whatever facts the decisionmaker can find in the aftermath. That's true when buying toothpaste. Emotions go higher and logic goes lower when the stakes on the decision are ratcheted up. 

What you just postulated is pure fantasy. They're pushing their work with Jameis Winston and the college home of Johnny Manziel to any dual-threat QB who answers the phone, and it will ultimately work with one of them.

Yep. Same with showing off the national championship ring. That pitch will win over some kids, even if it's not a high percentage.

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don't get why Jimbo wants dual threats who are questionable passers rather than polished passers who can get through the progressions and post snap reads in Jimbo's snail paced west coast offense

This is where I'm at. Jiimbo has had his most success with pocket passers, like Jameis. Even when he gets a dual threat QB, like EJ Manuel, he turns him into a pocket passer and doesn't utilize his legs much.  Jimbo's offense has to have a good pocket passer who can make reads/progression; the legs are just an unnecessary bonus. I'm not sure why he' so focused on dual threats now at aggy. Maybe that new Memphis OC is big on dual threats? Although it was Jimbo's offense all the time he was HC at FSU.  

• Like 1

Just now, Machinator said:

Only explanation I think can of is that Jimbo eventually plans on adapting his offense to the QBs found in abundance in-state.

I guess but unless he's gonna role out some pretty drastic changes to his offense that has remained largely the same for over a decade now, doesn't seem to be a very good idea, and he's sure not gonna role that out with ass my dude as the starter.

3 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

This is where I'm at. Jiimbo has had his most success with pocket passers, like Jameis. Even when he gets a dual threat QB, like EJ Manuel, he turns him into a pocket passer and doesn't utilize his legs much.  Jimbo's offense has to have a good pocket passer who can make reads/progression; the legs are just an unnecessary bonus. I'm not sure why he' so focused on dual threats now at aggy. Maybe that new Memphis OC is big on dual threats? Although it was Jimbo's offense all the time he was HC at FSU.  

When Jimbo was first hired, while I was concerned about A&M making recruiting more difficult for us in-state, I wasn't worried about them winning big in the least, mostly because I think Jimbo's offense is an absurdly dumb one to run in college, among other reasons. Then word started leaking out that they wanted to adopt a lot of Memphis' offensive principles, notably more read options, POP plays, and spread concepts in general. Then the spring practices and game came around and it was the same old same old, and I'm back to not being too concerned about them winning big. 

I can't believe Jimbo is potentially going to fuck up this Gunnell recruitment, it was an alley-oop. Of course, he couldn't finish an alley-oop with a ladder. 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

When Jimbo was first hired, while I was concerned about A&M making recruiting more difficult for us in-state, I wasn't worried about them winning big in the least, mostly because I think Jimbo's offense is an absurdly dumb one to run in college, among other reasons. Then word started leaking out that they wanted to adopt a lot of Memphis' offensive principles, notably more read options, POP plays, and spread concepts in general. Then the spring practices and game came around and it was the same old same old, and I'm back to not being too concerned about them winning big. 

I can't believe Jimbo is potentially going to fuck up this Gunnell recruitment, it was an alley-oop. Of course, he couldn't finish an alley-oop with a ladder. 

Yeah. Gunnell liked FSU and was huge on aggy. SHould be no way to lose him and now it looks like Jimbo is basically passing on him when he's a perfect fit for Jimbo's offense? Just insane.  A little strange that the top two schools in-state have not been all that interested in the top ranked QB in-state who is a top-100 guy. 

Also, regarding the whole Jimbo changing his offense. That is never going to happen. He's a control freak and set in his ways.  Every OC that goes there will be strictly a position coach that even gets micro-managed at that aspect of his job.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is what I have never understood about the appeal of aggy to your typical teenage football player. Their tweets and photos suggest a real adherence to the superficiality of 'cool', especially urban, hip-hop cool. Where does maintaining cool and being rational about being a winner in football lead any blue chipper to aggy? They have never been exceptional as a football program and everything about their school screams uncool.

Many moons ago when aggy was still a high-quality institution of higher learning, especially in engineering, I never once thought about going there. My family came from outside of Texas and I had no longstanding ties with any particular in-state school to bias me against aggy. I wasn't cool in any way shape or form (still ain't) and was very conscious about my future based on the school I was going to choose. But I would have even picked Tech over aggy just to avoid being aggy for the rest of my life, not to mention their fake army and milkman cheerleaders.  

Most recruits don't give a shit about the things message boards fans care about. In fact message boards pretty much overthink everything like most jilted lovers

"I want to go to a good school"

What fans hear: He's reading the college rankings and we should tell him my school is 20 places higher! 

What recruits probably mean: I will attend class

"I want to major in enginerring" 

What fans hear: OMG we have the best engineering program ever. How could he not choose us?

What recruits probably mean: (recruit has no idea that it's impossible to get an engineering degree while playing DI football"

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

This "woman" is going to need her own thread soon at this rate

Hide contents

DdfwztRUwAA0khF.jpg

This is the saddest attempt in the history of mankind to drum up subscribers. Hamm ought to be ashamed of himself. But I suppose to be a Toilet Smurf, one has to be devoid of shame.

20 minutes ago, ousux said:

Karen (who tf is Norman Johnson?) doesn't see a hobbit when she looks at Jimbo, she sees 75 million of these $.

Her dog's name is Norman, guessing her real name is Karen Johnson. I feel like I should hate myself for even looking into this.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Actually, Winston was a triple threat. On any given day he was a threat to run, to pass, and to women. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2018 at 8:52 AM, closetojumping said:

Arizona is probably the second best option behind Arky, so I’ll take it, but man would it have been fun to watch Arky Chad and Gunnell create aggy tears for years. 

On 5/18/2018 at 8:52 AM, closetojumping said:

lol @ anyone who think James was a dual threat QB.

On 5/18/2018 at 10:28 AM, closetojumping said:

And the answer should be Jameis ran for 2 yards a carry and 10 yards a game and the guys that coached Johnny are all gone to Arizona.