Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

13 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Sumlin's transition class: 16th

Sumlin's first real class: 9th

Sumlin's second real class: 5th

Fisher's transition class: 17th

Fisher's first real class: My guess from the get go is they finish between 6th and 10th. 

Fisher's second real class: No clue but it will be  tough to top Sumlin's '14 class that finished 5th. 

My prediction is that Fisher's recruiting is not much different than Sumlin's recruiting. That may change if Fisher wins but I bet 3 years in Sumlin and Fisher's recruiting looks almost identical from a recruiting ranking perspective. 

Sumlin's second real class also got a gigantic boost from the Manziel Heisman hype, new facilities, and the SEC move. And we were terrible at the time. Unless they shock with a really good season this year, I don't see that happening for them in the 2020 class especially if Herman gets things rolling here.

That said, I know it's easy to bag on them for filling up on bread and I know their elf coach promised a top 1 or 2 class, but a top 6-10 finish is nothing to sneeze at. They are doing well this cycle. 

The aggy offensive line sucks as bad as their linebackers and defensive backs.  If Shepherd was to commit to them, then he would see action as a true freshman due to necessity.  Those dipshits don’t understand that they seem to be in a similar situation to us during Strong’s early years.  

They need him to contribute much sooner than we will.  If he has his eyes set on a career in the NFL and proper time for development, he will most certainly sign with Texas.  A man of his stature will be a beast with the proper conditioning and diet that all major college football programs will provide.  I feel we have a much better chance to mold that body and psychology for an entire year before demanding him to produce prematurely.  Aggy on the other cannot wait.  They are making excuses already for losing him to Texas.  

10 minutes ago, Orange^White said:

It's like a self fulfilling prophecy for them.

They start trash talking a recruit when things aren't going there way, which in turn leads to the recruit souring on the school because of the shitty fans.

I hope they never learn, and it seems like they never will.

I mean seriously, is there a more idiotic fanbase out there?  For any sport in any walk of life in any part of the world?  Just flat out full blown fucking morons.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

The aggy offensive line sucks as bad as their linebackers and defensive backs. 

Don't agree.  The only reason they didn't totally implode last season was they were able to protect Ass My Dude and then Mond long enough for them to throw it to Kirk.  Their running game was inconsistent but part of the problem was their dumb OC went away from it in the second halves of games.  I think most of those OL's come back.  The situation in the back 7 is much more dire.

8 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I mean seriously, is there a more idiotic fanbase out there?  For any sport in any walk of life in any part of the world?  Just flat out full blown fucking morons.

Even their best and brightest get lost trying to figure out how to make plug & play internet work in Vancouver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

Don't agree.  The only reason they didn't totally implode last season was they were able to protect Ass My Dude and then Mond long enough for them to throw it to Kirk.  Their running game was inconsistent but part of the problem was their dumb OC went away from it in the second halves of games.  I think most of those OL's come back.  The situation in the back 7 is much more dire.

They did lose DCTF's preseason #1 left tackle 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’ll concede that their back seven is shitty.  Their tackling was atrocious during the spring game.  I really didn’t focus on the offensive line so much, but the d line didn’t consistently penetrate into the backfield.  

Come to think of it, their tightend play was bout the only true consistent bright spot.  The best play overall has to be Johnny douche nozzle running the missed field goal attempt back.  It’s  only fitting that the 12th man couldn’t wrap him up either.

48 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

aggy seems to overlook the fact that they hired the same SC coach who produced Orlando Brown. Worst combine performance in the history of the event.

This is one of my favorite but oft ignored little gems since their coaching transition, and honestly I'm amazed that it's not brought up more often than it has been, by me and others.

They talk about big bad SEC football, and how shitty the Big 12 is, but they went and hired a S&C coach from the fucking Big 12. And they proclaim him big time despite the fact that OU has generally been thrown around like a fucking rag doll defensively the last 5-6 years, and their offensive combine players aren't exactly lighting shit up either. It's myopia and cognitive dissonance at its fucking finest. But their last S&C coordinator with SEC EXPERIENCE was so good he lasted a year with no results and Jimbo had zero desire to retain him. Fuck me, it's unbelievable. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Sumlin's second real class also got a gigantic boost from the Manziel Heisman hype, new facilities, and the SEC move. And we were terrible at the time. Unless they shock with a really good season this year, I don't see that happening for them in the 2020 class especially if Herman gets things rolling here.

That said, I know it's easy to bag on them for filling up on bread and I know their elf coach promised a top 1 or 2 class, but a top 6-10 finish is nothing to sneeze at. They are doing well this cycle. 

i think the real question, as always, is in evaluations. that 2013 class ended up being weirdly terrible for pretty much everybody in the region, but can jimbo's staff consistently recruit top 10 quality without nearly the attrition and misses sumlin had? obviously as a fan I'm hoping so, but it's also the only way his offense is going to work. 

28 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i think the real question, as always, is in evaluations. that 2013 class ended up being weirdly terrible for pretty much everybody in the region, but can jimbo's staff consistently recruit top 10 quality without nearly the attrition and misses sumlin had? obviously as a fan I'm hoping so, but it's also the only way his offense is going to work. 

His OL was dogshit for pretty much his entire tenure at FSU.

The Jimbo myth is a great one. 56-22 without the rapist under center. One other conference championship over a 7-7 GT squad.

In his 7 bowl games, he hasn't actually been outscored, 186-201. Both his losses were by 14+ points, while he only managed that feat once over Northern Illinois.

12 minutes ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

"No worries. Just shows the kid does not have good reasoning abilities."

Quite the contrary, good sir. He'll be able to watch the annual aggy roller coaster dip from afar, while getting sauced up with Rummy blowjobs from hot arizona co-eds.

One of those things is better than the other, my good man.

• Like 1

Damon Sayles: Aggies well represented in latest Top247 player rankings

Jimbo Fisher pretty much guaranteed a top-five 2019 class during a national signing day press conference in February. That's looking more and more like a reality, and the revised Top247 player rankings support his claim. Three Aggie commits are in the top 50 of the revised rankings, which were released Thursday afternoon. Of the 21 total commits, five are in the top 100, and eight are in the top 200.

Atascocita offensive tackle Kenyon Green made a significant jump to No. 27 in the rankings. He climbed 23 spots from the previous rankings and is the Aggies' top-ranked pledge. Green was at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Academy earlier this week in Canton, Ohio, and he spoke about the dynamic of the program, as well as the noticeable change in how things are with the players on the field and in the locker room. "They're trying to build a championship," Green said.

Converse Judson defensive lineman DeMarvin Leal sits at No. 43 now, falling five spots but still holding the title of Texas A&M's highest-ranked defensive commit. The safety tandem of Waxahachie's Demani Richardson and Dallas Bishop Dunne's Brian Williams are ranked Nos. 75 and 76, respectively. Richardson saw a major spike in his ranking, rising all the way from No. 193. He was impressive in his play at The Opening. Williams dropped to No. 76 after being No. 34 in the previous ranking.

Perhaps the most notable changes in the Top247 involve two athletes who once were unranked. Brock tight end Baylor Cupp is now No. 49 in the country, and Fort Bend Bush cornerback Erick Young is now No. 183. Cupp has had a breakout spring and summer, and he's emerged into one of the nation's premier tight ends at 6-foot-6 and 235 pounds. Young arguably was the most impactful cornerback at The Opening, and his 6-foot, 206-pound frame caught the attention of many recruiting analysts in Frisco, Texas.

Much is expected from Texas A&M's defense in the next couple of years. Leal, Richardson, Williams and Young all are top-200 players, as are Houston Madison cornerback Bobby Wolfe and Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, linebacker Andre White Jr. Wolfe remained at No. 151, and White rose one spot from No. 195 to No. 194.

The Aggies have the nation's No. 2 recruiting class, according to 247Sports' recruiting composite team rankings. The chase for No. 1 Alabama would be even more exciting if the Aggies can land a couple targets who saw significant bumps in their Top247 rankings. Among those are Mansfield Legacy cornerback Jeffery Carter and Auburn, Alabama, linebacker Mohamoud Diabate. Carter rose 16 spots from No. 41 to No. 25. Diabate made a jump from No. 81 to No. 56. Both players showed their skills and made impacts at The Opening.

Another Texas A&M target, Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling, rose two spots from No. 187 to No. 185. Houston North Forest offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd, who Texas A&M is in a recruiting battle with Texas over, rose slightly from No. 175 to No. 173. Largo, Florida, defensive tackle Jaquaze Sorrells, another player with high Texas A&M interest, slipped two spots in the Top247 from No. 127 to No. 129.