Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

Damon Sayles: VIP recruiting notes before the A&M-Kentucky game

Some quick recruiting notes before tonight's Texas A&M-Kentucky game.

-- Cedar Hill Trinity Christian 2020 cornerback Dwight McGlothern considered himself a maybe all week long for tonight's game. He confirmed with GigEm247 early Saturday that he is making the trip to College Station. That's a big deal for the Aggies, considering the Texas-Oklahoma Red River Showdown is minutes away from his residence. McGlothern said he's looking forward to seeing how the defense plays against Kentucky's respected offensive attack. Let's never forget that McGlothern was on the Texas A&M campus for most of July hanging out with and training with Aggie freshman safeties Jordan Moore and Leon O'Neal Jr. While he's expressed interest in both Texas and Alabama, Texas A&M has to be considered a favorite from his summer excursions alone.

-- Sources close to the situation say the two Florida athletes in town on an official visit -- 3-star Aggie linebacker commit Tarian Lee Jr. and 4-star Florida State defensive lineman commit Derick Hunter -- are in town and enjoying the experience around campus so far. With the game scheduled for a 6 p.m. kickoff, I expect everything to intensify regarding the atmosphere in College Station. For Lee, he's been a Texas A&M commit since June 9. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound athlete committed to the Aggies over Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers and others. He is hoping a productive official visit will cap a great week that included him accepting his ceremonial Under Armour All-American jersey on Thursday. Hunter on campus makes for an intriguing storyline. He's a 6-foot-5, 285-pound lineman who can play defensive end or defensive tackle, and while he's committed to the Seminoles, he's always been a fan of Jimbo Fisher and running backs coach Jay Graham, who have recruited him since he was a freshman in high school. Can the Aggies do enough to flip him -- particularly with Florida State struggling on the field this season? And if a flip does happen, then how do the dominoes stack for Texas A&M's 2019 class? The Aggies have 25 players committed with three spots remaining. There are six or names to consider for those final three spots.

-- Two of those players in the hunt for the final three 2019 spots are 4-star defensive end Marcus Stripling and 3-star athlete Ainias Smith. Both will be at Kyle Field tonight. Stripling has said multiple times that he will take his time with his process, and he's long thought to have a spot in the class. He's got schools like Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas in the mix, but the Aggies feel strongly about where they are with his recruiting process. Smith is someone who sometimes goes overlooked with the class, but he's so dangerous as a two-way standout that he deserves to be discussed. Smith can play cornerback or wide receiver at the next level, and he also has the ability to be an electric punt returner or kickoff returner.

-- There will be a few athletes not in attendance but will be paying attention to what the Aggies do against Kentucky. Defensive back pledge Brian Williams was in Houston last night for a game against receiver pledge Chase Lane and St. Pius X, and the 4-star safety didn't get home until early Saturday morning. He said he won't be attending and will rest his body. The two Mississippi targets, 2019 5-star linebacker Nakobe Dean and 2020 4-star defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson, also said they'll be watching the Aggies. Dean was supposed to be in College Station this weekend for an official visit, but a mandatory team meeting for the upcoming Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game was scheduled for this weekend. Jackson said he wanted to be in College Station, but he had a game that finished late.

-- A name to watch for the future is Jalen Kimber. The 2020 cornerback has Texas A&M high on his radar, and he said he plans on returning to Kyle Field later this season. While a trip for the Kentucky game wasn't in his cards, a trip for the LSU game, he said, is in his plans.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: VIP recruiting notes before the A&M-Kentucky game

Reveal hidden contents

Some quick recruiting notes before tonight's Texas A&M-Kentucky game.

-- Cedar Hill Trinity Christian 2020 cornerback Dwight McGlothern considered himself a maybe all week long for tonight's game. He confirmed with GigEm247 early Saturday that he is making the trip to College Station. That's a big deal for the Aggies, considering the Texas-Oklahoma Red River Showdown is minutes away from his residence. McGlothern said he's looking forward to seeing how the defense plays against Kentucky's respected offensive attack. Let's never forget that McGlothern was on the Texas A&M campus for most of July hanging out with and training with Aggie freshman safeties Jordan Moore and Leon O'Neal Jr. While he's expressed interest in both Texas and Alabama, Texas A&M has to be considered a favorite from his summer excursions alone.

-- Sources close to the situation say the two Florida athletes in town on an official visit -- 3-star Aggie linebacker commit Tarian Lee Jr. and 4-star Florida State defensive lineman commit Derick Hunter -- are in town and enjoying the experience around campus so far. With the game scheduled for a 6 p.m. kickoff, I expect everything to intensify regarding the atmosphere in College Station. For Lee, he's been a Texas A&M commit since June 9. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound athlete committed to the Aggies over Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers and others. He is hoping a productive official visit will cap a great week that included him accepting his ceremonial Under Armour All-American jersey on Thursday. Hunter on campus makes for an intriguing storyline. He's a 6-foot-5, 285-pound lineman who can play defensive end or defensive tackle, and while he's committed to the Seminoles, he's always been a fan of Jimbo Fisher and running backs coach Jay Graham, who have recruited him since he was a freshman in high school. Can the Aggies do enough to flip him -- particularly with Florida State struggling on the field this season? And if a flip does happen, then how do the dominoes stack for Texas A&M's 2019 class? The Aggies have 25 players committed with three spots remaining. There are six or names to consider for those final three spots.

-- Two of those players in the hunt for the final three 2019 spots are 4-star defensive end Marcus Stripling and 3-star athlete Ainias Smith. Both will be at Kyle Field tonight. Stripling has said multiple times that he will take his time with his process, and he's long thought to have a spot in the class. He's got schools like Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas in the mix, but the Aggies feel strongly about where they are with his recruiting process. Smith is someone who sometimes goes overlooked with the class, but he's so dangerous as a two-way standout that he deserves to be discussed. Smith can play cornerback or wide receiver at the next level, and he also has the ability to be an electric punt returner or kickoff returner.

-- There will be a few athletes not in attendance but will be paying attention to what the Aggies do against Kentucky. Defensive back pledge Brian Williams was in Houston last night for a game against receiver pledge Chase Lane and St. Pius X, and the 4-star safety didn't get home until early Saturday morning. He said he won't be attending and will rest his body. The two Mississippi targets, 2019 5-star linebacker Nakobe Dean and 2020 4-star defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson, also said they'll be watching the Aggies. Dean was supposed to be in College Station this weekend for an official visit, but a mandatory team meeting for the upcoming Mississippi-Alabama All-Star Game was scheduled for this weekend. Jackson said he wanted to be in College Station, but he had a game that finished late.

-- A name to watch for the future is Jalen Kimber. The 2020 cornerback has Texas A&M high on his radar, and he said he plans on returning to Kyle Field later this season. While a trip for the Kentucky game wasn't in his cards, a trip for the LSU game, he said, is in his plans.

Let's never forget that McGlothern was on the Texas A&M campus for most of July hanging out with and training with Aggie freshman safeties Jordan Moore and Leon O'Neal Jr.

Hard pass if that is who he is training with.

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

To be fair, that was us after KSU. This was a decent win for them.

Kinda. When we played KState both teams were at least playing football. This game was terrible football. One of the worst games in recent memory that I've watched.

• Like 1

The biggest problem for aggy moving forward is their offensive line is terrible. One of the worst offensive lines in the country. 

This isn't an easy fix either. Outside of McCoy they have nobody that I would even consider average at this point. 

In a league that has elite defensive lines it's going to be almost impossible for aggy to be better than a .500ish team in the SEC. They better be active on the transfer/JUCO market as a stop gap solution while some of their young guys develop. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1

The biggest problem for aggy moving forward is their offensive line is terrible. One of the worst offensive lines in the country. 
This isn't an easy fix either. Outside of McCoy they have nobody that I would even consider average at this point. 
In a league that has elite defensive lines it's going to be almost impossible for aggy to be better than a .500ish team in the SEC. They better be active on the transfer/JUCO market as a stop gap solution while some of their young guys develop. 

Lucky for aggy Jimbo is so good at recruiting/developing the OL...

Just ask FSU fans.
  • Like 2

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

8:53p

Staff

-I've spoken to two sources about 2020 North Shore RB Zach Evans. If the superstar tailback were to choose a school in the near future, it'd be Texas A&M. I'm comfortable saying that. What I'm not comfortable saying is that Zach will be making any sort of decision any time soon. Most people I've talked to fully expect Evans to stick to his NSD2020 timeline - or at least somewhere in that vicinity. Like I said last night, Evans did meet one on one with Jimbo Fisher right after the game. 

-2020 Ft Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby remains in very consistent communication with A&M. Remember, Hornsby just got back onto the field after his hearing with the UIL. It was important to him and his family to focus on football. In fact, I've heard A&M actually thought the idea was smart and backed Malik and his family 100%. It's no secret that a month ago, Hornsby was as close to making a public announcement as you possibly can. The Aggies remain very much the team to beat for Malik, and he and his family are big fans of Darrell Dickey and Jimbo Fisher. 

-I got asked privately today about DeMarvin Leal and Dylan Wright visiting Texas. I don't know where that came from, but I've spoken to sources very much in the know, and I don't believe a visit will happen as of today. In fact, it sounds like something drastic would have to happen. 

-2020 WR commit Demond Demas is back at North Forest for the time being after it was thought he would be transferring last week. They had a game on Saturday night against fellow commit Jordan Jefferson and Navasota so he was unable to make it to College Station this weekend. 

16 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ryan Brauninger

8:53p

Staff

-I've spoken to two sources about 2020 North Shore RB Zach Evans. If the superstar tailback were to choose a school in the near future, it'd be Texas A&M. I'm comfortable saying that. What I'm not comfortable saying is that Zach will be making any sort of decision any time soon. Most people I've talked to fully expect Evans to stick to his NSD2020 timeline - or at least somewhere in that vicinity. Like I said last night, Evans did meet one on one with Jimbo Fisher right after the game. 

-2020 Ft Bend Marshall QB Malik Hornsby remains in very consistent communication with A&M. Remember, Hornsby just got back onto the field after his hearing with the UIL. It was important to him and his family to focus on football. In fact, I've heard A&M actually thought the idea was smart and backed Malik and his family 100%. It's no secret that a month ago, Hornsby was as close to making a public announcement as you possibly can. The Aggies remain very much the team to beat for Malik, and he and his family are big fans of Darrell Dickey and Jimbo Fisher. 

-I got asked privately today about DeMarvin Leal and Dylan Wright visiting Texas. I don't know where that came from, but I've spoken to sources very much in the know, and I don't believe a visit will happen as of today. In fact, it sounds like something drastic would have to happen. 

-2020 WR commit Demond Demas is back at North Forest for the time being after it was thought he would be transferring last week. They had a game on Saturday night against fellow commit Jordan Jefferson and Navasota so he was unable to make it to College Station this weekend. 

Even Texags taking a shot at Hamm.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Do862XVU0AU93hk.jpg

I can’t tell you how many times over the last 25 years I’ve heard aggie fans hoot and holler after a win or some other news item that they “were waking the sleeping giant!”. It’s probably the most ceaseless droning in sports. They bleat that shit more than FSU repeatedly war chants or sooners drone “boomer sooner” over and over again. It’s as nauseating as it is predictable. 

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I can’t tell you how many times over the last 25 years I’ve heard aggie fans hoot and holler after a win or some other news item that they “were waking the sleeping giant!”. It’s probably the most ceaseless droning in sports. They bleat that shit more than FSU repeatedly war chants or sooners drone “boomer sooner” over and over again. It’s as nauseating as it is predictable. 

giphy.gif    And the results are the same.

• Like 1

Does anyone have an official ht/wt on DeMarvin Leal? I've seen 6'4" an 6'6" 265-280

If Cupp and Orebo are 6'6" ...  

If Bankhead and Chibuzo are both "320" ... 

Do7VP2oV4AERcZv.jpg

** Cupp, Davis, Orebo, Leal, Ellison, Bankhead, Brown, Chibuzo

also, there are some bad frames here - Cupp is far and away the only one that looks like the kind of guy that Herman and staff continue to eval and recruit deep into the cycle. 

23 minutes ago, golfclap said:

also, there are some bad frames here - Cupp is far and away the only one that looks like the kind of guy that Herman and staff continue to eval and recruit deep into the cycle. 

i bet we pull scholarships from all the rest.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

58 minutes ago, bizzle said:

i bet we pull scholarships from all the rest.

You are such an insufferable fuckface. The best part is that actually you should be pissed that you handed out scholarships to at least 4 of those guys, even as Aggy they shouldn't have been takes but I guess that would make you a 2% and you've got a lot of Farmer Fight in you. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xTl6sGKbuRPDDW/giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bizzle said:

probably not if we keep recruiting based on frames. fuck.

By all means sign every Orebo and Chibuzo that you can. WHOOP! 

You can always tell when something awesome happens to Aggy, like an UGA decommit or win over Kentucky because bizzle surfaces, like fucking clockwork. No worries though soon he'll be back to posting with his sock aka "being in famously internet-less Vancouver" again. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So what exactly can jumbo and the marine negative recruit about on Texas with Shepherd?  I mean, it's not like our OL is one of the worst at giving up sacks in the entire country.

Don’t have to negative recruit, they already have a national championship trophy. They’re just waiting to fill in the date.

• Like 1

Bizzle disappears majority of the year while aggy is getting butt fucked or embarrassed.  He’ll pop up 1-2 times with his usual dumbass posts when they upset great blue bloods like Kentucky at home.  He’ll turtle up and won’t post for another 6 months when they get buttfucked by LSU, Auburn, or anyone that is remotely decent.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 2

Bizzle disappears majority of the year while aggy is getting butt fucked or embarrassed.  He’ll pop up 1-2 times with his usual dumbass posts when they upset great blue bloods like Kentucky at home.  He’ll turtle up and won’t post for another 6 months when they get buttfucked by LSU, Auburn, or anyone that is remotely decent.

Yep. He’s a herpe.

Aggy is herpes.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, RadiologyHorn said:

I’m calling my shot now, I think we flip him. He’s perfect for our defense. He’s visited us since committing. His mom loves us. I’m convinced he just needs to see how bad they will be first.

And once Leal flips the flood gates will open. But DeMarvin is the key.

I see now why you’re so bent on the Leal thing. You’ve got your little heart set on a single recruit. Well done. 

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

He doesn't disappear, he runs out of internet

• Like 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I see now why you’re so bent on the Leal thing. You’ve got your little heart set on a single recruit. Well done. 

I don’t have my head in the sand on these things. aggy has the upper hand right now, first issue is to acknowledge it so you can figure out how to beat them.

our last 8 recruits:

1. Demaryion Houston - OOS WR with no A&M offer
2. Chris Adimora - OOS S with no A&M offer
3. Derrian Brown - OOS RB with no A&M offer 
4. Tyler Owens - in-state S with no A&M offer
5. David Gbenda - in-state LB with an A&M offer but was being slow played at one by both us and aggy, aggy completely stopped recruiting him after they got bluechip LB Christian Harris
6. Marcus Tillman - OOS LB with no A&M offer
7. Marques Caldwell - in-state CB with no A&M offer
8. Javonne Shepherd - well this ones about to get fucked up if today was any indication 

• Fuck You 11

Jesus, just fucking stop. Use PMs or Facebook. Your pussy is bleeding everywhere. Right or not, nobody wants to read your drama in the recruiting forum. Same thing goes for RadiologyHorn. Fuck.
  • Like 4

I don’t have my head in the sand on these things. aggy has the upper hand right now, first issue is to acknowledge it so you can figure out how to beat them.

our last 8 recruits:
1. Demaryion Houston - OOS WR with no A&M offer
2. Chris Adimora - OOS S with no A&M offer
3. Derrian Brown - OOS RB with no A&M offer 
4. Tyler Owens - in-state S with no A&M offer
5. David Gbenda - in-state LB with an A&M offer but was being slow played at one by both us and aggy, aggy completely stopped recruiting him after they got bluechip LB Christian Harris
6. Marcus Tillman - OOS LB with no A&M offer
7. Marques Caldwell - in-state CB with no A&M offer
8. Javonne Shepherd - well this ones about to get fucked up if today was any indication 

See my post to ctj. Quit being a butthurt bitch. Take the argument to FB or PMs.
  • Like 1