Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

2 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Actually, they switched to "two years from now is when we make our run" a couple of years ago. Looch even says it in that quoted article above.

Yes, the real fun starts when he hasn't won a damn thing after year 3.  "Wait, did we get scammed?"

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm somewhat surprised A&M isn't involved with Kelly Bryant. Not sure why they have so much faith in Mond. 

Mond was decent against South Carolina but he was bad against Arkansas, Kentucky and Miss State. Teams finally figured out after Alabama that if you keep Mond in the pocket he really struggles to do much of anything. 

Bringing in a grad transfer QB kills your future depth chart, so he better be a difference maker. For instance, Burrow transferring to LSU lead to two QBs transferring. Bryant transfering in would probably lead to Mond transfering. How much better is Bryant in a new system not surrounded by Clemson level talent than Mond in his second year in Fisher's system? Is it worth losing Mond and probably one more younger QB, and being stuck with Foster and Calzada after Bryant graduates? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fud said:

Bringing in a grad transfer QB kills your future depth chart, so he better be a difference maker. For instance, Burrow transferring to LSU lead to two QBs transferring. Bryant transfering in would probably lead to Mond transfering. How much better is Bryant in a new system not surrounded by Clemson level talent than Mond in his second year in Fisher's system? Is it worth losing Mond and probably one more younger QB, and being stuck with Foster and Calzada after Bryant graduates? 

I think they're going to lose a couple QBs regardless of what happens. 

Starkel is gone unless they eventually bench Mond. Is Foster sticking around if Mond is the QB for 2 more years? Mond isn't a threat to leave early so he's going to be there for at least 2 more years if he's the QB. If Mond is benched for either Starkel or Foster he's likely a transfer candidate. 

I guess it's dependent on how you view Bryant but I think he's definitely a more proven QB than anything on A&M's roster. I'll take a proven QB for 1 year over a bunch of "what ifs" even if they are more long-term. 

Edited by texasstrong12

What I found interesting in that list is they don't even mention Stripling anymore. Their fans have completely moved on from him being in their class. Man, what a great DL prospect to have fall in your laps because the cycle long favorite decided to fill up on bread and didn't want to fight late into the recruiting cycle.

Edited by HtownHorn

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm somewhat surprised A&M isn't involved with Kelly Bryant. Not sure why they have so much faith in Mond. 

Mond was decent against South Carolina but he was bad against Arkansas, Kentucky and Miss State. Teams finally figured out after Alabama that if you keep Mond in the pocket he really struggles to do much of anything. 

Why? Bryant is not some game changing prospect at the position. It took Lawrence all of 2 weeks to completely change the trajectory of Clemson's season.

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Why? Bryant is not some game changing prospect at the position. It took Lawrence all of 2 weeks to completely change the trajectory of Clemson's season.

Bryant lost his job to likely the #1 pick in 3 years. Lawrence is unreal and it certainly doesn't tell me much about Bryant. 

I don't think  Bryant is a NFL caliber QB but he's a better option than anything A&M has on the roster. 

Now I will admit that making a play for a QB next year might not make a lot of sense since they have to play @ Georgia, @ Clemson, and Bama with a roster that's still in rebuild mode. Maybe the smarter play is to try and develop Mond but I tend to side with the idea of taking the better player regardless of trajectory. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

How will Looch spin this one. 

I wish I could tell you that aggy fought the good fight, and Auburn let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but the SEC is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - SEC life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, aggy would show up with fresh bruises. Auburn kept at us - sometimes we were able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for aggy - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for us, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I wish I could tell you that aggy fought the good fight, and Auburn let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but the SEC is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - SEC life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, aggy would show up with fresh bruises. Auburn kept at us - sometimes we were able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for aggy - that was his routine. I do believe those first two years were the worst for us, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

Here Fisher Fisher Fisher. Reeling em in. 

Shawshank+redemption-+DizzyPony.gif

That Brewster shit is exactly how Chin Pubes will spin this. This was a tough loss, but this team is better for it, and oh hey look at Texas being exposed like I said they would! Let’s re-list all of Mensa HerMan’s faults now!

Edited by Sejjr

37 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

I think Mond’s a decent quarterback who could develop into a good one with more experience.  I think Jimbo berating him after every play is killing his confidence and causing him to overthink every play.  

I can't imagine how big a turn off that would be to a recruit. Even when watching Jameis, Jimbo would chew his ass out after every single series. Who the hell wants to go somewhere to be berated on national TV 10 times a week?

21 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I can't imagine how big a turn off that would be to a recruit. Even when watching Jameis, Jimbo would chew his ass out after every single series. Who the hell wants to go somewhere to be berated on national TV 10 times a week?

Maybe that is why the QB recruit for their #2 recruiting class is Zach Calzada.

37 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Forget getting berated. The obnoxious used car auctioneer way that motherfucker normally talks should've been enough to make every recruit run away.

44 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

not saying you're wrong but we used to say that about Stoops and Co. in the early 00s and it was just wishful thinking for the most part

key difference being Stoops was winning huge and Fisher's selling being the tip of the gloryhole rod

On 11/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, Fud said:

Well now I really hope they do it

16 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Ive read back a  few pages and discovered that crazy Karen is involved with recruiting to some extent, perhaps a bag lady.  If this is indeed the case, why take that chance?  She is a nut and is a potential liability.

She was the same way at FSU. Showing up at practices and events with a weird amount of access for a batshit crazy grandma.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Ive read back a  few pages and discovered that crazy Karen is involved with recruiting to some extent, perhaps a bag lady.  If this is indeed the case, why take that chance?  She is a nut and is a potential liability.

cuz....aggy of course