Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

46 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DbFy3axVAAATiS5.jpg

This is aggy in a nutshell. They've never been able to use facts as their logic for how they view their program. They've begun celebrating like they've won everything. When Herman wins this season the narrative will change, and aggy's will be completely shocked that Texas is able to recruit at a higher level than Jimbo and his AARP coaching staff. Stuff like this were they compare each coach on their staff to ours is hilarious. Herman has already embarrassed Jimbo with a non-P5 team, and they tried to hire Orlando before they settled on Elko. 

Edited by texaslong

22 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

Who is saying that Leal is still 'taking visits?' I can't find it on IT. Feels like we've been hearing that about Demani Richardson for weeks and nothing's materialized.

His mom told TFB that. Demani's dad is also the one who wants Richardson to see more places - sounds like Jimbo's pitch works better with the kids than the family.

Edited by texifornia

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

His mom told TFB that. Demani's dad is also the one who wants Richardson to see more places - sounds like Jimbo's pitch works better with the kids than the family.

If mom and dad aren't naive, dumb, or rednecks, then they're usually gonna have an issue with  their kid trying to go to a 2nd tier school like aggy.

8 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Self important, overcompensating smug aggy always shows up around these Great Events, like clockwork. They usually shut up around the opening of aggy Decommitment Season.

i would argue we're actually even MORE fun during decommitment season.

• Like 1

I think they are going to struggle this year, but I don't think we are going to see the rash of decommits that we've seen in the past from them. We held onto almost all of our recruits (and I believe, all of the in-state ones) despite an underachieving season last year. I don't see any reason that they don't do the same no matter how well Texas does on the field. The overwhelming majority of these kids stick with their commitments. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think they are going to struggle this year, but I don't think we are going to see the rash of decommits that we've seen in the past from them. We held onto almost all of our recruits (and I believe, all of the in-state ones) despite an underachieving season last year. I don't see any reason that they don't do the same no matter how well Texas does on the field. The overwhelming majority of these kids stick with their commitments. 

Yep, they are selling immediate playtime, favorable depth chart.  Which works ...for a season or two.  Think Leal will visit Austin a couple more times, but he probably sticks because of the DL depth is bad after this season in CS

9 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Self important, overcompensating smug aggy always shows up around these Great Events, like clockwork. They usually shut up around the opening of aggy Decommitment Season.

It's the part of the year when the roller coaster is going up.  You can't have the delicious aggy misery in the fall without their ridiculous expectations and boasting in the spring and summer.  And then they have to play, you know, actual football games.

Yep, they are selling immediate playtime, favorable depth chart.  Which works ...for a season or two.  Think Leal will visit Austin a couple more times, but he probably sticks because of the DL depth is bad after this season in CS
Losing Leal hurts, no doubt about it, but We'll be fine there in the foreseeable future..

Coburn and Ojomo coming in for the fall, and if the "4 games and preserve the shirt" thing passes, both will likely get some real experience this year and still have the option of playing 4 full seasons.

23 minutes ago, ousux said:

Losing Leal hurts, no doubt about it, but We'll be fine there in the foreseeable future..

Coburn and Ojomo coming in for the fall, and if the "4 games and preserve the shirt" thing passes, both will likely get some real experience this year and still have the option of playing 4 full seasons.

Pretty sure I read yesterday that the redshirt proposal has been tabled. 

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm not sure if it's necessarily apples to apples to compare our 2018 season and resulting class to that of A&M's 2019. We had some really disappointing games, and even some ugly ones, but we were never not competitive. 

I'll be shocked if A&M doesn't get booty blasted in weeks two and four, and additionally, I'll be mildly surprised if they aren't physically beat up after those two games, and this isn't a deeply talented team to begin with. We saw what happened when depth charts thin with experienced talent get injured first hand last year. 

Guess who they get for their fifth game of the year? The passed over heir apparent who's going to spend all off-season devising a game-plan which includes everything in the kitchen sink, the toolshed, and the local Walmart, he'll save most of it for A&M so they're getting a unique look, and he'll aim to kick them when they're down. This is his biggest game of the season, while this is A&M's at best 4th biggest game, A&M will be coming off a road game in T-town and heading back on the road to play in front of the Walmart meth-heads, and I don't think it's wishful thinking to anticipate a very interesting game that week. 

What I'm getting at, is their season could be abundantly more ugly than ours last year; more of the Charlie Strong era 7-41 BYU, 7-28 Baylor, 0-23 K-State, 10-48 TCU, 7-31 Arkansas, etc flavor than the Tom Herman should have beaten USC and Oklahoma State flavor, and I think that could make a difference in being able to hold the class together. 

Edited by Fud

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Abilene shits all over College Station.

Dude, please, seriously, no. Abilene shits on no one. Abilene is the festering polyp on the colon of the universe. I'm not even defending College Station when I say so. That's like comparing the sphincter at one end of the colon to the sphincter at the other end. Abilene is definitely the shittier of the two shitty towns, though, and it's not even really close.

I prefer Abilene.  Have family from there and the surrounding area.  Have a ranch near College Station so can judge both.  Nice people.  Better weather (CS is humid as fuck).  No aggy.  Close to good and cheap hunting.  Close enough to Taos for skiing.  Nice downtown area.  Hot chicks at the local colleges, especially ACU.  No maroon everywhere.  2 hours from Ft. Worth.  Perini Ranch.  The Beehive.  I prefer the people in West Texas than those in East Texas or Brazos Valley.

I married an ACU girl, so I won't argue that point. And I do prefer West Texas to East, easily. But Abilene is hands down my least favorite part of West Texas. We joke about Lubbock, but the truth is, I've had 1000% more fun in Lubbock than I ever had in Abilene.

Maybe if my in-laws moved away, I'd like it more. It's possible. But they haven't.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fud said:

I'm not sure if it's necessarily apples to apples to compare our 2018 season and resulting class to that of A&M's 2019. We had some really disappointing games, and even some ugly ones, but we were never not competitive. 

I'll be shocked if A&M doesn't get booty blasted in weeks two and four, and additionally, I'll be mildly surprised if they aren't physically beat up after those two games, and this isn't a deeply talented team to begin with. We saw what happened when depth charts thin with experienced talent get injured first hand last year. 

Guess who they get for their fifth game of the year? The passed over heir apparent who's going to spend all off-season devising a game-plan which includes everything in the kitchen sink, the toolshed, and the local Walmart, he'll save most of it for A&M so they're getting a unique look, and he'll aim to kick them when they're down. This is his biggest game of the season, while this is A&M's at best 4th biggest game, A&M will be coming off a road game in T-town and heading back on the road to play in front of the Walmart meth-heads, and I don't think it's wishful thinking to anticipate a very interesting game that week. 

What I'm getting at, is their season could be abundantly more ugly than ours last year; more of the Charlie Strong era 7-41 BYU, 7-28 Baylor, 0-23 K-State, 10-48 TCU, 7-31 Arkansas, etc flavor than the Tom Herman should have beaten USC and Oklahoma State flavor, and I think that could make a difference in being able to hold the class together. 

I'll add on to this in that the Chief will know just how shitty of an offense he'll be up against and know who/where to attack.

37 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I'll add on to this in that the Chief will know just how shitty of an offense he'll be up against and know who/where to attack.

Regarding their offense, after the hire there was talk that Jimbo would move to a more spread, RPO, and running QB offense; in other words, a more modern and dynamic offense. This concerned me, because I was banking in Jimbo continuing to run his snail paced, first round QB reliant, difficult to block for, carried by the defense, complicated and hard to perfect, reliant on special game breaking skill position offense. 

Talk to any FSU fan who knows what they're looking at about Jimbo's tenure, and three of the primary complaints you'll get are that the heavy playbook slow west coast pro style offense is difficult for college QBs to do well with consistently, that the offensive line generally sucked, and that the slow pace was maddening. 

The early returns look like he isn't changing much, which should be a joy for all of us and to the SEC West. 

Additionally, they don't have the ideal personnel in the offensive transition that he had when he took over for Bowden. 

Edited by Fud

24 minutes ago, Fud said:

Regarding their offense, after the hire there was talk that Jimbo would move to a more spread, RPO, and running QB offense; in other words, a more modern and dynamic offense. This concerned me, because I was banking in Jimbo continuing to run his snail paced, first round QB reliant, difficult to block for, carried by the defense, complicated and hard to perfect, reliant on special game breaking skill position offense. 

Talk to any FSU fan who knows what they're looking at about Jimbo's tenure, and three of the primary complaints you'll get are that the heavy playbook slow west coast pro style offense is difficult for college QBs to do well with consistently, that the offensive line generally sucked, and that the slow pace was maddening. 

The early returns look like he isn't changing much, which should be a joy for all of us and to the SEC West. 

Additionally, they don't have the ideal personnel in the offensive transition that he had when he took over for Bowden. 

<aggy>He didn't have the Marine with him at FSU.</aggy>

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Abilene. Seriously, no joke.  Hell, if had even been San Angelo, I'd be living in the actual desert right now, instead of in the cultural desert.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Abilene shits all over College Station.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Dude, please, seriously, no. Abilene shits on no one. Abilene is the festering polyp on the colon of the universe. I'm not even defending College Station when I say so. That's like comparing the sphincter at one end of the colon to the sphincter at the other end. Abilene is definitely the shittier of the two shitty towns, though, and it's not even really close.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I prefer Abilene.  Have family from there and the surrounding area.  Have a ranch near College Station so can judge both.  Nice people.  Better weather (CS is humid as fuck).  No aggy.  Close to good and cheap hunting.  Close enough to Taos for skiing.  Nice downtown area.  Hot chicks at the local colleges, especially ACU.  No maroon everywhere.  2 hours from Ft. Worth.  Perini Ranch.  The Beehive.  I prefer the people in West Texas than those in East Texas or Brazos Valley.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I married an ACU girl, so I won't argue that point. And I do prefer West Texas to East, easily. But Abilene is hands down my least favorite part of West Texas. We joke about Lubbock, but the truth is, I've had 1000% more fun in Lubbock than I ever had in Abilene.

Maybe if my in-laws moved away, I'd like it more. It's possible. But they haven't.

I was born and reared in Hamlin so this hits close to home. Back in the day, and I mean waaay back in the day, if you knew where to hang you could get plenty of action. Being a bartender didn't hurt, either. I lived there for a few years and when Dyess guys went TDY the MILFS came out in droves. Hell, they were MILFS and cougars before those term were ever thought of. I've never been to CS so can't  compare.

In the most shocking news ever Koda Martin heading to Syracuse. 

Oh, and Chin Pubes. 

On Wednesday, Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies secured a commitment from one of the most coveted defensive linemen in the country and the top-rated front-seven defender in the state. More importantly, Fisher, Mike Elko and Co. celebrated the addition of Converse Judson game-changer DeMarvin Leal because the 6-4, 280-pound has long been considered a 'must-get' and one of the top priorities in the 2019 recruiting cycle by the Aggie staff.  

-So why exactly is Leal considered a national top-50 prospect by most, a state top-5 talent and why was the San Antonio-area standout one of the highest-rated players on Fisher's Big Board?  Where to begin?

At nearly 6-4 and almost 280 lean pounds, DeMarvin blends incredible quickness, raw athleticism and explosive power into a frame that will probably carry around 300 before all is said and done. Leal's skill set combined with the type of relentless effort you just don't typically see from blue-chip defensive line prospects north of 260 pounds should translate into a very quick transition to the college game and rapid ascension into the starting lineup. From there, it probably won't take long for Leal to develop into an All-SEC talent in Mike Elko's scheme.

"He's a 275-280 pounder who can play like a 300-pounder or a 240-pound outside linebacker. A rare breed, indeed."

As for Elko, he's probably literally counting the days until he can get DeMarvin on campus and suited up. The state's most disruptive defender - and a player that one high school coach told TexAgs was the most difficult he's ever had to game-plan against - has the potential to be a dominant force lining up outside at end or sliding inside. He's a ferocious pass-rusher who possesses a lethal combination of size and speed and his quickness, leverage and natural ability to extend and use his hands to keep would-be blockers at bay make Leal an immovable, disruptive force against the run. DeMarvin's frame, ability to explode into the backfield and regularly blow things up before they start and the way he uses his speed to track down backside cuts are part of what set him apart from a very good crop of Texas-bred defensive linemen in the Class of 2019. He's a 275-280 pounder who can play like a 300-pounder or a 240-pound outside linebacker. A rare breed, indeed. If you're looking for a player comparison, I think recent Alabama All-American and NFL First-Rounder Jonathan Allen is a good place to start.

-As you might expect when chasing the pledge of a national top-100 defender and a state top-5 talent, Fisher and the Ags were forced to outlast some pretty stiff competition. Leal's notable offers included the likes of last year's playoff participants - Bama, Georgia, Clemson and OU - plus Florida, Michigan, Penn State, USC and Florida State, among others, but the Aggies' primary competition here were Tom Herman and the Texas Longhorns. There will be a few very high-profile, headline-grabbing and particularly pivotal head-to-heads between the Maroon & White and Burnt Orange in the '19 race but I'm not sure the battle over an instant-impact defensive lineman won't sit at the very top of the list. That's especially true when the spin machine out of Austin had been hyping Leal up as a Longhorn lock for the better part of two months. What the Aggies did in being able to reel in the biggest of fish was not only add a difference-maker in the trenches but also send a pretty emphatic message that the balance of power is in the process of shifting in the Texas recruiting landscape and it's doing so quite quickly. The bottom line here is that the A&M coaching staff flat out-recruited Herman's social-media blitzing bunch. Then again, all the Ags really did was let DeMarvin and his family know all they needed to know about Aggieland, the coaching staff, the University and where the program was heading with a national championship head coach at the helm. Leal carefully considered his options and probably set off a pretty wild celebration in the Bright Complex when he informed the A&M coaches that he was ready to be an Aggie.

-Getting back to the head-to-head stuff with Texas for a moment, I think it's important to point out that the current staff views things a little differently than most of the media and, especially, the A&M fan base does when it comes to the recruiting scoreboard. Fisher and his staff are far more concerned with simply going out and getting the players that they prioritize than worrying about the head-to-head ledger versus a former on-field rival. Truth be told, I don't sense a great deal of concern over what's going on down in Austin out of this staff outside of a desire to win key head-to-heads like the one for Leal. Trust me, this new bunch is much more focused on building a team that can compete with the likes of Alabama and Georgia for SEC supremacy to spend much (if any) time worrying about Herman and the Horns. The only aspect of taking down Texas in this particular battle that probably resonated with Fisher and his staff was the fact that landing a player of DeMarvin's profile, stature and ranking has the potential to lead to a significant spike in momentum as the spring recruiting season kicks into high gear. Other than that, the Ags are more focused on what programs like Bama and LSU are adding to their rosters in 2019. Understanding that the head-to-heads with Texas are always going to matter, maybe it's time we all start doing the same and stop believing every ounce of spin that comes out of a group that spends more time scrambling to alter public perception via misinformation than Vladimir Putin himself.

Stephanie Aiple

With another head-to-head recruiting win over Tom Herman, Jimbo Fisher is quickly changing the recruiting landscape in the Lone Star State. 

-Along those lines, let's take a moment to consider the high-profile battles Fisher and his staff have won in a very short period of time since fielding a full staff just four months ago.

Bobby Brown (Alabama)

Vernon Jackson (Alabama)

Leon O'Neal (Clemson)

James Foster (LSU, FSU)

Glenn Beal (Alabama, Florida)

Jeremiah Martin (Oklahoma)

Brian Williams (Nation's No. 1 ranked safety)

Demani Richardson (Texas)

Braedon Mowry (OU)

Baylor Cupp (offers from every power program in the country)

DeMarvin Leal (Texas/state's No. 1-ranked DL)

There are others, including Kam BrownTank Jenkins and hanging on to Jalen Preston, but you get the picture. This is a staff that can flat out close and one that will not blink when standing toe-to-toe with either the top programs and head coaches or 'local' recruiting rivals such as Oklahoma or Texas in the fight for elite-level, playoff-contending talent. They've wasted no time in proving as much.

-What we've seen from Jimbo Fisher's staff thus far is that virtually every member of the group is able to carry a recruitment on their own if necessary but that they'll also lean on teamwork to get the job done if need be. That was the case with Bobby Brown's recruitment and we saw it again in the Ags' dogged pursuit of Leal's pledge. Tim Brewster, Terry Price and Elijah Robinson (who recruited DeMarvin while at Baylor) were all actively involved and the prospect's connection with all three played a role. Oh, and in case anyone in Austin was wondering whether or not Tim Brewster was still one of the premier recruiters in college football, look no further than the Ags' last two pledges, Leal and Baylor Cupp. The dude is still a card-carrying Ace.

-We've talked a lot since Braedon Mowry's commitment about the Aggies loading the hell up on the defensive line for the second straight class and the addition of Leal represents a giant step towards ensuring that happens. 

The Ags now have DeMarvin, Braedon and A&M Consol 290-pounder Josh Ellison in the fold and are the overwhelming favorite to add Mayde Creek's Ross Stripling to the mix. Seven Lakes DE David Ogwoebu and Florida stud Jacqueze Sorrells are also leaning hard A&M's way. Fisher and the Ags inking a six pack up front after signing five studs last February is likely to happen, with this year's D-line haul ranking as one of the nation's best.

"Fisher and the Ags are nowhere close to being finished on defense, either, so this year's haul has the potential to be the best A&M signed in quite some time."

-Leal and safeties Demani Richardson and Brian Williams are all national top-100 caliber defenders, each of whom is an elite-level talent. We're talking instant-impact players for Mike Elko's future Wrecking Crew units. Williams is the nation's top-ranked safety, Leal is the No. 1 ranked d-lineman in the state and Richardson has drawn comparisons to outgoing Florida State star and first-rounder Derwin James. Fisher and the Ags are nowhere close to being finished on defense, either, so this year's haul has the potential to be the best A&M signed in quite some time. We've seen entire classes that don't feature talent at the top like these three, and the Ags are only going to add more. 

-Baylor Cupp and Braedon Mowry are also 1 or 1A when talking about the best pure DE and TE in Texas, so the Ags' last three additions have been big-time gets, with A&M besting OU and Georgia for Mowry and virtually every power player in the country for Cupp. The three guys the Ags have added over the past two weeks also happen to have the potential to develop into pretty dominant point-of-attack, hand-in-the-dirt dudes. Combine that with what the Ags did at tight end and on the offensive and defensive lines last year and you can see A&M's roster overhaul and a true SEC transition happening in real time.

-Leal is the type of pledge that is going to REALLY get the attention of other big-time prospects who are close to jumping on board with Texas A&M...guys like Erick YoungBobby WolfeMarcus StriplingKenyon GreenJeffery CarterMarcus Banks and a few others.

-The bottom line:  DeMarvin Leal is a potential game-changer in the SEC West and the type of talent absolutely necessary to win in the battle in the trenches in the Southeastern Conference.  One of Coach Fisher's biggest catches of his short tenure in College Station.

8 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Oh, and Chin Pubes. 

Reveal hidden contents

On Wednesday, Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies secured a commitment from one of the most coveted defensive linemen in the country and the top-rated front-seven defender in the state. More importantly, Fisher, Mike Elko and Co. celebrated the addition of Converse Judson game-changer DeMarvin Leal because the 6-4, 280-pound has long been considered a 'must-get' and one of the top priorities in the 2019 recruiting cycle by the Aggie staff.  

-So why exactly is Leal considered a national top-50 prospect by most, a state top-5 talent and why was the San Antonio-area standout one of the highest-rated players on Fisher's Big Board?  Where to begin?

At nearly 6-4 and almost 280 lean pounds, DeMarvin blends incredible quickness, raw athleticism and explosive power into a frame that will probably carry around 300 before all is said and done. Leal's skill set combined with the type of relentless effort you just don't typically see from blue-chip defensive line prospects north of 260 pounds should translate into a very quick transition to the college game and rapid ascension into the starting lineup. From there, it probably won't take long for Leal to develop into an All-SEC talent in Mike Elko's scheme.

"He's a 275-280 pounder who can play like a 300-pounder or a 240-pound outside linebacker. A rare breed, indeed."

As for Elko, he's probably literally counting the days until he can get DeMarvin on campus and suited up. The state's most disruptive defender - and a player that one high school coach told TexAgs was the most difficult he's ever had to game-plan against - has the potential to be a dominant force lining up outside at end or sliding inside. He's a ferocious pass-rusher who possesses a lethal combination of size and speed and his quickness, leverage and natural ability to extend and use his hands to keep would-be blockers at bay make Leal an immovable, disruptive force against the run. DeMarvin's frame, ability to explode into the backfield and regularly blow things up before they start and the way he uses his speed to track down backside cuts are part of what set him apart from a very good crop of Texas-bred defensive linemen in the Class of 2019. He's a 275-280 pounder who can play like a 300-pounder or a 240-pound outside linebacker. A rare breed, indeed. If you're looking for a player comparison, I think recent Alabama All-American and NFL First-Rounder Jonathan Allen is a good place to start.

-As you might expect when chasing the pledge of a national top-100 defender and a state top-5 talent, Fisher and the Ags were forced to outlast some pretty stiff competition. Leal's notable offers included the likes of last year's playoff participants - Bama, Georgia, Clemson and OU - plus Florida, Michigan, Penn State, USC and Florida State, among others, but the Aggies' primary competition here were Tom Herman and the Texas Longhorns. There will be a few very high-profile, headline-grabbing and particularly pivotal head-to-heads between the Maroon & White and Burnt Orange in the '19 race but I'm not sure the battle over an instant-impact defensive lineman won't sit at the very top of the list. That's especially true when the spin machine out of Austin had been hyping Leal up as a Longhorn lock for the better part of two months. What the Aggies did in being able to reel in the biggest of fish was not only add a difference-maker in the trenches but also send a pretty emphatic message that the balance of power is in the process of shifting in the Texas recruiting landscape and it's doing so quite quickly. The bottom line here is that the A&M coaching staff flat out-recruited Herman's social-media blitzing bunch. Then again, all the Ags really did was let DeMarvin and his family know all they needed to know about Aggieland, the coaching staff, the University and where the program was heading with a national championship head coach at the helm. Leal carefully considered his options and probably set off a pretty wild celebration in the Bright Complex when he informed the A&M coaches that he was ready to be an Aggie.

-Getting back to the head-to-head stuff with Texas for a moment, I think it's important to point out that the current staff views things a little differently than most of the media and, especially, the A&M fan base does when it comes to the recruiting scoreboard. Fisher and his staff are far more concerned with simply going out and getting the players that they prioritize than worrying about the head-to-head ledger versus a former on-field rival. Truth be told, I don't sense a great deal of concern over what's going on down in Austin out of this staff outside of a desire to win key head-to-heads like the one for Leal. Trust me, this new bunch is much more focused on building a team that can compete with the likes of Alabama and Georgia for SEC supremacy to spend much (if any) time worrying about Herman and the Horns. The only aspect of taking down Texas in this particular battle that probably resonated with Fisher and his staff was the fact that landing a player of DeMarvin's profile, stature and ranking has the potential to lead to a significant spike in momentum as the spring recruiting season kicks into high gear. Other than that, the Ags are more focused on what programs like Bama and LSU are adding to their rosters in 2019. Understanding that the head-to-heads with Texas are always going to matter, maybe it's time we all start doing the same and stop believing every ounce of spin that comes out of a group that spends more time scrambling to alter public perception via misinformation than Vladimir Putin himself.

Stephanie Aiple

With another head-to-head recruiting win over Tom Herman, Jimbo Fisher is quickly changing the recruiting landscape in the Lone Star State. 

-Along those lines, let's take a moment to consider the high-profile battles Fisher and his staff have won in a very short period of time since fielding a full staff just four months ago.

Bobby Brown (Alabama)

Vernon Jackson (Alabama)

Leon O'Neal (Clemson)

James Foster (LSU, FSU)

Braedon Mowry (OU)

There are others, including Kam BrownTank Jenkins and hanging on to Jalen Preston, but you get the picture. This is a staff that can flat out close and one that will not blink when standing toe-to-toe with either the top programs and head coaches or 'local' recruiting rivals such as Oklahoma or Texas in the fight for elite-level, playoff-contending talent. They've wasted no time in proving as much.

-What we've seen from Jimbo Fisher's staff thus far is that virtually every member of the group is able to carry a recruitment on their own if necessary but that they'll also lean on teamwork to get the job done if need be. That was the case with Bobby Brown's recruitment and we saw it again in the Ags' dogged pursuit of Leal's pledge. Tim Brewster, Terry Price and Elijah Robinson (who recruited DeMarvin while at Baylor) were all actively involved and the prospect's connection with all three played a role. Oh, and in case anyone in Austin was wondering whether or not Tim Brewster was still one of the premier recruiters in college football, look no further than the Ags' last two pledges, Leal and Baylor Cupp. The dude is still a card-carrying Ace.

-We've talked a lot since Braedon Mowry's commitment about the Aggies loading the hell up on the defensive line for the second straight class and the addition of Leal represents a giant step towards ensuring that happens. 

The Ags now have DeMarvin, Braedon and A&M Consol 290-pounder Josh Ellison in the fold and are the overwhelming favorite to add Mayde Creek's Ross Stripling to the mix. Seven Lakes DE David Ogwoebu and Florida stud Jacqueze Sorrells are also leaning hard A&M's way. Fisher and the Ags inking a six pack up front after signing five studs last February is likely to happen, with this year's D-line haul ranking as one of the nation's best.

"Fisher and the Ags are nowhere close to being finished on defense, either, so this year's haul has the potential to be the best A&M signed in quite some time."

-Leal and safeties Demani Richardson and Brian Williams are all national top-100 caliber defenders, each of whom is an elite-level talent. We're talking instant-impact players for Mike Elko's future Wrecking Crew units. Williams is the nation's top-ranked safety, Leal is the No. 1 ranked d-lineman in the state and Richardson has drawn comparisons to outgoing Florida State star and first-rounder Derwin James. Fisher and the Ags are nowhere close to being finished on defense, either, so this year's haul has the potential to be the best A&M signed in quite some time. We've seen entire classes that don't feature talent at the top like these three, and the Ags are only going to add more. 

-Baylor Cupp and Braedon Mowry are also 1 or 1A when talking about the best pure DE and TE in Texas, so the Ags' last three additions have been big-time gets, with A&M besting OU and Georgia for Mowry and virtually every power player in the country for Cupp. The three guys the Ags have added over the past two weeks also happen to have the potential to develop into pretty dominant point-of-attack, hand-in-the-dirt dudes. Combine that with what the Ags did at tight end and on the offensive and defensive lines last year and you can see A&M's roster overhaul and a true SEC transition happening in real time.

-Leal is the type of pledge that is going to REALLY get the attention of other big-time prospects who are close to jumping on board with Texas A&M...guys like Erick YoungBobby WolfeMarcus StriplingKenyon GreenJeffery CarterMarcus Banks and a few others.

-The bottom line:  DeMarvin Leal is a potential game-changer in the SEC West and the type of talent absolutely necessary to win in the battle in the trenches in the Southeastern Conference.  One of Coach Fisher's biggest catches of his short tenure in College Station.

Would you rather get killed by your opponents on the field or by one of your coaches off it?

17 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Oh, and Chin Pubes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Stephanie Aiple

Bobby Brown (Alabama)

Vernon Jackson (Alabama)

Leon O'Neal (Clemson)

James Foster (LSU, FSU)

Braedon Mowry (OU)

Well, looks like that visit for Shepherd on Friday got a little more scary.

I like the number of Ags that are responding about how crappy Koda Martin was and how he wasn't even on the depth chart etc ... despite this article today from the Houston Chronicle highlighting Martin as the starting LT.  Also note that he started 10 games last year and they don't have anyone to replace him. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/texas-sports-nation/college/article/Breaking-down-2018-Texas-A-M-football-Offensive-12848293.php