9.20.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am - Featuring absolute nonsense

bigup2dahorns

28 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Not a huge fan of this stance he keeps staying on, same answer for Arkansas. I get what he’s saying but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to use a little bulletin board material as a way to get the team hyped up a bit.  let’s not treat OU like it’s any other week.   

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who gives a shit what a coach said about a kickoff time, he doesn’t decide and neither do the schools. 

No one said Sark said anything about it. The news was put out there at the same time as the press conference thus it was put in the press conference thread. 

Switch to decaf. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Not a huge fan of this stance he keeps staying on, same answer for Arkansas. I get what he’s saying but I don’t think it’s a bad thing to use a little bulletin board material as a way to get the team hyped up a bit.  let’s not treat OU like it’s any other week.   

Yeah if Sark treats OU like Mack did, that's a problem. But I get what he's saying because he knows what Alabama gets when they play other SEC schools, everyone's best. That's what Texas gets as well. 

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I can guarantee you that his public stance of not commenting on how much the opponent might hate them isn't why Arkansas got every inch off in their asses. They need to fix the actual reasons why before their new HC is on TV talking about how "they hate us hell yah we'll slap in on the board!"

Works for some coaches and situations, doesn't for others.

• Hook 'Em 1

Part of the issue is every team hates us and gets up for us.  So really it isn't some one-off thing that you can use to get the team up.  Yea Fatterson can probably point at Baylor and get his team jazzed for that ragged ass "rivalry" because it's one of the few, if not only conference opponents who have a thing with TCU.  Sark can't do that at Texas because it is pretty much every week.  "Ok guys it's week 9, I want to remind you again that we're Texas and they really fucking hate us" just doesn't do much.  

• Hook 'Em 4

First game he hasn’t promised both will play?  Guess he has seen enough. 

thank god. 

Barring a total bed shitting vs Tech, Thompson is going to be the guy at least through OU. You don’t bench Card for the reasons they did and then trot him back out at TCU or in the Cotton Bowl unless you absolutely have to.

If we’re sitting at 3-3 after OU, the season is basically over, and Thompson hasn’t looked like anything special then I think you might see a switch. But if Thompson looks good Saturday and can split TCU and OU it’s going to be garbage time or no time for Card the rest of the way.
  • Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah if Sark treats OU like Mack did, that's a problem. But I get what he's saying because he knows what Alabama gets when they play other SEC schools, everyone's best. That's what Texas gets as well. 

but Alabama's better than everyone they play so of course it's just about what they do.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I think this is the Saban approach. You have to make your team get up for each and every opponent. That's how you build a dynasty. 

2 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

On LHN, Austin radio, and www.texassports.com

Thompson gets the start, dominating bounce back performance against Rice, defense pitches a shutout . . On to the conference schedule

nQ7gwo-H?format=jpg&name=medium

E_nNJcRWUAAWeKP?format=jpg&name=large

JDM9913b-900x600.jpg

JDM0665-900x600.jpg

JDM0010-900x600.jpg

WvgAZlXQ?format=jpg&name=medium

eb75ecaf-1b8c-4389-9256-d8e066e7b48f-sss

Horns crush Rice 58-0 and move to 2-1. Next up:

E-eY2_5XMAciHsY?format=jpg&name=large

tech cheer is down

we should win convincingly

26 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

It’s exactly how Saban handles things. “We need to worry about the things we can control and work on the things we need to do to win the game”

Who cares what they say to the press? Coaching wins, not press conferences 

In 2000 Mack said Oklahoma was just another team. In 2005 Mack said Ohio State was good and USC was good and that they would have their moments but Texas was good too so don't stop playing. Mack said it was no longer good enough to compare themselves to the weekly opponent they had to compare themselves to the best to achieve being the best. Faceless opponent does not cut it. Fortunately Mack learned and turned it around before changing his offense. Unfortunately unless someone teaches Sark that some teams are not like the rest he will learn the hard way and take us along for the ride. If he does not learn then he will make way for the next guy.

Edited by DanTheHorn

6 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

In 2000 Mack said Oklahoma was just another team. In 2005 Mack said Ohio State was good and USC was good and that they would have their moments but Texas was good too so don't stop playing. Mack said it was no longer good enough to compare themselves to the weekly opponent they had to compare themselves to the best to achieve being the best. Faceless opponent does not cut it. Fortunately Mack learned and turned it around before changing his offense. Unfortunately unless someone teaches Sark that some teams are not like the rest he will learn the hard way and take us along for the ride. If he does not learn then he will make way for the next guy.

you're not going to get bulletin board material in a press conference.  let this thing die.

• Hook 'Em 4

You don't go into a press conference every week saying how much the other team hates you and will give you their best so stop bitching about it. It's week 4 of a new coach. Let the man do his job the way he see's fit. I personally like the way he handles himself in these press conferences. He doesn't look befuddled (Strong) or scared and nervous/defensive like turtle Tom. He seems professional and organized unlike the local media buffoons.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

It’s exactly how Saban handles things. “We need to worry about the things we can control and work on the things we need to do to win the game”

The Saban model cannot be easily replicated. And what Saban is doing now is not where we are. Our maturity is different. So what they do is largely irrelevant to our situation. Teams are usually intimidated by Alabama out of the gate. Their players know what they’re doing or they don’t play.

Sark has to be true to himself, so I dont think he’s the coach to punch holes in walls.

Nevertheless, college football is about imposing your will on the opponent. At home, you need to have your leaders reinforce absolute pride in playing at home and not getting punked. And, on the road, exemplifying what Casey Thompson described about reveling in silencing the crowd and being spoilers.

Sark’s public quotes should focus more on looking forward to playing games in hostile environments and passion for the game. The businesslike approach is just as likely to lull players to lose focus as to keep them even keeled. He needs to term that kind of phrasing for good. Internally, he does need to continuously ensure his players aren’t too high or too low.

And seeing Texas get pantsed in Fayettenam was partly due to will, just as much as lack of talent and preparation. Biggest beatdown since Strong era in Game 2. You dont businesslike your way in games like that. And its disconcerting how it happened.

6 minutes ago, Snacks said:

you're not going to get bulletin board material in a press conference.  let this thing die.

I am not saying it due to the press conference, I am saying it because Overshown said faceless opponent in an interview. Sark is clearly preaching it to the players. Mack always said they scare me to death but I don't remember players saying it. So Mack was saying one thing to the press and another to the players. At least from the outside looking in and the 05 documentary seems to confirm it.

Edited by DanTheHorn

Card will play this week and every other week. When he holds for Dicker.
The question by Bowels was stupid this week anyway, it’s a fucking home game. Are the few thousand Tceh fans in attendance going to make our players cry with taunts of, “SEC Sucks!”?
Exactly what I was thinking. Hope Kurt drives all the way to Lubbuttock Friday night and shows up at Jones Stadium bright and early.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, brakeman said:
Keilan Robinson with the stiff-arm.

.E_n32X4XsAMFcDt?format=jpg&name=medium

Too bad it's Rice in the pic..otherwise that would be one for Keilan to blow up and hang on the wall. #Heisman pose

What do you mean, Rice stayed within 21 points against the pigs in week one? You know that is decent.

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

Just waiting on sark to mention rat poison.

38 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Card will play this week and every other week. When he holds for Dicker.

The question by Bowels was stupid this week anyway, it’s a fucking home game. Are the few thousand Tceh fans in attendance going to make our players cry with taunts of, “SEC Sucks!”?

Thought the same thing. I’ll be at the game this Saturday and I am extremely concerned about the hate coming from the upper deck tech fans. 

• immamac changed the title to 9.20.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am - Featuring absolute nonsense
2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Fox did not opt to pull Texas OU as one of their choices in the preseason. So we either will get 11am ABC or 2:30 ABC/ESPN. The problem with that 2:30 spot is that's normally reserved for years we're pretty terrible. I think the last 2:30 spot was a Charlie year. So yeah, gird your loins for 11am. 

Get Ready Nigel GIF