College basketball coaching carousel: 2024 edition

Machinator

2 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Or McCasland.

McCasland isn't openly fighting with his administration, and didn't just drop a steamer of a season while showing his crazy ass to the world for weeks on end.

He very well might be looking to go back, but I think Tang has more incentive to leave his current situation.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

McCasland isn't openly fighting with his administration, and didn't just drop a steamer of a season while showing his crazy ass to the world for weeks on end.

He very well might be looking to go back, but I think Tang has more incentive to leave his current situation.

The Baylor faithful are hopeful they can bring McCasland home. McCasland’s Tech grad wife thinks they’re already at  home.

Reportedly, Wright, Oats, Hurley, and Drew have now turned them down.  IMO, Donovan sounded interested in that video, but no way they can wait him out if he's refusing to do anything until Bulls season over.

They will move into Pearl/Beard territory soon.  

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Well he aint going to get good Mexican up there so it could be a going away meal! lol

Big time Baylor donor.  Probably securing some more NIL money/basketball gift before he announces he's staying 

That restaurant looks sad.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Well I feel bad for Drew’s wife bc a woman saying no usually gets ignored in Waco 

See below, from Pres Fenves, 2017. Do you think 55% (15 + 28 + 12) at UT is funny, Js1, or have you not seen this? 

“Today, we are releasing a report that details the prevalence of sexual assault and misconduct at The University of Texas at Austin. The data is drawn from the Cultivating Learning and Safe Environments (CLASE) survey that the University of Texas System conducted at 13 UT institutions across the state last year.

The results of this survey of our students are of tremendous concern to me, and I know these findings are deeply troubling to every member of our community. This survey reveals a problem in our university, as well as society, that has existed in the shadows for too long.

CLASE found that 15 percent of undergraduate women at UT Austin reported that they had been raped, either through force, threat of force, incapacitation or other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure. Furthermore, 28 percent of undergraduate women at UT Austin said they were the victims of unwanted sexual touching, and 12 percent experienced attempted rape.”

4 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'd have to think that Tang would jump quickly to go back to Waco.

McCasland, Tang and Jakus are 3 to keep an eye on if he were to leave, and I know that a certain incoming to the BXII coach has backchanneled with Rhoades about the possibility.   

54 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Big time Baylor donor.  Probably securing some more NIL money/basketball gift before he announces he's staying 

That restaurant is a small, delicious hole in the wall that I'll likely not get to frequent as often now with all their new free advertising.   

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

There are quite a few West and Southside SA restaurants that I have frequented that look like that and I know that I’m in for some diarrhea or some damn good Tex Mex when the decor matches that pic.

Drew has to take the Kentucky job. It's more pressure, but the NIL money and network contracts with the conferences are too much of an advantage to pass up. He'll probably double his salary, also. Even if Baylor offered to match salary,(doubtful, since the only reason Aranda is still there is because the BMDs didn't want to pay his buyout) the admin sat on their hands and got years behind on NIL. 

Drew was always a good recruiter, but recruiting is now more transactional than persuasive, he's going to get better players at Kentucky.

There are two drawbacks for him. His family has been raised in Waco, and the pressure is intense at Kentucky. He stays at Baylor, he gets a statue when he retires. He'd have to miss the tournament several years straight to look at getting fired. At Kentucky, his last two years of going out in the second game of the tournament would have rumblings going on about him being fired.

33 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Drew has to take the Kentucky job. It's more pressure, but the NIL money and network contracts with the conferences are too much of an advantage to pass up. He'll probably double his salary, also. Even if Baylor offered to match salary,(doubtful, since the only reason Aranda is still there is because the BMDs didn't want to pay his buyout) the admin sat on their hands and got years behind on NIL. 

Drew was always a good recruiter, but recruiting is now more transactional than persuasive, he's going to get better players at Kentucky.

There are two drawbacks for him. His family has been raised in Waco, and the pressure is intense at Kentucky. He stays at Baylor, he gets a statue when he retires. He'd have to miss the tournament several years straight to look at getting fired. At Kentucky, his last two years of going out in the second game of the tournament would have rumblings going on about him being fired.

Well, except he doesn’t have to take the Kentucky job.

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That same plane headed up to NYC today. Either another pass at Hurley or….

IMG_2407.thumb.webp.1b7f440b4347a71ce0128f3a676456e8.webp

That would be so god damn funny.

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A blue blood keeps getting turned down. What does UK basketball think they are, Texas Football 2015 or Texas Baseball 2016? 

Just like in football, robust cheating doesn't set you apart anymore.   Everyone is just a program and a budget.

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Kentucky folks going full aggy.   Never go full aggy. 

Calling the restaurant.  Beefing with Chip Gaines on twitter.  Drew was like "wow, no thanks, I'm already a God in Waco." 

You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

8 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m actually loving this. Kentucky gets turned down and is gonna end up with their 6th choice. 

I guess I don't really see it that way. They have the cache to make high profile sitting coaches seriously consider a move, but there are reasons those people would stay where they're at having little to do with the status of UK's program. I'm curious if they even asked Matt Painter, I doubt he would make the move, but it wouldn't be far geographically. Now, if they end up with Travis Ford or some mid-major guy like Louisville ended up with, then I'll join in the laughter.