[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

As @immamac mentioned upthread, Sark hasn't been calling his best game thus far. He's been going away from the run at the most inopportune times and could have used a timeout to try to slow TCU's offense when Texas pass defense went invisible. 

That fumble recovery really needed to be turned into 7.

Yeah, 8pts in missed opportunities.  Lucky first FG was good

I'm seeing the same lack of energy on the defense today as at Arkansas. Just very relaxed and slow to react.

This is worse. The defense actually came out and played hard against Arkansas. The gameplay was bad and they eventually wore out and quit with the outcome assured because of offensive ineptitude, but if you go back and watch you’ll see them bringing the wood and holding Arkansas to FGs in tough spots early. They’re straight sleepwalking right now.

So far I've liked what Ash was working on building last year better than PK, but it's early and PK needs to get his guys to stop making the small mistakes. More than anything we need a DL/LB who can pressure up front and close the gap to force mistakes from the QB. Something along the line of what Parsons has done for the Cowboys D that has taken a big leap with improved speed and his ability to pressure the QB.  

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Whitt making catches kinda makes me nervous, too. He should be automatic, but damn if he doesn't miss some easy ones.

Anyway, nice catch, Whitt. 

He double catches some... One day it'll be a tip drill... Hopefully not today... Or next week.

• Like 1