[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Rewatching now

These announcers weren't that bad even though one was a sooner giggling when they show a dirty hit on Chris Simms. Right after a chicken shit penalty on Cook. 

Can't wait to watch Bijan calmly hand the ball to the official after his 3rd TD next week.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:16 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

He literally trucked a defender, dipshit. Ref spotted him a yard shorter. 

will ferrell elf GIF

Lol you sure are sensitive and also wrong. If you need evidence that Whitt is a better option than Worthy on the jet sweep at the GL just go watch the Tech game where in the same situation Whitt carried a defender into the EZ, dumbass.

22 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

When the game ended, I did not feel very good about it, but I came around on second review and I feel fine about it.

Damn, I was fucking STOKED afterwards. 

• First win in Fort Worth since 2013
  • 3rd win in 10 tries since TCU joined the conference
  • A win over TCU in our last conference road game to Fort Worth
  • A win over Patterson who treats this like his Super Bowl and knows a win over Texas basically grants him another 2-3 years at TCU and more negative recruiting ammo
Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 8

Bijan is just not of this planet, probably could’ve won the game without him

I don’t want to waste time on a complete hypothetical, because Texas did and does have Bijan, but if your analysis of the TCU game gets you here, the burnt orange tint of your glasses needs to be dialed back significantly. That was the most impressive individual effort out of a Texas football player in I have no idea how long.
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Damn, I was fucking STOKED afterwards.

Don’t get me wrong, excited about the win, but should’ve put them away mid 4th quarter and then again twice more after that. Let them back into the game instead, ended the game feeling like we limped to the finish and got it done thanks to a muffed punt and a stupid trick play fumble etc.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

the burnt orange tint of your glasses needs to be dialed back significantly.

Just felt after second watch like we were the better team, obviously Bijan had a big part in it but without him Sarkisian would’ve had to find a different way to get it done, and I thought we would’ve based on what I saw. Not trying to take anything away from Bijan, with him we were in a position to win comfortably, strangely enough, we just didn’t do it. Feel like the other backs would’ve done well too, but not as well. Would’ve needed to piece the rest together in a different way.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

12 hours ago, Zeus said:

Rewatching now

These announcers weren't that bad even though one was a sooner giggling when they show a dirty hit on Chris Simms. Right after a chicken shit penalty on Cook. 

Can't wait to watch Bijan calmly hand the ball to the official after his 3rd TD next week.

Dvoracek was giggling bc it was him who ear-holed Simms after a Sooner interception.

33 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Hopefully against ou he throws the ball in the general vicinity of our receivers.

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Sure.  And also, when he does, hopefully the receivers won't drop balls they should be catching.

You guys may have unwittingly sketched out a pretty fucking solid game plan.  How do we get this into the hands of the  coaching staff quickly?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Dvoracek was giggling bc it was him who ear-holed Simms after a Sooner interception.

Yes I know that's what I'm saying. He was like oh Sims it was 19 years ago I'm sorry bro. Fuck off he's allowed to not forgive you for being a piece of shit.

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You guys may have unwittingly sketched out a pretty fucking solid game plan.  How do we get this into the hands of the  coaching staff quickly?

Probably a banner behind a plane that says "call the touchdown play A LOT"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t want to waste time on a complete hypothetical, because Texas did and does have Bijan, but if your analysis of the TCU game gets you here, the burnt orange tint of your glasses needs to be dialed back significantly. That was the most impressive individual effort out of a Texas football player in I have no idea how long.

4th and 5.. National championship on the line 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

I wish he had a better game against TCU and hopefully that was him getting his bad game out of the way early. I’ve loved his attitude since he came in against Arky and slammed himself into those two defenders in order to score. 

Honestly he needed a game like TCU before Oklahoma as a means to show him the growth he needs. I'd rather him have that game and come out and do well vs Oklahoma instead of vice versa.

• Hook 'Em 2

On rewatch, Casey played worse than I thought as a passer and locked in on receivers even when he had time to throw. The drops didn’t help, but most of them would have required great efforts by his WRs.
I can see why Sark rode Bijan as much as he did.

The silver lining is he had time to throw. Getting Kerstetter next to Jones should also have a positive impact. I expect Casey to be up to the challenge in Dallas. He’s definitely been waiting for this moment.

• Hook 'Em 1

On rewatch, Casey played worse than I thought as a passer and locked in on receivers even when he had time to throw. The drops didn’t help, but most of them would have required great efforts by his WRs.
I can see why Sark rode Bijan as much as he did.

The silver lining is he had time to throw. Getting Kerstetter next to Jones should also have a positive impact. I expect Casey to be up to the challenge in Dallas. He’s definitely been waiting for this moment.
Patterson's defense is notoriously confusing for QBs facing it for the first time.

Colt was pretty damn good when he played TCU and had one of his worst outings in that game.

If it becomes a trend with Casey against other defenses I'll worry more, but I'm not entirely surprised if he was hesitant and not trusting his eyes. He's still in his first few starts despite his years here, and Patterson lives off confusing QBs so they don't trust their eyes.

Yes, it was smart of Sark to see that was happening and trust Bijan instead of forcing the issue.

After Patterson lost his shit over smu, I was curious to see his post game comments on Texas.

One frogs YouTube channel has been posting his post game interview each week...except this week. This week it's only players, no Patterson.

Could be nothing, but after he embarrassed himself following smu, and knowing he likely wasn't happy following our game, I found not posting the video...interesting.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:02 PM, DFW Horn said:

Yeah he was laughing about that the same way we laugh about drew kelson laying out Joel Klatt. No problem with either, it was a different time (even though both were rightfully penalized)…

On 10/5/2021 at 2:15 PM, gmr548 said:

Well Bijan isn’t going to be here for four years, nor will Zach Evans at TCU for four years, will he, Gary?

Actually we’re pretty much at the midpoint of Bijan’s UT career.

He keeps getting this many carries, we’re at the three-quarters mark of Evans’ TCU career…