[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

25 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Reffing today reminded me of the osu game with Charlie strong. Unfucking believable. I need to get used to it. Disgusting shit and I feel bad for our players

As bad as it was today, it doesn’t come close to that game. Today was just another case of shit big 12 refs. The Charlie strong game was likely rigged.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

As bad as it was today, it doesn’t come close to that game. Today was just another case of shit big 12 refs. The Charlie strong game was likely rigged.
Yep. It's the only game I've ever watched where it wasn't even questionable if a fix was on.

The number of national media outlets that reported on it afterwards was pretty surprising, actually. They tend to leave your standard poorly called game alone.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I like how people keep saying “Mensa loses this game by xx points” but Mensa hardly ever lost (nor won) games by more than a TD. I mean, he sucked and good riddance and I’ll never forgive him for not going for two against OU, but getting blown out wasn’t his thing.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

Yep. It's the only game I've ever watched where it wasn't even questionable if a fix was on.

The number of national media outlets that reported on it afterwards was pretty surprising, actually. They tend to leave your standard poorly called game alone.

National media called it out? got links?

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I hate him as much as anyone, but that sounds to me like he's saying he thinks they played better than they did last week against SMU and still lost. Which I think is accurate.

Their coverage assignments were much better. Granted they didn't have to send a lot at the OL* and they were dealing with maybe a marginally easier WR set. 

They were pretty much the same on O and had more miscues resulting in TOs. 

Granted Texas has more talent and I'd like to think is better than SMU on defense so it isn't quite apples to apples. 

Edited by ztejas

I'd have to dig them up, but recall that Walt Anderson started trending on Twitter for defending the calls in the game.

That alone got coverage for how ridiculous it was that the big 12 tried to justify the calls (particularly the foul on strong for bumping the official).

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

But once their D was gased midway through the 3rd and our D was making them earn it.

That 12 point lead was pretty dang safe.

I tried to tell people this but there's still too much PTSD. TCU couldn't afford to take 5 mins off the clock to score with the way Bijan was putting his dick all the way through their mouth from the back. Even if they got the ball back at the ~20 with 2 mins and 0 timeouts I wasn't liking their chances.

SMU actually won the exact same way last week. Up 2 scores - go into prevent - TCU cuts it to 8 - SMU picks up 2 first downs - ball game. 

And I knew they were done both times. 

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/104286/no-answers-means-no-closure-for-texas-penalty-controversy

Found this one quickly, but there were a bunch like this immediately after the game.

Fair warning, reading that will likely trigger you. Easy to forget how egregious it was.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

PK is unanimously regarded as a very good defensive coordinator regardless of what league he was in. This isn’t a debate. Perhaps this is his first year and these are the same players we’ve had on past equally shitty defenses and things aren’t changing because of said common denominator. Lot of work to be done though regardless agreed.

Correct usage of regarded. Negged. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This is how idiots think. This team couldn't hang with Georgia let alone Alabama. Wins the rest of the season get us embarrassed in the playoffs if we don't correct the mental mistakes we saw today that were enormous. Bijan saved us. Casey started to play hero ball with the drops and Sark reigned him in finished strong. We need to execute properly in the medium to long pass game or we get blown out against anyone that isn't dogshit big XII. 

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I tried to tell people this but there's still too much PTSD. TCU couldn't afford to take 5 mins off the clock to score with the way Bijan was putting his dick all the way through their mouth from the back. Even if they got the ball back at the ~20 with 2 mins and 0 timeouts I wasn't liking their chances.

SMU actually won the exact same way last week. Up 2 scores - go into prevent - TCU cuts it to 8 - SMU picks up 2 first downs - ball game. 

And I knew they were done both times. 

It wasn't PTSD. It was needing to hit a 3rd and 6 to keep TCU off the field after they just cruised 99 yards for touchdown. There's a damn good chance we lose that game if Bijan doesn't go apeshit and get 8.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We gave TCU too many chances to stay in the game. Again, lots to correct for a young staff and team. But this is totally a game Herman would lose due to his stubbornness.

qpq, roach gave us a bunch of chances to run away with the game and we didn't

they put the ball on the ground a bunch and also got that targeting call that kept us alive early

roach running back is good

i'll take bijan

i'll also prefer we get more dimensional and less bijan next week

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mwaadeeb said:

It wasn't PTSD. It was needing to hit a 3rd and 6 to keep TCU off the field after they just cruised 99 yards for touchdown. There's a damn good chance we lose that game if Bijan doesn't go apeshit and get 8.

Wow it's like you read none of my comment. The fact that he picked that up proves my point. They weren't stopping him on that drive. Just like they didn't stop SMU under identical circumstances. 

But TCU obviously plays Texas harder so you're right 🙄

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Wow it's like you read none of my comment. The fact that he picked that up proves my point. They weren't stopping him on that drive. Just like they didn't stop SMU under identical circumstances. 

But TCU obviously plays Texas harder so you're right 🙄

Your post was bullshit. 

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I was there. Didn't buy tickets to another big12 game until this year tech. Only OOC and bowls. Fuck the big 12 forever.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

qpq, roach gave us a bunch of chances to run away with the game and we didn't

they put the ball on the ground a bunch and also got that targeting call that kept us alive early

roach running back is good

i'll take bijan

i'll also prefer we get more dimensional and less bijan next week

How about the same Bijan and some defense, Casey, RoJo, and K Rob. Errybody gonna run wild on these fuckers.

4 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Your post was bullshit. 

Your argument is if something different had happened I'd be wrong. But it didn't and I was right (actually it's even weaker than that since they would have needed to score another TD which wouldn't have been a guarantee). Probably because I watched TCU do the exact same fucking thing a week ago. So fuck off with your dumbass hypotheticals. Sorry for paying attention to more than one drive at a time and examining the situation from further back. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

hey looks is mr all gas no brakes.   he can also get shitstomped by an Ark team that lost to Ga. 37-0.

every coach comes in with suboptimal players.  its usually why the previous coach got fired.  the OL and LB's are bad.  the other positions are average.

everyone in this program is in show me.  sark just happens to be the HC.

Quit being a gaping, menstruating vagina. We are far from where we want to be but we are also far from where we were last season.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just arrived home.  Before the game much was made of Fat Pat's preference for not blitzing a lot and the disparity between Casey's success against the blitz or not.  Patterson blitzed early and got Casey throwing off his back foot.  That continued even after they stopped blitzing.  Casey - like Card - has work to do on checking down to other receivers.

2 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Where's da slumpbuster train with ol' Lois at now?

You know she puts out and doesn't lose!  Lulz.

He was with a cheerleader last I checked. Not sure if he's saving it for marriage but if I had to guess... 

I'd say no. 

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Ugly win….but needed against the roaches.  Especially at their house which is one place I will not miss playing at when we move.   Always feel uneasy about our chances at their house.  They always do a good job getting their crowd up for us.  

The thing that is “up” about their crowd is the Jumbotron amplification of their crowd and band noise. 

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

The thing that is “up” about their crowd is the Jumbotron amplification of their crowd and band noise. 

Take a GOOD LOOK.

THAT will be the last sellout for that stadium until the end of time.

Bye! See ya!  Enjoy Oblivion!

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

its almost like they forgot that Zach led the option rush upwards of 10 times  blocking for Duggan on that play. 

you dont think a sub 200lb RB being forced to hit 240 LB Linebackers and 220 Lb DBs isnt gonna be tired if you keep fucking letting him block play after play, plus put up 100 yards rushing????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Your argument is if something different had happened I'd be wrong. But it didn't and I was right (actually it's even weaker than that since they would have needed to score another TD which wouldn't have been a guarantee). Probably because I watched TCU do the exact same fucking thing a week ago. So fuck off with your dumbass hypotheticals. Sorry for paying attention to more than one drive at a time and examining the situation from further back. 

If you're too insecure to admit we were in a shitty position at the end of that game and got bailed out by a bad motherfucker going apeshit, go wipe your pussy.

• Fuck You 4

I like how people keep saying “Mensa loses this game by xx points” but Mensa hardly ever lost (nor won) games by more than a TD. I mean, he sucked and good riddance and I’ll never forgive him for not going for two against OU, but getting blown out wasn’t his thing.

So we give credit to Herman for not losing by to much and surly shits on sark for not WINNING by much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

its almost like they forgot that Zach led the option rush upwards of 10 times  blocking for Duggan on that play. 

you dont think a sub 200lb RB being forced to hit 240 LB Linebackers and 220 Lb DBs isnt gonna be tired if you keep fucking letting him block play after play, plus put up 100 yards rushing????

Seriously. He was a beast today. Loved how he went all out on his blocks. 

A lot to improve but rip van winkle pansies bitching about this win last watched UT in 2010.  In 2-3 years, I would bitch about a game like this.

We are incrementally improving yet have miles to go before expecting to constantly compete with Georgia and Bama week in and week out.  Let's face reality and not be aggies.