[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

Just now, Starfleet Command said:

I can understand being upset after the targeting call, but that call was more than made up for over the course of the game. It was just a terribly ref’d game overall. 

The targeting call wasn't even bad.  It was absolutely targeting.  The frogs just like whining over everything.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

I'm not at all unhappy with the win. I am frustrated that this team didn't play to their standard. They know it, we know it. Its okay to acknowledge that. You weak bitches saying we can't hang with the top teams need to get your mind right. 

Agreed but maybe they will have some humility and hunger to also get the sooner wart off our ass. 

2 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Off the top of my head at least 30 of those personal foul yards were the purest form of BS and likely more than that.

this.  good news is we overcame the approx 14 points I predicted the refs would benefit TCU with by fucking us on calls/spots left and right.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

Not running roschon on the goal line was a really big mistake. I understand why bijan got the call, but rojo is the right back there. 

If we give it to anyone other than Bijan and we don't get it in, Sark gets absolutely crucified. Shades of Sark's former boss not handing it to Marshawn on the goal line with the Super Bowl on the line.

I was a bit bummed to see us not get creative, but if they could stop Bijan from picking up a yard twice then they deserved to get a stop. Unfortunately, they deserved to get the stop.

• Like 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

He looks like shit so far against non-pac 12 offenses. I guess we will see

PK is unanimously regarded as a very good defensive coordinator regardless of what league he was in. This isn’t a debate. Perhaps this is his first year and these are the same players we’ve had on past equally shitty defenses and things aren’t changing because of said common denominator. Lot of work to be done though regardless agreed.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Never forget guys… this will be our last trip to TCU for a long long time…

Fuck you FatPat….

Enjoy relegation back to minors where you belong. Adding you to the Big 12 was a mistake then, but now the free ride is over fuckers!

Our last trip to Fort Worth ever!

Also TCU, 

08c880ab-e82d-4e00-82b7-dece87a2afdf_scr

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Funny, but this game gave me a lot of confidence in Sark.

This.  Patterson coaches like an all-time HoF coach against us.  Sark and team faced adversity and we came out with a solid W.  Some questionable play calls, but feels to me the team is growing.  Needed to win an ugly one to continue to build confidence and experience.  Bring on the land-thieves. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

PK is unanimously regarded as a very good defensive coordinator regardless of what league he was in. This isn’t a debate. Perhaps this is his first year and these are the same players we’ve had on past equally shitty defenses and things aren’t changing because of said common denominator. Lot of work to be done though regardless agreed.

What league has he been in other than the pac? I’m not ready to fire him, but I am extremely underwhelmed

Re time outs: My whole life I've watched good coaches go an entire game without using a time out - until the very end, when they really came in handy.

Re upping our recruiting for the future: We have to have a great fucking year to get this next crop. We do that, we can avoid becoming another Aggie in the SEC. 

Bijan was beat at the end. Also, he took himself out at one point and tapped on his left quad. He needs help back there. He can't take a beating like this every week and remain standing at the end of the year. Sark kept the game too close with not nearly enough play action - which worked today almost every time he used it. Get our other backs in the show.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MIkeHoncho said:

This.  Patterson coaches like an all-time HoF coach against us.  Sark and team faced adversity and we came out with a solid W.  Some questionable play calls, but feels to me the team is growing.  Needed to win an ugly one to continue to build confidence and experience.  Bring on the land-thieves. 

What were the questionable play calls? Seems if Worthy doesn't drop every pass thrown is way, Texas would have scored a few more points. Casey and the WRs absolutely have to start hitting on the deep shots. I thought the 2 pop passes were great and opening up the middle for Bijan to exploit once TCU had started taking it away. Keilan Robinson needs more touches. He's this year's 2020 Bijan.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark kept the game too close with not nearly enough play action - which worked today almost every time he used it. Get our other backs in the show.

Actually we ran PA multiple times, the problem was every PA was then followed with a Casey deep ball.  Now maybe those were the calls but the one time we ran PA and he threw an intermediate route JWhitt housed it.  We need to get the ball to the WRs in space and let them do their thing, not throw 5 deep balls off PA (especially into triple coverage where your WR has been held and they didn't flag it)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Refs next week will be confused who is supposed to be punished for destroying the Big 12. 

lol jk, we’ll get fucked 

One team is still positioned to make the playoffs, one team isn’t. 
you think the league is ok with missing the playoffs and the payout this year just to watch the one team that is continually good enough to make the playoffs and the one team that should be that good walk away?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

We only gave up one TD after the first quarter. The defense looked ugly and absolutely needs to get better, but it did its job today for the most part. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

you think the league is ok with missing the playoffs and the payout this year just to watch the one team that is continually good enough to make the playoffs and the one team that should be that good walk away?  

KSU 7 OU 3. Could it be 3 in a row?

2 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

Evans is a beast and Duggan can be surprisingly effective inspite of his obvious limitations as a QB. I don’t think they are a top 10 offense but they are, IMO, quite good offensively. The reason they suck this season is their defense. 

Their defense didn't suck too bad this game.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

11-1 Texas makes the Playoff. OU is definitely better positioned though.

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What were the questionable play calls? Seems if Worthy doesn't drop every pass thrown is way, Texas would have scored a few more points. Casey and the WRs absolutely have to start hitting on the deep shots. I thought the 2 pop passes were great and opening up the middle for Bijan to exploit once TCU had started taking it away. Keilan Robinson needs more touches. He's this year's 2020 Bijan.

Yeah, I wanted to see more Keilan on a couple more jet sweeps for sure...  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Re time outs: My whole life I've watched good coaches go an entire game without using a time out - until the very end, when they really came in handy.

Re upping our recruiting for the future: We have to have a great fucking year to get this next crop. We do that, we can avoid becoming another Aggie in the SEC. 

Bijan was beat at the end. Also, he took himself out at one point and tapped on his left quad. He needs help back there. Bijan can't take a beating like this every week and remain standing at the end of the year. Sark kept the game too close with not nearly enough play action - which worked today almost every time he used it. Get our other backs in the show.

The other RBs have been heavily used in past games. It’ll happen again. This was a must win and he gave it to the best player on the team.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

I can understand being upset after the targeting call, but that call was more than made up for over the course of the game. It was just a terribly ref’d game overall. 

Yeah they called a shitty game, but they called shitty calls both ways at least.

TCU turned over and gave up tons of yards on the ground. They should be grateful it was close, they didn't get screwed or anything on the whole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Bijan was beat at the end. Also, he took himself out at one point and tapped on his left quad. He needs help back there. He can't take a beating like this every week and remain standing at the end of the year. Sark kept the game too close with not nearly enough play action - which worked today almost every time he used it. Get our other backs in the show.

I think we use Bijan that way next week, and then bring him back to 20 touches per game for the back half of the schedule. It is all hands on deck next week.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Win that game and we are fully still in the discussion. What?

25 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Show me what? That he can win with an absolute dogshit OL, DL, and secondary? Dude was hired in fucking January cool your jets Turbo 

hey looks is mr all gas no brakes.   he can also get shitstomped by an Ark team that lost to Ga. 37-0.

every coach comes in with suboptimal players.  its usually why the previous coach got fired.  the OL and LB's are bad.  the other positions are average.

everyone in this program is in show me.  sark just happens to be the HC.