[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

hey looks is mr all gas no brakes.   he can also get shitstomped by an Ark team that lost to Ga. 37-0.

every coach comes in with suboptimal players.  its usually why the previous coach got fired.  the OL and LB's are bad.  the other positions are average.

everyone in this program is in show me.  sark just happens to be the HC.

Even is AL wins this week, GA more than likely will be ranked #1.  They are salty a d the Arkansas QB that tore us up is all beat to shit.  

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah they called a shitty game, but they called shitty calls both ways at least.

TCU turned over and gave up tons of yards on the ground. They should be grateful it was close, they didn't get screwed or anything on the whole.

the only call I remember them getting was the DPI on them

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

11-1 Texas makes the Playoff. OU is definitely better positioned though.

Not that its going to matter, but I’m not sure that’s a slam dunk this year. If Alabama and Georgia meet undefeated in the SEC championship game, they are absolutely both getting in. Oregon is in if they win out or go 11-1. And 11-1 OSU with a loss to Oregon probably gets in over 11-1 Texas with a loss to Arkansas.

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Not that its going to matter, but I’m not sure that’s a slam dunk this year. If Alabama and Georgia meet undefeated in the SEC championship game, they are absolutely both getting in. Oregon is in if they win out or go 11-1. And 11-1 OSU with a loss to Oregon probably gets in over 11-1 Texas with a loss to Arkansas.

That's fair, but someone always picks up a surprise loss. Every single year.

16 minutes ago, touchthemonolith said:

If we give it to anyone other than Bijan and we don't get it in, Sark gets absolutely crucified. Shades of Sark's former boss not handing it to Marshawn on the goal line with the Super Bowl on the line.

I was a bit bummed to see us not get creative, but if they could stop Bijan from picking up a yard twice then they deserved to get a stop. Unfortunately, they deserved to get the stop.

I've seen enough of RoJo at the goal line that I wouldn't bitch about that at all.  now Keilan that would be an issue.

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I think we use Bijan that way next week, and then bring him back to 20 touches per game for the back half of the schedule. It is all hands on deck next week.

Actually, if Sark is smart, he'll unleash the other two on outside runs. Maybe he was holding back purposefully, saving some good stuff for OU. Stuff that worked great against Tech and Rice.There is absolutely zero reason to not give Keilan more touches.

2 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Reffing today reminded me of the osu game with Charlie strong. Unfucking believable. I need to get used to it. Disgusting shit and I feel bad for our players

how many holding calls did we have with Bijan's 120 jump cuts? I guarantee you we got away with 50

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

He did come out a lot for 15 carries 

5* RB in his prime. Nothing says franchise NFL RB like don't give me more than 15 touches.

When I first played football, there were a lot of games we almost forfeited waiting for the 11th guy to show up to field a team. Played both sides of the ball every play for 4 quarters for all but a few games that season.

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Actually, if Sark is smart, he'll unleash the other two on outside runs. Maybe he was holding back purposefully, saving some good stuff for OU. Stuff that worked great against Tech and Rice.There is absolutely zero reason to not give Keilan more touches.

If Sark was saving anything when we damn near got beat he should be fired, this is just as stupid as someone posting Gary was saving something last week while losing to SMU.

6 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Coming into the game I didn’t care how or how much we won by today. This may be the last time we ever play frog (hopefully) and beating them on their own field after the last 8 years or so, to leave that fat fuck with a permanent taste of Longhorn dick in his mouth seems appropriate.

i like the cut of your jib

• Hook 'Em 2

I agree that it would've been nice to rest Bijan some before OU. Hopefully he's able to get fresh this week.

That said, Roschon seemed to be struggling a bit with their run defense (he tends to wait for blocks to open up and tcu was on him quickly today) and Keilan has coughed up the ball a couple of times.

In those circumstances, and with Casey's trend of hitting TCU defenders in the hands today, riding Bijan was the right choice to win this game.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

Reffing today reminded me of the osu game with Charlie strong. Unfucking believable. I need to get used to it. Disgusting shit and I feel bad for our players

Prob is the south will rise again refs will probably get us in the SEC SEC SEC nation too.

2 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

If Sark was saving anything when we damn near got beat he should be fired, this is just as stupid as someone posting Gary was saving something last week while losing to SMU.

It’s a time honored tradition that Texas hides half the offense until OU week. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Damn near got beat?  The game wasn't seriously in doubt since midway through the 3rd quarter.

Short of us self distructing, the game was well in hand.

I support going for it in 3rd and 4th and goal.  

Edited by TexasRenegade

18 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

This same crew did a pretty decent job earlier this year.  Seems like the B12 gave them their orders and they carried them out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Cincy leading 17-0 at halftime in South Bend.  They win there isn't really a lot left to test them from toppling the system.

Just SMU and they get us at home and they should win. UCF is down. Navy is down. They avoid UH. Everyone else is garbo. Tulane and/or Tulsa could maybe give them a chippy scare but they will be double digit favorites in every game - probably including SMU. 

They may have to beat SMU twice - though. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1