[Surly Official] Texas @ TCU Game Thread - 11am on ABC

Pancho

45 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

It wasn't PTSD. It was needing to hit a 3rd and 6 to keep TCU off the field after they just cruised 99 yards for touchdown. There's a damn good chance we lose that game if Bijan doesn't go apeshit and get 8.

Negged for suggesting Bijan wasn't going to get 6 fucking yards. GTFO with that weak bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'd have to dig them up, but recall that Walt Anderson started trending on Twitter for defending the calls in the game.

That alone got coverage for how ridiculous it was that the big 12 tried to justify the calls (particularly the foul on strong for bumping the official).

yep because the official(lubbutt guy if I remember) is the one the bumped Charlie

• Rage+1 1

I'm liking Sark. I think he's better than Herman. Whether or not he can hit Peak Mack levels remains to be seen (hard to do, because Peak Mack is a legend).
There's a notable difference in the quality of play over early Strong/Herman games.

When I get frustrated, I keep reminding myself that for great coaches the first half of the first season is likely the worst their teams will ever look. If that's true for sark, bright times ahead.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'd have to dig them up, but recall that Walt Anderson started trending on Twitter for defending the calls in the game.

That alone got coverage for how ridiculous it was that the big 12 tried to justify the calls (particularly the foul on strong for bumping the official).

Sorry, I thought you were talking about this game.

10 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

I didn’t get to watch the game live so I recorded it. I’m happy we won but how much whiskey is it going to take to get through it. 

You will enjoy the middle of the game, but even that was frustrating on many levels.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got home from the game about 30 mins ago..my takeaways
1. Rojo- good
2. Bijan- GREATNESS
3. Keilan Robinson- fast as fuck..saved a TD on Special teams and generally makes good things happen
4. Casey- needs to learn touch on deep balls, defense and frog ineptitude saved him today.
5. Big 12 refs- love to disrupt the flow of the game, but at least were somewhat fair.
6. All Big 12 teams/fanbases- none have their own hand sign, UT should sue all of them for royalties.
7. Frog has some high quality talent on campus, better than on the field.
8. Defense has some good players, also some mediocre players who need to learn to shed blocks, tackle, take good angles and cover deep. Did just enough good things to make up for inconsistent offense.
9. Fuck you Fatterson..your gravy train is leaving, enjoy our parting gift.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

There's a notable difference in the quality of play over early Strong/Herman games.

When I get frustrated, I keep reminding myself that for great coaches the first half of the first season is likely the worst their teams will ever look. If that's true for sark, bright times ahead.

agreed that the overall quality of play seems better.  the penalties and red zone today gave me some PTSD, though.

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

TCU could say the same thing. Their defense is at least making the Texas offense work. TCU is going to score 40+ with ease. Texas is going to have to score 50 to have any sort of chance to win.

Did they score 40+ easily? I love our prediction makers. 

this is where I had to stop following this thread cause I got a phone call and knew I couldn’t catch back up. So this is why I quoted you, in case you were wondering. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We need to figure out the WR position because they didn't help Casey today minus the great play by Jordan. Maybe stop trying to force things into Worthy until he's consistent. We need more TE action. I hope Sark has something designed for Kellian Robinson next week. That's the kind of a game breaking speed we need out there against OU. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

We need to figure out the WR position because they didn't help Casey today minus the great play by Jordan. Maybe stop trying to force things into Worthy until he's consistent. We need more TE action. I hope Sark has something designed for Kellian Robinson next week. That's the kind of a game breaking speed we need out there against OU. 

Agree on Keilan. Tough to take the ball out of Bijan’s hands, but Keilan needs more than the DJ Monroe package.

agreed that the overall quality of play seems better.  the penalties and red zone today gave me some PTSD, though.
Some of the penalties were Big12 bullshit that wont be called in the SEC..but at least they tossed bullshit both ways for the most part.

Just now, ousux said:
6 minutes ago, texifornia said:
Yeah once you see the replays you're not going to stick with that

Probably not, but seems like froggy got some questionable calls as well

The targeting call was ticky-tack letter-of-the-law stuff but otherwise we got fucking boned. Neither late hit was close to justified.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

What were the questionable play calls? Seems if Worthy doesn't drop every pass thrown is way, Texas would have scored a few more points. Casey and the WRs absolutely have to start hitting on the deep shots. I thought the 2 pop passes were great and opening up the middle for Bijan to exploit once TCU had started taking it away. Keilan Robinson needs more touches. He's this year's 2020 Bijan.

I didn't love the 4th down call on the goal line - I'd prefer Ro-Cat there.   Also a few times in the 3rd when they were selling out on middle runs, I thought there were some opportunities to get K.Robinson involved on the edge a bit more.  Agree, reminding Worthy to wipe the KY off his hands before going in the game would be a good idea.  

The targeting call was ticky-tack letter-of-the-law stuff but otherwise we got fucking boned. Neither late hit was close to justified.
The call on Anthony Cook was straight bullshit. Even frogs near me couldnt believe it was called. Not sure if he actually hit Duggan until I watch the replay..but in person appeared he stumbled but didnt even land on him.

49 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Negged for suggesting Bijan wasn't going to get 6 fucking yards. GTFO with that weak bullshit. 

Ha, figured he would get it. But after he just got stuffed twice on the goal lone, it wasn't P-fucking-TSD to have concerns when he got hit by two guys at the LOS before doing some his crazy mustard.

15 minutes ago, ousux said:
18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The call on Anthony Cook was straight bullshit. Even frogs near me couldnt believe it was called. Not sure if he actually hit Duggan until I watch the replay..but in person appeared he stumbled but didnt even land on him.

he was on the ground and kind of lowered his head when Duggan slid into him.  his facemask hit duggan's helmet.  they called personal foul instead of targeting because it can't be reviewed.

1 hour ago, mwaadeeb said:

If you're too insecure to admit we were in a shitty position at the end of that game and got bailed out by a bad motherfucker going apeshit, go wipe your pussy.

You don’t ever enjoy wins do you? I bet you’re fun at parties 

17 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Ha, figured he would get it. But after he just got stuffed twice on the goal lone, it wasn't P-fucking-TSD to have concerns when he got hit by two guys at the LOS before doing some his crazy mustard.

Little different situation being at the goal line where you can focus all your attention in a small area than in the middle of the field.  Come on man 

Just now, BERT said:

Little different situation being at the goal line where you can focus all your attention in a small area than in the middle of the field.  Come on man 

So you're saying after giving up 99 yards on a drive and having a 3rd and six in our own territory after getting stuffed four plays in a row, is no cause for worry, as a fan? Are you high?

Did they score 40+ easily? I love our prediction makers. 

this is where I had to stop following this thread cause I got a phone call and knew I couldn’t catch back up. So this is why I quoted you, in case you were wondering. 

The Texas defense improved marginally in the second half and the Anthony Cook sack-fumble changed the game. Kudos to them there. But by far the biggest reason TCU didn’t hang a much larger number is their own ineptitude and QJ’s injury. Of course, I’ll take it, and I’m happy to have been wrong. But let’s not pretend the defense inspires any kind of confidence.

5 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

So you're saying after giving up 99 yards on a drive and having a 3rd and six in our own territory after getting stuffed four plays in a row, is no cause for worry, as a fan? Are you high?

Dude shut the fuck up. You've been making an ass out of yourself from the first post. You're clearly a vagina when watching games and you've been told as much by multiple posters and yet you're still going at it. Either you don't understand football at a high enough level or you do have TCU related PTSD. Take the L.

I mean you aren't even remembering the game correctly. "Stuffed four plays in a row" except we had already picked up a first down before that 3rd and 6. Go be a dumbass somewhere else. 

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Dude shut the fuck up. You've been making an ass out of yourself from the first post. You're clearly a vagina when watching games and you've been told as much by multiple posters and yet you're still going at it. Either you don't understand football at a high enough level or you do have TCU related PTSD. Take the L.

You silly little man. 

• Fuck You 5