Texas Men's Golf

texasstrong12

Thanks so much  for the updates boys. This is one of my favorite events of the sports year. I watch it every year, especially  when we’re in it. I was locked in yesterday but couldn’t watch much today because I’m in Aruba with limited YoutubeTv capabilities. But y’all kept me updated. And we fucking won the whole damn thing!!! So proud of them. Need to find highlights. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Thanks so much  for the updates boys. This is one of my favorite events of the sports year. I watch it every year, especially  when we’re in it. I was locked in yesterday but couldn’t watch much today because I’m in Aruba with limited YoutubeTv capabilities. But y’all kept me updated. And we fucking won the whole damn thing!!! So proud of them. Need to find highlights. 

image.gif.adf72a5e13ff461d5a11920c461b4353.gif

2 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Nice job men. So they can just concede the final shot? (Not a golf guy)

Yes. Vick was so close to the hole it was a formality he’d tap it in and win. Prob some weird golf gentleman’s thing 

8 minutes ago, Jambon said:

Don't forget the two National Championship in Women's Tennis singles and Men's Tennis doubles.

If you're going to count those, have to also mention the individual winners in Swimming (Drew Kibler, 400 relay, 800 relay) and Track (Men's Distance Medley Relay) too.

Just now, TrashMaster G said:

When the competition year is done, somebody needs to put together a graphic showing our championships this year and indicating how many years back you have to go to count the same number of championships for every other school in Texas.

CDC gonna need to lease space in the aggy Hall of Champions bc we must be running out of space 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Where’s the fire CDC crowd that’s always complaining?

12 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

They're still pretty vocal, especially the contingent that believes Football is the only sport that matters 

I’m not a “fire CDC” guy. I don’t know many who are. I stand by my position that he was outmatched and overtaken when it came to the football search. I also stand by my long held position that he’s done great outside of football and this is more evidence of such. Both things can be true. 

Super pumped for golf and the athletic department overall. Great fucking win today. Here’s hoping the track teams kick ass next week and make this year over the top. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Have the covid and have been quarantined so I’ve watched a lot of this the last few days. I watch a lot of pga but not much college golf at all. I’ve been surprised at how bad the putting is compared to the tour. I know that’s a huge gap but I feel like I’ve seen maybe 2 or 3 made over 15 foot and a ton of missed 4 to 8 footers. Probably more missed 4 to 5 putts than made. That said their tee to green games are really good. They all seem very consistent off the tee and on approach.

Great to see Texas win and do so well in so many sports.

https://www.kxan.com/sports-general/horns-report/texas-mens-golf-captures-ncaa-title-over-arizona-state/

“It’s hard to put into words what this feels like, it has been such a long road.” Vick said. “The Arizona State fans were pretty brutal out there, I was getting heckled quite a bit.”

Vick asked head coach John Fields to walk with him during the match because the Sun Devils fans were trying their hardest to get under his skin. Fields reminded Vick to tap into his baseball and football background — sports that are known for constant heckling and trash-talking.

“Winning a national title at Texas is very special,” Fields said. “It puts a lot of pressure on you. I’m really proud of them, my assistant coaches. The final round of medal play was the best round I’ve ever seen, and best I’ve ever coached, and it helped get us through here.”

Dear ASU fans.

FUCK YOU. 

Signed,

Travis Vick and the UT Men's Golf Team

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

Have the covid and have been quarantined so I’ve watched a lot of this the last few days. I watch a lot of pga but not much college golf at all. I’ve been surprised at how bad the putting is compared to the tour. I know that’s a huge gap but I feel like I’ve seen maybe 2 or 3 made over 15 foot and a ton of missed 4 to 8 footers. Probably more missed 4 to 5 putts than made. That said their tee to green games are really good. They all seem very consistent off the tee and on approach.

Great to see Texas win and do so well in so many sports.

Agreed. I don't think their putting is that much worse in a vacuum they just haven't played in as many high pressure situations. I mean for these kids this is like playing the back 9 of a major with the lead. 

But I had a similar thought when both teams were throwing up on themselves at various points that this ain't exactly tour golf. Which, really, just shows you how freaking good even middling tour pros are. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Agreed. I don't think their putting is that much worse in a vacuum they just haven't played in as many high pressure situations. I mean for these kids this is like playing the back 9 of a major with the lead. 

But I had a similar thought when both teams were throwing up on themselves at various points that this ain't exactly tour golf. Which, really, just shows you how freaking good even middling tour pros are. 

It’s not exactly tour golf, but we were watching multiple future tour players out there today. These kids are really fucking good. 

2 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

It’s not exactly tour golf, but we were watching multiple future tour players out there today. These kids are really fucking good. 

Some of those sand shots and chips were really salty under the pressure from both teams 

• Hook 'Em 1

Where’s the fire CDC crowd that’s always complaining?

I see your point. But cdc has nothing to do with pulling kids on the golf team. That’s totally on fields and he did well with this class.

It’s going to be a bunch of kids the next few years. Let’s hope that Fields grows them well!

1 hour ago, sidis said:

If the two track teams can get it done, we can get back to this. 

980350E7-D726-41EB-A511-C3F988558ABB.thumb.jpeg.d4fa4716ccc8b6cac069942e181171d4.jpeg

If only our fucking football and mens basketball team could put something together that the rest of our athletic dept could be proud of. 

Basketball is trending in the right direction with Beard. I have little doubt he’s going to win at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 3