Cowboys vs Giants: Week 5

Vic Mackey

2 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Played an average game and kicked their ass

We gained over 500 yards and scored 44 and it never felt like we were clicking on all cylinders. This is how good Dak and this offense is. And that's 44 with settling for FGs and turning it over inside the Giants 5.

Dallas is very fun to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

We gained over 500 yards and scored 44 and it never felt like we were clicking on all cylinders. This is how good Dak and this offense is. And that's 44 with settling for FGs and turning it over inside the Giants 5.
Dallas is very fun to watch. 

Very easily could have scored 50.

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Decided back in August to finally to bite the bullet and go see a game in person... my kids and I are very excited.

I haven't been to a Cowboys game since the Bounty Bowl 30+ years ago. I am very much looking forward to it. November 7 vs the Broncos. 

good choice the Broncos suck

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Decided back in August to finally to bite the bullet and go see a game in person... my kids and I are very excited.

I haven't been to a Cowboys game since the Bounty Bowl 30+ years ago. I am very much looking forward to it. November 7 vs the Broncos. 

Nice.  Last Cowboys game in person was the Tday game vs the Broncos during the Campo/Leaf era.  

55 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Diggs is the best second round draft pick in the history of the franchise.  I’m not sure why he was available in round 2, but he has a burst when he breaks on a ball that is elite and can’t be taught. 

I remember some post draft discussions where they said if Ceedee were gone, they may have taken Diggs in the first.   But Lamb fell in their lap and they got to draft Diggs in the 2nd.   Beautiful! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Does@futureman still hate dak?

never hated him, he just sucks. we’ll have a decent win-loss record this season and dak will put up his garbage time stats, and then we’ll lose in the divisional round, rinse repeat. anyone who disagrees can bookmark this post so they can come back to it and go fuck themselves in january. 

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Diggs is the best second round draft pick in the history of the franchise.  I’m not sure why he was available in round 2, but he has a burst when he breaks on a ball that is elite and can’t be taught. 

Mel Renfro and Larry Allen might have something to say about that!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Mel Renfro and Larry Allen might have something to say about that!

Thought Allen was later than that.  I was wrong.  Mel Renfro retired before I can remember watching games.  This kid, as a CB, gets his hands on the ball in a way I haven’t seen in a while.  He had 2 almost picks in addition to the one he got.

Edited by conVINCEd
Typo

21 minutes ago, futureman said:

never hated him, he just sucks. we’ll have a decent win-loss record this season and dak will put up his garbage time stats, and then we’ll lose in the divisional round, rinse repeat. anyone who disagrees can bookmark this post so they can come back to it and go fuck themselves in january. 

The prediction is accurate but it will (as always) be a massive defensive failure against Aaron Rodgers and have nothing to do with Dak. Maybe we’re wrong?

Also- I was walking into my area of the stadium today, scanning tickets and whatnot, and we were suddenly surrounded by the Dallas Stars. Miro almost stepped on my 5yo son. Jaime was directing the team to their seats. They looked like they were having a fantastic time. 

9 hours ago, futureman said:

high quality GIF

36 minutes ago, Underdog said:

@Soul Glo it’s another feel good Monday.  

Forgive me if I'm stepping on some inside joke or private conversation, but I do have to admit that the Cowboys' big win yesterday helped lessen the sting from the entire shitty day that Saturday turned out to be once I finally decided to go to bed. 

38 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Regarding Dak, I didn’t think it was smart to bury the salary cap with a Dak contract, but right now he’s playing at an ELITE level, Top 5. Keep that up (or close) and his contract isn’t that onerous.

And when the salary cap goes up by 25% next year, it won't be as onerous.  

• Hook 'Em 1