Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Cinematographer, Wounds Director

atomheartbevo

Why is the myth that “everyone is treating AB with kid gloves” so important to you? I mean, you’re faced with direct evidence to the contrary in multiple posts in this very thread, yet you continue to state it and restate it as if repetition will make it true…it’s fascinating to watch, really. You so desperately need and want it to be the case that you simply disregard all contrary evidence. That’s the thing we’re all staring at right now - you, acting completely delusional.

Hey man not sure what I did to get your panties all pushed in your vag. Jesus. When I say everyone is running interference for AB Im not necessarily talking just here on surly. Is that okay with you? Check the news media and social media. Yes posters here are hashing out the particulars. I get it. I think AB has responsibility here, criminal,and civil. He was cross drawing for practice and pulled the trigger for some reason. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. You might be on his team of lawyers.
I dont give a shit really. I do know that this guy loves to poke fun at everyone for their fucking up. Loves to bash police for supposedly murdering innocent people. Now the tables are turned and his crocodile tears are coming off as disingenuous. At least to me but obviously not you.
Hey thats ok. But by all means pile on more.
Doesnt change the fact that a pos killed someone.
I dont know AB or even really give a shit cause I didnt know the victims.
Why is it so personal to you when I give my opinion.
I also have been around guns all my life and cant for the life of me see how this could happen. But, its apparent that AB didnt know guns and his antigun stance is well known. But Ill be damned there he was using those evil guns in a movie to cash in and oops pulled the trigger and shot someone.

Hey man not sure what I did to get your panties all pushed in your vag. Jesus. When I say everyone is running interference for AB Im not necessarily talking just here on surly. Is that okay with you? Check the news media and social media. Yes posters here are hashing out the particulars. I get it. I think AB has responsibility here, criminal,and civil. He was cross drawing for practice and pulled the trigger for some reason. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers. You might be on his team of lawyers.
I dont give a shit really. I do know that this guy loves to poke fun at everyone for their fucking up. Loves to bash police for supposedly murdering innocent people. Now the tables are turned and his crocodile tears are coming off as disingenuous. At least to me but obviously not you.
Hey thats ok. But by all means pile on more.
Doesnt change the fact that a pos killed someone.
I dont know AB or even really give a shit cause I didnt know the victims.
Why is it so personal to you when I give my opinion.
I also have been around guns all my life and cant for the life of me see how this could happen. But, its apparent that AB didnt know guns and his antigun stance is well known. But Ill be damned there he was using those evil guns in a movie to cash in and oops pulled the trigger and shot someone.

Your ability to repeatedly make my point for me is pretty handy, I’ll give you that.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

But Ill be damned there he was using those evil guns in a movie to cash in

movie star for 35 years, 7 seasons on a syndicated broadcast network sitcom, but yeah, you nailed him - indie westerns with zero additional stars, that’s where the real money is. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's absolutely tragic what has happened.  I feel for the family (especially the child) and I also feel for Baldwin even if I don't like him as a person.  I can't imagine how it would feel to accidentally take someone's life.  He will have to live with that for the rest of his life.  I doubt there will ever be a time when what happened isn't right there on his mind.  That being said, when you've spent the amount of time spiking footballs on people (rightly or wrongly does not matter), don't be surprised when a football gets spiked on you when the chance arises. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RPM said:

Why am I not surprised that what should be a 2 maybe 3 page thread is on page 11?

Good point.  You gotta give the Gun Safety Experts 5 pages.  Then you gotta give the Hollywood Experts 5 pages.  The rest of us get 1 page.  

Pretty fucked up though that a mass shooting in America gets maybe 3 pages on this board.  Alec Baldwin and a movie set tragedy get 11 and counting.  Look at how innocuous we find most shootings nowadays, and how others stand out to us.  Media is also at fault on this.  I was driving up to North Austin yesterday, listening to satellite news radio.  With traffic, it was well over 20 minutes.  I didn't realize until I arrived that they had been talking about this movie set death since I left my garage.  

I know we're on a different timeline though in this country because here's a high profile shooting all over the media and message boards and social media.  And we haven't discussed background checks, mental health, and nobody has said, "Now is not the time!"  The Simulation is slipping.

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

It's absolutely tragic what has happened.  I feel for the family (especially the child) and I also feel for Baldwin even if I don't like him as a person.  I can't imagine how it would feel to accidentally take someone's life.  He will have to live with that for the rest of his life.  I doubt there will ever be a time when what happened isn't right there on his mind.  That being said, when you've spent the amount of time spiking footballs on people (rightly or wrongly does not matter), don't be surprised when a football gets spiked on you when the chance arises. 

So you know him personally?

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

This thread is a good indication that the off season has set in already.

f the offseason

Because our defense gives up more unnecessary explosive plays than a Rust Armorer?  

(too soon?)

18 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

no, you wouldn't.  you don't have that kind of agency. 

sure, maybe things differ when someone is a big star, or if there's a sloppy indie production going on - but actors don't start fucking with guns in any way when they're handed a "cold gun", regardless of ones upbringing. 

look at it the other way - let's say one of those random actors where you know his face but he's not a big deal was in a scene.  the armorer, propmaster, or first ad handed him a gun and said "cold gun" and he decided to pop open the cylinder, but instead the gun went off and plugged a gaffer or grip or pa in the leg.

the entire world would be yelling at the guy - "you hold the gun, hit your mark, and say your fucking line, you do not have any other latitude, you have no freedoms, you do what you're told."  people would be saying "do you believe this fucking guy?  so glad he got fired on the spot."  like i said earlier, if an actor does anything other than what he's told, people would be up his ass. 

i have a few actor friends including one of my best friends, and he's been in a bunch of stuff including several times where he's held and operated a prop gun.  i hear stories from him and other actors constantly about the unusual state of a film or tv set.  there was one time where a lamp interfered with him getting up and rotating around a desk - he kept bumping into it.  he tried to move it a little, and 3 different union guys stepped in and were like "you stand still, don't touch anything".  the propmaster came and handled the lamp and the gaffer and electrician came to fix the lighting and cords attached to it.  then the production designer's assistant came and made her own changes.  these stories are very common.

actors, unlike corporations, are not people.  they are props, same as the gun.

not everyone is keanu reeves and not every movie is john wick.  this is time-consuming, expensive, and very very rare. 

you think some random guest star robbing a bank in an episode of the rookie gets weeks of training?  

You are showing your ignorance here. Any experienced gun owner WOULD check the fucking cylinder or chamber on a handgun that was merely handed to them. 

1 minute ago, immortal13 said:

He was completely in charge of that gun when it was in his fucking hands. Unfortunately for that woman, AB is a loudmouth imbecile who shouldn't have the right to possess or even handle a firearm. 

Ah c'mon man...where's your sense of American 2A pride?  We've let far more imbecilic people have far more access to far more firepower.  He is a loudmouth though.  But fuck if he isn't one of the ten funniest people I've ever met.

Just now, Lobo said:

Ah c'mon man...where's your sense of American 2A pride?  We've let far more imbecilic people have far more access to far more firepower.  He is a loudmouth though.  But fuck if he isn't one of the ten funniest people I've ever met.

Lobo you've already proven yourself a fool in regard to guns on other threads. Maybe you should bow out of this discussion and go stand over with the women and children. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Lobo you've already proven yourself a fool in regard to guns on other threads. Maybe you should bow out of this discussion and go stand over with the women and children. 

Oh thanks tough guy.  I was so worried I wouldn’t measure up in your eyes despite my NRA rating.  God I admire you.  You have the weirdest set of goals 

Pardon my asshole-ness.  I forget how much of your identity is tied to hatred and vitriol.  You should take my firearms safety course.  I’ll send you a coupon 

Edited by Lobo

Hollywood has fired millions of blank rounds in the course of filming TV and movies and there have been 3 deaths. This was a tragic accident that resulted from a series of huge mistakes. It's not indicative of an actual widespread problem.

Conservatives are desperate here, and it's a stinky cologne.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

You are showing your ignorance here. Any experienced gun owner WOULD check the fucking cylinder or chamber on a handgun that was merely handed to them. 

What exactly would you be checking? While some blanks are crimped without a bullet, and so they look different than live ammo, other 'Inert Ammo'  looks identical to real ammo including with a dummy primer.  A visual check buys you nothing.    

What’s he going to check, that they did in fact load it?  Being loaded with dummy rounds was the point so he didn’t point an obviously empty gun at the camera.  Was he to pull each round and shake test it for the sound of a dummy round?  
it’s a different world. Which is why my argument is you go even further with other aspects of safety. 

‘Gun owner’?  Now Alec Baldwin owns the guns on set?  You are a truly a magician among retards.  How are you not a senator yet?

3 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Ok experienced gun user. Is that better? Tell us again how you handle your "weapon" ... I love that story

Dude, I just wanna be awesome like you. 

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What’s he going to check, that they did in fact load it?  Being loaded with dummy rounds was the point so he didn’t point an obviously empty gun at the camera.  Was he to pull each round and shake test it for the sound of a dummy round?  
it’s a different world. Which is why my argument is you go even further with other aspects of safety. 

JFc...Visually check the actual bullets. You realize they don't look the same, right? Of course you do 🤣