Your favorite one hit wonder

VABuckeye

Love his guitar solo in this song.  Mickey Thomas (Jefferson Starship, etc.) on vocals.

Think they had another song that made the top 40, so maybe technically not a OHW.  But this is the song that 99.9% of us would identify with them. 

Don't think she had another hit.  At least I don't know of it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yer a good egg, Tor.  I saw your apology re: Cheap Trick above and it warmed my heart.  It also led me to call off the impending hit I had ordered.

Pffft, hit schmit.  I've been shot at by a lot better ones than these Whyos.   Brang it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:05 AM, tigol said:

This might be mine too.

They never had anything else.  period.  and this song kicked so much ass.  Still love it to this day.

Just the opening riff makes me say, "Fuck yeah!  let's go!"

On 10/25/2021 at 1:47 PM, Chad Fuck said:

I know they had their follow up hit, but really, c'mon.  I love this song.  Still do.  It's like an English Prog Rock "Funny How Time Slips Away."  My cousins were in high school at the time and played it incessantly every time we hung out over there.  Video was badass for the time too.  Shit blowing up, gated reverb, synthesizers.  Everything that made the 80s great.

In a similar vein, what about this one?  I went through a nostalgic 80s phase recently and recalled how much I loved hearing this one at the Roto Disco at Six Flags.  She had a ton of hits in her old band, but as far as I know, only this one solo.  

Fuckin' A.  Chad Fucks.  RIP Roto Disco.

12 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

Somewhat interesting... SIAP“Into the Night” is the only three time one-hit wonder song: 1980, 1989 and 2019

https://www.goldminemag.com/news/one-hit-wonders-in-memoriam-benny-mardones

12 hours ago, smuggs said:

It's also hands-down the creepiest music video of all time.

I’ve never seen this video, nor do I recall ever knowing the lyrics, but the tune sounds vaguely familiar. 

Just a guy approaching middle age who is looking to hook up with a high school sophomore. The dad understood, but wasn’t going to let it happen, so he was just dismissive rather than angry.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:01 AM, Underdog said:

Frankie Comes To Hollywood - Relax?

Funny story about this song.  When I got married, I was put in charge of the play list for the reception.  I put this as the 8th or so song on the list.  I then told a bunch of friends to be aware of a "funny" song I put in just for them.  It was actually "A Man's World" by James Brown at #11.  Relax comes on and they all start cracking up.  I had no idea what the joke was until someone told me to actually listen to the lyrics.  Surprise!

• Hook 'Em 2