Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

7 minutes ago, canadianhorn21 said:

According to Roach Billy wants to play offence now

Ah because receiver recruiting has been so good for us this year.if Herman and co didn’t tell him he could play whatever position he fucking wants to they are even dumber than I thought...which is saying something 

• Hook 'Em 1

I posted this on Saturday after the game....I had a feeling this was coming. Sanders is next. 

On 10/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, Bruh Man said:

Bet we lost LJ and Shemar today. Also, wouldn't be surprised if we ultimately don't get the Denton Ryan duo. This program is still a clusterfuck. 

Edited by Bruh Man

Roach on the Bowman situation/if he expects Sanders to follow:

Spoiler

The 2021 class was dealt a huge blow this evening when Denton Ryan athlete Billy Bowman decommitted from Texas. I was able to exchange messages with him and he told me that right now he's just examining his options and Texas is still on the table. While the chances are still there, it's rare that a decommitted player comes back to his original commitment.

— What was the cause? I was told that Bowman told several people near him that he didn't see himself playing defense at the next level and wanted to play offense. I was told this was communicated to the Texas staff as well when he decommitted. Texas was ready to offer him the chance to play offense, but Bowman had concerns about the explosive ability of the Texas offense despite the fact they are one of the highest-scoring offenses in the country.

— The school to watch is Oklahoma. We've documented many times that Bowman's girlfriend is enrolled at Oklahoma, and I recently learned he has family in the Norman area as well. When Oklahoma offered, Bowman posted the offer which he hasn't done with any others. I would bet the Sooners are in strong consideration going forward for him.

— I would never say never in recruiting, but those I talked to near Ja'Tavion Sanders don't expect him to be swayed by this. I was told that Sanders is much different and isn't influenced very much by Bowman. While Bowman remained in contact with a few other schools, Sanders shut it down and hasn't talked to anyone. Of course, our radars will be on for every commit in the class, but as of now, I don't see a reason for concern there.

— I'm not sure yet if this falls in line with what I'm about to say next, but I was told that a bunch of schools reached out to Texas commits in the last week to push the narrative of Tom Herman's seat getting hot and try to pry loose a good part of the class. Between these coaches, the national narrative and fans on social media and message boards, recruits are a little more on edge. I don't believe anyone is imminent to decommit at this moment, but it's something we will be watching for. Texas really needs to turn the perception around starting this weekend in Dallas.

He also added this in the thread: BTW, I was told the lines of communication between Texas and Bowman are still open and Bowman is still in the recruit group chat for now.

Edited by Mason Ramsey

Undefeated...

"The school to watch is Oklahoma. We've documented many times that Bowman's girlfriend is enrolled at Oklahoma, and I recently learned he has family in the Norman area as well. When Oklahoma offered, Bowman posted the offer which he hasn't done with any others. I would bet the Sooners are in strong consideration going forward for him.

Duh...

"Texas really needs to turn the perception around starting this weekend in Dallas."

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Hide contents

The 2021 class was dealt a huge blow this evening when Denton Ryan athlete Billy Bowman decommitted from Texas. I was able to exchange messages with him and he told me that right now he's just examining his options and Texas is still on the table. While the chances are still there, it's rare that a decommitted player comes back to his original commitment.

— What was the cause? I was told that Bowman told several people near him that he didn't see himself playing defense at the next level and wanted to play offense. I was told this was communicated to the Texas staff as well when he decommitted. Texas was ready to offer him the chance to play offense, but Bowman had concerns about the explosive ability of the Texas offense despite the fact they are one of the highest-scoring offenses in the country.

— The school to watch is Oklahoma. We've documented many times that Bowman's girlfriend is enrolled at Oklahoma, and I recently learned he has family in the Norman area as well. When Oklahoma offered, Bowman posted the offer which he hasn't done with any others. I would bet the Sooners are in strong consideration going forward for him.

— I would never say never in recruiting, but those I talked to near Ja'Tavion Sanders don't expect him to be swayed by this. I was told that Sanders is much different and isn't influenced very much by Bowman. While Bowman remained in contact with a few other schools, Sanders shut it down and hasn't talked to anyone. Of course, our radars will be on for every commit in the class, but as of now, I don't see a reason for concern there.

— I'm not sure yet if this falls in line with what I'm about to say next, but I was told that a bunch of schools reached out to Texas commits in the last week to push the narrative of Tom Herman's seat getting hot and try to pry loose a good part of the class. Between these coaches, the national narrative and fans on social media and message boards, recruits are a little more on edge. I don't believe anyone is imminent to decommit at this moment, but it's something we will be watching for. Texas really needs to turn the perception around starting this weekend in Dallas.

He also added this in the thread: BTW, I was told the lines of communication between Texas and Bowman are still open and Bowman is still in the recruit group chat for now.

It’s the fan’s fault y’all!!  

15 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Reveal hidden contents

bruh what i got kicked out & this opp mike roach gets gc info now 

2020 is weird 

• Fuck You 1

Let the dude play WR. Shit, we need all the help we can get. I'm sure Washington is thinking about hitting the portal. We have Brennan one great play a game starting. Smith can't seem to catch a simple pass. Fuck I hate this year. Lost my dad, my 14 year old best friend dog is doing horrible, Texas sucks again. Fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Let the dude play WR. Shit, we need all the help we can get. I'm sure Washington is thinking about hitting the portal. We have Brennan one great play a game starting. Smith can't seem to catch a simple pass. Fuck I hate this year. Lost my dad, my 14 year old best friend dog is doing horrible, Texas sucks again. Fuck. 

you still have us ❤️

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15640126

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

33 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sorry about your Dad and your dog, dude. 

When going through a tough time, it would have been nice to have had some good Saturdays to look forward to ... let's hope things change beginning with OU.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Sorry about your Dad and your dog, dude. 

When going through a tough time, it would have been nice to have had some good Saturdays to look forward to ... let's hope things change beginning with OU.

I seriously appreciate your kind words. Even on this site that mean a lot. Thank you 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 8:19 PM, texashorn13 said:

I don't know whether he took anything off IG or not, BUT, Bowman is listening to OU.  His decision will come down to which staff sells him best on how they plan to use him (he wants an opportunity to play both sides of the ball).  One staff has told him he's only playing one side, the other staff is selling him on an opportunity for both.  There is a cause for concern, albeit a small one right now.

I told y'all in July...page 367

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Texas was ready to offer him the chance to play offense, but Bowman had concerns about the explosive ability of the Texas offense despite the fact they are one of the highest-scoring offenses in the country.

#1 in the nation in ppg and Ehlinger leads the nation in TDs. Just say it’s about a girl. 

7 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Get your shit together and focus on Tom not telling Billy he could play any position he wants.

Tom told him exactly that long ago. This isn’t about offense or defense. It’s about a girl. 

https://www.hookem.com/story/20200402/dotted-line-texas-commit-billy-bowman-jr-safety-wide-receiver-dad-weighs/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

#1 in the nation in ppg and Ehlinger leads the nation in TDs. Just say it’s about a girl. 

Tom told him exactly that long ago. This isn’t about offense or defense. It’s about a girl. 

Actually has very little to do with it.  OU has been pushing the offense part, and that's where his heart is at.  Match that with their recent record of putting offensive players in the league, is it really that hard to imagine this happening?

39 minutes ago, Goodman said:

WTF is going on here? Get your shit together and focus on Tom not telling Billy he could play any position he wants. He'd be our best KR & PR, top 3 WR, DB is likely the position that would take him the longest to play. 

Because it was an excuse. He just wants to fuck his girlfriend every night.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

Actually has very little to do with it.  OU has been pushing the offense part, and that's where his heart is at.  Match that with their recent record of putting offensive players in the league, is it really that hard to imagine this happening?

Mmmm nah it’s about pussy.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, texashorn13 said:

No, it’s not hard to imagine at all and I know you know the situation very well. 

But it’s also not hard to imagine that he’s missing his girl and that she’s at OU and the distance has now become very real since she moved in back in mid-August. Occam’s Razor and all that. 

I mean, Yurcich has been Texas OC for 3 games, he had no spring practices, and still his QB leads the nation in TDs and the team leads the nation at 51 ppg. It’s the only part of the team worth acknowledging.