(8) OU @ (13) BU - FOX 11:00

El Diablo

Just now, BearSchlong said:

Uhhh still don't see your point. Covid year.

And if you don't think Aranda is the shit your football IQ is negative. Fucker can coach.

You have a bunch of upper class talent and brought in key transfers in his second offseason. Good for you.  It’s a model of what Texas should expect, instead of bitching and moaning. Texas had a late hire and is near the bottom in returning starts. 

You take year 1 lumps sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, alphahorn said:

this is what's truly amazing. They've aced the head coaching hire repeatedly

This.  They also have a collection of talent that wasn't god's gift since the 7th grade.  We should be looking a lot more for the high 3 and esepcially 4 stars that only became known quantities their Jr, maybe even Sr year.  These are kids who have not spent 6-7 years getting their asses kissed and just being bigger/stronger/faster than everybody.  They know how to work, they've faced doubt and adversity in middle school/early HS and they are a shitload tougher mentally.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think js1 was questioning Aranda so much as our fanbase.

Thank you. It’s not about Aranda. It’s about our fan base creaming over Aranda without seeing similarity between Baylor 2020 and Texas 2021. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

This.  They also have a collection of talent that wasn't god's gift since the 7th grade.  We should be looking a lot more for the high 3 and esepcially 4 stars that only became known quantities their Jr, maybe even Sr year.  These are kids who have not spent 6-7 years getting their asses kissed and just being bigger/stronger/faster than everybody.  They know how to work, they've faced doubt and adversity in middle school/early HS and they are a shitload tougher mentally.  

yessir.  we need to recruit dogs. I think our staff, particularly our defensive staff gets this

1 minute ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I’ll give the refs credit, at least they seem to be calling this game straight up.  

the holding call on the run that wasn't called against KU told me they aren't looking to help OU.  just calling it normal.  maybe the rig 12 knows OU isn't gonna make the playoff and is fine with pushing the teams that will stay.

Thank you. It’s not about Aranda. It’s about our fan base creaming over Aranda without seeing similarity between Baylor 2020 and Texas 2021. 
Gotcha, apologies. Im fucking ripped to the gills amped up right now and ready to run out on the field and hit someone. Beating OU makes me feel like King Kong.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will say the one big difference is Baylor got to quietly go 2-7 last year.  They are fucking Baylor, when they are busy going 2-7 nobody is saying "what the fuck is wrong with Baylor?"  It doesn't excuse everything by a damn sight but the luxury of a school like that is you can quietly suck ass.