Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

I posted this elsewhere, but figured it belongs here as well for anyone who's stupid co-workers are trumpeting about our shitty conference, our shitty time slots, and no one watching our "shitty" games:

I'm not a math guy, but thankfully excel makes life easy. So lets just go ahead and blow this fucking bullshit about eyeballs in the Big 12 vs. the SEC right out of the fucking water. Or at the very least, lets go ahead and examine the general drawing power of our program versus their program, regardless of network. First, lets go ahead and get my source of this information out of the way: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Total # of Viewers for the entire 2018 season, including championship games and bowls (all #s in Millions, including streaming where reported):

Texas: 54.401 
aTm: 27.081 

Total # of regular Season viewers, removing bowl games and championship games:

Texas: 30.804
aTm: 21.939

Average Viewers Per Game:

Texas: 4.185
aTm: 3.009

Average Viewers Per Game Removing CCGs and Bowls:

Texas: 2.8
aTm: 2.74

So by EVERY fucking metric, be it total viewers, average viewers, removing CCGs (Because aTm sucks and played in none) as well as bowl viewing (because aTm played in a shittier one with less appeal) Texas comes out ahead. Fuck, if you want to grab the aTm narrative of shitty TV contracts, and shitty networks, and shitty start times, hell, we whipped their ass despite an overwhelming handicap. So fuck them. And it gets even more interesting. That webpage, only listed 8 regular season televised games, versus 10 for UT. Now, is that because aTm plays 2 fucking pathetic non P5 out of conference games? Of course it fucking does, and of course that's fucking why. Games against Nichols St and the Northwestern State Gaping Pussies weren't listed. So while that might have brought their totals down a bit, it sure as mother fuck would have brought their average viewers per game down even fucking more. 

Other fun facts: 13.3 million folks watched the Sugar Bowl, 10.3 million watched the B12 title game. aTm's highest viewed game of the season? Alabama at 5.65 million. Their second is the Gator Bowl at 5.142 million. Clemson was 4.48. aTm vs alabama did beat the Red River Shootout 5.65 to 5.08, but one was a noon game and the other was mid day. I'll let you guess which was which, and who the primary driver of of eyeballs was in that game. 

In short, either no one wants to watch aTm as much as Texas, or no one can find them on TV as easily as Texas. Pick one. Actually, fuck it, the answer is both and everyone but those dunderheads knows the truth. 

• Like 6

• Replies 72.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

27 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Assuming this was the 94 season?

So really, they were close to not even fielding a team that year?

Well, Smith was the powder keg that would have landed them on their double-secret probation and his shit all went down while Sherrill was still there, in 1988/89, so let's figure that it would have taken a year to investigate and rule on. That means it likely would have been the 1991 team that got axed, meaning the glory years of 92-94 would have been a "rebuild from the rubble" act. 

I have to say that scenario, even though it's of a timeframe almost 30 years in the past, makes my dick hard. I was a senior in high school in 1991 and can only imagine the fucking Aggie dickslappers in my graduating class not having a fucking football team that year, or much of one to look forward to during their college years. Because believe me, A&M's football stature was a legitimate reason why kids from my HS chose to attend there. 

I'm always amazed A&M doesn't do what Penn State does and just have a sort of "wall of honor" without saying, explicitly, "wall of champions". That lets Penn State recognize its teams from the late 60s that were unbeaten and that didn't play anybody, along with later teams that were good but unrecognized (1994, 2005). 

Every school, A&M included, has teams like that. A&M subscribes to the Alabama Spirit of interpretation though. It's not enough to say "we had an unbeaten and unscored upon team in 1919", that team has to be a national champion even though there weren't any recognized bodies awarding national championships at that time and even if there had been, it would have been a two-loss Yale team or some shit. 

23 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'm always amazed A&M doesn't do what Penn State does and just have a sort of "wall of honor" without saying, explicitly, "wall of champions". That lets Penn State recognize its teams from the late 60s that were unbeaten and that didn't play anybody, along with later teams that were good but unrecognized (1994, 2005). 

Every school, A&M included, has teams like that. A&M subscribes to the Alabama Spirit of interpretation though. It's not enough to say "we had an unbeaten and unscored upon team in 1919", that team has to be a national champion even though there weren't any recognized bodies awarding national championships at that time and even if there had been, it would have been a two-loss Yale team or some shit. 

That one is easy to answer.

"Honor" is a foreign concept to aggys.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

That one is easy to answer.

"Honor" is a foreign concept to aggys.

fine, "wall of good teams", whatever. I'm still surprised they don't expand beyond "teams that literally finished on top of something no matter how trivial". The 1994 team's not on the wall, is it? Even though it was 10-0-1. 

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

fine, "wall of good teams", whatever. I'm still surprised they don't expand beyond "teams that literally finished on top of something no matter how trivial". The 1994 team's not on the wall, is it? Even though it was 10-0-1. 

Aggy is aggy but putting a team that played under probation and cannot under any interpretation claim the conference championship on the wall is probably too stupid even for them. 

Then again, they have a year on the wall for a lost-tiebreaker division leading B12 South team so who knows. I mean it would make more sense for UT to post 2008 as a conference championship than that idiocy. 

7 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"Center for Teams That Can't Play Good" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Aggy is aggy but putting a team that played under probation and cannot under any interpretation claim the conference championship on the wall is probably too stupid even for them. 

Then again, they have a year on the wall for a lost-tiebreaker division leading B12 South team so who knows. I mean it would make more sense for UT to post 2008 as a conference championship than that idiocy. 

aggys have never been creative or inventive enough to market they school or aggy athletics particularly well. It is a cultural problem also reflected in the overall architectural design of their campus lacks creativity and how they have long confused being intellectual sclerotic with being conservative.

If Texas were to do something like create a "Wall of Honor," the ags would create one in a second; insist theirs is "SEC good" and Texas' wasn't; and that they thought of the idea first.

The best thing aggy could do for their school and their athletics program is turn the leadership over top outsiders with the ability to lead. But aggys will never do that, so they will always lack leadership capable of making TAMU more than it is today. Which is essentially the same old, tired institution it always has been.

• Like 2

I posted this elsewhere, but figured it belongs here as well for anyone who's stupid co-workers are trumpeting about our shitty conference, our shitty time slots, and no one watching our "shitty" games:

I'm not a math guy, but thankfully excel makes life easy. So lets just go ahead and blow this fucking bullshit about eyeballs in the Big 12 vs. the SEC right out of the fucking water. Or at the very least, lets go ahead and examine the general drawing power of our program versus their program, regardless of network. First, lets go ahead and get my source of this information out of the way: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Total # of Viewers for the entire 2018 season, including championship games and bowls (all #s in Millions, including streaming where reported):

Texas: 54.401 
aTm: 27.081 

Total # of regular Season viewers, removing bowl games and championship games:

Texas: 30.804
aTm: 21.939

Average Viewers Per Game:

Texas: 4.185
aTm: 3.009

Average Viewers Per Game Removing CCGs and Bowls:

Texas: 2.8
aTm: 2.74

So by EVERY fucking metric, be it total viewers, average viewers, removing CCGs (Because aTm sucks and played in none) as well as bowl viewing (because aTm played in a shittier one with less appeal) Texas comes out ahead. Fuck, if you want to grab the aTm narrative of shitty TV contracts, and shitty networks, and shitty start times, hell, we whipped their ass despite an overwhelming handicap. So fuck them. And it gets even more interesting. That webpage, only listed 8 regular season televised games, versus 10 for UT. Now, is that because aTm plays 2 fucking pathetic non P5 out of conference games? Of course it fucking does, and of course that's fucking why. Games against Nichols St and the Northwestern State Gaping Pussies weren't listed. So while that might have brought their totals down a bit, it sure as mother fuck would have brought their average viewers per game down even fucking more. 

Other fun facts: 13.3 million folks watched the Sugar Bowl, 10.3 million watched the B12 title game. aTm's highest viewed game of the season? Alabama at 5.65 million. Their second is the Gator Bowl at 5.142 million. Clemson was 4.48. aTm vs alabama did beat the Red River Shootout 5.65 to 5.08, but one was a noon game and the other was mid day. I'll let you guess which was which, and who the primary driver of of eyeballs was in that game. 

In short, either no one wants to watch aTm as much as Texas, or no one can find them on TV as easily as Texas. Pick one. Actually, fuck it, the answer is both and everyone but those dunderheads knows the truth. 

What is this "Red River Shootout" thing you speak of?

Well, Smith was the powder keg that would have landed them on their double-secret probation and his shit all went down while Sherrill was still there, in 1988/89, so let's figure that it would have taken a year to investigate and rule on. That means it likely would have been the 1991 team that got axed, meaning the glory years of 92-94 would have been a "rebuild from the rubble" act. 
I have to say that scenario, even though it's of a timeframe almost 30 years in the past, makes my dick hard. I was a senior in high school in 1991 and can only imagine the fucking Aggie dickslappers in my graduating class not having a fucking football team that year, or much of one to look forward to during their college years. Because believe me, A&M's football stature was a legitimate reason why kids from my HS chose to attend there. 
Whatever aggy boy

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

26e565fdbcf7b2d8d05935e927426d5b.jpg

What would his one-word answer be, if asked "Who do you root for?"

Mine would be "Texas" and everyone would immediately know what that meant. If he were to say "A&M", everyone would know what that meant, and keep their distance appropriately. But if you're one of those DERP TEXAS AGGIES!!! types, how the fuck you gon answer that question? 

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

What would his one-word answer be, if asked "Who do you root for?"

Mine would be "Texas" and everyone would immediately know what that meant. If he were to say "A&M", everyone would know what that meant, and keep their distance appropriately. But if you're one of those DERP TEXAS AGGIES!!! types, how the fuck you gon answer that question? 

Similar to Looch's business model, there is a subset of aggy that know if they go full aggy like that, they never have to pay or wait in line for sheep or glory holes.