• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Just for grins, I looked up all aggy conference records in the big three sports since their 100 year decision (2012/13 - 2017/18), and compared with their Big 12 records for the corresponding period (2006/7 - 2011/12).  This is only regular season conference records and does not include conference tournaments or other post-season results.  Here are the totals: 

SEC  - football 25-23 (52%),  basketball 56-52 (52%), baseball 94-83 (53%),  all 3 sports combined 175-158 (53%)

Big 12 - football 24-25 (49%), basketball 55-43 (56%), baseball 95-62-1 (60%), all 3 sports combined 174-130-1 (57%)

"Next year" will likely bring more of the same.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

That quote from official aggy is very telling. So baggins is too busy recruiting and having press conferences to “hammer out” a deal huh? I thought that’s what agents and lawyers were for.

The bottom line is there is no final deal in place and one has to wonder if aggy isn’t having second thoughts over their idiotic decision. 

Not second thoughts. John Sharp is still in the process of laundering that Hurricane Harvey relief money. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

Just for grins, I looked up all aggy conference records in the big three sports since their 100 year decision (2012/13 - 2017/18), and compared with their Big 12 records for the corresponding period (2006/7 - 2011/12).  This is only regular season conference records and does not include conference tournaments or other post-season results.  Here are the totals: 

SEC  - football 25-23 (52%),  basketball 56-52 (52%), baseball 94-83 (53%),  all 3 sports combined 175-158 (53%)

Big 12 - football 24-25 (49%), basketball 55-43 (56%), baseball 95-62-1 (60%), all 3 sports combined 174-130-1 (57%)

"Next year" will likely bring more of the same.  

Well of course they went down.  Now we're competin' in tha danged S.E.ByGawd.C.  Losing ten games there is bettern' losing 2 in the Little 12, ya stoopid 'sip!

1 minute ago, George Clooney said:

Unrelated, but I don’t know how you survive living in Collie Station. I had to go there for a graduation ceremony a few weeks ago, and it was awful.

We've been discussing our exit strategy recently, to be honest. Our neighborhood is great, but it is slowly and inevitably aggyfying.

Nah. Professors come from all over, and most of them are not bought in. There's pockets of normal all over. But they are definitely shrinking.

I’m assuming that is mostly due to visor wearing guys in cargo shorts threatening project managers who’s trucks are parked too close to their houses.

Also, Ramjet is all that is good in this world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

I've purchased a Texas Football every year since about '91; my father as well going back to when it was first published.  The quality has obviously gone down.  And, like so many other things these days, they do things for "clicks" - in this case, to sell mags. 

I still can't get over something in last year's edition.  They have a section called, "The Best of Texas" or somesuch.  The best offensive lineman in Texas was not Connor Williams, but Koda Martin.  WTF?

9 hours ago, Deej said:

Not second thoughts. John Sharp is still in the process of laundering that Hurricane Harvey relief money. 

What are the odds he isn't signing anything until the first round of bagmen buying players is done. He can't be held to account for things that happen at a job that occurred before be was an official employee, right?

aggy at their normal.  Watched part of the sec indoor track championship yesterday. (aggy horrible of course)  aggy was coming on strong to the finish line in the 800 or 400 meter dash and just got beat out and then tripped and fell.  The announcer in all of his aggyness stated, he didn't lose, he just ran out of real estate".   Heard that a couple of times yesterday.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I've purchased a Texas Football every year since about '91; my father as well going back to when it was first published.  The quality has obviously gone down.  And, like so many other things these days, they do things for "clicks" - in this case, to sell mags. 

I still can't get over something in last year's edition.  They have a section called, "The Best of Texas" or somesuch.  The best offensive lineman in Texas was not Connor Williams, but Koda Martin.  WTF?

When you have a chance to award "best in state" to someone who ends up transferring to Syracuse, you have to do it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

just amazing how in a few short years it was swagcopters and gadgets, now its back to being shit kickers and riding a horse. aggy, searching eternally for and identity. 

Yeah, I'm afraid we may have seen the last of the pimp cane. I'm sure aggy will probably go back to a familiar, and traditional, redneck prop: 

521e5ed34805b.image.jpg

aggie-luke-004-edited.jpg

25590871312_24dbb0ec64_b.jpg

11 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

just amazing how in a few short years it was swagcopters and gadgets, now its back to being shit kickers and riding a horse. aggy, searching eternally for and identity. 

51gV3mm8KIL._SY419_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If someone could add Coal Diggin' in front of Helicopter, Aggy will have arrived in whole.

28 minutes ago, Player said:

Yeah, I'm afraid we may have seen the last of the pimp cane. I'm sure aggy will probably go back to a familiar, and traditional, redneck prop: 

aggie-luke-004-edited.jpg

Holy Shit, these people are strange...

Edited by Eddyline