Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

This guy is about to get banned as Aggie does not deal well with the truth:

ColoradoMooseHerd

This article is not accurate and probably should not have been written. I think you should actually take it down. There is not new information here, Slocum is repeating what he has always said but there is definitely some incorrect information in the story. Actually his quote about the timing of the announcement is almost exactly what he said in 1993 after the game.

1. The main reason for the severity of the penalty was that we were already on probation from the Jackie Sherrill days. Then we had the Kermit Davis situation in Basketball. Then the football payment issue again. The Death Penalty was discussed, but the NCAA immediately took it off the table because of what it did to SMU. "The Lack of Institutional Control" Claim was not that far off. The compliance department that we had to form to start monitoring all of our actions was very annoying for us athletes but probably necessary.

2. Why was it such a big deal about the players being paid for work not performed, was the fact who paid them. This was not just some players cutting out a little early. Some of these guys did not work at all. I firmly believe that RC had no knowledge at the time that the players were being paid for work not done. He was innocent. It was a Booster that did the damage. And it was not just some rogue boosters paying the players, it was the President of the Aggie Club. Because of the scandal the Aggie Club was renamed The 12th Man Foundation. Warren Gilbert was the guy.

3. Warren Gilbert was on the board of the Aggie Club when we got in trouble under Jackie and was now the President the Aggie Club. The board actually knew about the situation before the allegations officially came out. Gilbert liked to brag about everything he did and he was bragging about players working for him at a board meeting. The problem was, several of the players were already working for another board member and they brought that up in the meeting when he said it. You know who was also at this meeting, John David Crow - the Athletic Director at the time. This is also one of the main reasons he was not the athletic director after this penalty.

4. OU paying of players. Yes OU should have gotten much stiffer penalties and it was a joke the punishment that they did receive.  

There is much more to this story too and it either should not be written at all or written correctly. Not sure the need of this story at all at this time. Especially with the inaccurate and missing info.

Further proof that Texags is only there to push the schools agenda. 

Siap:
aggy just hired USC’s women’s golf coach, who apparently has won a couple of trophies.  Whoop?!

What you’re saying is that they’re already putting “women’s national golf champions 20–“ on the stadium wall?

5 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

In the front row.  But if you look in the back row, there's a steep dropoff into gender-neutral territory (NTTAWWT).

813ec796fc2a67d63d67356ca17f1e4c.png

For some farmers, the chicks in the 1st row are almost legit, but the back row reminds me of the old "Rhinestone Cowboy...

Edited by kopp0e

35 minutes ago, markstanco said:
10 hours ago, OU Sucks said:
In the front row.  But if you look in the back row, there's a steep dropoff into gender-neutral territory (NTTAWWT).
813ec796fc2a67d63d67356ca17f1e4c.png

Read more  

10 bucks say chick to the right of trophy holder is from st. Augustine or Center

Shelbyville, I'd say.  Or maybe Patroon.

4 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

My biggest regret is SMU being unable to keep their shit in order long enough for aggy to be given the death penalty first.

aggy is in perpetual death penalty by virtue of stumbling over new ways to lose in their former conference (XII) and inventing new ways to grasp defeat in the new league (SEC)...

5 hours ago, The University said:

when you look at what aggy has accomplished over the past 50 years, it might as well have been due to a death penalty. 

quote:
what in the frick has aggy done to join in on these sorts of discussions? The collective dick sucking that fanbase has done for Bama football, Kentucky basketball, and the plethora of baseball powers in the conference is downright pathetic.

iconpopcorn.gif iconpopcorn.gif

On 6/20/2018 at 3:10 PM, Johnny Sack said:

This guy is about to get banned as Aggie does not deal well with the truth:

ColoradoMooseHerd

This article is not accurate and probably should not have been written. I think you should actually take it down. There is not new information here, Slocum is repeating what he has always said but there is definitely some incorrect information in the story. Actually his quote about the timing of the announcement is almost exactly what he said in 1993 after the game.

1. The main reason for the severity of the penalty was that we were already on probation from the Jackie Sherrill days. Then we had the Kermit Davis situation in Basketball. Then the football payment issue again. The Death Penalty was discussed, but the NCAA immediately took it off the table because of what it did to SMU. "The Lack of Institutional Control" Claim was not that far off. The compliance department that we had to form to start monitoring all of our actions was very annoying for us athletes but probably necessary.

2. Why was it such a big deal about the players being paid for work not performed, was the fact who paid them. This was not just some players cutting out a little early. Some of these guys did not work at all. I firmly believe that RC had no knowledge at the time that the players were being paid for work not done. He was innocent. It was a Booster that did the damage. And it was not just some rogue boosters paying the players, it was the President of the Aggie Club. Because of the scandal the Aggie Club was renamed The 12th Man Foundation. Warren Gilbert was the guy.

3. Warren Gilbert was on the board of the Aggie Club when we got in trouble under Jackie and was now the President the Aggie Club. The board actually knew about the situation before the allegations officially came out. Gilbert liked to brag about everything he did and he was bragging about players working for him at a board meeting. The problem was, several of the players were already working for another board member and they brought that up in the meeting when he said it. You know who was also at this meeting, John David Crow - the Athletic Director at the time. This is also one of the main reasons he was not the athletic director after this penalty.

4. OU paying of players. Yes OU should have gotten much stiffer penalties and it was a joke the punishment that they did receive.  

There is much more to this story too and it either should not be written at all or written correctly. Not sure the need of this story at all at this time. Especially with the inaccurate and missing info.

whoever is maintaining aggypedia, please please please make sure this gets it's own entry.  i remember the dallas morning news whitewashing this, but the Gilbert/aggyclub part NEVER made it in to the dallas media.  the dallas media (and of course dale hansen) destroyed smu, but this was just as bad and aggy got a total walk.

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/since-the-big-12s-last-major-mens-national-championship/77315659/

Some of the best comments. Most SEC fans find these people as embarrassing as we do. 

1) 

"No thanks to aggy.  

Aggy hasn’t won a ‘major’ title since joining the SEC. 

Aggy didn’t win a ‘major’ title during the 10+ years in the Big 12. 

Do we really have to go back to the ‘30’s to find a ‘major’ title for a&m? Zero Final Fours and a pathetic record in Omaha. I’d venture to say that for a program that has qualified for the CWS on a small handful of occasions, a&m has the worst winning percentage. 

I’ll take the bait and ask... 

...what in the frick has aggy done to join in on these sorts of discussions? The collective dick sucking that fanbase has done for Bama football, Kentucky basketball, and the plethora of baseball powers in the conference is downright pathetic. 

It’s almost as pathetic as your obsession with the Big 12’s lack of success."

2) 

"Thank goodness A&M helped the SEC in winning all those titles!"

3) 

"I can’t think of a fanbase that validates itself through someone else’s accomplishments more than a&m’s."

4) 

"What about their 2 national titles they picked up in 2012? IconLOL.gif "

5) 

"They seriously added ‘97 and ‘10 up there? Wow. They lost the ‘97 title game by 39 points...and they claim it anyway IconLOL.gif"

6) 

"I get what you're trying to do here, but this is why Texas fans give y'all a hard time. It almost seems as if it's more important for the SEC to win, than it is for A&M. 

We're on the same page as y'all since we haven't won a major men's national championship since 1990, but there's no reason to pump up our rivals when we haven't done anything ourselves."

7) 

"Exactly. It’s like ags want the participation trophy if Bama wins a title. Like the beat down they received contributed to the Tide’s toughness down the stretch."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

See this is why I hate this rivalry. If we beat them it makes no difference they just go on talking trash. With so much hate in their little hearts it is not even really about sports, what happens on the field barely matters at all,  it is just about how much they hate us. It is rather tiresome.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

I just don't understand their desire to call us their little brother.  It doesn't bother me one bit.  In fact it just makes them look even worse.  If we are the little brother then they should be embarrassed that their little brother has been kicking their asses in every aspect of life for over a century.

3 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I just don't understand their desire to call us their little brother.  It doesn't bother me one bit.  In fact it just makes them look even worse.  If we are the little brother then they should be embarrassed that their little brother has been kicking their asses in every aspect of life for over a century.

Same here.  Like, Little Brother just went to another Super Regional and College World Series while Big Brother was again watching from his couch in College Station drinking Zima.

41 minutes ago, Scholz said:

If we're the little brother, how come we're in one of the top cities in the country and they're in a cow pasture?

Poooorrr aggy:  just can't seem to get any love in any conference these days:

"Why is it that Texas A&M’s struggles annually begin in October?Posted on 6/22/18 at 12:47 pm
uArw.png4dArw.png1
Dating back to 2000 Texas A&M has a record of 72-81 during the months spanning October through January. 
Only 2 current SEC schools have a worse winning % during those months; those schools are Kentucky (45-97) and Vanderbilt (44-96). That isn’t good company to have. 

On the flip side, they have the 5th best record among current SEC schools during August & September. Sitting at 58-15. 

One argument I would try to make as an A&M fan is the quality of opponents during those months. However, if we extrapolate those games even further, and break it down into “opponents that finished the season OUTSIDE of the AP Top 25,” A&M’s record is still 3rd worst among current SEC schools at 56-31. 

Keep in mind, this spans 4 different head coaches. There’s history here that tells me Jimbo isn’t exactly immune to what seems like an inevitability. 

Will this year, and the other 9 with Jimbo at the helm, merely be par for the course in Aggieland; start strong then limp to the finish with a 7 or 8 win season? What measures need to be taken to stop this trend? 

Aggy mating season starts right around then. We take that shite seriously."

Some things never change....no matter what conference you are in....must be an aggy thing.

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Texags radio:

1:36:35 Gabe and Looch Dutch rudder themselves about how good the SEC baseball teams are doing in Omaha, how they beat Texas for aggy, and what the Big 12 champ's record was v the mighty SEC. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/CN_F8BzqcDA/0103092-aplx.mp3

yawn....spit