Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

16 minutes ago, Doctor of Neighborhood said:

How did seemingly healthy college kids settle on denim overalls and puffy paint as cool?  Culture is weird and skews to unforeseen ends, I get it.  But this … this is ridiculous.

Taken out of context it makes as much sense as putting hooks in your flesh or a skewer through your cheeks.  But these hindus at least believe they are serving the gods.  aggy?  Dunno.  Maybe aggy serves the minor prophet known as Insular Delusion?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

aggy is serving Sully.

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Chopper said:

Ahhh I've learned something. It used to be slang for a drug known as rohypnol, which is a very strong benzo (something like 10x stronger than xanax) which reportedly would render a victim helpless and with very little memory. However, I guess it's become difficult to obtain rohypnol, even in Mexico, and now getting roofied can mean unknowingly ingesting any number of drugs from xanax or other benzos, or ambien, or GHB (liquid ecstasy). https://www.thecut.com/2014/10/what-you-might-not-know-about-getting-roofied.html

That article is from 2014. Who knows what the protocol is now. 

But yes - it's a really strong benzo. I know a guy who used to do it recreationally. He had stories (or at least a story) about taking a bunch then coming to 2 days later on the other side of the country. 

This is a fun one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine

Crime

A travel advisory published by the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) in 2012 stated:

One common and particularly dangerous method that criminals use in order to rob a victim is through the use of drugs. The most common [in Colombia] has been scopolamine. Unofficial estimates put the number of annual scopolamine incidents in Colombia at approximately 50,000. Scopolamine can render a victim unconscious for 24 hours or more. In large doses, it can cause respiratory failure and death. It is most often administered in liquid or powder form in foods and beverages. The majority of these incidents occur in night clubs and bars, and usually men, perceived to be wealthy, are targeted by young, attractive women. It is recommended that, to avoid becoming a victim of scopolamine, a person should never accept food or beverages offered by strangers or new acquaintances, nor leave food or beverages unattended in their presence. Victims of scopolamine or other drugs should seek immediate medical attention.[57]

Between 1998 and 2004, 13% of emergency-room admissions for "poisoning with criminal intentions" in a clinic of Bogotá, Colombia, have been attributed to scopolamine, and 44% to benzodiazepines.[39] Most commonly, the person has been poisoned by a robber who gave the victim a scopolamine-laced beverage, in the hope that the victim would become unconscious or unable to effectively resist the robbery.[39]

Beside robberies, it is also allegedly involved in express kidnappings and sexual assault.[58] The Hospital Clínic in Barcelona introduced a protocol in 2008 to help medical workers identify cases, while Madrid hospitals adopted a similar working document in February 2015.[58] Hospital Clínic has found little scientific evidence to support this use and relies on the victims' stories to reach any conclusion.[58] Although poisoning by scopolamine appears quite often in the media as an aid for raping, kidnapping, killing, or robbery, the effects of this drug and the way it is applied by criminals (transdermal injection, on playing cards and papers, etc.) are often exaggerated,[59][60][61] especially skin exposure, as the dose that can be absorbed by the skin is too low to have any effect.[58] Scopolamine transdermal patches must be used for hours to days.[29] Certain other aspects of the usage of scopolamine in crimes have equally been described as "exaggerated" or even implausible.[62] Powdered scopolamine, in a form referred to as "devil's breath", does not brainwash or control people into being defrauded by their attackers; these alleged effects are most likely urban legends.[63] Nevertheless, the drug is known to produce loss of memory following exposure and sleepiness, similar to the effect of benzodiazepines or alcohol poisoning.[64][65]

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That article is from 2014. Who knows what the protocol is now. 

But yes - it's a really strong benzo. I know a guy who used to do it recreationally. He had stories (or at least a story) about taking a bunch then coming to 2 days later on the other side of the country. 

This is a fun one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine

Crime

A travel advisory published by the Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) in 2012 stated:

One common and particularly dangerous method that criminals use in order to rob a victim is through the use of drugs. The most common [in Colombia] has been scopolamine. Unofficial estimates put the number of annual scopolamine incidents in Colombia at approximately 50,000. Scopolamine can render a victim unconscious for 24 hours or more. In large doses, it can cause respiratory failure and death. It is most often administered in liquid or powder form in foods and beverages. The majority of these incidents occur in night clubs and bars, and usually men, perceived to be wealthy, are targeted by young, attractive women. It is recommended that, to avoid becoming a victim of scopolamine, a person should never accept food or beverages offered by strangers or new acquaintances, nor leave food or beverages unattended in their presence. Victims of scopolamine or other drugs should seek immediate medical attention.[57]

Between 1998 and 2004, 13% of emergency-room admissions for "poisoning with criminal intentions" in a clinic of Bogotá, Colombia, have been attributed to scopolamine, and 44% to benzodiazepines.[39] Most commonly, the person has been poisoned by a robber who gave the victim a scopolamine-laced beverage, in the hope that the victim would become unconscious or unable to effectively resist the robbery.[39]

Beside robberies, it is also allegedly involved in express kidnappings and sexual assault.[58] The Hospital Clínic in Barcelona introduced a protocol in 2008 to help medical workers identify cases, while Madrid hospitals adopted a similar working document in February 2015.[58] Hospital Clínic has found little scientific evidence to support this use and relies on the victims' stories to reach any conclusion.[58] Although poisoning by scopolamine appears quite often in the media as an aid for raping, kidnapping, killing, or robbery, the effects of this drug and the way it is applied by criminals (transdermal injection, on playing cards and papers, etc.) are often exaggerated,[59][60][61] especially skin exposure, as the dose that can be absorbed by the skin is too low to have any effect.[58] Scopolamine transdermal patches must be used for hours to days.[29] Certain other aspects of the usage of scopolamine in crimes have equally been described as "exaggerated" or even implausible.[62] Powdered scopolamine, in a form referred to as "devil's breath", does not brainwash or control people into being defrauded by their attackers; these alleged effects are most likely urban legends.[63] Nevertheless, the drug is known to produce loss of memory following exposure and sleepiness, similar to the effect of benzodiazepines or alcohol poisoning.[64][65]

Yeah, Colombia is nuts and you definitely have to be careful, but mostly if you’re a woman. For men they usually just do a strong arm robbery with some dull rusty knife. See, there are no guns anywhere else in the world so if you have size and know how to return a stab attempt back to sender, no one will fuck with you. Or if they do you know you’ll be fine and just need to get the fuck out of town tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yep. This is very relevant for the aggy thread

If you’re a good looking super straight macho guy in their 20s who is out partying in the UK, Europe or the coastal large US cities and college station, you need to watch out. Getting those kinds of guys so fucked up they do gay stuff is a big fetish for some. Sexual assault is not really about sex, it’s about power and this definitely falls in that category 

Chicks have been dealing with being drugged for a while. Big tuff guys don’t think they need to worry about anything until they get a text of themselves getting multiple money shots on a disgusting bathroom floor.

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Doc checking his phone after a wild night in Paris 

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Fletch said:

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Doc checking his phone after a wild night in Paris 

Funny enough, New Year’s Eve 2015 was the last time I was drugged and coincidentally in Paris. I could feel it so we darted into a cab. We were staying at a fancy hotel in the 8th and I went to the girl at the counter and explained I was a guest, had been out and I believed I had been drugged and where might a clinic be. Bitch called the cops on me. Cops get there, I say the same thing and the one who speaks English says “oh yeah, that’s going on a lot right now. Ok, bye.” Couple days later I bitched out the help line operator and got my stay comped with a bunch of points. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Funny enough, New Year’s Eve 2015 was the last time I was drugged and coincidentally in Paris. I could feel it so we darted into a cab. We were staying at a fancy hotel in the 8th and I went to the girl at the counter and explained I was a guest, had been out and I believed I had been drugged and where might a clinic be. Bitch called the cops on me. Cops get there, I say the same thing and the one who speaks English says “oh yeah, that’s going on a lot right now. Ok, bye.” Couple days later I bitched out the help line operator and got my stay comped with a bunch of points. 

Jesus fucking Christ dude. I haven’t been able to travel in years, but I’ll keep this story in mind next time I go overseas 

• Hook 'Em 1

That poor girl.  Any daughter with parents stupid enough to name her Reigphyl is gonna grow up to be 'Reigph' with daddy issues and cum to fill an Aggie jizz jar.  
$50 says her parents had their Oakleys on their forehead when they typed that, so they could see the screen better.  

I’ll take that. I’m betting they had their glasses on the bill of their backwards ball caps.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

It’s happening again.  Cranberg, Sandeder, Hall, et. Al.  The old band is back together using a different cause to tear UT down to the a shit online level.  I guess we’ll take the discussion to a different forum because of how many cum gargling apologists are on here.  Make no mistake; it’ll take a year or two but this will bring harm to our school , including athletics.  

Start a new thread in DT.  I would love to read more on this subject.

• Hook 'Em 2

The next legislative session isn't until 2023. Odds are the governor will still be Gerg Abbott. However over the weekend the uneducated charlatan from Maryland via Houston talk radio who happens to be the state Lt Gov called for the end of academic tenure. I believe that's what Lobo may be referring to but he was unnecessarily vague.

Also DT would probably be the place for a thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The next legislative session isn't until 2023. Odds are the governor will still be Gerg Abbott. However over the weekend the uneducated charlatan from Maryland via Houston talk radio who happens to be the state Lt Gov called for the end of academic tenure. I believe that's what Lobo may be referring to but he was unnecessarily vague.

Also DT would probably be the place for a thread.

I was vague yes, only because as much as we bag on A&M...there are a large number of posters here that wish we were more like them in many ways.  I went into way more detail on a CR thread.  But yes, a happy medium would be DT.  Bob and the old site got some shit when I posted some stuff about Alex Cranberg, et. al. in about 2013/2014 or so.  This time around, I don't wanna get immamac in any trouble.  

But the gist is, Alex Cranberg, Jeff Sandefer, Wallace Hall, and a few others.  They found a new way to tear down UT-Austin.  Using a rather original angle, and the same old idiotic puppets.  This one is more subtle, but the endgame is the same.  Make UT-Austin an online diploma mill that takes anybody, just like A&M (and grift what you can).  Ruin our attempts to attract faculty and quality athletes of color.  And make stupid people feel as if they matter, just like Aggie Nation.  I thought we were done with this shit a few years back, but looks like the band is getting back together and I'll give 'em credit---this is a fresh approach.  They've got another puppet this time (spoiler alert, he's not an Aggie nor a Longhorn).  And the puppet doesn't know what he's being used to accomplish because he's even dumber than a fucking Aggie.  I'll leave it at that, no CR...don't wanna hurt feelings because a lot of posters on here would suck the sweat off the man's taint if he told them it would bring them closer to God.  

The war is back on folks.  They're not gonna be happy until we're all as stupid as Aggie.  Pick your side, Team Stupid has plenty of room.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

I was vague yes, only because as much as we bag on A&M...there are a large number of posters here that wish we were more like them in many ways.  I went into way more detail on a CR thread.  But yes, a happy medium would be DT.  Bob and the old site got some shit when I posted some stuff about Alex Cranberg, et. al. in about 2013/2014 or so.  This time around, I don't wanna get immamac in any trouble.  

But the gist is, Alex Cranberg, Jeff Sandefer, Wallace Hall, and a few others.  They found a new way to tear down UT-Austin.  Using a rather original angle, and the same old idiotic puppets.  This one is more subtle, but the endgame is the same.  Make UT-Austin an online diploma mill that takes anybody, just like A&M (and grift what you can).  Ruin our attempts to attract faculty and quality athletes of color.  And make stupid people feel as if they matter, just like Aggie Nation.  I thought we were done with this shit a few years back, but looks like the band is getting back together and I'll give 'em credit---this is a fresh approach.  They've got another puppet this time (spoiler alert, he's not an Aggie nor a Longhorn).  And the puppet doesn't know what he's being used to accomplish because he's even dumber than a fucking Aggie.  I'll leave it at that, no CR...don't wanna hurt feelings because a lot of posters on here would suck the sweat off the man's taint if he told them it would bring them closer to God.  

The war is back on folks.  They're not gonna be happy until we're all as stupid as Aggie.  Pick your side, Team Stupid has plenty of room.

If you are going to bother to go into all of this on a thread on the football board, why then suddenly get all fucking cryptic on who the "puppet" is? I mean, what the fuck, dude?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/17/2022 at 7:34 AM, Longhornstampede said:

So much double meaning in this pic....caught this on 635 in north Dallas a while back...morons

FB_IMG_1645104795093.jpg

And replete with 2 free ads for the dealership that touts, "I drive a Sewell!"  Obviously learned a lot of followership at aggy and longs to be part of something even if it's something as shitty as a dealership.

If I know the dealership too well it means I bought the wrong car.  I revile dealerships.

Here is a perfect example of how aggy culture creates individuals who are pathologically dishonest. All the lies (12th man, "more officers," etc, etc, etc) that aggy culture is built on make dishonesty second nature to far too many aggys.

This was from July 2021. "He knows."

Attached are the 2020 financials for Florida and LSU. Florida reported a $35 million profit. LSU reported a $4.8 million profit.

But "he knows...."

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

aggy massive losses.jpeg

Florida NCAA financials 2020.pdf LSU NCAA Financial Report - FY20.pdf

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/tamu-jimbo-fisher-mike-elko-duke-recruiting-nil

Jimbo Fisher isn’t asking for or doesn’t need anyone to come to his defense when it comes to justifying Texas A&M’s top-rated recruiting class. The Aggies coach went off with both barrels on any critics who questioned his methods earlier this month.

But it’s got to make Fisher feel good to hear his former defensive coordinator sound off on the topic.

“For whatever reason, people don’t want to give [Fisher] the credit that he deserves for the job that he does,” Mike Elko said on a recent Saturday Down South podcast. “It’s not just money. Texas A&M is a really special place across the board. Jimbo signed the No. 1 recruiting class in the country to Texas A&M. When you do that, you deserve praise. Point blank. To look at it any other way is unfair.

"It takes so much work, it takes so many people, it takes an effort from such a large group to do that. To try to turn this into any other story, to me, just isn’t right. I think it deserves a ton of praise that he was able to go out and land the class that he did.”

Elko, now Duke’s head coach, should know. As one of Fisher’s top recruiters, Elko did his part in bringing a class to College Station that includes 13 members of the SI99 rankings.

The idea that the Aggies “bought” the No. 1 class armed with an NIL war chest stuck deep in Fisher’s craw. Fisher extolled the virtues of Texas A&M as the main reason the Aggies out-recruited the likes of Georgia and Alabama, as well as the rest of the college football world.

"The people is the key to A&M," Fisher said on Signing Day. "All these buildings, it ain't that. It's the people. The relationships that are here, the genuineness that is here, and sincerity that is here in this organization."

It appears Elko feels the same way.

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I don't know what 'four flusher' means but it sounds bad. Might have to start using that one

Anyone who plays poker knows five cards in a single suit is called a flush. What happens if you have only four of that suit? A whole lot of nothing, which gives us the word four-flusher, a person bluffing at cards, or someone who seems promising, but isn't.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Anyone who plays poker knows five cards in a single suit is called a flush. What happens if you have only four of that suit? A whole lot of nothing, which gives us the word four-flusher, a person bluffing at cards, or someone who seems promising, but isn't.

Ok I think I get it now

Spoiler

462788675_Jimbo_AM_Press_Conference.thumb.png.a5cdaaccb435f434ebbd6ffe7ecea3c8.png

• Haha 1

I think I'm gonna start prefacing comments that are completely unfounded and untrue, with "A lot of Aggies are saying...(fill in the blank)."  

In an era where it's never been so simple to verify assertions in real time, they seem to be making more and more false ones as if the repetition will equal validation.

48 minutes ago, CosmoDog said:

RD - how much of this athletic department deficit is eventually going to be footed by Texas tax payers?

I'm feeling a little ragey right now.

None. The ones who will pay the true expense are the students. Money that could be spent on improving the aggy trade school experience will instead be squandered on aggy football. Not aggy athletics. aggy athletics overall will continue to suck. But whatever resources available at A&M are being funneled into aggy football. They are betting a national championship in football can be leveraged to elevate the academic side. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy economic report.jpeg

I get that "Brazos Valley" is a thing.  I mean, it's a natural geographic basin from Lubbock to the Gulf, with many significant creeks and natural splendor.  But they way they wrote that up, it makes it sound like they don't understand how it hasn't become Texas' new Silicon Valley.  It sounds like the write-up of every other also-ran chamber of commerce in nowhere, USA or whogivesashit, America.  I shouldn't have wasted the time reading it but all I wanna scream at them is, "Quit trying to make 'Brazos Valley' happen!" 

For aggy purposes, the Brazos Valley only includes Milam, Robertson, Leon, Lee (WTF?), Burleson, Washington, Brazos, Grimes, Houston, Austin, Madison, Trinity, Walker, Montgomery, and Waller counties.  Anything outside of that is heathen land, to aggy.  I have had aggys argue with me that neither Baylor nor Tech count as being "on the Brazos."

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I get that "Brazos Valley" is a thing.  I mean, it's a natural geographic basin from Lubbock to the Gulf, with many significant creeks and natural splendor.  But they way they wrote that up, it makes it sound like they don't understand how it hasn't become Texas' new Silicon Valley.  It sounds like the write-up of every other also-ran chamber of commerce in nowhere, USA or whogivesashit, America.  I shouldn't have wasted the time reading it but all I wanna scream at them is, "Quit trying to make 'Brazos Valley' happen!" 

It’s a good thing they have their metro area insurance agency network to boost their alumni net income levels.

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

None. The ones who will pay the true expense are the students. Money that could be spent on improving the aggy trade school experience will instead be squandered on aggy football. Not aggy athletics. aggy athletics overall will continue to suck. But whatever resources available at A&M are being funneled into aggy football. They are betting a national championship in football can be leveraged to elevate the academic side. 

Aggy betting absolutely everything, selling out in every way, paying outrageous sums to recruits, committing a few pretty serious financial crimes to do so, telling each other to stay grounded after they win several championships, calling the Championship a ‘Natty’…

I don’t know what will happen for them, but I don’t think the universe can allow them to succeed. It would just be too perfectly *chefs kiss* aggy if they failed.

• Hook 'Em 2