Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Uhhhh...

I guess less than 2oz of weed isn't enough for intent to distribute.

I'm not sure what the question is but 0 - 2 ounce possession is class B misdemeanor, 2 - 4 ounce possession is class A misdemeanor, 4 ounces to 5 lbs is a state jail felony...and so on. There are delivery and manufacturing charges under the penal code, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. 

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Uhhhh...

I guess less than 2oz of weed isn't enough for intent to distribute.

Uhhhh....

Did you actually attend UT Austin?

Two ounces?

Even at 24%, two ounces isn't "commercial" volume. It's pretty much "stocking up for a big weekend and the next three months."

Retail, the profit on two ounces is maybe $100. Do you really think spending $500k to train a police officer to then chase down criminals pocketing $100 for their "crimes" is good public policy? When an auto thief can pocket $5k with pretty much zero chance of getting caught?

No, 2oz isn't worth expending law enforcement resources to try to crack down on. Unless, of course, you are in law enforcement and dedicated to the "blue code" of doing as little as possible to make the smallest possible effect reducing on crime.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Scheiss Meister said:

According to KBTX the charges were dropped.  I can't copy the link on my tablet, but it is in the Sports section of their website.  Of course, the aggy University Police made the arrest, then dropped the charges, so...

aggy: "You campus police like your jobs?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Scheiss Meister said:

According to KBTX the charges were dropped.  I can't copy the link on my tablet, but it is in the Sports section of their website.  Of course, the aggy University Police made the arrest, then dropped the charges, so...

My first thought when I saw the charges was whether there was a mercenary in the car to take the fall. Did the other guy get charged that night as well? If so, that typically happens because neither guy said that's my stuff, denied knowing it was there, etc and they both get taken in.

If the other guy did NOT get charged initially, and is now getting the case, then that is super shady.

Either way, nothing to see here, mercenary takes the fall, Jimbo runs a clean program. 

20 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

I'm not sure what the question is but 0 - 2 ounce possession is class B misdemeanor, 2 - 4 ounce possession is class A misdemeanor, 4 ounces to 5 lbs is a state jail felony...and so on. There are delivery and manufacturing charges under the penal code, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. 

8 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Uhhhh....

Did you actually attend UT Austin?

Two ounces?

Even at 24%, two ounces isn't "commercial" volume. It's pretty much "stocking up for a big weekend and the next three months."

Retail, the profit on two ounces is maybe $100. Do you really think spending $500k to train a police officer to then chase down criminals pocketing $100 for their "crimes" is good public policy? When an auto thief can pocket $5k with pretty much zero chance of getting caught?

No, 2oz isn't worth expending law enforcement resources to try to crack down on. Unless, of course, you are in law enforcement and dedicated to the "blue code" of doing as little as possible to make the smallest possible effect reducing on crime.

There was also a gun charge. Weed is one thing - having weed and a gun is no bueno. 

But - like I said - it's a trivial.amount of a drug that is being prosecuted less and less so it doesn't really matter.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

There was also a gun charge. Weed is one thing - having weed and a gun is no bueno. 

But - like I said - it's a trivial.amount of a drug that is being prosecuted less and less so it doesn't really matter.

Under the TX penal code, its only UCW if you are in possession of a firearm while committing an offense above a class c misdemeanor (among other things that aren't relevant here). The passenger is (likely) saying I was in possession of the gun and weed, so there you have it.

Once those two things are out of the way, the DWI with a BAC under .06 goes away no problem. Note the BAC, even under the legal limit, is not dispositive of DWI but that's not important here. 

5 minutes ago, LW Goatman said:

Under the TX penal code, its only UCW if you are in possession of a firearm while committing an offense above a class c misdemeanor (among other things that aren't relevant here). The passenger is (likely) saying I was in possession of the gun and weed, so there you have it.

Once those two things are out of the way, the DWI with a BAC under .06 goes away no problem. Note the BAC, even under the legal limit, is not dispositive of DWI but that's not important here. 

Right I'm saying whoever is getting tagged with those charges could look at intent to distribute simply because there's a gun along with the drugs. That much weed is a hard sell even with the gun. I wasn't aware of the amount when I commented. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right I'm saying whoever is getting tagged with those charges could look at intent to distribute simply because there's a gun along with the drugs. That much weed is a hard sell even with the gun. I wasn't aware of the amount when I commented. 

I see what you're trying to say, but that simply isn't how the law works.

Delivery means you are actually busted intentionally or knowingly delivering marijuana. The term "deliver" means to transfer actually or constructively.

The gun in and of itself plays no part (though under some fact pattern it could, but its not an element of the crime). 

4 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/16/2022 at 8:26 AM, closetojumping said:

Christ. 

I felt like when I saw this OV issue posted on this thread that you’d fuck it up even though it’s a fucking softball thrown your way. Here we are. 

Of all of the non-aggies in the world, you are for certain the aggiest, Randolph. 

Not many comments lately about the aggy pool party turning into a complete fiasco.

"Official visits" mean nothing in today's world of college football recruiting. It's all about the money.

Just remember, you heard it here first.

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Not many comments lately about the aggy pool party turning into a complete fiasco.

"Official visits" mean nothing in today's world of college football recruiting. It's all about the money.

Just remember, you heard it here first.

The irony of you attempting to educate me about recruiting and what ATM is doing is delicious.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The irony of you attempting to educate me about recruiting and what ATM is doing is delicious.

Well, enjoy.

The mere suggestion that when a recruit takes his "official visit" matters in the least is comical. Those times are long gone.

aggy is doing their pool party this weekend. Texas is doing their pool party this weekend.

Both will be well attended.

Recruits at both parties have but one question - "How much are you willing to pay?"

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

Well, enjoy.

The mere suggestion that when a recruit takes his "official visit" matters in the least is comical. Those times are long gone.

aggy is doing their pool party this weekend. Texas is doing their pool party this weekend.

Both will be well attended.

Recruits at both parties have but one question - "How much are you willing to pay?"

Texas already had its pool party, numbnuts. And no shit money is important. So are officials, which is why coaches, in spite of you disagreeing with them, lobby like hell to get the last one and coordinate the hell out of each OV weekend. 

I walked the recruiting board 2 weeks ago through why ATM would still wind up with Hill.  You cannot possibly explain or enlighten anything about recruiting to me. You’re completely and totally out of your depths unless you’re reciting aggie crimes against your personal humanity. 

Two things can be correct at the same time - OVs matter and so does money. And no, no one is hearing anything here first about ATM dropping bags. You are so far behind in following this shit that you actually think you’re ahead. “You heard it here first.” Hahahahaha. Not only are you nuttier than a shithouse rat, you’re dumber than one as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I have to admit, I was more perplexed by Iowa "Tradition" than A&M "Stadium Design".  

But it was a close race.  Waving at kids in the hospital VS a tackle box . . . advantage A&M?  Hey to KK.

Waving at kids in the hospital since…2017? That’s like an aggy tradition. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Texas already had its pool party, numbnuts. And no shit money is important. So are officials, which is why coaches, in spite of you disagreeing with them, lobby like hell to get the last one and coordinate the hell out of each OV weekend. 

I walked the recruiting board 2 weeks ago through why ATM would still wind up with Hill.  You cannot possibly explain or enlighten anything about recruiting to me. You’re completely and totally out of your depths unless you’re reciting aggie crimes against your personal humanity. 

Two things can be correct at the same time - OVs matter and so does money. And no, no one is hearing anything here first about ATM dropping bags. You are so far behind in following this shit that you actually think you’re ahead. “You heard it here first.” Hahahahaha. Not only are you nuttier than a shithouse rat, you’re dumber than one as well. 

Since you seem to have a rather short attention span, let me bring you back up to date on the subject at hand.

It was brought up that aggy was having their pool party in a window where "official visits" were not permitted. I opined that such formalities were of no importance, as "official visits" mean nothing in the new world of "the highest bidder for the whore gets her services" college football recruiting.

Texas had it's recruiting pool party this past Thursday, inside the same "quiet period" window aggy had theirs.

Again, the fact that Texas couldn't host any "official visits" meant nothing, just as aggy having its pool party in the same window meant nothing.

While "certain people" were mocking aggy for having their pool party in a "quiet period" window, curiously no one pointed out Texas doing the same thing in the same window was any problem. Hmmm.......

Now you are up to speed on the conversation.

As I said then, aggy having their pool party this weekend has no significance. "Official visits" mean nothing, except to two and three star recruits, and recruits at smaller programs.

Elite college football recruits don't care which school has the best engineering department, the best logo, the most ferocious mascot, which coach followed them on instagram first, who offered who when, the promise of a jersey number, early playing time, or anything other than "How much you willin to pay?"

THAT is college football recruiting these days, whether it is during a "quiet period" or not.

I'm glad you are a college football recruiting expert. Thump that chest. Congratulations.

The insinuation that aggy having a pool party two days after Texas had theirs was going to be a disaster for aggy recruiting is something I am sure we can both laugh at together. You, because you are a genius when it comes to college football recruiting, and me because I knew it was laughable from the start.

And yes, the aggy shrine to white supremacy, their devaluing the Medal of Honor into a cheap marketing gimmick, using the negligent deaths of twelve students as yet another disgusting marketing gimmick, the filing of false government documents under penalty of perjury, and teaching ignorant rubes fairy tales as being actual history all qualify as crimes against my personal humanity. I respect that you feel differently. Evidently, that one laugh we just got to share together is all we have in common.

But at least we had that one laugh.

Have a nice day.

ncaa recruiting calendar.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

26 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Since you seem to have a rather short attention span, let me bring you back up to date on the subject at hand.

It was brought up that aggy was having their pool party in a window where "official visits" were not permitted. I opined that such formalities were of no importance, as "official visits" mean nothing in the new world of "the highest bidder for the whore gets her services" college football recruiting.

Texas had it's recruiting pool party this past Thursday, inside the same "quiet period" window aggy had theirs.

Again, the fact that Texas couldn't host any "official visits" meant nothing, just as aggy having its pool party in the same window meant nothing.

While "certain people" were mocking aggy for having their pool party in a "quiet period" window, curiously no one pointed out Texas doing the same thing in the same window was any problem. Hmmm.......

Now you are up to speed on the conversation.

As I said then, aggy having their pool party this weekend has no significance. "Official visits" mean nothing, except to two and three star recruits, and recruits at smaller programs.

Elite college football recruits don't care which school has the best engineering department, the best logo, the most ferocious mascot, which coach followed them on instagram first, who offered who when, the promise of a jersey number, early playing time, or anything other than "How much you willin to pay?"

THAT is college football recruiting these days, whether it is during a "quiet period" or not.

I'm glad you are a college football recruiting expert. Thump that chest. Congratulations.

The insinuation that aggy having a pool party two days after Texas had theirs was going to be a disaster for aggy recruiting is something I am sure we can both laugh at together. You, because you are a genius when it comes to college football recruiting, and me because I knew it was laughable from the start.

And yes, the aggy shrine to white supremacy, their devaluing the Medal of Honor into a cheap marketing gimmick, using the negligent deaths of twelve students as yet another disgusting marketing gimmick, the filing of false government documents under penalty of perjury, and teaching ignorant rubes fairy tales as being actual history all qualify as crimes against my personal humanity. I respect that you feel differently. Evidently, that one laugh we just got to share together is all we have in common.

But at least we had that one laugh.

Have a nice day.

ncaa recruiting calendar.jpeg

The laughter was directed at the fact that A&M had scheduled OVs (and publicly announced them as such) during the window where they were not allowed. They then became aware of the rule (that had been on the books for three years), their 9.95’ers were scrambling for intel on WTF was going on, and they had to go to recruits they tried to schedule OVs for with egg on their face. Their recruiting department had a public, inexcusable misstep, and we laughed. In contrast, notice that UT never announced OVs for the Thursday bash  

THAT is what the mockery was about. Few if any posters approached it from the view that it would blow up the recruiting weekend or there was a material difference between any given player taking an OV vs. UOV. You’re warping the situation for your own soap box, as someone who throws shade at A&M for things that happened (or didn’t happen) in the early 20th century, it’s kind of rich that you cast stones at people that justifiably made fun of aggy for this. 

Please stick to the Football board, with respect to both location and topic of conversation. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

The laughter was directed at the fact that A&M had scheduled OVs (and publicly announced them as such) during the window where they were not allowed. They then became aware of the rule (that had been on the books for three years), their 9.95’ers were scrambling for intel on WTF was going on, and they had to go to recruits they tried to schedule OVs for with egg on their face. Their recruiting department had a public, inexcusable misstep, and we laughed. In contrast, notice that UT never announced OVs for the Thursday bash  

THAT is what the mockery was about. Few if any posters approached it from the view that it would blow up the recruiting weekend or there was a material difference between any given player taking an OV vs. UOV. You’re warping the situation for your own soap box, as someone who throws shade at A&M for things that happened (or didn’t happen) in the early 20th century, it’s kind of rich that you cast stones at people that justifiably made fun of aggy for this. 

Please stick to the Football board, with respect to both location and topic of conversation. 

It didn't matter in the least whether the aggy [pool party was during a quiet period or not. That was my point from the start. "Quiet periods" mean nothing in recruiting these days. "Official visits" mean nothing. If a recruit wants to ask how much a given school is willing to pay, he is free to have that conversation whenever he wants. Whether the the school pays, or the kid pays and recruiting expenses are rolled into his "signing bonus" is meaningless.

It's all about the $$$$. Period.

And, if you have noticed, aggy's pool party has gone off without a problem. Plenty of elite recruits, plenty of recruits committed to other programs. Not a one was worried about whether the event happened during a "quiet period" or not. Not one worried about whether it was an "official visit" or not.

With VERY few exceptions, all these kids care about is how much any given school is willing to pay.

They don't give a shit about what the NCAA has to say, they don't give a shit about who promises what. All they care about is the signing bonus, and the payout schedule moving forward. People need to give up claiming to be "recruiting experts." All we need to know is which program is willing to pay what sum to which recruit.

THAT is today's college major sports recruiting.

That aggy held their pool party two days after Texas held theirs was never going to leave aggy with "egg on their face." There was no misstep either by Texas or A&M. Both programs held their pool parties during a "quiet period." At both parties all the 'cruits wanted to know was "What you payin'?"

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, derpyhorndog said:

You’re absolutely correct, but you’re dealing with someone with a mental condition. He’s a dog and he’s grabbed a bone. That bone is the premise that ATM is buying players, only he gets it, we’re focused on the wrong things with our mockery. Don’t you see!! The aggies are buying players while we’re here making fun of them!! And Sul Ross was a racist!! And we all deserve better!!! Goddamit, why won’t you idiots shut up and listen?!? I feel like I have to repeat this on every page at least 10 times. Listen!!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

I am far less biased than you all, but it is difficult not to quickly read “SCAT” on that license plate. 

Probably says more about me than about them, but I saw it as "some asshole who can't spell 'secant'."

Edited by Tex Long
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You’re absolutely correct, but you’re dealing with someone with a mental condition. He’s a dog and he’s grabbed a bone. That bone is the premise that ATM is buying players, only he gets it, we’re focused on the wrong things with our mockery. Don’t you see!! The aggies are buying players while we’re here making fun of them!! And Sul Ross was a racist!! And we all deserve better!!! Goddamit, why won’t you idiots shut up and listen?!? I feel like I have to repeat this on every page at least 10 times. Listen!!!

Lol. 

A “recruiting expert” and a “mental health expert.” Both offering their insight on this board for exactly what it is worth. 

A&M isn’t the only program buying recruits. Let’s face facts- we are dealing with kids who would struggle to pass an entrance exam to a respectable junior high school who are being offered six-figure (plus) bribes to attend universities they have no business attending and taking classroom spots from legitimate students. These kids have never given a crap about education and are being offered life changing sums to play college sports. 

They don’t care which coach followed them on Instagram first, or whether the university or “their uncle” is paying for them to visit a given school. Either way, they aren’t paying. Why should they give a shit who is? 

100% understand 97% of them will never see a pro contract. 100% understand 99% will never see a rookie contract paying them more than they are being offered coming out of high school. 

These kids are professional athletes coming out of high school getting paid to play college football. And you “recruiting experts” and “mental health experts” actually believe these kids will pass over cold, hard cash because a given assistant coach has convinced them to give up life changing money to instead play for a program whose head coach has zero loyalty to anyone or any program over...wait for it...cold, hard cash. 

Cold, hard cash. Every college football coach, graduate assistant, or “quality control” lackey is a whore, praying for their next big payday. And you “recruiting experts” and “mental health experts” truly think the kids haven’t adopted the exact same attitude as every single other person in the college football food chain. 

Lol. Thanks for the laugh. 

Any given college recruiter could fuck a recruit’s girlfriend and shit on his mother’s dinner plate, and the only thing that will matter to that recruit is how much the school is willing to pay him to show up on campus, act as if he is attending classes, and be ready on game day.

The one and only reason aggy had been able to elevate their recruiting is because the “best campus atmosphere” and “turdition” crap has no currency in a world of cold, hard cash. Those stupid, shit-for-brains, fairy tale swilling morons can toss aside the worthless shit they eat and drink every day and instead offer...wait for it...cold, hard cash. 

And yes, I’m saying those dumbfuck high school idiots are largely willingly agreeing to kiss the feet of the aggy shrine to white supremacy and play Uncle Tom for $$$$. That is the agreement every Black student makes when they enroll at Texas A&M. Regardless of what you think, history (outside of College Station, Texas) has proven Sul Ross to have been a human piece of shit. Sorry I have offended you by pointing that out. 

Last year’s aggy recruiting class was largely filled with Uncle Toms who will never last two years in that racist shithole. 

It is what it is. 

They took the money, they pay the price. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Tex Long said:

God dammit, Duke. Man up and tell us what you really think, wouldja?

Every Black athlete who signs on to what Texas A&M has to offer has to sign on to kissing the ass of Sul Ross, a virulent racist who, as governor, ushered Jim Crow laws to Texas.

I’m sorry if that reality offends some of you. 

How pissed off would you be if your children, your wife, your parents, or your grandparents were doused with kerosene and lit on fire as they slept? THAT is the Texas that Sul Ross wrought. Fuck that. 

The aggys bleat about “family values” but they don’t dare talk mention “Sul Ross.” 

That is the “tradition” of the assholes who chose Jefferson Davis as their first school president. That is the origin of the “traditions” of Texas A&M. 

But Black athletes line up like “good boys” to kiss the massa’s ass. 

All for the money.

It is what it is. 

Again, I’m sorry if this reality of Texas history offends some of you. 

Regardless of race, all the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1