• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Caught the tail end of Looch on Sirius CFB channel today. He’s expecting a 10-2 regular season and likely/deserving preseason #1 in 2023 if they win their bowl game to end 11-2. 
Blamed last year on QB injuries or they would have been in another NY6 bowl game and a top 5 team. 

So we’ve gone from “wait ‘til next year” to “wait ‘til the year after next year!”

Also, making predictions on college football 2 seasons into the future in the age of the transfer portal, NIL, etc…well, good luck with that. (But yeah, I get that he’s selling hope to a bunch of rubes hungry for it.)

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

So we’ve gone from “wait ‘til next year” to “wait ‘til the year after next year!”

Also, making predictions on college football 2 seasons into the future in the age of the transfer portal, NIL, etc…well, good luck with that. (But yeah, I get that he’s selling hope to a bunch of rubes hungry for it.)

And the fool’s gold of their “bestest crootin’ class evah” is already under severe strain. Since they’re stepping on their Johnson in this year’s class, the line to transfer out is going to be long. Looch is counting on those 5*s being there in the fall of 2023. My guess is that less than half of their 5*s will still be there after this year’s class and another 8-4 year. 

13 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Caught the tail end of Looch on Sirius CFB channel today. He’s expecting a 10-2 regular season and likely/deserving preseason #1 in 2023 if they win their bowl game to end 11-2. 
Blamed last year on QB injuries or they would have been in another NY6 bowl game and a top 5 team. 

What a hypocrite- he suspends texag posters for such pessimism 

College Station....but, why?

https://austin.culturemap.com/news/innovation/07-26-22-amazon-prime-air-drone-delivery-college-station/

Busy, techy, convenience-minded Texas A&M students could be among the first in the nation to test pilot a game-changing delivery system. Amazon plans to deploy its state-of-the art Prime Air drone delivery in College Station later this year.

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

I hope Charlie Strong's Miami defense puts a butt whipping on Jimbo's aggy offense.  It would make Jimbo a loser against both Herman and Chuckles.

Kevin Steele is the Miami DC.  Last team he fielded a defense in CS was with Auburn and he absolutely dominated Jimbo's offense.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a fun read, it appears the SECrant is fed up with their ags, and Daniel Figeerilli shows up for some immediate abuse:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/the-sec-should-consider-an-even-trade-aggie-for-utep/103471496/

Miners FIGHT!

And unlike certain four year institutions in Texas, we have a natty since Nagasaki got put in the microwave.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Hook 'Em 4

Meanwhile, back in College Station, the impact of TAMU includes economic stagnation, chronic underemployment of most residents, zero real wage growth in the past 40 years....

If TAMU makes such a huge positive effect on the rest of the world, why is the Brazos Valley of Texas such an intellectual, economic and cultural shithole?

"TAMU ranks very high in many systems. For example: success of grads 20 years out, earnings, number of CEOs, facilities, national merit scholarships, international presence, facilities, number of recent graduates, Med school, engineering, law school, dental school, physics, petroleum and chemical engineering, Qatar, Osaka University, Business school, etc.

Hard to beat the cumulative impact of TAMU across the nation and the world. It is huge."

Edited by Randolph Duke

49 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Wrecking Crew! 👎

Love to see it. He had a hell of a season that year. Most passing yards ever against A&M and made the cover of TV Guide! 

Spoiler

As a senior, Sarkisian opened BYU's 1996 season by passing for 536 yards and six touchdowns in the Cougars' 41–37 upset victory over Texas A&M in the Pigskin Classic. The 536 yards passing were the most ever by a player against Texas A&M. Sarkisian finished the game with a 46-yard touchdown pass to K. O. Kealaluhi to seal the victory.[6]

BYU finished the regular season with a 13–1 record, defeating Wyoming, 28–25, in the WAC Championship Game. Sarkisian passed for 4,027 yards and 33 touchdowns during the regular season. His 173.6 passer rating led the entire NCAA. For his efforts, he was named WAC Offensive Player of the Year and a second-team All-American. Sarkisian was also awarded the Sammy Baugh Trophy as the nation's top passer, making him the seventh BYU quarterback to win the honor. He was also featured on the cover of TV Guide in December 1996. BYU finished the season with 19–15 win over Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl Classic. Sarkisian threw a pair of touchdown passes in the fourth quarter to lead the Cougars to a come-from-behind victory. BYU finished the season with a 14–1 record and ranked fifth in the nation in both the AP Poll and Coaches' Poll. The Cougars became the first Division I-A team in NCAA history to win 14 games in a single season. Sarkisian's 162.0 career passing efficiency rating is 18th on the all-time NCAA list.

• Like 1

BYU fan commenting on the BYU board about how awful the A&M fans were at the 1990 Holiday Bowl.  

Fun memory from this game: my dad bought us tickets to the Holiday Bowl in 1990
I was in 7th grade. We sat surrounded by A&M fans and the game was a nightmare as we all know. They were not kind. And somehow a thick Texas accent makes the trash talk much more hostile. Picture a crowd of Buck Stricklands from King of the Hill. Wearing the ugliest shade of maroon possible.

Fast forward 6 years and I am a week away from beginning my freshman year at BYU. We had seats in the north end zone, close enough to the visitor's section to hear all the Buck Stricklands who made the trip to Mormonland. Unpleasant memories were triggered.

When Sark hit KO for the last touchdown, my dad turned to the northwest corner and flipped off the visitor's section with both hands and screamed "Suck on that! SUCK ON THAT!" . This is a man who has never said a swear word in his life. Still hasn't, now that i think about it. But he chose the correct time to come close.

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=29001399

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, FartingDreamer said:

BYU fan commenting on the BYU board about how awful the A&M fans were at the 1990 Holiday Bowl.  

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=29001399

But, that's only because BYU didn't play aggy in Collie Station.

Go visit and you will be treated to the warmest, kindest, and bestest fans in all of CFB. They're renowned for giving precise directions to Pyle Field and the Dixie Chicken. You'll be awed by their precision marching band at halftime, too, so don't skip that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

This is a fun read, it appears the SECrant is fed up with their ags, and Daniel Figeerilli shows up for some immediate abuse:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/the-sec-should-consider-an-even-trade-aggie-for-utep/103471496/

Miners FIGHT!

And unlike certain four year institutions in Texas, we have a natty since Nagasaki got put in the microwave.

Holy crap... includes a dig at Austin, but cannot say it ain't true...

image.thumb.png.2a74dd73d1ec4c06b3d2d757ab86d90e.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

Holy crap... includes a dig at Austin, but cannot say it ain't true...

image.thumb.png.2a74dd73d1ec4c06b3d2d757ab86d90e.png

Austin has done a good job cleaning up the homeless situation. And I'm the last person to be quick to give the CoA credit for anything. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

The rot is still there… just not so much in the open downtown.

Sure. But every major city has homeless drug addicts. At least Austin has done something to get rid of the Hoovervilles that were out in the open everywhere. It isn't Portland or LA.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

I'm travelling in Italy right now and have only looked at the last two pages, but I see no talk about Ainias Smith's suspension being lifted by aggy, based on what his lawyer said. Did I miss it?

Passenger in the car took the fall for the gun and dope, he should get rewarded well for what amounts to a couple of misdemeanors. Easy way for them to say "nothing to see here". 

2 hours ago, LW Goatman said:

Passenger in the car took the fall for the gun and dope, he should get rewarded well for what amounts to a couple of misdemeanors. Easy way for them to say "nothing to see here". 

Yep. Never change, aggy.