• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

😁

Our 2012 defense would have held Manziel to a meh night. Ash would have torched their D (see LA tech game). They brought an offense into the SEC who's defenses were trained to stop the ground and pound Bama teams of 2009, 2011, and 2012.  Now every offense worth a shit in the SEC has a 'Big 12' element at QB, and aggy has regressed to the mean. 

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Like 1

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

Our 2012 defense would have held Manziel to a meh night. Ash would have torched their D (see LA tech game). They brought an offense into the SEC trained to stop the ground and pound Bama teams of 2009, 2011, and 2012.  Now every offense worth a shit in the SEC has a 'Big 12' element at QB, and aggy has regressed to the mean. 

Are you suggesting A&M would have lost a game hypothetically? I don't think that is allowed.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Just waiting for you to start "insulting" Jimbo for his wife's alleged cheating, like you've done so many times in the past, proving just what a low-life, pathetic tool you are.

Jimbo was 5-6? Jimbo wasn't allowed to coach the final two games of the season - against UL-Monroe and the bowl - because he'd already agreed to be our coach the next season. You're trying to act like he had a losing record when he didn't, which is just more pathetic hilarity. He went 7-6, just like Tommy did in Year 1 at Texas. And unlike Tommy, he lost his QB, as well as a ton of other players. He also did it against better talent.

Hilarious. What Aggy doesn't know is that his wife's "alleged" cheating was basically in response to Jimbo's behavior, both to her and "other" women.

Whitewashing the fact Jimbo was 5-6 is pure Aggy. Odell Haggins coached those last 2 games and the team actually played better when he coached and Randy Sanders (the OC) was actually allowed to game plan. Revisionist history is an Aggy specialty. 

Herman handed Jimbo his ass in that Peach Bowl. No getting around that fact.

33 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Talk is cheap. Those sheep f@ckers have nothing else to do on a Friday morning than talk about "What Ifs".

It is seriously all they ever talk about..."this will happen," "that will happen," "worm is turning," blah blah blah. It's been this way for as long as I can recall. 

When things happen that are outside the realm of their expectations, they make up excuses and insist their prognostications were still mostly correct ("Georgia didn't want to be there"); or they revise history to fit their narratives ("Jimbo wasn't motivated to play UH," etc.).

When reality is College Station, Billy Lucci and general mediocrity, I guess it makes sense to incessantly fantasize.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I just like how they think they have won because they are in the flavor of the month conference and not because they have actually done anything.

it really is a Don Draper/Michael Ginsberg dynamic-- I wouldn't say I "don't think about" A&M at all, because it's a source of both irritation and amusement. Like having an infected tattoo of a clown on your arm, you can't help but look, and scratch, and laugh. But I don't think about anything Texas does in terms of how it compares to A&M. 

Yeah being better than Texas A&M is little compensation when we have to win the Big 12. And we don't even get a win for it anymore.

I used to be a little concerned about them from a recruiting point of view but last year they dominated in-state recruiting and we still managed to sign an equivalent, if not better, class by getting out of state guys. That being the case it makes it pretty clear we can achieve all we need to achieve regardless of how good or bad they are.

But we all live next door to them, and often have family and friends who are A&M people so the rivalry will always be a thing even if it is pretty demonstrable they don't really matter. OU can ruin our season, A&M cannot.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah being better than Texas A&M is little compensation when we have to win the Big 12. And we don't even get a win for it anymore.

I used to be a little concerned about them from a recruiting point of view but last year they dominated in-state recruiting and we still managed to sign an equivalent, if not better, class by getting out of state guys. That being the case it makes it pretty clear we can achieve all we need to achieve regardless of how good or bad they are.

But we all live next door to them, and often have family and friends who are A&M people so the rivalry will always be a thing even if it is pretty demonstrable they don't really matter. OU can ruin our season, A&M cannot.

I wonder over the next 20-30 years if this stops being a thing.  I mean do the current students stop and think why we are "sawing the horns off" at every football game even though they don't even play Texas? 

Edited by UTEX_ME

17 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Our 2012 defense would have held Manziel to a meh night. Ash would have torched their D (see LA tech game). They brought an offense into the SEC who's defenses were trained to stop the ground and pound Bama teams of 2009, 2011, and 2012.  Now every offense worth a shit in the SEC has a 'Big 12' element at QB, and aggy has regressed to the mean. 

That team lost two games at home, so I'm not really inclined to say "oh against a different schedule they'd have gone unbeaten". They weren't close to doing it. But what this hypothetical misses is, if A&M wasn't in the SEC, they wouldn't have played Alabama, which means Alabama would have been 13-0 instead of 12-1 and the BCS championship game would have been exactly what we got-- Alabama vs Notre Dame.

A&M's hypothetical strength of schedule that year would have been terrible-- assuming, again, they won all their games, their best wins would have been over KSU, OU, and us. If nothing else changed for those three teams, meaning you replace the result of the West Virginia game with a loss to A&M, that means their best wins would have been over two-, three-, and four-loss teams. They would also have still had 2 FCS wins on their schedule. They never would or could have gotten into the BCS over Alabama (again, this is now unbeaten Alabama instead of one-loss-to-A&M Bama) and unbeaten Notre Dame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Talk is cheap. Those sheep f@ckers have nothing else to do on a Friday morning than talk about "What Ifs".

aggy is poor.  So talk may be cheap but that's all they can afford.  Their mouths keep writing checks their bank account can never cover.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

546500f58c9dc98094ba48105cd0023d-full.jp

20 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

I mean do the current students stop and think why we are "sawing the horns off" at every football game even though they don't even play Texas? 

They are told what they are supposed to know at Fish Camp.

The man in the ice cream suit says to lock arms and sway, so you better lock arms and sway. 

Whoop!

1 hour ago, Born Burnt said:

Hell, if he wanted to, CDC could get UT into the SEC by firing off a single tweet from the shitter in Belmont. We'd be members before the turd hit the water.

And the SEC could put the Horns in the East division so aggy would never have to play us. Lulz

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Alchemy or Cold Fusion division?

I have no idea how it works.  Usually when I'm there it's for work.  I've learned a few survival tips:

1. Stay at the Aloft

2. When lunchtime rolls around say "I would really like a chicken fried steak, can you recommend the best place?" at least 5 times.  The correct answer is the Longhorn Tavern Steakhouse, they all know it, and I think it's funny as shit making aggy say "the best chicken fried steak is at the longhorn steakhouse."  Bonus points if you act dumb and say "the best chicken fried steak in college station is at a restaurant called the longhorn?  that's funny." and then watch the reactions. 

3.  Lupe Tortilla for dinner, sit in the back.

4.  Don't go out looking for nightlife - stay at the bar at the Aloft.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

That team lost two games at home, so I'm not really inclined to say "oh against a different schedule they'd have gone unbeaten". They weren't close to doing it. But what this hypothetical misses is, if A&M wasn't in the SEC, they wouldn't have played Alabama, which means Alabama would have been 13-0 instead of 12-1 and the BCS championship game would have been exactly what we got-- Alabama vs Notre Dame.

A&M's hypothetical strength of schedule that year would have been terrible-- assuming, again, they won all their games, their best wins would have been over KSU, OU, and us. If nothing else changed for those three teams, meaning you replace the result of the West Virginia game with a loss to A&M, that means their best wins would have been over two-, three-, and four-loss teams. They would also have still had 2 FCS wins on their schedule. They never would or could have gotten into the BCS over Alabama (again, this is now unbeaten Alabama instead of one-loss-to-A&M Bama) and unbeaten Notre Dame. 

My question is whether, without the 2012 SEC pressure, would the aggy AD have still caved on Manziel’s suspension? Instead of having his mental health problems ignored do the school could fund its new stadium, would Manziel today be a more productive person? 

When you get into hypotheticals, you need to look at the entire situation.

1 hour ago, UTEX_ME said:

...we are talking about the same defense that gave up 63 to blOU, correct?

1 minute ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I think it's high time we put Daniel Figurelli in his place....again.  He's getting a little too bold on twitter.  Making lists and adding twitter users to the lists.  I see he has a list of racist "t-sips". 

What is his place? In some sort of mental institution? 

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

With the same players who just went 6-6 in the Big 12? Of course not.

Though I keep forgetting how amazing A&M is in hypothetical games so probably yes. Hypothetically.

I wise man on surly once said, "No one theoretically dominates like Texas A&M". 

or was it hypothetically.  I want to remember correctly because it's so perfectly summative, insightful and succinct it should be in Proverbs.

Edited by Teamdirtyleg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

I think it's high time we put Daniel Figurelli in his place....again.  He's getting a little too bold on twitter.  Making lists and adding twitter users to the lists.  I see he has a list of racist "t-sips". 

Maybe someone in the 995 world will write an article to document this insane racist clown, his history, his continual pretending to be a longhorn saying racist shit at recruits, etc. 

Will Baizer? Eric Nahlin? Scipio?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

it's not just theoretical you dumb tsip fagets, I done won the National championship on the PlayStation playing as the Fightin Texas Aggies sixteen years in a row!!! WHAT MORE PROOF YOU WANT

Speaking of, one of those Dfig lists (only one I checked) has two subscribers.  AggyMatt is one. 

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Maybe someone in the 995 world will write an article to document this insane racist clown, his history, his continual pretending to be a longhorn saying racist shit at recruits, etc. 

Will Baizer? Eric Nahlin? Scipio?

Needs a follow up and tie in to the new DFig activity.

35 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Chicken Farmers treat 1939 like it happened yesterday. When will they stop dreaming of the past and their thoughts of the future and discover todays reality?

Because today's reality is 80 straight years of failure in all major sports.

20 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Because today's reality is 80 straight years of failure in all major sports.

God, y'alls stupid.

College football was all fine and dandy from about 1919 through 1939. Before that it was all eastern schools and liberals cheating, but in 1919 it got fair and equitable and the best team always won, except for some years t.u. cheated too bad. Then, WWII happened. Schools like The Army, The Navy, and Texas A&M had to win the war against commanism. We done did that. But it kilt so many Aggies to defeat Hitler that our football program was dessamated hintered fucked up fora long time. We was so bad off that we had to let girls in and make the whole NCAA limit scholarships to stop t.u. and we done did that and the impact was shown immediatley in 1984, which is when college football's modern era temporarily started until it stopped in 1998 because the Big 12 negatively impacted TExas A&M University because of t.u. 

Something had to be done to level the playing field in our favor again. And that something was the HUndred Years Decision to go to the SEC SEC SEC where the rules are even and everyone plays fair. So the modern era started back up again in 2012 and it really picked up in 2018 when we hired the only coach in all of Division I to have won a national championship at Florda State. 

I guess technically it ain't started up yet in college basketball or baseball

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

it really is a Don Draper/Michael Ginsberg dynamic-- I wouldn't say I "don't think about" A&M at all, because it's a source of both irritation and amusement. Like having an infected tattoo of a clown on your arm, you can't help but look, and scratch, and laugh. But I don't think about anything Texas does in terms of how it compares to A&M. 
You have an infected tattoo of Baggins on your arm? Damn looch I knew you were hard core uh red ass but damn. Better go see a chiropracter and get an adjustment.

it's not just theoretical you dumb tsip fagets, I done won the National championship on the PlayStation playing as the Fightin Texas Aggies sixteen years in a row!!! WHAT MORE PROOF YOU WANT
Do you giggle like a little girl aftee you post shit like this Danny boy?

God, y'alls stupid.
College football was all fine and dandy from about 1919 through 1939. Before that it was all eastern schools and liberals cheating, but in 1919 it got fair and equitable and the best team always won, except for some years t.u. cheated too bad. Then, WWII happened. Schools like The Army, The Navy, and Texas A&M had to win the war against commanism. We done did that. But it kilt so many Aggies to defeat Hitler that our football program was dessamated hintered fucked up fora long time. We was so bad off that we had to let girls in and make the whole NCAA limit scholarships to stop t.u. and we done did that and the impact was shown immediatley in 1984, which is when college football's modern era temporarily started until it stopped in 1998 because the Big 12 negatively impacted TExas A&M University because of t.u. 
Something had to be done to level the playing field in our favor again. And that something was the HUndred Years Decision to go to the SEC SEC SEC where the rules are even and everyone plays fair. So the modern era started back up again in 2012 and it really picked up in 2018 when we hired the only coach in all of Division I to have won a national championship at Florda State. 
I guess technically it ain't started up yet in college basketball or baseball
Fuck off Dfigs.

3 hours ago, Born Burnt said:

Hell, if he wanted to, CDC could get UT into the SEC by firing off a single tweet from the shitter in Belmont. We'd be members before the turd hit the water.

I actually don't know if it would happen that easy. The SEC got the perfect candidate in A&M, somebody that wouldn't challenge the premier teams in the conference already, but a team that would open the border of Texas to recruit.  Aggy also has a huge (and ever-growing) alumni base due to their nonexistent admission standards which means a lot of eyeballs on watching the television which is good for TV contract negotiations.   Texas would have been a great option, and obviously as a whole is on an entirely different level than aggy, but what does including Texas in the SEC offer, now that they already claim TX.