• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, F250 said:

Sure, lot of managerial opportunities at the local Home Depot and Walmart.

That's what I thought. You either work for A&M or you work for a company that provides services for people who work at A&M. Such lucrative career opportunities (well...for Jimbo anyway).

37 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Quaint:

adjective, quaint·er, quaint·est.
1. having an old-fashioned attractiveness or charm; oddly picturesque:
a quaint old house.
2. strange, peculiar, or unusual in an interesting, pleasing, or amusing way:
a quaint sense of humor.
3. skillfully or cleverly made.

Not even remotely close.  There is nothing quaint about College Station in the least. Hell, the only things tolerable here are pretty much the opposite of quaint -- they are chains that exist pretty much anywhere and everywhere else. The more uniquely "College Station" something is, the more ridiculous and undesirable it is.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Not even remotely close.  There is nothing quaint about College Station in the least. Hell, the only things tolerable here are pretty much the opposite of quaint -- they are chains that exist pretty much anywhere and everywhere else. The more uniquely "College Station" something is, the more ridiculous and undesirable it is.

yep, Roadhouse was good tonight.  I'll tell you one thing about  College Station, there are some eating out mofos in this place.

9 hours ago, Bullneck said:

From what I've read, aggy in 1939 was the best team in the country.  I'm having trouble placing the other two MNCs.  

954745_10152081711902119_1580475570_n.jp

At the end of the 1939 season, seven teams were undefeated. Even at their best, aggy isn’t all that impressive. 

USC claims a national championship for that year. 

Y'all need to be fair: "quaint" is a perfectly applicable adjective, assuming that you use it to mean "where the bathroom stalls have holes in the walls, and the grocery store has Jizz Jars on Aisle 6, right next to the Mason Jars."

EDIT: And Kerr Jars.

EDITEDIT: And Ball Jars. So to speak.

A&M should just triple down on its claims. Quietly throw a couple more MNCs up on the wall and then loudly claim "MOST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OF ANY PROGRAM IN TEXAS". Or, how about "WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE OF TEXAS", and don't even both asterisking it to indicate which bullshit chopped up eras (1939 plus 1957 plus 1984-1998!) they're counting in saying so.

There's no effective counter, most times, for blatantly false advertising, and A&M has never shown the slightest compunction about dishonesty when it flatters them. They're not even honest about being dishonest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Omit any asterisks....those little boogers are expensive and don’t add value!

Seriously though, why bother? How many people are ever going to see an A&M tractor trailer and think "I better investigate those claims for myself", or even "THAT'S NOT TRUE, I BETTER CORRECT THE RECORD PUBLICLY!!!!!"

They should just do what they do anyway-- make up whatever lies about themselves sound best-- and amplify it.  They've won one national title. If you're going to lie and say it's three, why fucking stop there? Do what you really want and make it > Texas. 

3 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Don't forget - National Champions, 20XX!

Might as well put that one on the board too.  It's Inebitubull!

Everything they say about their program with respect to its stature comes right up to the point of doing exactly that. Everything. We gots Jimbo Fisher as our coach! We pay him more'n anyone! We's SEC West!!! Biggest stadium in Texas! Top 5 recruitin class!!!! Almost beat Clempson!!! If you extrapolate that out by 2 Lego bricks, it's "we's gonna win the national championship next year or the year after or the year after that or real soon or ALL OF THEMS".

Fuck A&M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Don't forget - National Champions, 20XX!

Might as well put that one on the board too.  It's Inebitubull!

Personally I am looking forward to 2038, when A&M can celebrate the 40th anniversary of their last conference title and get ready for 2039 when they can celebrate the 100th anniversary of their last national title!

I mean I am mostly kidding...but hey it could happen. It would be funny.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Personally I am looking forward to 2038, when A&M can celebrate the 40th anniversary of their last conference title and get ready for 2039 when they can celebrate the 100th anniversary of their last national title!

I mean I am mostly kidding...but hey it could happen. It would be funny.

I wouldn't bet on them not winning a conference title in the next 19 years, but... it's not like they went back to the Big 12 championship game after 1998 or have been to the SEC title game a few times and just came up short. As long as they're in a conference with a championship game and nationally competitive programs, even winning a conference title is going to be a real uphill climb for them.

Stewart Mandel and people like him, the media that reliable bleat about A&M being a sleeping giant-- this is what they miss about A&M. There is NOTHING new under the sun. We have seen this lather/rinse/repeat shit from A&M for as long as any of us have been around them. You ask a Mandel "why do you think A&M will win a national title under Fisher?" and the shit you get back in response could have been said of numerous coaches or junctures in their history. Did they not claim to have a huge facilities advantage in 2015? When have they NOT claimed that? Were they not the hot swaggering all-the-kids-want-to-be-here program of 2014? When have they NOT claimed to "run this state" in recruiting? Who had a better reputation in December of 2004, Dennis Franchione or Mack Brown? Which school put a picture of Sun Devil Stadium in its lockers before the 1995 season? 

I don't know WHY A&M can't win anything. They have a giant stadium and a big rabid fan base and they sit in a talent rich area and they won't hesitate to cheat because sometimes the good guys just have to get down in the mud with the villains like t.u., but I've had 30+ years of watching them claim they can and should win shit only to come up comically short. 

I'll say this, and maybe this is tripling down on MY part, but I would bet on A&M getting caught in a huge scandal before I'd bet on them to win a conference and CERTAINLY a national championship. Baylor-style rape, UNC-style academics, massive school-sponsored cheating, all of the above-- that will happen before they win a national title.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

A&M should just triple down on its claims. Quietly throw a couple more MNCs up on the wall and then loudly claim "MOST NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP OF ANY PROGRAM IN TEXAS". Or, how about "WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN THE STATE OF TEXAS", and don't even both asterisking it to indicate which bullshit chopped up eras (1939 plus 1957 plus 1984-1998!) they're counting in saying so.

There's no effective counter, most times, for blatantly false advertising, and A&M has never shown the slightest compunction about dishonesty when it flatters them. They're not even honest about being dishonest.

Heck, if they are making up stuff then they should make it the "13th Man!"   It would be just as grounded in reality as their other claims.

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't know WHY A&M can't win anything.

This is the thought I want to come back to, since I mentioned Stewart Mandel. NOT KNOWING why A&M can't ever win shit shouldn't equate to THEY SHOULD or THEY WILL win anything. That's what these guys lose sight of, like a dog coming back to its vomit. They pick A&M to win something, surprise everyone, whatever; A&M goes 8-4 or 4-8 or otherwise embarrasses anyone who expected anything of them; media forgets about A&M for a few years; media notices "hey A&M never wins anything, they're due!" and the shit starts over again.

6 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I wouldn't bet on them not winning a conference title in the next 19 years, but... it's not like they went back to the Big 12 championship game after 1998 or have been to the SEC title game a few times and just came up short. As long as they're in a conference with a championship game and nationally competitive programs, even winning a conference title is going to be a real uphill climb for them.

Stewart Mandel and people like him, the media that reliable bleat about A&M being a sleeping giant-- this is what they miss about A&M. There is NOTHING new under the sun. We have seen this lather/rinse/repeat shit from A&M for as long as any of us have been around them. You ask a Mandel "why do you think A&M will win a national title under Fisher?" and the shit you get back in response could have been said of numerous coaches or junctures in their history. Did they not claim to have a huge facilities advantage in 2015? When have they NOT claimed that? Were they not the hot swaggering all-the-kids-want-to-be-here program of 2014? When have they NOT claimed to "run this state" in recruiting? Who had a better reputation in December of 2004, Dennis Franchione or Mack Brown? Which school put a picture of Sun Devil Stadium in its lockers before the 1995 season? 

I don't know WHY A&M can't win anything. They have a giant stadium and a big rabid fan base and they sit in a talent rich area and they won't hesitate to cheat because sometimes the good guys just have to get down in the mud with the villains like t.u., but I've had 30+ years of watching them claim they can and should win shit only to come up comically short. 

I'll say this, and maybe this is tripling down on MY part, but I would bet on A&M getting caught in a huge scandal before I'd bet on them to win a conference and CERTAINLY a national championship. Baylor-style rape, UNC-style academics, massive school-sponsored cheating, all of the above-- that will happen before they win a national title.

Sheep suffer in the me-to generation.

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

Not 1, but 2 threads on texags about Jace Sternberger going to Pats now that Gronk has retired. The savior. Bill Bellichek licking his chops.

Looch would always say about Jace, “I’m not saying he’s Gronk, but...”

texags eats up and regurgitates anything he says. 

3 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Not 1, but 2 threads on texags about Jace Sternberger going to Pats now that Gronk has retired. The savior. Bill Bellichek licking his chops.

Of course Belichick is drooling. Jace is like a Gronk 2.0 but he also comes with the 12th man spirit and lives by the aggy honor code.

21 hours ago, Bullneck said:

From what I've read, aggy in 1939 was the best team in the country.  I'm having trouble placing the other two MNCs.  

C'mon, they were practically yesterday...  remember the Black Sox scandal with Shoeless Joe Jackson and Lindbergh's 1st transatlantic flight?*

*same year events that actually happened

Edited by UcancallmeSurly