• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 6/28/2019 at 12:32 PM, HRSchenker said:

I don't know why Texas A&M has such a bad reputation here. I found this documentary on YouTube about the history of A&M in the SEC and their national championship legacy. Really informative.

On 6/28/2019 at 1:34 PM, Leanderman said:

They can play that film in the Hall of Champions.

Ani_aggy_HOC.gif

• Like 4

15 hours ago, txhorns said:

Everyone always overlooks the fact that aggy then and still to this day have all been fine with committing a mass murder over a football game.

It's more Jonestown than anything else...

in the comments it suggests having a racial awareness/ diversity training at Freshman orientation like the one for alcohol.

Seems like the alcohol one was very effective, eh?

11 minutes ago, slorch said:

in the comments it suggests having a racial awareness/ diversity training at Freshman orientation like the one for alcohol.

Seems like the alcohol one was very effective, eh?

It would be helpful if they aggy administration taught the actual history of their school, ugly elements and all, instead of the fairy tale version of aggy history they teach now.

If they openly discussed how racism and misogyny were aggy core (corps) values for so long, and both how any why those "values" had (has) to change as a matter of survival for the institution, it would help emphasize why thoase "values" can't be allowed to survive moving forward.

But aggy doesn't work that way. They would rather teach that none of them ever has to change, grow up, or mature reinforces that the backward values they had are values they need to retain through life.

Their problem is they are aggys.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, markstanco said:
6 hours ago, Burntcowboy said:

@tamu replied to the OP, may not go well for that idiot.

Racist kid was outed by another aggy in the comments. Surprisingly it's not Dan Dan Joseph (Daniel) Figurelli, but Sean Randale Lowe.

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Racist kid was outed by another aggy in the comments. Surprisingly it's not Dan Dan Joseph (Daniel) Figurelli, but Sean Randale Lowe.

Of course, no one has factored in the problem of the state government sanctioning someone for exercising free speech. He is legally entitled to use that speech in a private residence and to post a recording of it on a social media site. If the school steps in a punishes him by expelling him from the university, they will probably wish they hadn't.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

He is legally entitled to use that speech in a private residence and to post a recording of it on a social media site.

Is that a private residence though? Given the chalk boards, the old school wooden chairs and the decor, I'm guessing it's a class room or study room, or maybe a dorm lounge. But I have no idea.

1 minute ago, Chopper said:

Is that a private residence though? Given the chalk boards, the old school wooden chairs and the decor, I'm guessing it's a class room or study room, or maybe a dorm lounge. But I have no idea.

Even on state property, he is allowed to use offensive language. He is not inciting or advocating violence, just expressing offensive thoughts.

Protected free speech. If they punish him, he has a cause of action against the state government. Looking through the comments, not many aggys seem to realize this. The best they can do is call him in to discuss his actions and try to educate him on how his speech was offensive to others and suggest he may want to be concerned for his personal safety.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Two things jump out:

aggy is always the victim & Baylor actually knows how to defend their field unlike aggy.

third thing:  Baylor taking offense to its women being violated.

Even on state property, he is allowed to use offensive language. He is not inciting or advocating violence, just expressing offensive thoughts.
Protected free speech. If they punish him, he has a cause of action against the state government. Looking through the comments, not many aggys seem to realize this. The best they can do is call him in to discuss his actions and try to educate him on how his speech was offensive to others and suggest he may want to be concerned for his personal safety.

No one wants to believe that unpopular speech is protected.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

This is sadly far more wide spread on campuses including and outside aggy than average folk are willing to accept.

I'd address it more but it would go right down the CR rabbit hole of feces and jizz. 

Which is appropriate for an aggy thread but not something I want to happen despite that reality.

Agree we shouldn’t cloak room it, but it is easy for people, students, politicians and academics from every political spectrum to define what should and should not be protected speech.  If it fits into their political beliefs it is protected regardless of if it violates others rights and if it disagrees with their position it should not be protected.

• Like 2

I think RD is under-estimating a public University's rights to ban certain types of speech, including hate speech. (edit: based on creating a hostile environment, which they arguably did by posting to the internet.) There was legislation on this issue filed last session by Huffman, seeking to prevent state universities from enacting limits, but it didn't pass afaik.

Also I'm guessing if aTm wanted to sanction the kid, there is more than one way to do so even while avoiding a 1st Amendment discussion (minor with alcohol on campus).

Someone named the girl who corrected him about something irrelevant in that thread too but I didn't grab her name from that thread.

The speech we hear is repugnant but not at all surprising from 18/19 year old aggy. I don't know that I'd kick him out of school for it, but maybe there's a better long-term solution.

13 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I always find it funny that people get so upset about the main moron and his hate speech - so much so that they dox him and want him expelled - and yet completely ignore the other people participating in it without protest. Get rid of all of them.

Edited by Chopper

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

This is sadly far more wide spread on campuses including and outside aggy than average folk are willing to accept.

I'd address it more but it would go right down the CR rabbit hole of feces and jizz. 

Which is appropriate for an aggy thread but not something I want to happen despite that reality.

People like that kid don't even offend me. At least they're honest about their racism. The stuff that's painful runs deeper and isn't so noticeable.

Edited by Bevo14

38 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

If you are bored, the 2nd Half of aggy vs auburn 2018 football game is currently on sec network right now.  Stick around for the 4th quarter cause it's hilarious.... 

6 minutes left..... aggy up 10pts

Here comes fun part

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

He might get in as much trouble as the guy that threw the horseshit on the LHB, who is basically revered as a legend by aggies.

I hear he's assistant to the assistant manager of the feed store in Old Dime Box. He's got quite a reputation with the sheep as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

I think RD is under-estimating a public University's rights to ban certain types of speech, including hate speech. (edit: based on creating a hostile environment, which they arguably did by posting to the internet.) There was legislation on this issue filed last session by Huffman, seeking to prevent state universities from enacting limits, but it didn't pass afaik.

Also I'm guessing if aTm wanted to sanction the kid, there is more than one way to do so even while avoiding a 1st Amendment discussion (minor with alcohol on campus).

Someone named the girl who corrected him about something irrelevant in that thread too but I didn't grab her name from that thread.

The speech we hear is repugnant but not at all surprising from 18/19 year old aggy. I don't know that I'd kick him out of school for it, but maybe there's a better long-term solution.

What the kid does off campus, and in someone's private residence, is none of TAMU's business. It wasn't a criminal act. The guy didn't threaten any violence. Simply because the individual is paying the state to provide educational services, the state does not obtain an unrestricted right to unilaterally decide which Constitutional rights the individual may, or may not enjoy.

If the state is limited in the ability to decide who can exercise their 2nd Amendment rights on a public college campus, the state is even more limited in its ability to decide who can exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in private. As the same for any of an individual's other Constitutional rights. Including, in this care, this idiot's right to exercise repugnant speech.

As repugnant as their kid acted, the state has limited ability to sanction him in any way in this instance.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they tried.

• Like 1

Because you just know Old Army is going to come to this kid's defense,

No they wont. That's a no win by doing so.

Also, what that kid said as pointed out doesn't matter if on campus or off. Yea hes a racist but @tamu Twitter can do nothing. A black guy saying cracker? Not getting kicked out of school either.

What the kid does off campus, and in someone's private residence, is none of TAMU's business. It wasn't a criminal act. The guy didn't threaten any violence. Simply because the individual is paying the state to provide educational services, the state does not obtain an unrestricted right to unilaterally decide which Constitutional rights the individual may, or may not enjoy. If the state is limited in the ability to decide who can exercise their 2nd Amendment rights on a public college campus, the state is even more limited in its ability to decide who can exercise their 2nd Amendment rights in private. As the same for any of an individual's other Constitutional rights. Including, in this care, this idiot's right to exercise repugnant speech.

As repugnant as their kid acted, the state has limited ability to sanction him in any way in this instance.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they tried.

Unfortunately, that’s the cut and dry truth.

Not to side track, but there was some bow-tied Ole Miss frat boy fucktard spouting a bunch of racist shit in the Grove a few years back and it went viral. Being an Ole Miss grad, the video made me sick to my stomach. Anyone have any idea what happened to him? I’m anxious to know because this video reminded me of him. Seeing how he was in the Grove during/after a football game, and therefore actually ON university property, I’d love to see what’s become of that dipshit.

6 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Unfortunately, that’s the cut and dry truth.

Not to side track, but there was some bow-tied Ole Miss frat boy fucktard spouting a bunch of racist shit in the Grove a few years back and it went viral. Being an Ole Miss grad, the video made me sick to my stomach. Anyone have any idea what happened to him? I’m anxious to know because this video reminded me of him. Seeing how he was in the Grove during/after a football game, and therefore actually ON university property, I’d love to see what’s become of that dipshit.

He’s probably Lt. Gov. of the state of Mississippi by now.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

No they wont. That's a no win by doing so.

For the university, sure, but for the mob? These are people who think the guy pointing a sword at a cheerleader was a hero. Don't ascribe rational motivations to them.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
Spacing.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Who won?

narrator- Not aggy

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

For the university, sure, but for the mob? These are people who think the guy pointing a sword at a cheerleader was a hero. Don't ascribe rational motivations to them.

This comes up about every 6 months and it kind of bugs me, but this thread has caused me to respond for the first time because of the ill comments towards Greg.

I have been an Aggie for longer than most of you have been alive. The only time someone throws this in our face is on these silly boards...big deal. SMU had the rubber sabres for a few years, just like we used to jingle car keys in front of them in reference to the cars for play program that they ran...big deal.

I was a friend of Greg's then and now. I am very happy to say that Greg is a fine, christian man and is quite successful. And no, he has not changed his name and moved overseas. Why should he? He is also 100% Aggie and I am proud to know him. He made a impulse mistake that unfortunately was broadcast. I know that I have made far worse impulse decisions that I was lucky enough not to have broadcast to the public. I am 100% confident that each of you have a mistake that you wish you had not done and are fortunate it isn't out there for public consumption. Think about it.

Greg paid a heavy price for one action as a 20 year old. So why the hate? If you knew this Aggie, I am sure that you would be glad to have him as a friend. If you still feel like he has somehow caused you harm and feel the need to disparage him, then you are no Aggie at all.

googled and found an old thread on texags...comments are about split between supporting hood and calling him an idiot. this was probably the most passionate defense of him...SMH 

45 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I was a friend of Greg's then and now. I am very happy to say that Greg is a fine, christian man and is quite successful. And no, he has not changed his name and moved overseas. Why should he? He is also 100% Aggie and I am proud to know him. He made a impulse mistake that unfortunately was broadcast. I know that I have made far worse impulse decisions that I was lucky enough not to have broadcast to the public. I am 100% confident that each of you have a mistake that you wish you had not done and are fortunate it isn't out there for public consumption. Think about it.

tenor.gif