• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

4 hours ago, ABSR said:

So looking into this it is incredible that these two Universities have hardly changed.

https://wacohistory.org/items/show/190

Highlights:

• 1922 - Aggies lose and riot in Waco (Classy)
  • 1924 - Aggies lose and riot in Waco (Classy)
  • 1926 - Baylor makes fun of Aggie Cadets in half time show.  Aggie cadets storm the field and attack a car full of women.  A brawl ensues and a cadet is hit in the head with a wooden folding chair... and dies the next day from a blood clot.
  • Baylor University and the Waco Mayor interfere with the investigation to hinder the murder investigation which is never solved. (Shocked).

When football fans hear “Battle of the Brazos,” they think of an old rivalry between Baylor and Texas A&M (formerly The Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas), two schools situated on the Brazos River. Before the days of the Big 12 and the Southeastern Conferences, there was the Southwest Conference (SWC), where Baylor and Texas A&M vied for the title of SWC champions for decades until the conference was disbanded in 1996. But there were a few years when the schools did not compete, and it was because of a tragedy that has been swathed in myth and bias. A young A&M cadet lost his life as a result of a heated brawl between the two sides during halftime of the game on October 30, 1926.

Baylor and A&M had developed quite the rivalry in the years since their first face-off in 1899. It was the big public college versus the small private college, with the added competition for Baylor women’s hearts, as A&M was still an all-male institution. The cadets often courted the Baylor gals, invoking the ire of the Baylor men ready to come to their defense. The football field became the perfect setting to release this frustration and to try to come out on top for all the girls, alumni, and other fans to see. To add to the stakes, during the 1920s the Baylor-A&M game was often the biggest of the season, being played in the famous ten-thousand-seat Cotton Palace stadium (pinned on map below) and often also serving as Baylor’s homecoming game. A&M would bring its entire cadet corps and parade through the streets of Waco as well. The festivities surrounding the game were highly anticipated, and it was always a full house.

With such revelry comes emotion and team spirit, and these can sometimes get out of hand. In fact, trouble had been brewing at this football showdown in the years leading up to the fateful game in 1926. In 1922, a riot broke out after the game and was broken up by firehoses. In 1924, another riot erupted after the Aggies lost, and both male and female students were allegedly assaulted until the Waco police dispelled the violence. When the 1926 game rolled around, Baylor had law enforcement ready for any postgame shenanigans, but to everyone’s surprise, the violence came long before the game ended.

It all started with what was thought to be some low-stakes mockery. Normally, the A&M cadets would perform at halftime and show off their military calisthenics. This year, the entire corps did not come to the game, so with only four hundred cadets in attendance, they decided not to perform. But Baylor took it upon themselves to make sure the crowd still got a cadet calisthenics show. Dressed as fake cadets, some Baylor men took to the field and made fun of the military routine of their rivals. This caused blood to boil among the Aggie attendees. Then, to make matters worse, a Ford vehicle full of Baylor women came out onto the field touting signs with previous Baylor football scores on them. This particularly irked the Aggies because of a previous game between Baylor and A&M when a Ford car had nearly collided with some Aggie students during the halftime show. Just the sight of a car was too much for a few to handle.

Two cadets, later identified as W. L. Lee and G. L. Hart, hopped onto the field and sprinted toward the moving vehicle. Lee dove into the car window and grabbed the steering wheel, jostling the car and causing one of the women to fall off the back. The Baylor men then took to the field to protect their women, and mayhem ensued. The young men swung not only fists, but also clubs and parts of the wooden chairs from the stands. It was in this chaos that cadet Charles Milo Sessums was struck by a chair on the left side of his head near midfield, falling flat to the ground. Cadet William Moers Jr. carried him to the first aid station while the band quelled the riot by playing “The Star-Spangled Banner.” Lead Aggie yell leader J.D. Langford apologized to the crowd and made his men swear to stay in their seats thirty minutes after the game ended to avoid further fracas. Things seemed to have settled, and the game continued to its completion, with Baylor winning 20-9.

But soon no one remembered the score. After being checked out at the first aid station, Charles Sessums was taken to Providence Sanitarium. The doctors detected a skull fracture, but medicine had little to offer Charles. His doctors assumed that with rest he would make a full recovery, but sadly he passed away at nine o’clock the next morning due to a blood clot that formed because of the fracture. His parents traveled from Dallas to collect their son’s body, and a funeral was held in their home on November 2, 1926.

Despite an investigation by Pinkerton’s National Detective Agency, the man who struck the fatal blow was never found. Though detective Ila Floyd Benedict narrowed it down to a handful of suspects, he never called for an arrest. In fact, some of the interviews Benedict conducted led him to suspect a cover-up by the town mayor, Dr. H. F. Connally. Relations between the two schools soured in the wake of these events, especially after the Baylor and A&M presidents released a joint statement sharing the blame for the incident. Both student bodies vehemently protested, blamed the other, and called for a cessation of athletic competition between the two schools. Baylor and A&M would not compete in any capacity for five years after this tragic incident.

This makes me miss the SWC days of Rice's Mob.

• Like 1

He is the aggy version of Toby Keith.  
He is getting on a plane to go get paid. There is money to be made at his destination.

Seriously....who dresses like shit at airports. At worst I wear jeans and a golf shirt with boots and that is on a Sunday. I run in to vendors and customers 4 or 5 times a year at airports. No way I would wear sweatpants and whatever else $15 an hour boy is wearing.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I think that's fucking awesome that O'Hare lets special needs passengers navigate the terminal alone to boost their confidence.  

O'Hare is such a beating.  I'd welcome seeing this guy and bringing some humor to the shitshow that is ORD.  My favorite is watching others stare at dudes like this.  Priceless.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

O'Hare is such a beating.  I'd welcome seeing this guy and bringing some humor to the shitshow that is ORD.  My favorite is watching others stare at dudes like this.  Priceless.   

This right here. ORD is a shit show. 

And @6th Street- Did you tell Gomer that his GF (List Eater) is behind him to his right? Cause he’s clearly wandering around looking for her fat ass...BTW, it could be quite the daunting task to find one’s fatty in ORD due to the exorbitant amount of them in that city/state...region.  Anyone up for  some Geno’s East, a Portillo’s Italian Beef and a side of cheese curds? 

On a flight yesterday, an old dude sitting in front of me was talking with the guy across the aisle. Within 30 seconds of introducing himself, he said he was an aggy. WTF is up with these guys. No one gives a shit. I don’t think I’ve ever said “I’m a Longhorn” unless the conversation was about college or college sports.

• Like 1

This right here. ORD is a shit show. 
And [mention=1000]6th Street[/mention]- Did you tell Gomer that his GF (List Eater) is behind him to his right? Cause he’s clearly wandering around looking for her fat ass...BTW, it could be quite the daunting task to find one’s fatty in ORD due to the exorbitant amount of them in that city/state...region.  Anyone up for  some Geno’s East, a Portillo’s Italian Beef and a side of cheese curds? 
If you would have said Pequods then I would have taken you up on it

40 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

On a flight yesterday, an old dude sitting in front of me was talking with the guy across the aisle. Within 30 seconds of introducing himself, he said he was an aggy. WTF is up with these guys. No one gives a shit. I don’t think I’ve ever said “I’m a Longhorn” unless the conversation was about college or college sports.

Is all part of the mystical aggy network. Young couple moved in across the street a couple months ago. My wife (no pics) went over to greet them and leave some cookies or something. Next day, the girl comes over to thank us, I open the door, she introduces herself and mentions her husbands name. Second sentence out of her mouth is *we went to A&M". I'm thinking wtf, I hadn't even said my name yet. 

6 minutes ago, Blutarski said:

Is all part of the mystical aggy network. Young couple moved in across the street a couple months ago. My wife (no pics) went over to greet them and leave some cookies or something. Next day, the girl comes over to thank us, I open the door, she introduces herself and mentions her husbands name. Second sentence out of her mouth is *we went to A&M". I'm thinking wtf, I hadn't even said my name yet. 

Only neighbors I'm going to miss when we pull up stakes will be the ones across the street who, at a "meet your neighbors party" answered the "What year did you graduate?" question without referencing their college, let their interrogator blather on about all things aggy for five minutes, and then politely, as they were standing up to move to the other side of the room, and said, "Yeah, I have no idea what any of that stuff you were talking about means. I graduated from St. John's College."

1 hour ago, Horndog said:

"Secessation"? What the hell is that? Aggy would not become secessated for another 85 years or so. 

The famous aggy/Baylor fight is a story that isn't often told in its full context. The aggys had long been known as bumpkins and jerks and were disliked by most of the state of Texas. The week before the Baylor game, they players SMU in Dallas. The aggy cadets in the stands were predictably obnoxious, harassing the women in the stands watching the game. There was a fight in the stands with the SMU fans at that game, also.

With knowledge the aggy fans had harassed the women at the SMU games, the Baylor fans were not in the mood to tolerate the rednecks doing the same. When the first aggy started acting like an ass, the Baylor fans let loose and started beating their asses.

Over time, the ags made up the story of hauling a stolen 3,000 practice howitzer on a flatbed rail car with the intent of committing mass murder on the Baylor campus. Keep in mind the howitzer was ordinarily pulled by a team of horses, but the aggys want people to believe after the cadets broke into the armory and committed a felony by stealing federal property, the kids alone moved the gun miles to the train, lifted it themselves onto the rail car, and managed to transfer the piece to another train (there was no direct rail service between College Station and Waco at the time). All without anyone connected with the railroad asking what a bunch of teenagers were doing with a howitzer.The dumbest part of the howitzer/ train story is that there was no live ammunition ever stored even remotely close to College Station. They had no artillery range. They needed no live ammunition. They practiced using wooden dummpy ammunition, which is what they would have had with them on the train, had it actually happened.

but aggys, being dumber than stumps, actually believe "howitzer on the train" fairy tale.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The famous aggy/Baylor fight is a story that isn't often told in its full context. The aggys had long been known as bumpkins and jerks and were disliked by most of the state of Texas. The week before the Baylor game, they players SMU in Dallas. The aggy cadets in the stands were predictably obnoxious, harassing the women in the stands watching the game. There was a fight in the stands with the SMU fans at that game, also.

With knowledge the aggy fans had harassed the women at the SMU games, the Baylor fans were not in the mood to tolerate the rednecks doing the same. When the first aggy started acting like an ass, the Baylor fans let loose and started beating their asses.

Over time, the ags made up the story of hauling a stolen 3,000 practice howitzer on a flatbed rail car with the intent of committing mass murder on the Baylor campus. Keep in mind the howitzer was ordinarily pulled by a team of horses, but the aggys want people to believe after the cadets broke into the armory and committed a felony by stealing federal property, the kids alone moved the gun miles to the train, lifted it themselves onto the rail car, and managed to transfer the piece to another train (there was no direct rail service between College Station and Waco at the time). All without anyone connected with the railroad asking what a bunch of teenagers were doing with a howitzer.The dumbest part of the howitzer/ train story is that there was no live ammunition ever stored even remotely close to College Station. They had no artillery range. They needed no live ammunition. They practiced using wooden dummpy ammunition, which is what they would have had with them on the train, had it actually happened.

but aggys, being dumber than stumps, actually believe "howitzer on the train" fairy tale.

Two things jump out:

aggy is always the victim & Baylor actually knows how to defend their field unlike aggy.

27 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We need a where are they now story on that guy

Absolutely.  Those two cheerleaders, that Corps dipshit, and the DPS Trooper.  It can't be that hard in this day and age to figure out where those four are.  

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No shit. When the most iconic part of your saga is drawing a sword on a cheerleader and still getting your ass kicked, you are not in any way, shape, or form fit to talk trash to anybody.

giphy.gif

And I always get a laugh watching that aggy rentacop grab the SMU cheerleader instead of the corps turd waving & threatening unarmed boys with a big machete.

11 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

And I always get a laugh watching that aggy rentacop grab the SMU cheerleader instead of the corps turd waving & threatening unarmed boys with a big machete.

It gets me every time. What could he have been thinking: "Hey, hey there. Leave that poor man with the sword alone." 

6 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Everyone always overlooks the fact that aggy then and still to this day have all been fine with committing a mass murder over a football game.

• Like 1

Y'all are missing the best part.  I'll assume he doesn't have Global Entry and doesn't have TSA pre-check because, in his own words, "Don't care about pre and check...Ain't giving those homos two chances to touch me."  

So he takes off that fantastic pair of kicks, goes through security, grabs his backpack which I can only assume contains a 2012 Dave Campbell's football magazine signed by Manziel's cousin, a couple of crumpled up napkin phone numbers from Rush Street hookups, and a smart water. 

But he had to take the time to sit down after security, and once again delicately tuck those badass Business Casual pants into those custom made sneakers.  That's the scene I picture.  Did he decide to go a little less tucked on the left side to emphasize the print/logo on that leg?  Was it one of those sorta "uneven to show I don't care" type of things?  I'm thinking what happened was Jimmy Wah, Dat Ngyuen's uncle, looked over at this Aggie tool from the bar he runs in Terminal 3 and said, "You see there?  How his uniform cuff fit so nice into his high-top shoe?  I can do that for you, nice price.  S'ank you very much."  

Edited by Lobo

It gets me every time. What could he have been thinking: "Hey, hey there. Leave that poor man with the sword alone." 
To be fair, the guy with the sword was probably about to get his ass beat.
And Federal Theft. Something about lie cheat or... I forget what all the parts are of that so-called code.

Had a boss once that was an aggy engineer. He was fired for violating all three parts of the aggy code.