• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 6/21/2019 at 2:30 PM, ztejas said:

There's a lot to unpack in this picture, but I'll do my best. 

1. There are no girls hanging out with them.

2. There appears to be one beer between the six of them. And said beer holder is also holding a water. Because light beer isn't hydrating at all and makes you really thirsty. 

3. The only guy dressed appropriately (as in not like a complete fucking goober) is wearing a damn lanyard out of his pocket. 

4. It appears that one ag in the back right is wearing a driver's cap. Do you know who else wears a driver's cap? Bryson Dechambeau. He went to SMU and we actually overlapped there. He's a US Amateur and NCAA Individual champion, and has won 5 times on the PGA Tour at just 25. And does he pull off a driver's cap? No. It still looks fucking stupid. Undergrad aggy at a tailgate? Zero chance, if not negative of pulling it off. Use the trashcan to your left, find a beer to wash down a pull of some Jim Beam, and try and find a female that doesn't have four legs. 

5. Ginger kid needs a fucking haircut yesterday. 

6. Pretty sure those crocs aren't even on brand. 

7. They have ruined 3 perfectly good pairs of jeans. 

Is the croc on the right foot actually a left shoe

Cool story Brojangles - like any MF function in SE/East Texas! Most of the people seen wearing the gawd awe full maroon, never stepped foot in the brain washing portal of B/CS.

I took my daughter (no pics) to SFA’s orientation two weeks ago. Took after Mom and couldn’t get into UT, but has transfer hopes (thanks Dad). I was amazed at the amount of aggy apparel - kids and parents!

My daughter chose SFA for some reason, but by God it isn’t aTm East! I live 5+ hours drive time from that campus, but she likes it?
All the campus towns we drove through, excluding B/CS, I informed her we would’ve already been there if she’d chose that school. It’s just money - and it ain’t hers!

Cool story Brojangles - like any MF function in SE/East Texas! Most of the people seen wearing the gawd awe full maroon, never stepped foot in the brain washing portal of B/CS.

I took my daughter (no pics) to SFA’s orientation two weeks ago. Took after Mom and couldn’t get into UT, but has transfer hopes (thanks Dad). I was amazed at the amount of aggy apparel - kids and parents!

My daughter chose SFA for some reason, but by God it isn’t aTm East! I live 5+ hours drive time from that campus, but she likes it?

All the campus towns we drove through, excluding B/CS, I informed her we would’ve already been there if she’d chose that school. It’s just money - and it ain’t hers!

SFA is a party school. Lived 20 mins away growing up, and we would go down there a lot. One night when when we were cruising through campus saw a chick leaving a frat party butt naked and walking back to her dorm.

That said they do have some good programs: nursing, forestry, etc.

1 hour ago, demos said:

SFA is a party school. Lived 20 mins away growing up, and we would go down there a lot. One night when when we were cruising through campus saw a chick leaving a frat party butt naked and walking back to her dorm.

That said they do have some good programs: nursing, forestry, etc.

You just aged msucolt45 by about 10 years.

• Like 3

On 6/24/2019 at 10:16 PM, Homesickhorn said:

It wasn’t the Murrays.

Based on your statements and after perusing the rosters of the '01 A&M baseball team and the '04 Texas baseball team, I'm going to guess it was Chris and Ryan Russ from Kerrville.  Chris Russ was on the A&M baseball team as of 2001 and was drafted that year by the Yankees.  He spent 7 seasons in the minors and the Mexican League, making it as high as AAA ball before hanging it up.  His younger brother, Ryan, played on the '04 Texas team that made it to the CWS finals, starting 38 games and hitting .302.  Given that he only played in 45 of the 73 games Texas played that season, I'm going to guess (since I can't recall) that he got hurt at some point.  Anyway, feel free to let me know if I'm wrong.

There was a Howell (Brent) who played aggie baseball in '01 and a Howell (J.P.) who played at Texas in '04, but they were not brothers as far as I know.  Brent Howell went to high school in Boerne, but J.P. was from California.    

Edited by Carl Spackler

14 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Based on your statements and after perusing the rosters of the '01 A&M baseball team and the '04 Texas baseball team, I'm going to guess it was Chris and Ryan Russ from Kerrville.  Chris Russ was on the A&M baseball team as of 2001 and was drafted that year by the Yankees.  He spent 7 seasons in the minors and the Mexican League, making it as high as AAA ball before hanging it up.  His younger brother, Ryan, played on the '04 Texas team that made it to the CWS finals, starting 38 games and hitting .302.  Given that he only played in 45 of the 73 games Texas played that season, I'm going to guess (since I can't recall) that he got hurt at some point.  Anyway, feel free to let me know if I'm wrong.

There was a Howell (Brent) who played aggie baseball in '01 and a Howell (J.P.) who played at Texas in '04, but they were not brothers as far as I know.  Brent Howell went to high school in Boerne, but J.P. was from California.    

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Based on your statements and after perusing the rosters of the '01 A&M baseball team and the '04 Texas baseball team, I'm going to guess it was Chris and Ryan Russ from Kerrville.  Chris Russ was on the A&M baseball team as of 2001 and was drafted that year by the Yankees.  He spent 7 seasons in the minors and the Mexican League, making it as high as AAA ball before hanging it up.  His younger brother, Ryan, played on the '04 Texas team that made it to the CWS finals, starting 38 games and hitting .302.  Given that he only played in 45 of the 73 games Texas played that season, I'm going to guess (since I can't recall) that he got hurt at some point.  Anyway, feel free to let me know if I'm wrong. There was a Howell (Brent) who played aggie baseball in '01 and a Howell (J.P.) who played at Texas in '04, but they were not brothers as far as I know.  Brent Howell went to high school in Boerne, but J.P. was from California.    

Boerne was our rival in high school. We gave Chris all kinds of shit when he roomed with Brent at aggy. After baseball, Chris went back and got his masters at aggy. Five years ago he actually took over as head coach for Tivy when our old coach finally retired.

You’re right on with your assumption that Ryan was injured for a large part of the 04 season. He went on to coach at Texas under Auggie until they all got canned. He and his wife own Austin Prosthetics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Some great films back in the day.

1939 is often considered as the greatest year all-time for movies.  It is no wonder that aggy must associate with that year too.  However, unlike a make-believe movie that has an ending, the make believe world that is aggy is never ending.

25 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I beg to differ... dirt burglars can be just as trite:

2-A950-F78-27-FF-4-C16-8905-3-D435-BD666

To be fair that's a much better rivalry. I mean, I dont know why they would make shirts to brag about beating a 7 win Texas team, but I'm sure plenty of 45-35 shirts were made.

(Has aggy ever beat us in a top 5 matchup though?)

2 hours ago, Chad said:

Only aggy would create a tshirt to commemorate such an occasion.

D-CrkGiWwAI0Kyq.jpg

Invalid shirt.  Bad aggy.  No aggy has ever "seen them lose."  Also no SECSECSEC badge (although we don't see the front, where it's probable the SECSECSEC badge features prominently).

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Certainly you have forgotten about the Fightin' Texas Aggy, Can't Quit/Won't Quit can-do spirit of one Johnny Jolly, sir. 

you know, he looks like a clown dancing there, but I can kind of feel his frustration. It's not like Jolly wasn't a decent player. He was one of the better players on that team. For them to come out and just get completely humiliated like that, to have all his teammates around him quit, to listen to the fans taunting them for three hours-- I think he was just completely fucking fed up. 

Charitably, that's how I interpret the Jolly Dance, now. He was just embarrassed and pissed off at his teammates and it was out of frustration more than "look at me, I made a big defensive stop!"

He's an Aggie though so I'm probably 100% wrong on all of that and he really did think he was showing everybody how great he was.

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They then went on to drop their final two games to Arkansas and USC by a combined 51-6 score.

Ha ha, yup. And even funnier, they were a Bo Schembechler brainfart away from being #1 after our game-- Michigan had Ohio State on the ropes and even after a late OSU TD, that game was 14-14 with three minutes ago. Schembechler went for broke and opened up his passing game and Ohio State intercepted and ran it back inside the 5. If Bo had just punted, the game would have ended in a tie and A&M would have been #1 before its epic collapse.