• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

My bookie has the season wins over/under set to 7.5 wins. That's what $75 million gets you.
That's about right before bowl season for them. I'll give them 8 wins then another december 20th win over some random ACC school with 6 wins like carolina. It will be a huge success to beat mack brown, unless daddy wont let them play mack and have them play Colorado state or similar.

7 hours ago, jTower said:

and how many graduates haven't "run out of life"

I think it’s great for A&M to offer a bare-bones post-secondary vocational education to the masses. I just wish A&M administrators would define the mission of the school. 

Literally, since 1876 that school has been a branch of UT in search of a mission. Enough already. Define your purpose and seek to improve how you fulfill that mission. 150 years of fucking off at public expense is enough. 

On 7/4/2019 at 9:30 PM, msucolt45 said:

I’m 49, and outside of the cheating J. Sherrill era, they have nothing to show.

It was “hell” growing up in the mid-eighties!

....and how many national championships and top 4 rankings did they have during this time???

6 hours ago, markstanco said:
10 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:
My bookie has the season wins over/under set to 7.5 wins. That's what $75 million gets you.

That's about right before bowl season for them. I'll give them 8 wins then another december 20th win over some random ACC school with 6 wins like carolina. It will be a huge success to beat mack brown, unless daddy wont let them play mack and have them play Colorado state or similar.

They'll lose at least one to Auburn or the 2 Mississippi schools.  It's what they do.  At some point Arkansas or South Carolina will beat them.  Aggy has been lucky in those games for to long.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, markstanco said:
15 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

you forgot the spring game silly sip...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I think it’s great for A&M to offer a bare-bones post-secondary vocational education to the masses. I just wish A&M administrators would define the mission of the school. 

Literally, since 1876 that school has been a branch of UT in search of a mission. Enough already. Define your purpose and seek to improve how you fulfill that mission. 150 years of fucking off at public expense is enough. 

Duke, explain the aggy money shit show. I'm losing an argument with my Gator cousin. He says they make the most money and spend it wisely and they have comparable funds as Texas blah blah. Part of it is SECSEC but it's also in these fucking Forbes articles n shit he shows me. It's hard to explain because I don't know the specifics or sources. Aren't aggy a sinking shit financially?

24 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Duke, explain the aggy money shit show. I'm losing an argument with my Gator cousin. He says they make the most money and spend it wisely and they have comparable funds as Texas blah blah. Part of it is SECSEC but it's also in these fucking Forbes articles n shit he shows me. It's hard to explain because I don't know the specifics or sources. Aren't aggy a sinking shit financially?

A&M brings in around $140 million in operating revenue and pretty much breaks even at that level.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2018/01/29/texas-am-operating-revenue/1077373001/

34 minutes ago, Zavala said:

He says they make the most money and spend it wisely and they have comparable funds as Texas

So he thinks signing the Florida State coach for that much money was a good idea? What kind of terrible Florida fan is he? Does he also wear a Miami U chain?

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

RD can give you the specifics, but the cliff’s notes are that they claim 1/3 of the PUF as their endowment (which they can’t spend, that would be the AUF), and they claim of the system school’s endowment including PVA&M as their endowment.  They double dip and claim both the bond money they get and the donations used to pay for the bonds for their new tackle box as revenue for athletics but never claim the actual cost of construction, interest, or repayment.  They still owe the university money even after all of these years of “profits”.  Basically aggy does the opposite of what UGA did and claims to be super profitable when it’s all just smoke a mirrors since they never claim any of the debt they incurred in the books of the AD.  Also they just recently begged the state for more money during the lege session because they didn’t realize that growing from 45k students to 65k student would cost more money.  They pay less for professors than most other schools, even less than UH, and they acceptance rate and student per class ratio are some of the highest in the state.  Basically it’s a shitty school that’s acting like they have a bunch of money but when you actually look past the façade you realize it’s a glorified clown college in the middle of a city where it’s biggest landmark is a water tower surrounded by Soviet style architecture at its finest.

Don't forget that the school is having to make such severe budget cuts, there is a serious question whether they will be able to continue publishing a school newspaper.

11 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Don't forget that the school is having to make such severe budget cuts, there is a serious question whether they will be able to continue publishing a school newspaper.

Well, to be fair, a more serious question would be why they ever pretended that the completely bureaucratically co-opted marketing materials that they were publishing should be called a 'newspaper'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

That Forbes article that gives such an insane "valuation" to aggy was written by somebody who is financially illiterate.   Counting capital campaign donations as "income" makes no sense, in any way.

absolutely sec matches groid against mack.
lose, you didn't want to be there.
win, you beat the sips.

Trust me, I’m no SEC advocate, but I’m almost positive that 95% of the conference has called all bets off when it comes to aggy. They’ve dodged bowl games against opponents that would probably beat them because they begged the conference to do so in order to “broaden their recruiting element in Tennessee, North Carolina, or Florida”.
Unfortunately, they lost that “element” to Wake Forest in North Carolina, and unfortunately, lost their recruiting edge in Texas to Kansas State in 2016.
Sorry aggy, I’m pretty sure even the conference is done bailing your ass out of your own shit. Fuck you.
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

RD can give you the specifics, but the cliff’s notes are that they claim 1/3 of the PUF as their endowment (which they can’t spend, that would be the AUF), and they claim of the system school’s endowment including PVA&M as their endowment.  They double dip and claim both the bond money they get and the donations used to pay for the bonds for their new tackle box as revenue for athletics but never claim the actual cost of construction, interest, or repayment.  They still owe the university money even after all of these years of “profits”.  Basically aggy does the opposite of what UGA did and claims to be super profitable when it’s all just smoke a mirrors since they never claim any of the debt they incurred in the books of the AD.  Also they just recently begged the state for more money during the lege session because they didn’t realize that growing from 45k students to 65k student would cost more money.  They pay less for professors than most other schools, even less than UH, and their acceptance rate and student per class ratio are some of the highest in the state.  Basically it’s a shitty school that’s acting like they have a bunch of money but when you actually look past the façade you realize it’s a glorified clown college in the middle of a city where it’s biggest landmark is a water tower surrounded by Soviet style architecture at its finest.

Can I get this on a t-shirt or coffee mug?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

RD can give you the specifics, but the cliff’s notes are that they claim 1/3 of the PUF as their endowment (which they can’t spend, that would be the AUF), and they claim of the system school’s endowment including PVA&M as their endowment.  They double dip and claim both the bond money they get and the donations used to pay for the bonds for their new tackle box as revenue for athletics but never claim the actual cost of construction, interest, or repayment.  They still owe the university money even after all of these years of “profits”.  Basically aggy does the opposite of what UGA did and claims to be super profitable when it’s all just smoke a mirrors since they never claim any of the debt they incurred in the books of the AD.  Also they just recently begged the state for more money during the lege session because they didn’t realize that growing from 45k students to 65k student would cost more money.  They pay less for professors than most other schools, even less than UH, and their acceptance rate and student per class ratio are some of the highest in the state.  Basically it’s a shitty school that’s acting like they have a bunch of money but when you actually look past the façade you realize it’s a glorified clown college in the middle of a city where it’s biggest landmark is a water tower surrounded by Soviet style architecture at its finest.

ministry of information fatwa forthcoming.

13 hours ago, EZ$ said:

....and how many national championships and top 4 rankings did they have during this time???

They don't have shit except for beating Kansas State in the Big 12 title game in 1998 thanks largely to a kid from Luling named Matt Baumgartner.  His Dad and Grandpa were Texas football players and he was a high school stud receiver in the mold of Jordan Shipley.  Fucking Mack Brown did not recruit him.  He torched Mack's ass for the  aggy win in 1999 and caught a huge pass in that 98 championship game to seal the aggy win.