• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

At dinner last night, this couple mentioned a trip to Normandy. We asked how it was, as we’d always wanted to go to Normandy, and we want to plan a trip soon. The couple said it was amazing and detailed what the did, but said the tour was great except for a group of 15 Aggys. They brought a Aggy flag and planted it and were taking pictures with it everywhere. They kept telling everyone else on the tour that Aggy cadets won the war so they should be thankful. So the couple had to apologize to everyone they spoke with, as most all the people were appalled. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

At dinner last night, this couple mentioned a trip to Normandy. We asked how it was, as we’d always wanted to go to Normandy, and we want to plan a trip soon. The couple said it was amazing and detailed what the did, but said the tour was great except for a group of 15 Aggys. They brought a Aggy flag and planted it and were taking pictures with it everywhere. They kept telling everyone else on the tour that Aggy cadets won the war so they should be thankful. So the couple had to apologize to everyone they spoke with, as most all the people were appalled. 

My wife's best friend is from the Netherlands. Back when we first moved to College Station, this woman whose whole life had encompassed gratitude to Americans for rescuing her parents from a concentration camp had never heard of Texas A&M, nor the Corps of Cadets, and when she looked them up and saw some of these outlandish claims regarding WW II, she asked a pertinent question: "Why do Americans put up with such nonsense?"

I don't know, ma'am, I really don't.

• Like 3

Just now, BurntEyes said:

Holy fucking shit.

If they were actually saying and doing that, what the fuck. :all caps:

Whattya mean "if"?

Facebook is full of pictures like that. It's practically required of aggy visiting Europe to act like jackasses at every solemn site. What else would you expect from people who "Whoop!" at weddings and funerals?

I guess I'm in denial.
I know they are buffoons of the highest order I just... Maybe I held out a tiny modicum of hope they were not actually that fucking obtuse and obscene.
As I have said before here, never underestimate the power of stupidity.
I should take my own advice.

Exactly. Fucking. This. As fun as it is to hear and tell aggy stories, I pray this one is embellished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I miss from tos is the story of the fat chick at the aggie ticket window. can't remember exactly the context but I remember the jest of it fit the fan base perfectly.  The other story I have that always made me laugh was the time Tech beat the aggies and Mckinney's dad got in a fight exiting the stadium. 

54 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

One thing I miss from tos is the story of the fat chick at the aggie ticket window. can't remember exactly the context but I remember the jest of it fit the fan base perfectly.  The other story I have that always made me laugh was the time Tech beat the aggies and Mckinney's dad got in a fight exiting the stadium. 

when they (aggy) line up for tickets they have a list to sign so that people do not have to actually stand right in line they just walk up and sign the list and then hang around wherever close by until the ticket window opens

fat bitch walks up right to the ticket window and waits and everyone confronts her that there is the list and as things get heated the fat pig grabs the list and eats it

I know it is aggy so it is a funny story, but I probably would have punched that fat cunt in the face for being such a piece of shit

in the end she got her tickets pretty much before everyone because the "rule" was be in line and the list was not "official"

42 minutes ago, Player said:

One of my favorite parts of the listeater saga...

jan-01-2005-dallas-tx-usa-ncaa-college-basketball-tennessee-38-texas-DM6AJ5.jpg

...is that all of those rubes stood in that line for the privilege of watching Fran shit the bed in the Cotton Bowl.

I was working the concession stands as a kid at that game. That Cotton Bowl was glorious (for everyone except aggy)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

I was working the concession stands as a kid at that game. That Cotton Bowl was glorious (for everyone except aggy)

I was in the lobby of the team hotel in Century City, CA that morning, along with Mack Brown, Earl Campbell, Frank Denius, and many other important Longhorns. That game was on TVs in the area and a lot of people were snickering and shaking their heads.

Then our Horns went out and kicked ass in a game that was an important step towards our 2005 national championship. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:30 AM, pyrohornIII said:

This is coming out soon.   Not a parody, I promise.  Like how they say "a college" changed...not a "world class university"

IMG_20190711_152829395.jpg

The guy who knew how to spell "university" was out that day. 

Here's facts without USC chocking their last championship is in 1970

Yeah well without Texas choking it would have been in 1983. Without Colt getting hurt we would have 2 since 1970. If the BCS was never a thing we maybe take one home in 2008 as well. 

Let's just retroactively change every year's champion since "chocking" isn't a fair way to evaluate the result of a football game. Sometimes you just run out of time, am I right? 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

"Conference powers Texas A&M and Mississippi State."

They are equivalents even if not actual conference powers.

Maybe there's some sort of hydroelectric generator kind of thing going on downstream from the sewage treatment plant. That would qualify as "power", wouldn't it?