• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 7/8/2019 at 9:48 AM, Randolph Duke said:

In all fairness to Texas A&M, they are finally beginning to focus on a mission as an institution.

Instead of simply trying to (badly) mimic what UT Austin was doing, A&M is now focusing on churning out mid-level graduates in STEM-related majors. None of them will be capable of setting the world on fire, but they will be qualified to fill entry and middle management roles in technical fields. They are reaching out to the state community colleges and junior colleges to act as a finishing school for students at those institutions. Finally, at their RELLIS campus, they will be taking students who couldn't qualify at most other institutions, and the developmentally impaired, and giving them the vocational training they need to become gainfully employed in an increasingly technology-driven economy.

Do I expect them to fuck all of that up? Of course, they are aggy.

Remember that aggy is funded at half the level of UT Austin, so their dreams of becoming what UT Austin is have long been unattainable. But by pivoting toward the model of a finishing school for JUCOs and community colleges, with an attached vocational training school for slow learners, they may have finally found something they can aspire to become.

So what you're saying is aggy will be more effecient delivering pizzas. 

8 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

So what you're saying is aggy will be more effecient delivering pizzas. 

who could forget that amazing autumn day, way back in 1996, when an enterprising Aggie first realized "if we took more than one pizza delivery with us when we left the restaurant, we could make multiple deliveries on one trip, and save a lot of time and fuel!"

of course, that Aggie was fired for being an egghead faget who don't respeck are traditions!!!!! but eventually his heretical ways caught on and now pizzas all over Bryan-College Station are delivered that way

• Like 1

The stupid, fucking aggys literally have no clue what defines excellence in post-secondary education.

It is truly sad that the people of Texas continue to piss away money supporting Texas A&M, when much of the money could be diverted to other campuses and help produce graduates far better prepared to support the Texas economy.

Another insipid metric used to "prove aggy educational greatness" is their community service projects. Government institutions assign community service to miscreants in an attempt to rehabilitate them and help them become marginally productive in society. The miscreants are often dressed on orange jumpsuits. Projects of that sort have nothing to do with better educational outcomes for post-secondary students.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

The stupid, fucking aggys literally have no clue what defines excellence in post-secondary education.

It is truly sad that the people of Texas continue to piss away money supporting Texas A&M, when much of the money could be diverted to other campuses and help produce graduates far better prepared to support the Texas economy.

Another insipid metric used to "prove aggy educational greatness" is their community service projects. Government institutions assign community service to miscreants in an attempt to rehabilitate them and help them become marginally productive in society. The miscreants are often dressed on orange jumpsuits. Projects of that sort have nothing to do with better educational outcomes for post-secondary students.

Absolutely the greatest RD post ever!   RD a bad mofo!!

Clemson area hotel fucking over aggy game day guest (no not charging a pet fee for sheep)

https://andystravelblog.boardingarea.com/2019/07/09/courtyard-marriott-clemson-cancellation/

sounds like Clemson fans are also getting fucked

if they did this shit to me I would rampage through the lobby after the game and tear the shit out of the place

• Haha 1

Yeah, they are getting screwed, but I do recall how aggy fans sneered at Mack Brown’s complaints about the B/CS hotel the Longhorn team stayed in for the “Funeral Bowl” game. The hotel kitchen failed to provide the contracted team breakfast the morning of the game, and coaches had to scramble to find some fast food breakfasts from around town.

After that fiasco, UT football teams never stayed in a local hotel again when we played at Pyle Field. They booked a resort hotel about an hour away.

• Like 3

They never change. Wally Scott told me about the time they played at aggy and the field was pure mud. They went into the locker room at half and aggy had only provided washcloths, instead of towels. They ended up losing that game, and next year, back in Austin, Coach made a point of letting them know he made sure the best hotel in town had provided aggy the finest towels they had.

"We went out and kicked the shit outta them."

• Like 3

The aggy student outed on the internet for being a racist issued an apology to the Bryan tv station, which the station aired while granting the student anonymity. https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-President-responds-to-viral-video-with-racist-remarks-512078961.html

Inside Higher Ed ran a lengthy article about the incident.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/07/09/calls-expulsion-texas-am-student-who-used-racial-slurs-viral-video

A Racist ‘Biology Lesson’

Calls for expulsion for a Texas A&M student who used racial slurs in a video gone viral on campus -- only the latest incident to be caught on social media.

Marriott's systems have been fucked for a year since they refused to pay Oracle as part of the Starwood merger.

My guess is sheer incompetence is the root cause of this situation.  Shenanigan probability is low given Clemsonites are also affected.

That it happened to aggy is simply par for the course.

They invite their own asshattery.

5 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Yeah, they are getting screwed, but I do recall how aggy fans sneered at Mack Brown’s complaints about the B/CS hotel the Longhorn team stayed in for the “Funeral Bowl” game. The hotel kitchen failed to provide the contracted team breakfast the morning of the game, and coaches had to scramble to find some fast food breakfasts from around town.

After that fiasco, UT football teams never stayed in a local hotel again when we played at Pyle Field. They booked a resort hotel about an hour away.

Lake Conroe in Montgomery? 

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

The aggy student outed on the internet for being a racist issued an apology to the Bryan tv station, which the station aired while granting the student anonymity. https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Texas-AM-President-responds-to-viral-video-with-racist-remarks-512078961.html

Inside Higher Ed ran a lengthy article about the incident.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2019/07/09/calls-expulsion-texas-am-student-who-used-racial-slurs-viral-video

A Racist ‘Biology Lesson’

Calls for expulsion for a Texas A&M student who used racial slurs in a video gone viral on campus -- only the latest incident to be caught on social media.

Texas A&M will never begin to move past its racist roots until, and unless, the A&M administrators make it a priority to admit and address the history of the institution. They chose Jefferson Davis as their first school president. Sul Ross was a virulent racist guilty of war crimes against African-American U.S. Army soldiers taken prisoner. To this day, they maintain an aggy faculty/ alumni Klan robe collection in the Cushing Library on the A&M campus.

Nothing will change until they acknowledge and admit the racist history of Texas A&M and aggy culture.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

Clarence broke aggy with one tweet. Seems like there are a ton of people pissed over this tweet, including Looch.

Screen Shot 2019-07-11 at 2.22.29 PM.png

And yet that game, like every single other one in the history of Texas A&M football, meant nothing. They didn't even play for their conference championship. Again.  

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

HE. BROKE. IT. DOWN!!

Too bad.  aggy probably had another fake national title to go on the wall.

they know in their hearts though, they played and won the GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT. they KNOW it, therefore it is a FACT

I kind of like this logic though-- they were so goddamned proud of the Wrecking Crew defense for so long, and now they think the merit of a game is solely determined by how many combined points are scored

Edited by SwanderedTalent
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I kind of like this logic though-- they were so goddamned proud of the Wrecking Crew defense for so long, and now they think the merit of a game is solely determined by how many combined points are scored

If you are going to be praising aggy for consistency, the odds are pretty good you are talking about the composting lab in their soil sciences school.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

they know in their hearts though, they played and won the GREATEST FOOTBALL GAME IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT. they KNOW it, therefore it is a FACT

What happens when Texas beats LSU (without overtime) and then aggy goes on to lose to LSU this year?

• Like 1

Kris HalamudaProtected Tweets

@SportyPunk

Texas State University Alumni. I love sports. I love the Packers,Spurs, Houston Astros Chicago Blackhawks and Texas A&M Aggies. Get at me! #TxStTrendSetters.

This dude is all over the map with his sports fandom.

TShirt Aggy at it's finest.

2 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

Kris HalamudaProtected Tweets

@SportyPunk

Texas State University Alumni. I love sports. I love the Packers,Spurs, Houston Astros Chicago Blackhawks and Texas A&M Aggies. Get at me! #TxStTrendSetters.

This dude is all over the map with his sports fandom.

TShirt Aggy at it's finest.

Gee, what an interesting grouping of teams, I wonder what they could have in common. Like I wonder if they were all the champions or top contenders in their sport all at the same time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Gee, what an interesting grouping of teams, I wonder what they could have in common. Like I wonder if they were all the champions or top contenders in their sport all at the same time.

What a goof.

All contenders except......

Them not winning that award wasn't even close to the biggest disgrace...have Trae Young on the "Breakout Star" ballot, after losing Rookie of the Year to Luka(who wasn't even in the category) by 98 out of 100 first place votes is way more egregious.

4 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

I can't say whining about not winning an Espy is the most aggy thing ever (that would have to be fucking a goat or having a circle jerk with fellow cadets), but it's up there.

It is institutionalized victim mentality. They literally hunt for things to feel slighted about. Who watches ESPN anymore anyway when a game is not on?

• Like 1