• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

15 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Probably but their defense is likely trash. I still think UAB is the bigger trap game. 

That's the problem in picking ULM in an outright upset... As the aggy offense would have to sputter to the point that after the game changes would need to be made on staff...

25 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

That's the problem in picking ULM in an outright upset... As the aggy offense would have to sputter to the point that after the game changes would need to be made on staff...

Wouldn't be surprised to see some aggy injuries after Clemson and they sit some other guys out before playing Bama' like we did after ND a couple years ago.

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see some aggy injuries after Clemson and they sit some other guys out before playing Bama' like we did after ND a couple years ago.

I hadn't thought of that angle, being injured or banged up on either side of the ball gives 'em a shot at the upset...

On 8/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, ousux said:
On 8/7/2018 at 10:29 AM, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I sweatergawd there was an autonomous car on the tollway the other day, but it was an ordinary car (mid 2k's Camry) that didn't look so equipped and didn't appear to have passengers either. Turns out it was a tiny Asian lady who's line of sight had to be directly at the instrument panel and nothing else. *shudders*

giphy.gif

• Like 4

ULM has a great Offense but a terrible defense. However, that entire defense does return next year. They will be pretty damn good if they can play mediocre D. Also played the Jimbo squad of FSU last year and held in for a half before imploding. Probably are better then Nicholls State of last year though, and Nicholls should have won. They might give A & M and Ole Miss games especially since A & M will be reclimbing the roller coaster after the loss to Clemson and jerking themselves off over a possible Bama snipe for two weeks. 

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Bama physically beating on them leading to Arky upset the following week is the more likely upset scenario  

No one has mentioned the possibility of the guys that signed on for Sumlin's swag wagon quitting on Jimbo when he goes off on them after a loss. 

There could already be some resistance right now, but their media is more "aligned" with the company line unlike our doom and gloom, drama chasers that cover Texas, so this won't become evident until the games start playing.   

Edited by UTEX_ME

39 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

There could already be some resistance right now, but their media is more "aligned" with the company line unlike our doom and gloom, drama chasers that cover Texas, so this won't become evident until the games start playing.   

I'm not sure which media types I hate more.

So I am at the Astros game last night sitting in the Insperity Club. Getting the drink on, expecting to watch Justin Verlander do his thing. Verlander comes out and gets destroyed.....6 runs in 2 innings, 3 home runs yielded...making the Mariners look like the damn Bronx Bombers and gets yanked after 2 innings.

As I get up to go order another cold one, the douche detector on my phone starts going off, almost as if to detect a significant disturbance in the force. Lo and behold, Chin Pubes is in the row behind me, in all his douchetastic glory, sporting some bigger than normal sized Ag ring (though I thought he was a t-shirt fan, not an actual grad). Dude spend all night working the room with a smug look of confidence, no doubt hyping up to the Ag sycophants in the joint about the supposed future glories of Jimbo at the high point of most every Aggie season (August). It was fascinating seeing that dude out in the wild and every bit douchetastic as you would imagine. 

So now I had a rational explanation for Verlander's suckage last night-the presence of a douchetastic force that was more powerful than Verlander's pitching. But hey, the Astros best player last night was Tony Kemp, Vandy alum, so S-E-C S-E-C.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"makes me wish I'd grown up in Dallas "

Then I would have never met your mom, and you would have never been born.

They really are insufferable. And like flies, they fuck up everything they touch.

I can't believe there are actually people who want us to play them again. They never shut the fuck up, no matter what.

I know it's been rumored, maybe even reported, that Jimbo's salary or a portion of his salary will be directly funded by certain donors of the school. I also know when questioned about the rationale of a 10 year guaranteed deal John "not so" Sharp joked he would have made it longer if he could. What do want to bet the reason a contract hasn't been executed is because, after playing the big dog and shooting off their mouth, aggy is struggling to provide the guarantee in a form that's acceptable to Jimbo and his agent.

48 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Stay out of the suburbs.  Much less aggy in the city.

I live in a burb, though it is much more balanced. Almost as many LSU as Ag and a fair number of UT folks (along with a smattering of other schools). 

There are 2 types of Ag it seems. The type that let you know they are Ag within the first 5 minutes of meeting them (without you asking about where they went to school) and the type that seem to have grown out of it. I'll let you guess the type I'll tend to associate with. 

I know it's been rumored, maybe even reported, that Jimbo's salary or a portion of his salary will be directly funded by certain donors of the school. I also know when questioned about the rationale of a 10 year guaranteed deal John "not so" Sharp joked he would have made it longer if he could. What do want to bet the reason a contract hasn't been executed is because, after playing the big dog and shooting off their mouth, aggy is struggling to provide the guarantee in a form that's acceptable to Jimbo and his agent.

Everything I had heard about that asinine contract was that the money was already put up by some big money ags.

17 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Everything I had heard about that asinine contract was that the money was already put up by some big money ags.

Yeah, they're just waiting on a buyer for Buzbee's tank, then they should have enough to finalize everything. 

If Jimbo hasn't signed by kickoff of the first game, then is he technically allowed to coach per NCAA rules? He wouldn't technically be an employee of the university.

I've got to think there is some rule concerning this. You can't just let anyone be the coach on the field or some school would have fired a coach midseason and let a potential replacement coach a game as a tryout by now. Or had a "guest head coach" from an NFL team or something.

6 hours ago, sdm said:

doesn't the state issue a report of how much each state employee is being paid by the state?

17 minutes ago, Deej said:

FSU didn't have the built in advantage of gay milkmen, dead dogs, and jizz jars. 

That's right, just wait till those Clemson boys slip on that jizz, fall down and get bit by Reveille and mounted by a milkman. I say aggy has an easy win there.

15 hours ago, RedDirtTexan said:

I figure at this point he's an at-will employee of the State of Texas. As soon as he signs he'll be subject to the terms of his agreement. That's my thought. 

Oh you mean like the standard language included in most contracts about abiding by NCAA rules and being subject to termination for cause if NCAA rules are violated? Kidding. Sort of. Maybe not?

16 hours ago, Modessit said:

If Jimbo hasn't signed by kickoff of the first game, then is he technically allowed to coach per NCAA rules? He wouldn't technically be an employee of the university.

I've got to think there is some rule concerning this. You can't just let anyone be the coach on the field or some school would have fired a coach midseason and let a potential replacement coach a game as a tryout by now. Or had a "guest head coach" from an NFL team or something.

Oral contracts can be binding in many situations not involving real property. All that needs to be present are an offer, acceptance, and consideration. All a written agreement does is clarifies the terms of the contract. I’m sure there was a term sheet signed by both parties prior to the drafting of the contract. They are most likely operating under the provisions of the term sheet. 

On 8/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, RowdyVic said:

Yo..does anyone have this gif handy? I would like to add it to my collection.

Check out @HornsFan29’s Tweet:

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Well, the good news is no farm animals were harmed during the filming of this kiss..? 😂

On 8/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, PencilPusher said:

So I am at the Astros game last night sitting in the Insperity Club. Getting the drink on, expecting to watch Justin Verlander do his thing. Verlander comes out and gets destroyed.....6 runs in 2 innings, 3 home runs yielded...making the Mariners look like the damn Bronx Bombers and gets yanked after 2 innings.

As I get up to go order another cold one, the douche detector on my phone starts going off, almost as if to detect a significant disturbance in the force. Lo and behold, Chin Pubes is in the row behind me, in all his douchetastic glory, sporting some bigger than normal sized Ag ring (though I thought he was a t-shirt fan, not an actual grad). Dude spend all night working the room with a smug look of confidence, no doubt hyping up to the Ag sycophants in the joint about the supposed future glories of Jimbo at the high point of most every Aggie season (August). It was fascinating seeing that dude out in the wild and every bit douchetastic as you would imagine. 

So now I had a rational explanation for Verlander's suckage last night-the presence of a douchetastic force that was more powerful than Verlander's pitching. But hey, the Astros best player last night was Tony Kemp, Vandy alum, so S-E-C S-E-C.

I saw Loochi and JFF at a midtown bar a few years ago when JFF was still in the NFL. I never saw Loochi blowing JFF, but I assumed they went to the bathroom to do it or something