Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Wish I'd taken a picture of it, but last night at Taco Cabana, I saw the family of a presumably new student moving in, and they were all adorned in an identical maroon t-shirt. On the front it had an "SEC" logo, and nothing else. On the back was a deer, all the logos of all the SEC teams, and the words "Hunting Season". You had to look really hard for the small "Texas A&M" words on the back, they were hidden in the swirl of all the other stuff.

Pathetic lack of self-image, just really boggled my mind. And I freaking live here, so you'd think I'd be used to it by now. We're listing our house in a couple of months, so my time in agroidville is limited, praise be.

• Like 1

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

54 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Wish I'd taken a picture of it, but last night at Taco Cabana, I saw the family of a presumably new student moving in, and they were all adorned in an identical maroon t-shirt. On the front it had an "SEC" logo, and nothing else. On the back was a deer, all the logos of all the SEC teams, and the words "Hunting Season". You had to look really hard for the small "Texas A&M" words on the back, they were hidden in the swirl of all the other stuff.

Pathetic lack of self-image, just really boggled my mind. And I freaking live here, so you'd think I'd be used to it by now. We're listing our house in a couple of months, so my time in agroidville is limited, praise be.

We will need to wash you, your family, your dog, and all your belongings in tomato juice.  Kind of like a Mormon Temple Ordinance.

• Like 1

From Texags. Vet gives his diagnosis on Clemons injury.

"First, based on Jimbo's description of the fracture as "there is a little bone out there", this could be what is commonly called a Jones fracture, or fracture of the 5th metatarsal base. It is a common injury of athletes and occurs when the toes are planted and the foot moves inward. This is purely conjecture on my part, based on the description and my medical experience (DVM and MD)."

12 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

"First, based on Jimbo's description of the fracture as "there is a little bone out there", this could be what is commonly called a Jones fracture, or fracture of the 5th metatarsal base. It is a common injury of athletes and occurs when the toes are planted and the foot moves inward. This is purely conjecture on my part, based on the description and my medical experience (DVM and MD)."

So... what's a 6-8 week recovery time come to in horse weeks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

FarSideCartoon_1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Does he practice at Sacred Heart Horse Hospital? Is his name John Dorian?

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

lol...so Mack is going into his final college season, but this guy is comparing how overrated he is to two guys who have yet to become eligible to take a snap - and stating their overrated-ness as fact. Got it. 

They're sips, ya stupid sip. Of course they're overrated

Connelly previewed them today: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/6/17573446/texas-am-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

By the end of the first month, Fisher will have faced perhaps the country’s two national title favorites in Clemson (at home on September 7) and Alabama (in Tuscaloosa on September 21). The schedule eases up afterward, as he only has to face S&P+ projected No. 5 Auburn and No. 14 Mississippi State on the road and No. 16 LSU and No. 25 Ole Miss at home in the final two months.

If nothing else, the schedule should keep expectations tamped down. The Aggies could still be pretty successful — they are projected 24th because of high returning production and solid recruiting, and there are five opponents projected 52nd or worse — and S&P+ projects them likely to win around seven games, while eight isn’t out of the realm of possibility. Come close to that, return most of your offense in 2019, and let expectations grow from there.

Fisher would have to produce SEC titles and national title contention to live up to his gaudy contract, and I’m not sure he’ll get there. But give him a couple of years to mold this still-young roster and add his own blue-chippers, and he should give the SEC West another pretty awesome program.

Should have said:

"What are some crazy rumors about A&M?"

Well, supposedly they have a scoreboard for their dead dog mascots. Wait, that's not a rumor. Supposedly they jizz in a jar before the bonfire. Oh, that's not a rumor either. Well then, most of their stories about U.T. are completely fan fiction. Nope. That's the truth.

Ummmm...they're some weird motherfuckers.

• Like 2

are there really not any Aggies that realize how stupid the stripes on the shoulders look? 

look, their uniforms are never going to be anything special but the maroon helmet, maroon jersey, white pants, blek shoes look at home and maroon helmet, white jersey, maroon pants look was as good as it got for them

0022001-sjsk-203x270.jpg

Edited by SwanderedTalent