• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

10 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Oral contracts can be binding in many situations not involving real property. All that needs to be present are an offer, acceptance, and consideration. All a written agreement does is clarifies the terms of the contract. I’m sure there was a term sheet signed by both parties prior to the drafting of the contract. They are most likely operating under the provisions of the term sheet. 

While true, were talking aggy here. With aggy even if you have a 30 page notarized contract with initials on every page they will still ultimately try to find a way to weasel out of it if it suits their interests.

Sovereign immunity anyone? 

I just moved into a very nice neighborhood in Northern Virginia last Saturday.  My new neighbor is an Aggy.  He has a chicken and a fucking turkey that he keeps on his proprty.
Everyone in Virginia knows the very nice neighborhoods are only allowed to have chickens.

19 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

I just moved into a very nice neighborhood in Northern Virginia last Saturday.  My new neighbor is an Aggy.  He has a chicken and a fucking turkey that he keeps on his proprty.

Bet he's keeping a heifer in the house too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Got to pay well to get people to move to that shithole.  

Not only to move there, but to weigh down your careers by putting aggy on your coaching resume.

Joining aggy staff is detrimental to most careers.  Especially head coaches. The only ones who seem to get out with any upward momentum are assistant coaches that join in the first wave of a new coaching group.  Kind of like Kliffy and Sumlin.    I don't remember any HCs who moved up since Bryant?  

Of course aggy thinks being aggy HC is the ultimate career goal of all coaches, so I guess it has to do with perspective what others consider moving up.

31 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Not only to move there, but to weigh down your careers by putting aggy on your coaching resume.

Joining aggy staff is detrimental to most careers.  Especially head coaches. The only ones who seem to get out with any upward momentum are assistant coaches that join in the first wave of a new coaching group.  Kind of like Kliffy and Sumlin.    I don't remember any HCs who moved up since Bryant?  

Of course aggy thinks being aggy HC is the ultimate career goal of all coaches, so I guess it has to do with perspective what others consider moving up.

It fits in with their middle management culture.

1 hour ago, deft said:

So they’re definitely going to be paying well over $10M per year for coaching.

torbush

$10M? It’s probably closer to $12/13M.

$7.5M for Jimbo, $1.8M for Elmo, $600K for Schmidt. Then you have to consider the OC is making probably at least $750K.  That’s 10.5 before you consider the other half dozen coaches all probably making $250K - $500K each.

Give them credit for going all in and trying to spend their way into relevance. Problem is the low ROI here. Jimbo is coming off a 6-6 season and the FSU program had stagnated since Winston left. Best case he squeezes out a 9 win season and 3rd place finish in the sec West 

Lincoln Riley is 10x the coach that Fisher is at a fraction of the cost. Young, hungry up and comer is the mode aggy should have followed. 

Give them credit for going all in and trying to spend their way into relevance. Problem is the low ROI here. Jimbo is coming off a 6-6 season and the FSU program had stagnated since Winston left. Best case he squeezes out a 9 win season and 3rd place finish in the sec West 
Lincoln Riley is 10x the coach that Fisher is at a fraction of the cost. Young, hungry up and comer is the mode aggy should have followed. 

5-6. FSU kicked his ass to the curb when the aggy rumors started up.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Sadly the Aggies don't realize they have "set the bar" but only for themselves... they will struggle to ever pay less that what they have currently racked up... unless this fails and they realize they will never, ever be able to compete no matter how much money they try and spend.

So, aggy can’t spend their way out of debt...is that what you are saying?

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

I saw an aggy  practice video on their 247 site and Madibuke was not taking reps with the other DLinemen.  Any truth to the rumor that he is hurt again?  Vernon Jackson was still taking reps with the running backs and he looked slow as hell.  

Someone posted in the recruiting thread that Mabudieke is hurt again.

21 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

Has there ever been another fully guaranteed 10-year contract in any other sport?

Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. That ended about how this one will, with aggy paying Jimbo 5-6 years worth of dead money, or firing him for cause after the NCAA investigation.