Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Can't go wrong with an eating disorder and huge fake breasts.

I like the cut of your jib.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

10 years and 30 lbs from now, that's the kinda chick that will be on her 3rd liposuction/body contouring and going in for a chest enhancement in about a month. All financed by her corporate lawyer husband/boyfriend of course. (Not necessarily aggy, she'll be over that shit by then)

Who cares what she'll look like in 10 years from now?

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

A bit off the immediate topic, but I could watch this video over and over and over.

My baby brother is aggy.  Before the 2011 game, he asked me if UT could beat them.  I said, "No, we're not good enough to beat you, but you can beat yourselves".  And, that's what they did.  And, that's what they do.  No matter how hard they try, aggy will always find a way to fuck it up.                      

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Wait.  I've never even heard of Northwestern State.  We're not pretending Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Northwestern State, ULM, UAB, Texas State, Lamar, or UTSA are difficult, are we?

Do you watch college football outside Texas? South Carolina and Mississippi State are both pretty good.

• Like 1

Wait.  I've never even heard of Northwestern State.  We're not pretending Ole Miss, Miss State, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas, Northwestern State, ULM, UAB, Texas State, Lamar, or UTSA are difficult, are we?

They're definitely losing USCe. Arky and Miss St. are toss ups

41 minutes ago, PW119 said:

Based upon what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mississippi State brings back one of the better QBs in the SEC in Nick Fitzgerald, and now they're pairing him with one of the best offensive minds in football in Joe Moorhead.  They need some outside weapons, but they return four OL starters from what was a really good line last year and have a really good RB in Aeris Williams.

It's even better on defense. They return the majority of their starters from a top-20 unit, including two future high NFL draft picks in their front seven. If Nick Fitzgerald looks reasonably close to his old pre-injury self, a 9-10-win season is definitely in the cards for them.

Then there's South Carolina. Bentley is decent, not great, but their WR corps would not look out of place at a program a tier above them, with Deebo Samuel the headliner. As long as the line holds up against that depleted A&M pass rush, those receivers should have little trouble getting open against their corners, "Elko effect" or not. In general, they bring back a ton of production on offense. On defense, they have a very good front 7; there are question marks in the secondary, but it's a Muschamp-coached defense, so I think the defense will do fine.

There's some uncertainty with both teams - with MSU, brand new head coach + QB returning from injury; with South Carolina, seeing if Muschamp can put a quality offense on the field - but both have plenty of talent and get A&M at home. I expect the Fighting Jimbos to split those two games at best, and 0-2 is very much in the cards.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

It's pretty clear that aggy is embracing the inevitable poor season on the field. Jimbo has a shit load of runway, so who cares about 2018...y'all see that recruit'n ol' Jimbo's doin'?

I have no doubt Jimbo is telling every recruit this year to ignore the on-field results. We will see how many have the stomach for it as the season rolls along.

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

I'll definitely take Miss State and South Carolina over A&M. Both will likely be top 25ish teams and the aggys have to play both on the road.

Miss State dominated A&M last year in College Station and return 17 starters from that team. I actually think Miss State can challenge for the SEC West title. They should be really good. South Carolina went 9-4 last year and return a lot of production. The only reason A&M beat South Carolina last year is South Carolina lost 3 starting OL to injury and their best overall player at WR in Deebo Samuel. A&M is significant underdogs in both these games if you ask me. 

I also won't be shocked if they lose one out of Ole Miss, Kentucky and Arkansas. A&M probably has the slight edge in all 3 but they are all coin flip type picks. I would probably take Ole Miss to win if they are healthy on offense because they will score a shitload of points. 

I think aggy is significant underdogs against Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina and Miss State. They will probably lose to LSU but I wouldn't consider them "significant" underdogs. Then you have a few coin flips like Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Then you have the "should be win" category like NW State, ULM, and UAB.  

Edited by texasstrong12

2 hours ago, Sejjr said:

It's pretty clear that aggy is embracing the inevitable poor season on the field. Jimbo has a shit load of runway, so who cares about 2018...y'all see that recruit'n ol' Jimbo's doin'?

I have no doubt Jimbo is telling every recruit this year to ignore the on-field results. We will see how many have the stomach for it as the season rolls along.

If they are, it's smart.  When you know bad news is coming, best to get out in front, own it, and control the narrative.  

That said, rollercoaster coming cause the common Aggie is to stupid to realize this.  

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

As long as the line holds up against that depleted A&M pass rush, those receivers should have little trouble getting open against their corners.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article175216976.html

South Carolina's OL should be better next year if they stay healthy. They had the same issues as Texas last year because of all the injuries. 

The only thing that saved A&M last year is South Carolina's roster was banged up. South Carolina didn't have their best WR/best player (Samuels), starting RT (Bailey), starting RG (Helms). Then their starting RT (Young) was injured in the 1st quarter and missed the rest of the game. Then their LG ( I can't remember his name) was banged up for a couple series. 

That game was actually incredible to watch. Not sure I've seen a team lose almost their entire starting offensive line. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On 8/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, Machinator said:

1) Projected S&P wins = 6.7. This is about right. Between 5-7 and 7-5 is where I think they finish. I definitely wouldn't have A&M as favorites against South Carolina but the win probabilities seem about right for the others.

2) Very little SR production on the offense. Lanfear (backup), Sutherland (always injured guard), and Trevor Wood (nope). A&M returns a lot of starters but it's still a fairly young/inexperienced roster on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not sure A&M's defense will be a dumpster fire barring a few more injuries but there's definitely potential with their offense. Questionable QB play, lack of talent on the OL, youth/lack of production at WR, only one viable TE with an offense that requires a TE, and no depth in general on the offensive side of the ball. This could be bad. 

3) A&M will probably take a significant hit on special teams losing Kirk, Tripucka and Jeff Banks. 

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'll definitely take Miss State and South Carolina over A&M. Both will likely be top 25ish teams and the aggys have to play both on the road.

Miss State dominated A&M last year in College Station and return 17 starters from that team. I actually think Miss State can challenge for the SEC West title. They should be really good. South Carolina went 9-4 last year and return a lot of production. The only reason A&M beat South Carolina last year is South Carolina lost 3 starting OL to injury and their best overall player at WR in Deebo Samuel. A&M is significant underdogs in both these games if you ask me. 

I also won't be shocked if they lose one out of Ole Miss, Kentucky and Arkansas. A&M probably has the slight edge in all 3 but they are all coin flip type picks. I would probably take Ole Miss to win if they are healthy on offense because they will score a shitload of points. 

I think aggy is significant underdogs against Clemson, Auburn, Alabama, South Carolina and Miss State. They will probably lose to LSU but I wouldn't consider them "significant" underdogs. Then you have a few coin flips like Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Then you have the "should be win" category like NW State, ULM, and UAB.  

Kentucky is about the on par with aggy IMO.  They return almost everyone outside of QB.

Morris will throw the kitchen sink at aggy.

9 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Yeah. The only way the plan really gets derailed is if they do horribly (like <4 wins) or we have a dominant season and start flipping guys.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:48 AM, ousux said:
On 8/7/2018 at 10:29 AM, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I sweatergawd there was an autonomous car on the tollway the other day, but it was an ordinary car (mid 2k's Camry) that didn't look so equipped and didn't appear to have passengers either. Turns out it was a tiny Asian lady who's line of sight had to be directly at the instrument panel and nothing else. *shudders*

Those cars have been a hazard around Phoenix, with multiple wrecks reported by autonomous vehicles...

On 8/7/2018 at 8:12 PM, texasstrong12 said:

National "analysts" (even SEC homers) are starting to figure out that Jimbo has a tough road these first couple of years.

The '19 schedule doesn't do A&M any favors either. @ Clemson, @ Georgia, @ LSU, @ Ole Miss. Then Auburn, Miss State, South Carolina and Auburn at home. 

Louisiana Monroe could be a trap game...

21 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Is there any downside to making such as upset prediction?   He’s brilliant if aggy upsets Clem, and if Clem rolls, as projected, they can just laugh and say: “Now, you know we were just dreaming”!